What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2013 Off Season Dynasty Trade Thread (for completed trades) (2 Viewers)

Terrible deal in our non ppr league, I wasn't involved but wish I was

team A gave

Julio Jones

Fleener

Seattle

team B gave

D.Richardson

T. Smith

M. Bennett

Bears

2014 1st

Terrible deal in our non ppr league, I wasn't involved but wish I wasteam A gaveJulio JonesFleener Seattle1.12team B gaveD.RichardsonT. SmithM. Bennett Bears1.061.092014 1st
I love that the guy giving Julio had to give up the 1.12 as well...because you know Julio and Fleener just wasn't enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
Terrible deal in our non ppr league, I wasn't involved but wish I wasteam A gaveJulio JonesFleener Seattle1.12team B gaveD.RichardsonT. SmithM. Bennett Bears1.061.092014 1st
I love that the guy giving Julio and to give up the 1.12 as well...because you know Julio and Fleener just wasn't enough.
Team A loves trading, he dealt me Harvin yesterday, but I never get the dream deals like this off him.

12 team ppr leagues

qb/rb/rb/wr/wr/wr/flex/te

Multiple different leagues ; all fairly recent.

Team A: Tony Gonzales

Team B: 3.03

Team A: Matt Schaub

Team B: 3.08

Team A: Victor Cruz

Team B: 1.03 & 1.07

Team A: Percy Harvin

Team B: 1.12, 2.09, 2014 1st, 2nd, & 3rd

Team A: Drew Brees

Team B: 2014 1st

Team A: 1.03

Team B: Lamar Miller, Ronnie Hillman, 2.09

Team A: Matt Schaub, 2.07, 3.07, 2014 1st

Team B: Joe Flacco, Vick Ballard, Jon Baldwin, Titus Young

Team A: Andy Dalton, Arian Foster, Ben Tate

Team B: Daryl Richardson, Dez Bryant

Team A: Jammal Charles, Dwayne Bowe

Team B: 1.01, Lamar Miller

Team A: Lesean Mccoy, Calvin Johnson, Sidney Rice, Torrey Smith

Team B: Rob Gronkowski, David Wilson, Randall Cobb, 1.06, 2.06

12 team PPR; 2rb, 3wr, TE, flex

Give: Decker, Reggie Bush, pick 1.10

Get: Alf Morris, pick 3.06

Still have Cruz, Roddy, Garçon, Amendola at WR (and plan to flex TE Hernandez)

RBs are now Gore, Morris, Bryce Brown

12 team PPR; 2rb, 3wr, TE, flexGive: Decker, Reggie Bush, pick 1.10Get: Alf Morris, pick 3.06Still have Cruz, Roddy, Garçon, Amendola at WR (and plan to flex TE Hernandez)RBs are now Gore, Morris, Bryce Brown
Love the Decker/Bush/Pick side especially if Reggie inks in Detroit.

'cstu said:
'dewmass said:
I love that the guy giving Julio had to give up the 1.12 as well...because you know Julio and Fleener just wasn't enough.
If the '14 1st is early it may not end up being that bad, but we'll have to wait on that one lol.

'doombringer said:
Team A: Lesean Mccoy, Calvin Johnson, Sidney Rice, Torrey SmithTeam B: Rob Gronkowski, David Wilson, Randall Cobb, 1.06, 2.06
Big balls swinging
Ill take McCoy and Calvin
Me too, but it's pretty close. I think Gronk is closer in value to Calvin than most. But McCoy is the only RB under 25 with two top 3 seasons under his belt (3 top 10), and I'd feel better with him, than I would with Wilson. You lose value giving Cobb for Smith, but both have potential and flaws. I think Calvin over Gronk and McCoy over Wilson is enough to offest the value losses elsewhere.

'doombringer said:
12 team ppr leagues

Another two or three of those shared were marginal\questionable .... but these two are ridiculously bad. WAY too much for Harvin ... someone bought in to the hype.

And who in their right mind gives up Charles AND Bowe for Miller and this year's 1.01? There is no clear cut stud in this year's rookie class to justify a top five RB (especially in PPR) and a WR like Bowe ... arguably top ten\fifteen?

Ugh.

'doombringer said:
12 team ppr leagues

Another two or three of those shared were marginal\questionable .... but these two are ridiculously bad. WAY too much for Harvin ... someone bought in to the hype.

And who in their right mind gives up Charles AND Bowe for Miller and this year's 1.01? There is no clear cut stud in this year's rookie class to justify a top five RB (especially in PPR) and a WR like Bowe ... arguably top ten\fifteen?

Ugh.
Charles/Bowe by a mile; but I actually prefer Harvin by a long-shot over that mix of marginal picks.

'doombringer said:
12 team ppr leagues

Ugh.
Charles/Bowe by a mile; but I actually prefer Harvin by a long-shot over that mix of marginal picks.
The Harvin Deal is great for the guy getting Harvin. What is a 2nd or 3rd rounder other than a toss in? 2.1 or 2.2 maybe, after that really, and i get it, value is what it is, but after the mid 2nd it really is a crapshoot of guys you personally like. No one bats 1000% either. I just wish i had known he was on the market for those pennies.

Maybe i am the bad FF'er because i did the Miller and 1.01 trade for my Charles and Bowe. I am always one who believes fortune favors the bold. We all know who Jammal is, a very good ppr back who is will be 27 at midseason, with the addition of Mr. Ried he is not a question mark but more of an unknown on what to expect. I wish i could have kept him. Bowe was my wr5, and think he is a worth about a 1.5 at best. I won the league last year but my rbs are junk and i see the cliff. Im not even saying i believe in Miller but what i am saying is you would be foolish to not recognize the oppurtunity. lesser backs have thrived. The 1.01 will be lacy and while you say junky top of the draft, i say no one knows yet. It ended up being lopsided due to needs, lack of exciting rbs available from other owners (sry i dont want a 1 year lone of oldmen or the weakling ryan matthews, mcfadden), and the hotbed of wrs ive accumulated. Its a luxury trade. I get 2 rbs who will be given a shot and are young. Puttin this out there for others on the fence with similar angles or thoughts. Sometimes you have to lose to win. I knew current market i was losing but i dont think jammal can increase in value and i know dwayne can't. Will miller/lacy outpreform charles/bowe this year? Probably not. Am i almost certain in two years if i wanted to i could swap back? Without a doubt if either guy plays football correct. Ive seen guys plummet and increase in moments. Be first not last. I really am trying not to be defensive either, i know i lost the trade today. Really just sharing thoughts the best i know how.

'doombringer said:
12 team ppr leagues

Ugh.
Interesting that you think the Harvin/picks trade is disgustingly unbalanced in favor of the side getting picks. I think most people would not only disagree with that, but actually think it's heavily unbalanced in favor of the side getting Harvin.On the second trade I'd prefer the Charles/Bowe side but I don't think it's crazy out of whack or anything.

'doombringer said:
12 team ppr leagues

Ugh.
I would pay that for Harvin.

'doombringer said:
12 team ppr leagues

Ugh.
:confused:

'doombringer said:
12 team ppr leagues

Ugh.
Agreed.Bowe has potential, but he is likely just a solid fantasy WR. There are lots of solid fantasy WRs. But getting him in addition to Charles is too much. I don't hate the Miller/1.01 side, there is a lot of potential there, but paying top dollar right now is too speculative to be giving up a blue chipper in Charles.

The Harvin trade is easy, Harvin wins. There is no "hype" involved here, Percy is a known quantity with a very good track record. Easy trade.

'doombringer said:
12 team ppr leagues

Ugh.
:confused:
Agree with the confusion on that one. I've just paid much more than that to acquire Harvin. Guess I've bough into the hype too, but I'm very happy to do so and I would be even moreso at the above price

Maybe i am the bad FF'er because i did the Miller and 1.01 trade for my Charles and Bowe.
I'd take the Charles/Bowe side but I don't think that deal was as bad as some are saying.
I think Charles is worth Lacy + Miller, and I am a big Lacy guy. Losing Bowe's value on top of that is a big hit. Haven't looked at ADP data in the last few weeks, but it was:Charles: 1.10-2.2Bowe: 5th-6th1.01/Lacy: 4thMiller: 5th-6thIn that context, it's bad. As someone that owns Lacy all over, I hope he ends up being as valuable as Charles soon. It could work out for both sides; Doug Martin was Eddie Lacy, value wise, last year, and he's likely worth Charles + Bowe. We'll see, but market value wise, it's pretty bad. Nothing personal, of course, and I hope it works out for the guy.

14 team ppr with dev players. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 4 WR/TE. 1 PPR for WR/TE. 1.5 PPR for TE.

Gave:

TE Dennis Pitta

1.05 dev pick

Get:

TE Tyler Eifert

1.10 dev pick

1.11 dev pick

Notable devs already rostered: Dyer, Yeldon, Green-Beckham, Lee, Oliver, Watkins

12 team ppr leagues

Ugh.
Agree with you on both. Would take the Harvin side and the Charles side easily.

12 team PPR; 2rb, 3wr, TE, flexGive: Decker, Reggie Bush, pick 1.10Get: Alf Morris, pick 3.06Still have Cruz, Roddy, Garçon, Amendola at WR (and plan to flex TE Hernandez)RBs are now Gore, Morris, Bryce Brown
Decker side
Does this look better or worse after Bush, Welker signings?
When I first looked at it, I expected Bush to sign in DET or a like situation. So, in that regard, I think the deal is better for you than I did at the time. Decker's value took a hit, in my opinion. I think the deal could work out for you, and would have considered making it, considering your other WR options. I'm pretty high on Morris.

Maybe i am the bad FF'er because i did the Miller and 1.01 trade for my Charles and Bowe.
I'd take the Charles/Bowe side but I don't think that deal was as bad as some are saying.
I think Charles is worth Lacy + Miller, and I am a big Lacy guy. Losing Bowe's value on top of that is a big hit. Haven't looked at ADP data in the last few weeks, but it was:Charles: 1.10-2.2Bowe: 5th-6th1.01/Lacy: 4thMiller: 5th-6thIn that context, it's bad. As someone that owns Lacy all over, I hope he ends up being as valuable as Charles soon. It could work out for both sides; Doug Martin was Eddie Lacy, value wise, last year, and he's likely worth Charles + Bowe. We'll see, but market value wise, it's pretty bad. Nothing personal, of course, and I hope it works out for the guy.
Great analysis. Whenever there are really young guys and/or early draft picks involved, it is a trade either side could end up winning. In terms of current value though, I do think Miller and Bowe are pretty close. So you are basically giving up Charles for the 1.01 which could work out, but is giving up a lot of current value.

Decker side
Does this look better or worse after Bush, Welker signings?
When I first looked at it, I expected Bush to sign in DET or a like situation. So, in that regard, I think the deal is better for you than I did at the time. Decker's value took a hit, in my opinion. I think the deal could work out for you, and would have considered making it, considering your other WR options. I'm pretty high on Morris.
Yeah, I knew it was an overpay at the time. I think Welker signing brings it closer to fair value.

Start 1qb/2rb/3wr/1te/flex(any)/idp Ppr

Traded D. Richardson for 2014 1st.

Guessing it'll be mid to early. Team finished 4th to last in points for last year but is doing a nice job rebuilding so o expect him to be around middle of pack.

Already have Rice/Trich/Charles/Jstew so D. Rich was expendable. Got three people inquiring about him today and took the best offer.

It was EBF who I know is a big Shorts fan, he's got strong WRs on his roster and I guess felt like he took afford to take the risk on Cecil.

12 team PPR start 1/2/2/1 and a flexGave Cecil shortsReceivedJordy Nelson
Wow. Jordy by a TON
Yeah, yikes, someone must of worried about Jennings coming back big time to move Nelson for that price.
Obviously not good value for Nelson... BUT, I actually think Shorts could be a better WR than him (worse situation for sure). I wouldn't do it but I do think Shorts is legit if he stays healthy.

12 team PPR start 1/2/2/1 and a flexGave Cecil shortsReceivedJordy Nelson
Wow. Jordy by a TON
Yeah, yikes, someone must of worried about Jennings coming back big time to move Nelson for that price.
Obviously not good value for Nelson... BUT, I actually think Shorts could be a better WR than him (worse situation for sure). I wouldn't do it but I do think Shorts is legit if he stays healthy.
Agree re Shorts, I didn't want to give him up but I like the rest of my roster to make a run and think Nelson helps me do that.

14 Team PPR

Team A Gave: Maclin

Team B Gave: 1.7, Criner

Team C Gave: Michael Floyd, 1.3

Team D Gave: Russell Wilson

Team E Gave: Fred Davis

Team F Gave: 2.10

14 Team PPRTeam A Gave: MaclinTeam B Gave: 1.7, CrinerTeam C Gave: Michael Floyd, 1.3Team D Gave: Russell WilsonTeam E Gave: Fred DavisTeam F Gave: 2.10
MaclinEven. I'd prefer Floyd and the pick although I'd understand if you need a qbToss up. Time will tell

Most uneven trade I have ever seen, and should be vetoed if it did not involve the commish.

[*]SOGGY WAFFLES gave up Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB;Woodhead, Danny NEP RB;Moss, Santana WAS WR;Gates, Antonio SDC TE

[*]Taint Meat Strips gave up Newton, Cam CAR QB;James, LaMichael SFO RB;Wallace, Mike MIA WR;Witten, Jason DAL TE; Year 2013 Draft Pick 2.04

Users who are viewing this thread