What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Modern Family Thread (2 Viewers)

Another great episode. Cameron's giggling like a schoolgirl was epic. There were a lot of great one-liners that I can't remember now but had me rolling at the time.

The only thing I didn't like about this episode was the setup with the speeder coincidentally being Phil's real estate client. Seemed sitcom formulaic and reminded me of when Seinfeld started doing this, marking the beginning of the end.

Great episode...

Loved Gloria with the "please come back" to the email.

and Phil with

"well forgive me for thinking your zesty performance deserved some praise"

Luke: Did you notice Dad had the same look on his face as when he smells a new car.

Phil: It's like your shaking hands, but you're not using your hands. At all.

drum roll...........................

It happened to me before with another woman. At that time, I was the one getting it. It hurt. You have to admit that you’re only happy when you’re the one cracking the whip. Come on. We all know how you ride Phil. Let go a little. Maybe even taste my cupcakes. I will join you." --Gloria

St. Louis Bob said:
:lmao: "I think I'm going to pass out." :lmao:
"Whatever they were doing it looked like dad was winning."
lolSLB: It looked like the were doing it doggy, didn't it?Mrs. SLB: :rolleyes: I don't know Bob.SLB: (Catches a glimpse of Claire's panties, puts arm around Mrs. SLB)*** Your quote above***SLB: See, I was right. (Holds Mrs. SLB closer)***My quote happens***SLB: (OMG) I'm really horny, aren't you horny?Mrs. SLB: I'm tired. We were up too late having sex last night. :sadbanana: :sadbanana: :sadbanana: :sadbanana:

Great episode, every one mentioned the great lines.

Cameron cracks me the #### up every time, is mannerisms and faces he makes ...

Ok. I love the show. And I'm not complaining, but...that's the second straight episode that was based on the old "Three's Company" type of comedy, where everyone is talking about something different causing miscommunications and misunderstandings. Just saying...

Ok. I love the show. And I'm not complaining, but...that's the second straight episode that was based on the old "Three's Company" type of comedy, where everyone is talking about something different causing miscommunications and misunderstandings. Just saying...
I thought this also.... :goodposting:

I thought this also.... :thumbup:
Interesting. It reminded me of the great writing on Frasier when that show was "on." Yeah, it all hinged on miscommunication, but that conversation between Gloria and Claire w/ Phil's drop-ins was just great writing. Each comment and response played on the last. Don't the Emmys have an award for individual episode screenplay or something? If so, I'd nominate that one.

To be honest, if they keep me laughing, I don't care if they do this every episode. It was Hilarious!

And every episode of Law and Order is just like watching the news, and American Idol is Star Search with the attention whore factor dialed up to 11. Original TV shows are cancelled mid-season. If you try and expect more from network TV, you'll only be disappointed.

I thought this also.... :lmao:
Yep. this one was better than the two previous, but it still felt campy and I could see the setups as soon as they laid out the foundation. So far this season is a let down for me, I hope they can pick it up.

And every episode of Law and Order is just like watching the news, and American Idol is Star Search with the attention whore factor dialed up to 11. Original TV shows are cancelled mid-season. If you try and expect more from network TV, you'll only be disappointed.
The first two seasons of MF were much better than what is on now. If they don't pick it up, they'll probably be canceled after 1 maybe two more seasons.

The first two seasons of MF were much better than what is on now. If they don't pick it up, they'll probably be canceled after 1 maybe two more seasons.
Being groundbreaking and witty and unconventional is not a recipe for longevity on TV. My namesake's show had 2 3/4 seasons on network TV. Two and a Half Men is working on nine seasons.

The current season is the 2nd season.

Why let facts get in the way of a person's opinion?

11 million viewers and the best rating in the 18-49 demo of anything on scripted network TV says otherwise.

Are you sure? I thought they took a break after the pilot season and then came back with several more, then another break before these last few new episodes started. I'm not dogging the show, just stating that I don't think it will retain it's legs if it keeps up with what I see as poor writing. I've enjoyed every episode up until the last few.

I'm not dogging the show, just stating that I don't think it will retain it's legs if it keeps up with what I see as poor writing. I've enjoyed every episode up until the last few.
wow. this is the best written situation comedy on network TV in the past decade, maybe two decades.

Are you sure? I thought they took a break after the pilot season and then came back with several more, then another break before these last few new episodes started. I'm not dogging the show, just stating that I don't think it will retain it's legs if it keeps up with what I see as poor writing. I've enjoyed every episode up until the last few.
Yes.

I thought this also.... :shrug:
Yep. this one was better than the two previous, but it still felt campy and I could see the setups as soon as they laid out the foundation. So far this season is a let down for me, I hope they can pick it up.
I don't think you'll find another sitcom on TV that scores higher on the hit/miss ratio. I would suggest Community as a comedy that takes bigger risks for laughs, but it is more at risk than Modern Family for survival because it tries harder.

Watching this show right now for the first time ever. Pretty funny.

It seems unusual to see a comedy show with no laughtrack.

Watching this show right now for the first time ever. Pretty funny.It seems unusual to see a comedy show with no laughtrack.
Nowadays it seems more unusual to watch a show with a laughtrack.
If you say so. I don't watch many comedies these days. I'm used to shows like Cheers and M*A*S*H with the laughtrack and/or live audience.I do watch The Office though, and that show has gotten me used to telling myself when to laugh. :confused:

Watching this show right now for the first time ever. Pretty funny.It seems unusual to see a comedy show with no laughtrack.
Nowadays it seems more unusual to watch a show with a laughtrack.
Watch that piece of crap 2 and 1/2 men and pay attention to the laughtrack for about 5 minutes. (The laughtrack is funnier than the show)

Gloria: "I'm your second wife. Why do you treat me like the first?"

Clive: You're pretty and smart. Or should I say, pretty smart.

Users who are viewing this thread