What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Wagering Thread: THERE HE IS!@! (6 Viewers)

Just wanted to give you guys a quick update on my sons high school hockey team, I know most of you probably don't care but

this is the only forum I really post to. Our team started the year 11-1 and then lost 4 of their last 6 regular season games.

They still managed the #2 seed in the state tournament with a 13-5 record. We lost to the 7th seeded team in the first round

of the double elimination tournament. We then disposed of the 6 seed, the 5 seed, the 4 seed and the 3 seed to make it all

the way to the Championship game(s) against Creighton Prep. To say that Prep is a hockey power in this state is an understatement.

They had won 45 of their last 46 games and gave up only 18 goals in 18 regular season games this year. We jumped out to a 3-0

lead on them in the first 5 minutes and held on for a 7-4 victory, scoring 2 shorthanded goals and 2 empty netters. Nobody had

scored more goals on them than 2 in any given game this year. I have 3 boys on the team, my 2 seniors and my 15 year old 8th

grader. Incredibly proud dad tonight. Hopefully they can get up for a second game after already pulling off a miracle on ice.

Last edited by a moderator:
'ChainsawU said:
I got Xav +4 in a small parlay with Tar Heels just for action. I'm trying to be content w bankroll until April after the epic UFC weekend.
Nice call! I'm all like forget SJax anyway. The preacher too.
SLU just ran out of gas. They used it all up getting into OT. Everything was coming up short in OT and the 6'1" Redford even blocked one of Jett's shots in the lane. Fading them off of that long bus ride last night paid off. That's the first time I ever got any real "inside info" fade material off of Twitter that actually worked.The loss drops them into a tie with VCU for first place in the A10 and they still have a chance to wrap up the conference title at home v La Salle on their "senior night" on Saturday afternoon. I can't make a line but would have no trouble backing SLU in that spot after tonight's loss. A whole lot of calls/no calls went Xavier's way tonight plus they will be on two days' rest.

'got_nugs said:
NBANets -9Hornets +2Spurs -8Tailing a guy I follow on Twitter. All to win 1/2 unit. Treading very lightly in the Association.
Dude it may hit but oof giving up 9 on the road w Brooklyn. Gl!
It HIT! Congrats bud! Brooklyn was down 43-53 at the half...before Charlotte scored 25 in the final 2 QUARTERS! Awesome
I think this was much more a bet AGAINST Charlotte than it was a bet on Brooklyn. Doesn't make up for my trainwreck 0-5 in CBB. Oh wells. Keep grinding.

Pucks tomorrow:Blue Jackets +155Penguins/Flyers O6 -105Habs -105Not sure I remember the last time a home team was +155 but the Blue Jackets play 60 minutes and have won two and a row, while the Canucks are sometimes rather apathetic.
Just glanced at tomorrow's schedule and that over was the first thing that jumped out at me. In.

Just wanted to give you guys a quick update on my sons high school hockey team, I know most of you probably don't care but this is the only forum I really post to. Our team started the year 11-1 and then lost 4 of their last 6 regular season games.They still managed the #2 seed in the state tournament with a 13-5 record. We lost to the 7th seeded team in the first roundof the double elimination tournament. We then disposed of the 6 seed, the 5 seed, the 4 seed and the 3 seed to make it all the way to the Championship game(s) against Creighton Prep. To say that Prep is a hockey power in this state is an understatement.They had won 45 of their last 46 games and gave up only 18 goals in 18 regular season games this year. We jumped out to a 3-0 lead on them in the first 5 minutes and held on for a 7-4 victory, scoring 2 shorthanded goals and 2 empty netters. Nobody hadscored more goals on them than 2 in any given game this year. I have 3 boys on the team, my 2 seniors and my 15 year old 8thgrader. Incredibly proud dad tonight. Hopefully they can get up for a second game after already pulling off a miracle on ice.
Awesome!I coach my sons peewee team and my 2 year old is already on skates...I can't wait to have night like that.

I don't know what's worse: Cal sucking tonight at home vs Stanford, not having the Pac-10 network so I could turn this crap off and watch USC-Washington instead, or having to listen to Bill Walton...

Early play for tomorrow:

Atlantic Sun: #6 E. Tenn. St. U. vs #3 Stetson -5.5 ... Ken Pomeroy ranks Stetson 29th in the nation in effective field goal percentage, and they are one of the few teams in the Conference capable of giving Mercer a game, along with Florida-Gulf Coast (congrats to you guys who won money on that - my 9-yr old stepson had the day off from school for no good reason after the snowstorm amounted to nothing, he was trying to pummel me and I missed getting that one in by less than a minute). If they win tomorrow night, the follow up game vs #2 Florida-Gulf Coast should be a beauty.

Good Luck!

I don't know what's worse: Cal sucking tonight at home vs Stanford, not having the Pac-10 network so I could turn this crap off and watch USC-Washington instead, or having to listen to Bill Walton...

Early play for tomorrow:

Atlantic Sun: #6 E. Tenn. St. U. vs #3 Stetson -5.5 ... Ken Pomeroy ranks Stetson 29th in the nation in effective field goal percentage, and they are one of the few teams in the Conference capable of giving Mercer a game, along with Florida-Gulf Coast (congrats to you guys who won money on that - my 9-yr old stepson had the day off from school for no good reason after the snowstorm amounted to nothing, he was trying to pummel me and I missed getting that one in by less than a minute). If they win tomorrow night, the follow up game vs #2 Florida-Gulf Coast should be a beauty.

Good Luck!
gawd. he's the absolute worst.

Anyone with higher limits at SB want to take action on SOG props, let me know. Still hitting at just under 70 percent I think.

Ref, keep me posted on your new book too please.

I don't know what's worse: Cal sucking tonight at home vs Stanford, not having the Pac-10 network so I could turn this crap off and watch USC-Washington instead, or having to listen to Bill Walton...Early play for tomorrow:Atlantic Sun: #6 E. Tenn. St. U. vs #3 Stetson -5.5 ... Ken Pomeroy ranks Stetson 29th in the nation in effective field goal percentage, and they are one of the few teams in the Conference capable of giving Mercer a game, along with Florida-Gulf Coast (congrats to you guys who won money on that - my 9-yr old stepson had the day off from school for no good reason after the snowstorm amounted to nothing, he was trying to pummel me and I missed getting that one in by less than a minute). If they win tomorrow night, the follow up game vs #2 Florida-Gulf Coast should be a beauty.Good Luck!
Adding #1 Charleston Southern (noon tip-off) giving 7.5 to #5 Winthrop in the 2nd Round of the Big South Tournament being played in Conway, SC...#5 Winthrop beat #4 Radford on Tuesday 60-58, Charleston Southern had a bye and opens tourney play tomorrow. Charleston Southern, High Point and Gardner-Webb are the class of the Conference. In the opening Round on Tuesday, 3 of the 4 games played led to minor upsets with Winthrop, and #6's Longwood and Liberty advancing. Longwood seems dangerous and might have a shot getting 8 vs VMI. I haven't seen spreads yet for #3 Campbell vs #2 Gardner-Webb or #5 Liberty vs #1 High Point, but it's likely I'll play both higher seeds unless something seems way out of whack. They should both coast.Haven't seen lines on tomorrow's OVC matchups either, but neither Morehead St. nor SE Missou apparently looked like anything special in winning tonight...Morehead State wouldn't have even been invited (OVC only includes the top 4 out of 6 from each of their two divisions) if Jacksonville State hadn't been ruled ineligible to participate. Both play again Thursday, and shouldn't put up much resistance vs Tennessee State and Eastern Kentucky respectively.Looking for a line in the WCC Tournament as well where Loyola-Marymount beat Portland tonight in what was essentially a play-in game and plays San Francisco Thursday; L-M had lost 14 straight conference games before winning tonight, and were 1-15 in Conference play. They really stink. The Dons are pretty average, and that might just get us a line that's reasonable enough to play. Dons should win in a walkover.

Just wanted to give you guys a quick update on my sons high school hockey team, I know most of you probably don't care but this is the only forum I really post to. Our team started the year 11-1 and then lost 4 of their last 6 regular season games.They still managed the #2 seed in the state tournament with a 13-5 record. We lost to the 7th seeded team in the first roundof the double elimination tournament. We then disposed of the 6 seed, the 5 seed, the 4 seed and the 3 seed to make it all the way to the Championship game(s) against Creighton Prep. To say that Prep is a hockey power in this state is an understatement.They had won 45 of their last 46 games and gave up only 18 goals in 18 regular season games this year. We jumped out to a 3-0 lead on them in the first 5 minutes and held on for a 7-4 victory, scoring 2 shorthanded goals and 2 empty netters. Nobody hadscored more goals on them than 2 in any given game this year. I have 3 boys on the team, my 2 seniors and my 15 year old 8thgrader. Incredibly proud dad tonight. Hopefully they can get up for a second game after already pulling off a miracle on ice.
How many SOG did they have or GTFO.

Outstanding Gussy. No problems coming on here and being a bragging proud papa. Kudos to your boys!! Nice call on the Spurs too, liked that one alot.

Small golf plays. I hope to be rolling better win percentages than 50% that i've started the season with. More familiar with upcoming tourneys too.

1st round plays

George costanza over Garrigus +110

Tiger -1/2 stroke over Rory -130

DJ even over Mahan

Ogilvy over Piercy -115

Tourney plays

Webbb over serge -120

Dj over Dufner -115

Rose over Schwarzel -115

Donald over Kuxchar -105

How many SOG did they have or GTFO.
I honestly don't even know what the total ended up after screaming my fool head off in the third period. We outshot them 15-11 in thefirst, I know that, and at one point it was 26-26. We were up 5-2 and they scored 2 goals within a minute to make it 5-4 with justover 4 minutes left. We took a stupid penalty and they had a power play and we scored a short handed goal on a break away. They pulledtheir goalie down 3 with maybe 2:25? left. We scored on a breakaway to make it 6-4. They left him out and we scored again with about:37 left or something for the final tally. The place was going crazy. You have to understand the hatred for Prep in this league. Partlybecause they ALWAYS win, but partly because their a bunch of spoiled little rich boy pricks and their parents think their better thaneveryone else. Everyone in that arena that wasn't affiliated with Prep was going nuts. Their that team that is so used to winning, andusually winning big that when a team hangs with them they resort to cheap shots. In our regular season game they goaded and goaded ourbest player. We were tied 2-2 in the 2nd, they finally got him in a fight, he got kicked out, we lost 5-2. I saw them play a group ofbantam all stars last year in an exhibition game and the little guys hung with them for two periods. You could just see them getting more and more pissed off. They wanted to take shots but they couldn't hit what they couldn't catch and the other guys were quite a bitsmaller and very good at avoiding the hits. Prep's MO is intimidation. Their not as good as they were last year, but defensively theirjust stellar. Problem is, kids see the jersey and think they are beat before they even take the ice.

Because I love day action:

Winthrop +8 (Winthrop won by 5 at home, lost by 8 on the road)

VMI -7.5 (VMI won by 14 at home, won by 33 on the road)

ETSU +5 (ETSU won by 1 on the road, Lost by 2 at home)

Campbell +8 (somehow didn’t play this year so taking the points)

And yes that's the extent of my research. Merely action plays while I sit at my desk.

RB has regular season props up including regular season team matchups base hit comparisons and HR comparisons; Have not done anything more than glance but saw:

Ike Davis -1 EV v. Teixeira :eek:

Will this wager count as Teixeira is starting the season on the DL? Took at look at RB rules and does not mention this as being a requirement.

RB has regular season props up including regular season team matchups base hit comparisons and HR comparisons; Have not done anything more than glance but saw:Ike Davis -1 EV v. Teixeira :eek:Will this wager count as Teixeira is starting the season on the DL?
It shouldn't count. Usually that's a disqualifier.

RB has regular season props up including regular season team matchups base hit comparisons and HR comparisons; Have not done anything more than glance but saw:

Ike Davis -1 EV v. Teixeira :eek:

Will this wager count as Teixeira is starting the season on the DL?
It shouldn't count. Usually that's a disqualifier.
That is what I figured as well, but figured I'd tap into the knowledge around here. Thanks and try not to be too upset your full figured gal hasn't gotten back to you. She's been busy ordering THIS for your first date.

Piercy my main to win bet at 70-1 and 50-1 to lead after round 1. and a few other long shots not worth mentioning. Tourny matchup playsLuke Donald (Tourn) -115* vs Adam Scott (Tourn) David Lynn (Tourn) -105* vs Jamie Donaldson (Tourn) Jason Day (Tourn) -115* vs Jason Dufner (Tourn) Charles Howell III (Tourn) +140* vs Jim Furyk (Tourn) and parlayed those with mcdowell over poulter
added Tiger Woods (Tourn) -120* vs Justin Rose (Tourn) Graeme McDowell (Tourn) -110* vs Ian Poulter (Tourn) Branden Grace (Tourn) +150* vs Zach Johnson (Tourn) Garrigus -115 vs Haas

RB has regular season props up including regular season team matchups base hit comparisons and HR comparisons; Have not done anything more than glance but saw:Ike Davis -1 EV v. Teixeira :eek:Will this wager count as Teixeira is starting the season on the DL? Took at look at RB rules and does not mention this as being a requirement.
All it says is "Both players must start regular season on active roster"If he is on the DL, he is not on the active roster... right?

Congrats, Winthrop backers. Half an f'ing point. Damn it. Wasn't a big play, but always like to get a potential heavy-action day off to a good start.

Next up, Stetson, holding at -5.5, for slightly more than 1u.

Just got a line on Campbell v Gardner-Webb -8. Looks a little steep, but I don't think the Fighting Camels are going to have much fight in them after needing overtime to beat Presbyterian on Tuesday night to advance. Tashan Newsome and the Runnin' Bulldogs stay hot (they've won 7 in a row and 10 out of 11)...G-W -8, for the minimum.

Just seeing some of these lines I was waiting for...

Big South Tournament, 8:30 tip-off: #5 Liberty v #1 High Point -3.5...Unless there's something I don't know, which is certainly as likely as not, High Point looks like a bargain here, as most folks in high places think they're going to win this Tournament and get the Auto-bid. Count me in for 1u now, maybe more later.

More to follow. Good Luck!

Because I love day action:Winthrop +8 (Winthrop won by 5 at home, lost by 8 on the road)VMI -7.5 (VMI won by 14 at home, won by 33 on the road)ETSU +5 (ETSU won by 1 on the road, Lost by 2 at home)Campbell +8 (somehow didn’t play this year so taking the points)And yes that's the extent of my research. Merely action plays while I sit at my desk.
AddsColorado -3.5Michigan State -4.5Butler +1.5

Congrats, Winthrop backers. Half an f'ing point. Damn it. Wasn't a big play, but always like to get a potential heavy-action day off to a good start.Next up, Stetson, holding at -5.5, for slightly more than 1u.Just got a line on Campbell v Gardner-Webb -8. Looks a little steep, but I don't think the Fighting Camels are going to have much fight in them after needing overtime to beat Presbyterian on Tuesday night to advance. Tashan Newsome and the Runnin' Bulldogs stay hot (they've won 7 in a row and 10 out of 11)...G-W -8, for the minimum.Just seeing some of these lines I was waiting for...Big South Tournament, 8:30 tip-off: #5 Liberty v #1 High Point -3.5...Unless there's something I don't know, which is certainly as likely as not, High Point looks like a bargain here, as most folks in high places think they're going to win this Tournament and get the Auto-bid. Count me in for 1u now, maybe more later.More to follow. Good Luck!
FYI on High Point - I was in here yesterday recommending a play on High Point to win the tournament at +550 and someone much smarter than me pointed out that their leading scorer is hurt and out for the year.

Congrats, Winthrop backers. Half an f'ing point. Damn it. Wasn't a big play, but always like to get a potential heavy-action day off to a good start.Next up, Stetson, holding at -5.5, for slightly more than 1u.Just got a line on Campbell v Gardner-Webb -8. Looks a little steep, but I don't think the Fighting Camels are going to have much fight in them after needing overtime to beat Presbyterian on Tuesday night to advance. Tashan Newsome and the Runnin' Bulldogs stay hot (they've won 7 in a row and 10 out of 11)...G-W -8, for the minimum.Just seeing some of these lines I was waiting for...Big South Tournament, 8:30 tip-off: #5 Liberty v #1 High Point -3.5...Unless there's something I don't know, which is certainly as likely as not, High Point looks like a bargain here, as most folks in high places think they're going to win this Tournament and get the Auto-bid. Count me in for 1u now, maybe more later.More to follow. Good Luck!
FYI on High Point - I was in here yesterday recommending a play on High Point to win the tournament at +550 and someone much smarter than me pointed out that their leading scorer is hurt and out for the year.
Valid heads up, Frosty. On the flipside, you're referring to Freshman phenom John Brown, who cracked up his ankle on February 27 in a home loss to Radford, which followed a home loss to an upper level MEAC Morgan State squad. High Point finished out the Season on a positive note, squeaking by Campbell at home 63-62. Those 2 home losses, that injury and the squeaker win vs Campbell has already taken it's hit on High Point's stock, I think. High Point's true leader/best player is actually Senior F Allan Chaney, who transferred from Va Tech. Don't get me wrong, the loss of John Brown hurts, but I don't think it affects today's game with Liberty. I think it's factored into the line. During the Campbell game on Saturday , apparently (I'm relating 2nd-hand here), High Point was down by 9, heading for 3rd loss in a row, and they came out of the locker room and looked like a different team, one ready to move on from the loss of Brown. Chaney is a beast, and is very motivated to go to the NCAA's. He's the kind of player who can put a Team on his back and will them to win. They could stumble against a higher-caliber Team like G-W or Char-Southern, but vs Liberty, I just can't imagine it.

Got a little tennis for your DEGENS:

BNP Paribas Open:

Hanescu +375 over Kevin Anderson (small bet)

Melzer -130 over Zverev

Lukas Rosol +140 over Lleyton Hewitt

No major events aren't really my strong suit but I'm going to give them a go.

Valid heads up, Frosty. On the flipside, you're referring to Freshman phenom John Brown, who cracked up his ankle on February 27 in a home loss to Radford, which followed a home loss to an upper level MEAC Morgan State squad. High Point finished out the Season on a positive note, squeaking by Campbell at home 63-62. Those 2 home losses, that injury and the squeaker win vs Campbell has already taken it's hit on High Point's stock, I think. High Point's true leader/best player is actually Senior F Allan Chaney, who transferred from Va Tech. Don't get me wrong, the loss of John Brown hurts, but I don't think it affects today's game with Liberty. I think it's factored into the line. During the Campbell game on Saturday , apparently (I'm relating 2nd-hand here), High Point was down by 9, heading for 3rd loss in a row, and they came out of the locker room and looked like a different team, one ready to move on from the loss of Brown. Chaney is a beast, and is very motivated to go to the NCAA's. He's the kind of player who can put a Team on his back and will them to win. They could stumble against a higher-caliber Team like G-W or Char-Southern, but vs Liberty, I just can't imagine it.
Sold. tailing.

Ohio Valley: Just saw the line on #5 Morehead State v #4 Tennessee State -3, and I am all over that. Tennessee State is favored by many to win this Tournament as a dark horse. Belmont has Ian Clark and Murray State has Isaiah Canaan, but State's Robert Covington is quite possibly the third-best player in the Conference, and those 3 are quite a bit better than the rest of the field. A hallmark of OVC Play is the outside shot, and Tennessee State has killed it all season defending the 3. As I said previously, Morehead played last night, didn't look special and wouldn't even be here if it weren't for the sanctions on Jacksonville St...

Small play on Eastern Kentucky over SE Missou, who also played last night. Pomeroy's adjusted offensive efficiency rankings have Eastern Ky at 52. For an OVC Team, that's stratospheric. EKy -7, In, small.

Users who are viewing this thread