What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What kind of beer is everyone drinking tonight? (1 Viewer)

Thought this was a good place to ask this... having a Presidents' Day party next weekend keeping true to the Presidential theme. For example, picked up some 21st Amendment Brew Free or Die (with Mount Rushmore on the can) yesterday. Any other beers people would recommend that I look for?
http://www.williamsburgalewerks.com/Beers-Ales/williamsburg-alewerks-washingtons-porter-ale.aspx
Thanks. :thumbup:
Another. http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/450/13450
:mellow:

Thought this was a good place to ask this... having a Presidents' Day party next weekend keeping true to the Presidential theme. For example, picked up some 21st Amendment Brew Free or Die (with Mount Rushmore on the can) yesterday. Any other beers people would recommend that I look for?
http://www.williamsburgalewerks.com/Beers-Ales/williamsburg-alewerks-washingtons-porter-ale.aspx
:mellow:
:shrug: No reviews, no pic on tbs.

You can get Yards in DC maybe? http://www.yardsbrewing.com/alesGeorge Washington Tavern Porter and Thomas Jefferson Tavern Ale
Thanks. Looks like a place a couple of miles away carries those. Will have to pick some of those up. :banned:

'Please See Mine said:
Any Boston breweries worth hitting? Gonna be up there next weekend. Nothing really jumps out at me.
I went to the Sam Adams brewery about a month ago. Was fun but I wouldn't go out of my way to go. As opposed to say, Magic Hat, where they bring you through the whole bottling operation and all that, Sam Adams just talks about hops n' stuff in a tiny side room then brings you over next to the vats and explains their system for making beer. The guide is kind of like comedic entertainment. After that we head to a large room where we sample about 3 different beers by people handing around pitchers of beer.

'jamny said:
'Slapdash said:
'jamny said:
Newcastle Winter IPA tastes nothing like an IPA.
Is that good or bad?
Depends if you like the taste of IPA's. It's not a bad beer but I was dissapointed.
I don't know what a "winter ipa" is and don't know this beer, but fwiw I think most American ipa fans would be disappointed by the English ipa style -- For the same reason that popular beers like Alpha King and Zombie Dust from 3F, Dales Pale Ale and Daisy Cutter among others are branded as pale ales but all qualify as imperial ipas under the BJCP due to massive hop loads.

'jamny said:
'Slapdash said:
'jamny said:
Newcastle Winter IPA tastes nothing like an IPA.
Is that good or bad?
Depends if you like the taste of IPA's. It's not a bad beer but I was dissapointed.
I don't know what a "winter ipa" is and don't know this beer, but fwiw I think most American ipa fans would be disappointed by the English ipa style -- For the same reason that popular beers like Alpha King and Zombie Dust from 3F, Dales Pale Ale and Daisy Cutter among others are branded as pale ales but all qualify as imperial ipas under the BJCP due to massive hop loads.
Ah, that makes sense. It really is just a winter ale. The label says: "Our recipe echos the style of 18th century India pale ales, which were subtly higher hopped than British pale ales"So what do Brits think of a US Imperial IPA's?

Younger x2 and a chicken sammich for lunch before work. No lines. No crowds. :thumbup:
I'm heading over to Toronado Sunday AM for the 11:30 PtY tap. Let me know if you're planning on being there and I'll buy you that brew I owe you.
Working Sunday. Should be nuts over there. Get there early if you want to make sure you get some. Re: Lidiquers. Don't go in there too often. My buddy runs Olive Tree so I get almost everything from there. Check out there tasting room when you get a chance.

Found this one. Thanks again.I tried finding Yards, but it was out of stock at the stores near me that their web site said carried it. Found some 21st Amendment "Sneak Attack" to supplement the "Brew Free or Die" too.

Younger x2 and a chicken sammich for lunch before work. No lines. No crowds. :thumbup:
I'm heading over to Toronado Sunday AM for the 11:30 PtY tap. Let me know if you're planning on being there and I'll buy you that brew I owe you.
Working Sunday. Should be nuts over there. Get there early if you want to make sure you get some.
Got there ~ 11:10, line was down the block and then around the corner. Got 10 ft from the door @12:14 and dude runs out saying "Younger is DEAD, Younger is DEAD!". :thumbdown: Settled for an Elder and a 543 Haight. I can't complain, the crowd was fun.
Re: Lidiquers. Don't go in there too often. My buddy runs Olive Tree so I get almost everything from there. Check out there tasting room when you get a chance.
Is your buddy the sorta chubby dude with short light brown hair? I've seen that dude in there for what seems like ~ 10 yrs now, so I'm guessing he runs it. I've seen him a few times when his eyes were bleeding. :thumbup:

Saugatuck Brewery Neopolitan Stout to steal from a reviewer on a site, it manages to both deliver on its crazy promise (you can taste the chic, vanilla, and strawberry) yet it it is actually delicious. Too often these gimmick beers either are good and taste nothing like the gimmick or they taste just as advertised and it is not pleasant. This is a nice sweet creamy stout.

Last edited by a moderator:
GuinnessBoddingtons (#### you, Milan)Alpine GoodAlpine Exponential HoppinessAlpine GoodAlpine Bad Boy on Nitroand later a pour of Younger I bought a ticket for, so no lines, etc.... Brining a bottle of Expo for some side-by-side.

'tommyGunZ said:
'Sebowski said:
GuinnessBoddingtons (#### you, Milan)Alpine GoodAlpine Exponential HoppinessAlpine GoodAlpine Bad Boy on Nitroand later a pour of Younger I bought a ticket for, so no lines, etc.... Brining a bottle of Expo for some side-by-side.
Where?
First two at The Harp for the soccer game. Next 4 at Alpine. Younger pour at O'Briens. They sold tickets last week for $10 a pour all proceeds to charity. Claim your pour anytime tonight. Went really well. After that I hit Toronado and had a Sculpin on Nitro and an Alaskan Perseverance Ale (25th Anny). Then Pizza Port for a Psuedo IPA and a Six Point Nine Porter. Wednesdays....

I've found a few variety 12-packs recently that had a nice selection. Smuttynose and Magic Hat. But I bought a Flying Dog 12-pack today that has 3 Oyster Stouts :X in it. Haven't gotten to them yet. Someone tell me something good about it.

I'm in Hungary right now. Had these beers last night. Liked the first 2. Hopus was best. Delirium Nocturnum not really my kind of stuff - taste of spice and molasses. Palm Royale was pretty simple stuff and the carbonation was like champagne. Didn't care much for it.HopusPater Markus PilsnerDelirium NocturnumPalm Royale
i happen to be a fan of the different delirium i've tried. love the belgians and germans. did you decide to head over to vienna?

But I bought a Flying Dog 12-pack today that has 3 Oyster Stouts :X in it. Haven't gotten to them yet. Someone tell me something good about it.
Is that their "Pearl Necklace"? :lmao: I love the irreverent names Flying Dog uses. Very good brewery imo. The oyster stout style name is more historical than anything - its really just a dry stout, similar to Guinness. They might throw a few handfuls of oysters into the brew kettle, and some breweries just use the name but don't actually use any oysters at all. At most, you might notice a slightly salty or "briney" background flavor in some oyster stouts.I pulled a very old old Bell's Third Coast ale out from the cellar to start tonight - in the mood for some high abv stuff.

I'm kind of pissed off at one of my favorite breweries tonight - Central Waters. Got 7 bottles of very off-tasting Peruvian Morning, and this is what I get from them trying to follow up on the famous recall they got so much good press over:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently: peruvian@centralwaters.comTechnical details of permanent failure:Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain centralwaters.com by aspmx.l.google.com. [173.194.76.26].The error that the other server returned was:550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at550 5.1.1 http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=6596 e3si316959qao.92 - gsmtp
Total radio silence the past year, then this. :finger:

Users who are viewing this thread