What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 1 Venting Thread (2 Viewers)

In one league, my QB choices were Cutler & Roethlisberger. Guess who I chose. :bag:

What makes it worse: I'm a Bears homer!

Two years in a row I've faced the toughest scheduled in our league. First week of this year? I face Lesean McCoy, Britt, Wayne, and Balt D. And he's still got Lloyd and Rivers to go. Why bother...

Oh...and just to make sure you're getting it. My opponent has 25% more points than the next highest scoring team. Which is me...

'overkill94 said:
I thought I was soooo smart waiting on a QB and picking up Roethlisberger late. What a bum.
:thumbup: I know ... it's only 1 game and he's a proven guy and all. But I'm one of those that can't resist using an early round pick on a QB. This is the year I tell myself "Time to play Football Guys smart!", get early value at RB/WR and target Big Ben late. And I do ... and I'm getting destroyed. Not just Ben, but my RBs are killing me as well (Chris Johnson and Hillis).Though at least those guys came out of their game intact. In another league, I have Foster and SJax as my RBs - with Ward to protect myself while Foster is out. Now all 3 are gone :cry: (though at least Ward and SJax had the courtesy to score me points before leaving)

Oh yeah, jumped on the Kendricks bandwagon only to score 1.5 points. Owen Daniels was sitting on the bench scoring the same amount!!

Hoping these players turn around

'ponchsox said:
Mendy and Bowe = loss
yea I also had that going today, but to make it worse, I had Blount going as well, how does a starting RB get 5-7 touches for 15 yards, WTF.

You want to know the definition of awesomeness? Did you see the yardage total DWill put on the Cardinals? Dwill dropped 30 massive yards (3 points in my league) on the Cardinals, totally shredding their defense while getting them.

Good thing, though, because if he would have dropped anymore I would have won against my opponent and I certainly didn't want that. Thanks, Dwill. Thank-you very much. Glad you were able to live up to your contract.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve Smith on my bench (Austin, Ochocinco, and Brandon Marshall starting...)

None of them have played yet, but I SERIOUSLY doubt they match his performance. :(

#### you CBS Sportsline. Not only do you run an expensive and crappy website, but your factual inaccuracies cost me 9 pts. Thanks for listing the retired Kicker (Carney) on the free agent list as opposed to the one that NO had actually signed for the injured hartley (Kasay). We have a one time FA bid process, so i was unable to correct that failure. I guess i expected since we pay money to you, that the FA list would include players on actual teams, not ones who have been retired for well over a year and not the one they signed to replace their inured kicker. Last time I use CBS FA list as a FA list. :ptts: I know but this cost me 9 pts in a very close match in my big $ league. :rant: so ####### annoying. CBS is the worst fantasy football site out there. why do people pay money for it (i have been lobbying my league for years to drop it, but people are 'used to it'.

If you hate CBS as much as me (and hopefully to get them to change) feel free to comment here

http://www.cbssports...thread/31912201

Kaeding.....really....I take you a round early to get the best kicker on the board and this is how you reward me. You, sir, are a #####.

One on each side...

1. Vincent Jackson - My top WR with a 2 catch, 31 yard performance? Really?

2. Cedric Benson - Broke a 40 yard touchdown run with 1:30 left.

I now need 11 points from Romo and Felix vs. Green-Ellis. Should be easy, but have a bad feeling I'll be posting in here again tomorrow.

Started Pettigrew over Gresham. Also the CJ thing gurt. But it looks like I'l still win.

I drafted QBs Big Ben and Bradford thinking I had a nice combo working with my late drafted QBs. I couldn't understand how one guy in my league waited what I thought was far too long and took Kolb and Newton as his QBs. That will teach me a lesson thinking I'm so damn smart.

You see the googly eyed dweeb on the FBG banner "Does your team suck?" at the top of the SP page. Well he probably is a fellow DeAngelo Williams owner.

:ptts:

Good draft, picked the optimal lineup, 2nd highest score of the weekLost to the high scorerSSDY
I feel your pain BobbyLayne.Last year I had the 2nd highest scoring team in my dynasty league and it wasn't even close. I finished the season 6-7. Teams that normally sucked all year would somehow have their best game of the year against me even though most weeks I was in the top 4 in scoring. I love this game.

In 6 leagues and in all 6 I have Steve Smith. Sat him in 5 and guess which is the only one I'm winning. And it's not like in most I have that many better options. Others who screwed me include Matt Ryan, Mendenhall, Maclin and Lee Evans (though at least I sat him in 2 to play Jacoby Ford, who at least can't do less lol).

And then there are some of the bums that helped beat me, namely Ced Benson, Beanie Wells and Ted Ginn (for the 49ers defense).

Colston out 6-8, Clark looking worthless with Collins in there, AP + Gore kept out of the end zone, went up against the guy with McCoy and Megatron! :hot:

Brees and THT the only positives right now.

debated starting Tate & Ward over Jacobs & Mathews all week. Of course made the wrong choice and will end up costing me the game :wall:

Probably going to win this week, but losing Beason & Berry in my IDP dynasty league is going to hurt bad. My defense was awesome and was going to overcome my average offense. Now my whole team is average.

Started Megatron, Boldin, Romo(fitzpatrick on bench), Hightower, got 12 out of AZ Cardinal defense. Sound great until you see the remainder of my starters: chris johnson(felix jones on bench), J. cook(Olsen on the bench), Austen collie(didn't have another good option) contributed a total 5 points.

Users who are viewing this thread