What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Modern Family Thread (1 Viewer)

pollardsvision said:
YSR said:
Weakest episode yet tonight, IMO. Hope it's not a trend. :)
I thought it was a great episode. The fire alarm thing was great and I about lost it when Cam picked up the wrong baby.
I saw it coming but I still laughed. I was :lmao: when those actors started doing the voice overs.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Phil/fire alarm plot was hilarious :thumbup: I don't wanna jinx anything, but I think this is the most consistently funny TV show since Arrested Development. Also, there was a lot of cleavage of the oldest daughter in that last bit, it's been confirmed that she is 18+ right :shrug:
She's turning 20 this month!

The fire alarm story wasn't the funniest but it brought out the slightly more serious side in Phil (losing business at work). It makes his character more realistic.

"Stop freaking out. It is not coming true!"

We let our kids watch it with us this time. They really wanted to know what the dream was about and why it was funny.

I laughed at the smoke detector plot only because it hit home on a personal level. When one of mine start beeping, it takes me a while to figure out which one too. That had me in tears.

I admit, I'm getting old and not caring about pop culture much anymore or keeping tabs on what's "cool" and a bit of a curmudgeon BUT is that group dance thing a real thing??

What's interesting in that flash mob is the old, bald guy in the coat and tie and headband. In the flash mob scene, there is an old, bald guy in a three piece suit and headband right beside Mitchell. Can't tell if it's the same guy, but the show definitely borrowed that idea from the Hammer flash mob.

pollardsvision said:
Loved Phil and the daughters boo-hooing in the car.
I wanted to like that scene, but I thought it was one of the few instances of unbelievable poor acting. I didn't buy either of the daughters crying. I kept watching waiting to see if they were going to wink at each other because they were faking, or what joke was coming.

Gloria (turning down bike riding lessons): I pass. It doesn't make sense. There's no reason that thing should stay upright.

Jay: There's no reason you should stay upright. It just works.

And :thumbup: for the Jami Gertz sighting.

Gloria (turning down bike riding lessons): I pass. It doesn't make sense. There's no reason that thing should stay upright.Jay: There's no reason you should stay upright. It just works.And :cry: for the Jami Gertz sighting.
Last night's episode was FANTASTIC. There were so many gems. Al Bundy stole the show last night.Many: Look, I can ride a bike!Bundy: Stephen Hawking could ride that bike.Later - Bundy: "Two thirds of my family can't do what a Billion Chinese people can do."And after she crashes: "who wants to go shopping?"And LOL at Phil: "Yeah, she told me I betrayed her on every level."And yes, last night was the first time the Dumphy kid brought something to the table.

Sweet J said:
NMYMND said:
Gloria (turning down bike riding lessons): I pass. It doesn't make sense. There's no reason that thing should stay upright.

Jay: There's no reason you should stay upright. It just works.

And :confused: for the Jami Gertz sighting.
Last night's episode was FANTASTIC. There were so many gems. Al Bundy stole the show last night.Many: Look, I can ride a bike!

Bundy: Stephen Hawking could ride that bike.

Later - Bundy: "Two thirds of my family can't do what a Billion Chinese people can do."

And after she crashes: "who wants to go shoppingto the jewelry store?"

And LOL at Phil: "Yeah, she told me I betrayed her on every level."

And yes, last night was the first time the Dumphy kid brought something to the table.
Fixed

Claire's facial expressions when she realized she was in the neighborhood speed demon's car was my favorite part of last night's episode.

Users who are viewing this thread