What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official MLB 2013 Season Thread (4 Viewers)

They sent Molina to have Loney set up again in the next inning.

That whole sentence would seem insane 6 months ago.

Not on top of Rays bullpen happenings, but how isn't there a LHP ready to go for Chisenall/Bourn if the leadoff hitter (ETA to add: Or Gomes) gets on?

Last edited by a moderator:
Swisher bringing back memories of his last few postseasons in pinstripes.

You could send a toddler up to the plate and he'd have a better chance of getting a hit.

Oh well. The #1 objective is to get rid of the Red Sox, and I suppose Tampa is better equipped to do that than Cleveland.

Beej Upton vs. Kershaw should just be an automatic out. Like they don't even have to play it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beej Upton vs. Kershaw should just be an automatic out. Like they don't even have to play it.
Watching the Rays the other night, I glanced at the TV when Jennings came up to bat, and my mind thought it was Upton for a split second.

That was such a happy split second.

Reds firing Dusty isn't that surprising to me.
Maybe not, but be careful what you wish for Reds. Hasn't he made the playoffs everywhere he's managed? How did his teams do before he arrived (honest question - I don't know)?
Dusty joined the Giants along with Barry Bonds, the Cubs during Mark Prior's first full season and the Reds during Votto's rookie season.

I've defended Baker on this board a lot because I think he generally does a good job with the man management parts of the job, but he's been fortunate to fall into three situations at fortuitous times.

He leaves the game (for now) with 1671 wins and 167 games over .500. He's had a good run.

Reds firing Dusty isn't that surprising to me.
Maybe not, but be careful what you wish for Reds. Hasn't he made the playoffs everywhere he's managed? How did his teams do before he arrived (honest question - I don't know)?
Dusty joined the Giants along with Barry Bonds, the Cubs during Mark Prior's first full season and the Reds during Votto's rookie season.

I've defended Baker on this board a lot because I think he generally does a good job with the man management parts of the job, but he's been fortunate to fall into three situations at fortuitous times.

He leaves the game (for now) with 1671 wins and 167 games over .500. He's had a good run.
I heard on the radio he is 0-9 in elimination games

I had no idea that ESPN had also put Rachel Nichols out to pasture. They sure turn over their nookie girls quickly these days.

Honestly, I have no idea how good Baker was as a manager. But, if he was just plain lucky in all 3 stops, I'd think at least 15 teams would want to see if he could get lucky a 4th time.

Is there a way the Dodgers can win this series in 2 games so we won't have to watch the BORING-ASS Braves much longer?
Minor and Teheran are about to throw back to back gems. Stay tuned.
:goodposting:
I didn't say they were bad. I said they were boring. And they still are.
Outside of Puig and Kershaw, what's intetesting about the Dodgers?

Uribe? Schumaker?

Is there a way the Dodgers can win this series in 2 games so we won't have to watch the BORING-ASS Braves much longer?

Uribe? Schumaker?
:confused:

Gonzo? Hanley? Zack?

Uribe? Schumaker?
They have a white guy named Andre

Outside of Puig and Kershaw, what's intetesting about the Dodgers?Uribe? Schumaker?

Gonzo? Hanley? Zack?
I'll give you Hanley. Gonzo and Zack aren't interesting. In fact, Gonzo seems like a run of the mill schmuck.

Outside of Puig and Kershaw, what's intetesting about the Dodgers?Uribe? Schumaker?

Gonzo? Hanley? Zack?
I'll give you Hanley. Gonzo and Zack aren't interesting. In fact, Gonzo seems like a run of the mill schmuck.
Greinke is pretty interesting. Belisario is an interesting bullpen arm as is Kenley Jansen. If Brian Wilson isn't interesting, it sure isn't from lack of trying.

Users who are viewing this thread