What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trent Cole is a worthless thug (2 Viewers)

ourmanflint

Footballguy
Last I checked its the National Football League not the Mixed Martial Arts.

What he did to Okung should bring a fine and suspension. It was simply one of the worst things I've witnessed in a pro football game ever...period.

I have absolutely no respect for this thug I personally think he belongs in a prison or a mental institution.

The ultimate punk a** loser move from a classless idiot.

You obviously missed it. Watch the play. It was a thug move. The guy is a punk. NFL Network and their sorry crew cut away from the play right after it happened. You could see that several Seattle players objected to it and ran quickly to Okung's aid. Then they went to a shot of the broadcast team while the fracas ensued and the refs dealt with it.

You obviously missed it. Watch the play. It was a thug move. The guy is a punk. NFL Network and their sorry crew cut away from the play right after it happened. You could see that several Seattle players objected to it and ran quickly to Okung's aid. Then they went to a shot of the broadcast team while the fracas ensued and the refs dealt with it.
I heard something about it, but like you say NFLN was going to commercial when it broke out. I don't think many people have seen. Link?

If I remember right, Trent Cole used to be a Seattle Seahawk. Could be some type of agenda, revenge. Too bad. The Hawks really had something special brewing.

Fat Andy's :tfp: is SO bad, that Donkeykong Suh himself would be considered a "calming" influence on that sideline ...

If I remember right, Trent Cole used to be a Seattle Seahawk. Could be some type of agenda, revenge. Too bad. The Hawks really had something special brewing.
Trent Cole was never a seahawk."Thug rapper" really, how discriminating could you be? There's pushing and shoving after every play, I've seen Okung do some things this year too. I'm sure it was back and forth all game.

Suh got two games for an unecessary violent act that did not lead to an injury. Cole's move was not only unecessary but also caused a season ending injury if not a longer lasting injury that could stay with Okung mcu longer, yet the talk is merely about a fine for the action and folks on an Eagles message board are defending the action as warranted. Time to see how serious the NFL is about protecting ALL players and eliminating dirty play. Suspend him with the length of suspension tied to the severity of the injury occurred on the dirty play..

Oh, well if the people on the Eagles message board say so..... :lmao:

Suh got two games for an unecessary violent act that did not lead to an injury. Cole's move was not only unecessary but also caused a season ending injury if not a longer lasting injury that could stay with Okung mcu longer, yet the talk is merely about a fine for the action and folks on an Eagles message board are defending the action as warranted. Time to see how serious the NFL is about protecting ALL players and eliminating dirty play. Suspend him with the length of suspension tied to the severity of the injury occurred on the dirty play..
Did you see the play?

Did you see the play?
Not live - but I just gooled Cole Okung and got mutliple still photos and video...plus news accounts of the play and commentary from Coach Carroll. So, based on what I have seen and read I'd say it was a pretty BS move on Cole's part. Do you disagree?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you see the play?
Not live - but I just gooled Cole Okung and got mutliple still photos and video...plus news accounts of the play and commentary from Coach Carroll. So, based on what I have seen and read I'd say it was a pretty BS move on Cole's part. Do you disagree?
I'd like to see a live video before I make any judgement. Even if it is a dirty play it still doesn't compare to the Suh situation.

Did you see the play?
I'd like to see a live video before I make any judgement. Even if it is a dirty play it still doesn't compare to the Suh situation.
Your right - first it doesn't compare because there was an actual injury in the Cole play...but also because as far as I know Cole doesn't have the history . Still, definitely worthy of a suspension whether or not there is a fine.

This is the only video that I could find:

http://yfrog.com/7doxcz

You'll have to turn your monitor/laptop sideways to get a good view. After finally getting to see it, I have no idea how this has blown up so much. It looks like Okung was blocking Cole. Cole saw the play go away from him and tried to run after Marshawn. Okung held Cole. Cole flipped Okung over his shoulder to get away from the hold. I really have no problem with the play

Post a video link or GTFO :)
I would if I could. I have an account with NFL Game Rewind but they apparently don't let you share plays anymore like last year.It was a punk move that clearly drew quite a reaction from players around the play including the refs. It was basically one of those wrestling moves where you think "oh damn" but it was for real. Trent Cole is classless and should sit for at least a few games. I think it's way worse than what Suh did. But it gets no publicity because NFL Network botched coverage of the play for whatever reason.

Maybe because it was garbage time. Maybe because they just didn't see it. I can't explain it.

Seahawks thought it was a cheap shot

Mike Sando missed the play

Seahawks unhappy with Eagles play that injured OL Okung

not to nit-pick.. because Cole did go out of his way to slam Okung but the whistles were blowing and alot of guys are agressive a second or 2 after the whistle blows.. esp. lineman.

"thug rapper move"? lol
You obviously don't know rappers. I stayed in a beautiful $350/night resort hotel one weekend. Ordered a spa day for my wife, room service. Very nice weekend planned.Little did we know there was a basketball tourney in town that week and at least 100 rappers converged on the place. They stayed up all night cussing and shouting vile things in the hallways. We complained to the staff and they were basically too scared to do anything.My wife walked out in the morning to go to the spa. I was sleeping. There were a few of them in the hallway. One of them was Jim Jones. They said things to her I wouldn't repeat anywhere. She objected and they threatened to kill her.My $350/night romantic weekend turned into a nightmare.Yea thug rapper.

Did you see the play?
Your right - first it doesn't compare because there was an actual injury in the Cole play...but also because as far as I know Cole doesn't have the history . Still, definitely worthy of a suspension whether or not there is a fine.
:shrug:I'm just not a fan giving out suspensions on the first time a player has a dirty play.

"thug rapper move"? lol
You obviously don't know rappers. I stayed in a beautiful $350/night resort hotel one weekend. Ordered a spa day for my wife, room service. Very nice weekend planned.Little did we know there was a basketball tourney in town that week and at least 100 rappers converged on the place. They stayed up all night cussing and shouting vile things in the hallways. We complained to the staff and they were basically too scared to do anything.My wife walked out in the morning to go to the spa. I was sleeping. There were a few of them in the hallway. One of them was Jim Jones. They said things to her I wouldn't repeat anywhere. She objected and they threatened to kill her.My $350/night romantic weekend turned into a nightmare.Yea thug rapper.
I fail to see how this has anything to do with Trent Cole.

"thug rapper move"? lol
So one time Trent Cole stayed up all night in a hotel cussing and shouting vile things in the hallway? Trent Cole said unspeakable things to his wife? :shrug:

"thug rapper move"? lol
Sleazy behavior.

"thug rapper move"? lol
And one of these people was Trent Cole? Yeah, black folks are scary.
There are white rappers. My wife is black BTW.

"thug rapper move"? lol
You obviously don't know rappers. I stayed in a beautiful $350/night resort hotel one weekend. Ordered a spa day for my wife, room service. Very nice weekend planned.Little did we know there was a basketball tourney in town that week and at least 100 rappers converged on the place. They stayed up all night cussing and shouting vile things in the hallways. We complained to the staff and they were basically too scared to do anything.

My wife walked out in the morning to go to the spa. I was sleeping. There were a few of them in the hallway. One of them was Jim Jones. They said things to her I wouldn't repeat anywhere. She objected and they threatened to kill her.

My $350/night romantic weekend turned into a nightmare.

Yea thug rapper.
:bs:

Any nice hotel wouldve thrown them out and or called the police. If someone threatened my wife I wouldve confronted them or called the police.

Biased article from the Seattle Times. Okung should have released when Cole had his back to him. Instead, Okung held on the play with his right hand to slow Cole down on the pursuit. Had Okung released when Cole had body position in pursuit of the play, we would not be having this discussion. Just bad luck for Okung he tore his pectoral. Next time I am sure he will not put himself in that position.

"thug rapper move"? lol
You obviously don't know rappers. I stayed in a beautiful $350/night resort hotel one weekend. Ordered a spa day for my wife, room service. Very nice weekend planned.Little did we know there was a basketball tourney in town that week and at least 100 rappers converged on the place. They stayed up all night cussing and shouting vile things in the hallways. We complained to the staff and they were basically too scared to do anything.

My wife walked out in the morning to go to the spa. I was sleeping. There were a few of them in the hallway. One of them was Jim Jones. They said things to her I wouldn't repeat anywhere. She objected and they threatened to kill her.

Yea thug rapper.

Any nice hotel wouldve thrown them out and or called the police. If someone threatened my wife I wouldve confronted them or called the police.
I guess you just have to be wrong.

"thug rapper move"? lol

Yea thug rapper.
And one of these people was Trent Cole? Yeah, black folks are scary.
I feel this is highly racist to assume that he was talking about a black white issue just because he was talking about rappers. I dont think the OP said ANYTHING about the color of the rappers in the hallway.

"thug rapper move"? lol
Well that certainly describes Trent Cole to a 'T'. You nailed it!

"thug rapper move"? lol
Well that certainly describes Trent Cole to a 'T'. You nailed it!
who cares. seriously. who cares.fantasy football folks. please.-biz-

Biased article from the Seattle Times. Okung should have released when Cole had his back to him. Instead, Okung held on the play with his right hand to slow Cole down on the pursuit. Had Okung released when Cole had body position in pursuit of the play, we would not be having this discussion. Just bad luck for Okung he tore his pectoral. Next time I am sure he will not put himself in that position.
What position would that be? It's common for players to play through the whistle, and some back-and-forth is expected, but late holding by Okung does not merit that kind of reaction at all. It's not simply bad luck, or "next time he'll know better". Players shouldn't expect to be slammed to the ground if they hold another slightly after the play.

What position would that be? It's common for players to play through the whistle, and some back-and-forth is expected, but late holding by Okung does not merit that kind of reaction at all. It's not simply bad luck, or "next time he'll know better". Players shouldn't expect to be slammed to the ground if they hold another slightly after the play.
You can take your position and I will take mine. Okung was out of position and holding. If he was not holding, he would not have been tossed.

"thug rapper move"? lol
Did your wife like it or what?

:goodposting: I feel bad for Cole. He is held ALOT & never gets calls at all. Its pretty much been like this the past 3 years with him. OTs get away with alot on Cole.

I think there is no outrage because you are going out your way bashing his character as if he broke into your house, slapped your mom, kicked your dog and left an ounce of milk left in the container. There have been alot worse things that happened this year that go unlooked. Alot is part of the game, some isnt, some is a fluke play.

"worst thing ever" ??I'm just not seeing it man. Injury's are always unfortunate, but c'mon, that toss didn't look any worse than the worst late hit we could see in any & EVERY Friday night high school game. If that was the worst you've seen, you haven't seen much football.

"thug rapper move"? lol
Jim Jones would have lost his life if that was my wife :boxing:

"thug rapper move"? lol

Yea thug rapper.

I guess you just have to be wrong.
Kind of an off topic rant/story with no correlation concerning Cole. :shrug:

I understand if you're upset because the action after the whistle from Cole caused injury to Okung. But you could argue that though Cole shouldnt have thrown him, Okung was possibly holding.. whitch wouldve been off-setting penalties??

Users who are viewing this thread