What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W6 - San Francisco V Detroit (1 Viewer)

Harbaugh needs to check his emotions for 30 seconds, shake hands and say a couple of nice words to the opposing coach like virtually every coach has done since the beginning of time. Harbaugh was in the wrong here.

"Stay off" the Shark Pool? Really?
Hey, you basically said it, not me. You're the one that said this was why you don't come to the Shark Pool anymore. Apparently it's because you're a sore loser and can't handle the truth, thus your constant name calling and whining. Just calling it like I see it.
Are you for real? Every one of your posts looks like it's written by a first grader.

After Harbaugh did his gay dance and slapped Schwartz's hand, it looked like Schwartz said "#### you!" He then chased Harbaugh down, and Harbaugh yelled "Get out of my face! Get out of my face!"Silly, but entertaining.
:goodposting: This is what I saw as well. Schwartz chasing him down the sidelines was stupid, but you better believe his team will sure love that. Harbaugh should have just shown 2 seconds of restraint there, shook his hand--not pound him on the back, and then gone on to celebrate.Good to see some emotion from teams that have been down for the past few years...
Have a feeling Harbaugh was ticked from when Schartz was yapping after Harbaugh made that challenge flag mistake. Pumping his fist and crap. Don't blame him for not being enthused to greet that ###.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Doctor Detroit said:
Just lost all respect for Jim Harbaugh, what a tool.
Because he beat the Lions, yeah you tell em :homer:
I can't even go into a Lions thread without you being here. :wall:
you're the only user in FBG that I have in my ignore list. Look in the mirror glasshouse
How did you know to reply to him then? :confused:
Doctor Detroit or Jim Schwartz quoted him.

DD - not the finest display of sportsmanship from either coach but you're looking a tad too homerish here.
I've always been a big Harbaugh fan. :shrug:
:thumbup: Just came across as you were bashing Harbaugh and holding Schwartz above the fray. Unless something really insulting/over the top was said, it seems fans of both teams should be a bit embarrassed by how their coaches acted. From what I saw on tv they both seemed like immature idiots way too excited. I hope SF will win many more games and Harbaugh will take the time to give the other coach a full handshake that lasts only a second. But whatever. Fans of both teams should be stoked. Lions and Niners look to be rising powerhouses in the NFL. So cheers to all! :banned:

'Doctor Detroit said:
you're the only user in FBG that I have in my ignore list. Look in the mirror glasshouse
Last week's game still stinging isn't it?

Harbaugh with a tremendous upset in Detroit has every right to be totally pumped about that win. Schwartz lost and has sour grapes because he got his ### beat at home by an inferior team.

Harbaugh with a tremendous upset in Detroit has every right to be totally pumped about that win. Schwartz lost and has sour grapes because he got his ### beat at home by an inferior team.
Harbaugh, as a 'professional', needs to compose himself as one.

Do you really think the 49ers are inferior or is this shtick? I think the 49ers are pretty good, that defense is tremendous.

It was an intense game between two good teams. Both coaches got caught up in the heat of the moment and probably did things they wouldn't have otherwise, and somewhat regret it.

I don't think it is much more than that.

Harbaugh needs to check his emotions for 30 seconds, shake hands and say a couple of nice words to the opposing coach like virtually every coach has done since the beginning of time. Harbaugh was in the wrong here.
He slowed down from celebrating. Gave a handshake. One comment. Pat on the back. Then continued celebrating. You really want to have a conversation after a hard fought game? Why? So they could talk about X's and O's. After a loss, the last thing you want to do is chat.

I like both coaches but Harbaugh was more in the wrong IMO. By all means celebrate the big win but compose yourself for 3 seconds for the post game handshake like 99% of NFL coaches have done throughout history.

Good for Schwartz for not taking that crap.

The bigger picture though is good for the league to see these two franchises in an exciting, important game. The chippiness at the end included.

'Doctor Detroit said:
Isn't there a Seahawks thread for you to be dwelling in?

BS....he has the right to celebrate, but he also owes the opposing coach a gracious handshake and a couple of good words. Just check your emotions for a few seconds and then continue your celebration.

Harbaugh

"I was really revved up. That wasn't me, just shook his hand too hard. ... That's on me. Handshake was too hard."

That's not nearly as bad as the discussion in here made it seem. Yes, Harbaugh should have brought it down a notch for the handshake, but he was obviously just excited and in the middle of celebrating with his team. Less classy is the Niners' assistant coach at the beginning of the clip... no shirt, half unzipped windbreaker :lmao:

Harbaugh has shown he's a tool in the past. The rivalry with Carroll started when SC was way ahead and knelt down with almost 2 minutes left. So USC ran a flea flicker and scored, then Harbaugh started whining about running up the score. Even if that wasn't the start of the bad blood between them it was still a total tool move when SC was just running out the clock, and then whine about getting his ### handed to him.

Hey, you basically said it, not me. You're the one that said this was why you don't come to the Shark Pool anymore. Apparently it's because you're a sore loser and can't handle the truth, thus your constant name calling and whining. Just calling it like I see it.
:lmao: I would never say "stay off the Shark pool," trust me.
Which is why I said you basically said you stayed off. If you never come over here anymore then that basically means you stay off it right? Regardless, your homer views are really showing through. No need to name call just because your team lost and people don't agree with you. I guess people have varying degrees of the thickness of their skin. Some have thick skin and others don't. I think you can decide which you have based on your comments in the thread. To each their own though...

Harbaugh

"I was really revved up. That wasn't me, just shook his hand too hard. ... That's on me. Handshake was too hard."
Not sure that was the entire issue. Both coaches are immature and need to grow up some. At least he acknowledge it was on him, so that showed some class.

'Doctor Detroit said:
Isn't there a Seahawks thread for you to be dwelling in?
:bye: week

Harbaugh apparently said something "obscene" in addtion to prancing around like an idiot w/a total lack of class and respect. But he's always done this crap - like going for 2 against USC up 54-21 or whatever it was. he's a tool, plain and simple.

And I like Detroit. They've played great this year so far. That being said, Schwartz has shown the some kind of arrogance/fire/whatever. Now that the tables were turned, he couldn't take it. I don't care much for Harbough, but saw nothing wrong with what he did. The first really big win in his young NFL career. He'll learn to tone it down in the future, but what he did certainly didn't warrant Schwartz getting all bent out of shape about it.

:lmao: I would never say "stay off the Shark pool," trust me.
Which is why I said you basically said you stayed off.
Oooof.

A tweet from Anthony Davis, 49ers starting Oline:

AnthonyDavis76 Anthony Davis

Lions got TeaBaggggggged in thier house lmao.. lol and i saved shwartz life at the end..

lol

Any reason Best wasn't in the game the last couple of drives?
They wanted to win relying on their second tier guys.
That seems to be the most reasonable explanation I have received thus far.
I think Schwartz was sending a message to Best. Morris ran better with his limited carries. In his post game presser Schwartz mentioned that Stafford had no time today because they had no semblance of a running game.Odd time to do it though since the opposition knows that you're not gong to run with 80 yards to go and only 62 seconds to do it.

Harbaugh

Sure thing Jim...had nothing to do with whatever you said in response to Schwartz's "WTF?" AFTER the handshake...i'm sure you apologized and he went off for no reason. you can see it in the video - he clearly says something a few seconds after the handshake that sets Schwartz off - that was the "obscenity"

And I like Detroit. They've played great this year so far. That being said, Schwartz has shown the some kind of arrogance/fire/whatever. Now that the tables were turned, he couldn't take it. I don't care much for Harbough, but saw nothing wrong with what he did. The first really big win in his young NFL career. He'll learn to tone it down in the future, but what he did certainly didn't warrant Schwartz getting all bent out of shape about it.
It was the biggest blowoff of a handshake I have ever seen. He did not eve stop for 2 seconds to look him in the eye and say, 'good game and good luck with the rest of the season'. He grab his hand for less than a second and continued his jumping up and down.

As a neutral observer and without knowing what was said, I think both coaches looked pretty bad. Harbaugh's initial celebration and chest bump with his player were fine, but he should've composed himself a bit better before the handshake. Somewhat an "act like you've been there" moment.

Schwartz looked bad with the retaliation, though. There's no need to chase a guy towards the locker room and get into an altercation, albeit a small one.

IMO, they both kinda came off like #######s. :shrug:

I still think Schwartz looks worse here, but I'm not prepared to make sweeping conclusions about either one as a person based on this incident.

A tweet from Anthony Davis, 49ers starting Oline:AnthonyDavis76 Anthony Davis Lions got TeaBaggggggged in thier house lmao.. lol and i saved shwartz life at the end..I pray these two teams are good for the next few years. This has the makings of a great rivalry.lol

49ers played a great game. Lions should have played better. Stafford is still learning. Harbough was clearly excited, sure, yes. Lions will get them next time. I'm staying off Shark Pool.

I don't care much for Harbough, but saw nothing wrong with what he did.
:eek:
Like I said. He got excited after a big win. He's a rookie coach. I'm sure he could have went about it another way, but for Schwartz to get so worked up about it I thought was dumb. He should have walked away, but instead he got upset and in the end looked like more of the classless jerk many seem to be saying about Harbough.

49ers played a great game. Lions should have played better. Stafford is still learning. Harbough was clearly excited, sure, yes. Lions will get them next time. I'm staying off Shark Pool.
Glad to see you've calmed down a tad, a break is probably what you need.

Users who are viewing this thread