What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Wagering Thread: THERE HE IS!@! (10 Viewers)

the money laundering aspect of this bull#### is sooo fn annoying these days. Anyone have suggestions as to how to convert 2 debits cards into cash I can actually deposit in a bank?
you should be able to go to an atm and withdraw the money, you'll lose some of the money in fees but that's the fastest way. I found the lowest transaction fee atm with the largest withdrawal amt allowed in my area after getting a few of these last year.

the money laundering aspect of this bull#### is sooo fn annoying these days. Anyone have suggestions as to how to convert 2 debits cards into cash I can actually deposit in a bank?
you should be able to go to an atm and withdraw the money, you'll lose some of the money in fees but that's the fastest way. I found the lowest transaction fee atm with the largest withdrawal amt allowed in my area after getting a few of these last year.
Cool. Thank god. I was looking at it as a pre-paid credit card rather than a debit card. Every other withdraw has been seemless. Still don't understand why they "defaulted" to a debit card". And annoyed they essentially sat on the money for no good reason.

Cool. Thank god. I was looking at it as a pre-paid credit card rather than a debit card. Every other withdraw has been seemless. Still don't understand why they "defaulted" to a debit card". And annoyed they essentially sat on the money for no good reason.
They had a processor issue a few weeks back that could have caused this screw up

They had a processor issue a few weeks back that could have caused this screw up
Probably an overreaction on my part :confused: but shady money dealings are the last thing I need.Thanks for the input Lump.

Probably an overreaction on my part :( but shady money dealings are the last thing I need.Thanks for the input Lump.
It's not an overreaction. It's tough to win money doing this, then when there are issues getting that money it's even more frustrating. everything about the offshore sports industry is a little shady, checks from all over the world, bank wires coming in from all kinds of countries, it's definitely not a clean process.but it's fun as hell

Probably an overreaction on my part :rolleyes: but shady money dealings are the last thing I need.Thanks for the input Lump.
It's not an overreaction. It's tough to win money doing this, then when there are issues getting that money it's even more frustrating. everything about the offshore sports industry is a little shady, checks from all over the world, bank wires coming in from all kinds of countries, it's definitely not a clean process.but it's fun as hell
I'm with a local now, but I used to like Pinnacle until they shut out USA accounts. And even with them it was never seemed super-easy or super-safe. But I agree on the fun part.

BSU is 0-2 against non BCS schools in bowl games.Backup QB in for UtahI can't imagine Peterson doesn't have his team up for this game after that Nevada debacle. Yes they had BCS aspirations but I can't see him allowing the team to lay an egg.This is such a tough one to call and 17 points is a lot, but BSU is the better football team for certain.
I know alot of people here are on utah +17. I'm just remembering that little stretch they went on for a few weeks where they couldn't do anything right. They were looking pathetically bad in all facets. Boise will dispose of them rather easily if thats the team that shows up for the utes. Wouldn't be surprised to see a Boise rout tonight. jmo. I do have Boise in some parlays/teasers I made when the lines came up for the bowl games. Stanford spread moved 1/2 pt. Play of the YR.

I'd love to pick Utah tonight, but I watched some of the Notre Dame/Utah game and that makes me think BSU is gonna smoke them. What is the total? Can someone do me a big favor and check the current line and total at the Greek for me? TIA.

I'd love to pick Utah tonight, but I watched some of the Notre Dame/Utah game and that makes me think BSU is gonna smoke them. What is the total? Can someone do me a big favor and check the current line and total at the Greek for me? TIA.
8:00 pm (ESPN) Las Vegas Bowl @ Sam Boyd Stadium - Las Vegas, NV 93 Utah +500 21 -115 -130 94 Boise State -16½ 58 -700 -115 37½ +100

8:00 pm (ESPN) Las Vegas Bowl @ Sam Boyd Stadium - Las Vegas, NV 93 Utah +500 21 -115 -130 94 Boise State -16½ 58 -700 -115 37½ +100
Thanks, I'm going BSU 2u. Tempted to play the over too, but Boise defense can probably shut these guys down.

Thanks, I'm going BSU 2u. Tempted to play the over too, but Boise defense can probably shut these guys down.
Early season form, I would say the over would be slam dunk. Right now, I'm tempted to go under or look elsewhere.

Boise -10 1st half is tempting, if I'm going to take a side. If Boise is going to cover the 17 in the end, they should be well on the way by the half.

My thoughts on BSU/Utah

These teams do not like each other, at all. Utah is a decent team who played over their heads for a good portion of the season but choked out once they ran up against good teams. Air Force and San Diego State should have beat them, hell even BYU should have beat them (BYU played well late in their defense). Back-up QB, lackluster finish and getting smoked by a team in TCU which is similar to Boise makes me want to avoid them tonight.

I disagree with the premise that Boise has nothing to play for also. They are a borderline great team who can hang with probably anyone and they play physical defense. I also think their general dislike of Utah plays a factor and Moore will just roll that Utah defense.

Boise State 42 Utah 17

Boise -10 1st half is tempting, if I'm going to take a side. If Boise is going to cover the 17 in the end, they should be well on the way by the half.
Was a solid money bet most of the yr. I think RN was hitting on it each week.Some good college bb plays tonight. Thing is, I like too many games right now and want to narrow it down some.

Four team RR(by 2's,3's, and 4) college hoops. Dayton +7.5, Duquesne -3, Marshall +4.5, and Portland U -3.5. Other games I played were Northern Illinois +12, GW -5, Delaware -6.5, Butler -8.5. I expect a bounce back game from the Illini after UIC upset them. -1.5 vs. Mizzou.

Boise St. -10 1H is the only play for me tonight. It seems to me that everyone loves Boise St. tonight which has me concerned about the whole game. The hatred is there as has been mentioned already. I think Boise tears em' up in the 1H before taking the foot off the gas in the 2H putting a back door cover in play.

I am only playing this for a unit as I am also concerned that these kids went from playing in a BCS bowl and possibly a national championship to playing on Dec. 22 just a few short weeks ago after a couple of missed FG's. I seriously question if the intensity is going to be there for all 60 minutes on the part of BSU.

GLTA

AB

Happy Holidays to my friends here - going off the grid for the holidays and spent a lot of time at the poker tables this past week so i missed out on a lot of college BB plays :shrug:

Right now making my annual Christmas Baked Ziti and drinking some vodka. Should be a good one - going to get on Boise St.

Can someone break down a "round robin" for me please?
bunch of parlays - so if you have three teams and rr by 2'sparlay a with bparlay a with cparlay b with cIf you did a straight three team parlay and only one team lost, you lost your whole bet.If you rr by 2's and only one team loses, you generally squeak away with a small profit or pushIf all three teams win, you done good.

Boise rolled a bunch of really really bad teams, then stumbled vs. Nevada. Their stats may be a bit inflated, but they are really good.

Utah fell on it's face down the stretch, but has won something like 9 or 10 straight bowl games.

I think we have more of a known commodity in Boise State, while it's harder to figure out just how good Utah is. I have no doubts that Utah will be up for this game, as they won't appreciate being a big underdog to a team they hate so much. Both teams play better D than they are given credit for.

I like Utah and the under: Boise State wins 31-20

Happy Holidays to my friends here - going off the grid for the holidays and spent a lot of time at the poker tables this past week so i missed out on a lot of college BB plays :hophead:Right now making my annual Christmas Baked Ziti and drinking some vodka. Should be a good one - going to get on Boise St.
Sounds great...what time is dinner served? I'll be having a drink myself after I'm done lifting. Are you in the fantasy football championship this week?

Happy Holidays to my friends here - going off the grid for the holidays and spent a lot of time at the poker tables this past week so i missed out on a lot of college BB plays :hophead:Right now making my annual Christmas Baked Ziti and drinking some vodka. Should be a good one - going to get on Boise St.
Sounds great...what time is dinner served? I'll be having a drink myself after I'm done lifting. Are you in the fantasy football championship this week?
I made it. Thanks to Mendenhall's mistake 100 yards (6 point bonus for 100). Will be a few cool grand if I can pull it out but my opponent has a stacked squad and insane matchups. You make it as well?Baked Ziti will be ready in 15. Took me about 4 hours to make my marinara first so I had to wait for that. It's better than stuffing with raisins in it like Raider's sister likes to drum up. ;)

I made it. Thanks to Mendenhall's mistake 100 yards (6 point bonus for 100). Will be a few cool grand if I can pull it out but my opponent has a stacked squad and insane matchups. You make it as well?Baked Ziti will be ready in 15. Took me about 4 hours to make my marinara first so I had to wait for that. It's better than stuffing with raisins in it like Raider's sister likes to drum up. :D
Nice - congrats and good luck! That's unreal about Mendenhall...I was at the game. Anything can happen and he might have a down week. I'm in the big game in 4 out of 5 leagues. Hard to believe, just hoping I don't go 0-4 after the season I have had. None are for big money, but every bit adds up if I win a few of them.Homemade marinara...you are living large man. I'm jealous. I think I'm still in a diabetic coma from all the crap I have eaten at work this week.

Bender - forgive my ignorance, but who is the dude in your avatar?
It's John Bender - from the movie "The Breakfast Club" (Actors name is Judd Nelson - He was in New Jack City) You must be either way older than I or way younger? Either way, get it from netflix, get it from RedBox, get it by any means and check it out. It's my favorite flick outside of Goodfellas and The GodfatherETA: It's necessarily a great american classic movie, just one that I grew up watching.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's John Bender - from the movie "The Breakfast Club" (Actors name is Judd Nelson - He was in New Jack City) You must be either way older than I or way younger? Either way, get it from netflix, get it from RedBox, get it by any means and check it out. It's my favorite flick outside of Goodfellas and The GodfatherETA: It's necessarily a great american classic movie, just one that I grew up watching.
Ah, I see...I'll definitely check it out. :thumbup: Looks like it came out in 1985. I was 6 then, so I missed out on it.

It's John Bender - from the movie "The Breakfast Club" (Actors name is Judd Nelson - He was in New Jack City) You must be either way older than I or way younger? Either way, get it from netflix, get it from RedBox, get it by any means and check it out. It's my favorite flick outside of Goodfellas and The Godfather

ETA: It's necessarily a great american classic movie, just one that I grew up watching.
Ah, I see...I'll definitely check it out. :thumbup: Looks like it came out in 1985. I was 6 then, so I missed out on it.
this Bender is better.

Utah's defense will not contain BSU. And Utah doesn't have the horses to stay with them. QB Cain is a terrible passer but has good feet and is a better game manager. However, BSU will run him down no problem. Utah can run the ball a bit and can move the chains there but not over the whole game. 17 seems about right. Figure BSU is good for 35+. Does Utah have 3-4 TDs in them to cover? I don't think so unless BSU makes multiple bad errors.

tweet from the wiz of odds who is in so cal and will be attending navy/sdsu...

JayChristensen

One day to Poinsettia Bowl & more rain in SoCal. Reports are 50% of field at Qualcomm Stadium is under H2O. Some flooding in parking lots.

I might've just turned on the TV at the wrong time but I watched the end of that Brotzman interview. The fallout was interesting and I get the feeling BSU is actually out to prove something...yet again. Moore was publicly supportive and so were the fans (sans the early idiot FB hits and such). They sold out every ticket to this no problem. And they are looking at it as a way to prove what a great program they have -- this time through resiliency. Anyway, that's my take. And we heard about the flareups and comments coming in, which is always good.

Again, maybe I'm getting the wrong feeling but if not, and they are indeed up for this, they should trounce Utah. We could essentially be getting maybe the best team in the country tonight against Utah, without their QB. This could be one of those games you look at when it's over, and kick yourself for not loading on BSU...

yeah, let's make some money in this Navy/SDSU game

Navy, plodding running game. so-so defense

SDSU nice passing offense. don't know about their defense.

Under? Navy? Come on, let's make some ####### money!

Sonny Lubick Blowup Doll said:
I might've just turned on the TV at the wrong time but I watched the end of that Brotzman interview. The fallout was interesting and I get the feeling BSU is actually out to prove something...yet again. Moore was publicly supportive and so were the fans (sans the early idiot FB hits and such). They sold out every ticket to this no problem. And they are looking at it as a way to prove what a great program they have -- this time through resiliency. Anyway, that's my take. And we heard about the flareups and comments coming in, which is always good.Again, maybe I'm getting the wrong feeling but if not, and they are indeed up for this, they should trounce Utah. We could essentially be getting maybe the best team in the country tonight against Utah, without their QB. This could be one of those games you look at when it's over, and kick yourself for not loading on BSU...
Ok, you convinced me. In at -16.5.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread