What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official MLB 2013 Season Thread (1 Viewer)

Is there a way the Dodgers can win this series in 2 games so we won't have to watch the BORING-ASS Braves much longer?
Minor and Teheran are about to throw back to back gems. Stay tuned.
:goodposting:
I didn't say they were bad. I said they were boring. And they still are.
Outside of Puig and Kershaw, what's intetesting about the Dodgers?Uribe? Schumaker?
:confused:

Gonzo? Hanley? Zack?
I'll give you Hanley. Gonzo and Zack aren't interesting. In fact, Gonzo seems like a run of the mill schmuck.
Greinke is pretty interesting. Belisario is an interesting bullpen arm as is Kenley Jansen. If Brian Wilson isn't interesting, it sure isn't from lack of trying.
I'm over the Brian Wilson thing.

Though he looked great last night and I'm not fired up about the prospect of the Braves needing to score run on him.

I really just don't get what Selig's trying to accomplish.

He goes on Lupica this morning. Lupica casts his bait, asking Selig if it bothers him that so many fans think they looked the other way during the steroid era. Of course, Selig goes through a 20 year timeline defending MLB's actions trying to fight the MLBPA getting a strong policy in place.

Um, Selig, you've got a pretty exciting postseason going on right now.

A smart commish says, "Lupica, I appreciate the question and I'd love to talk about that sometime, but I'd rather talk about the kid with 10 MLB starts under his belt going toe to toe with a former MVP in a game that ended with walk-off hit from another rookie"

Or maybe try to swing a couple eyeballs away from Peyton Manning towards the Pirates trying to take 2-1 lead in the NLDS later today.

I couldn't sleep this morning, so I watched this thing on Showtime called Knuckleball! One of the best baseball docs I've ever seen. Interviews, game clips and behind the scenes stuff with R.A. Dickey, Tim Wakefield, Charlie Hough, Phil Neikro and others. Really well done. If you have some time to spare, I highly recommend checking it out.

You can stream it HERE

Raider Nation said:
I couldn't sleep this morning, so I watched this thing on Showtime called Knuckleball! One of the best baseball docs I've ever seen. Interviews, game clips and behind the scenes stuff with R.A. Dickey, Tim Wakefield, Charlie Hough, Phil Neikro and others. Really well done. If you have some time to spare, I highly recommend checking it out.

You can stream it HERE
Will have to watch this. Fond memories of one of my Babe Ruth coaches teaching me to throw one when I was 13. Guy was like 80 years old an a janitor at the High School, but just bled baseball.

Raider Nation said:

You can stream it HERE
Will have to watch this. Fond memories of one of my Babe Ruth coaches teaching me to throw one when I was 13. Guy was like 80 years old an a janitor at the High School, but just bled baseball.
The thing that struck me the most is that these are all really good guys. Not sure if you have to be a humanitarian in order to be a knuckleballer, but it sure did work out that way. Also, a guy I played softball with threw a perfect knuckler -- no spin at all, but it was just way slower than these guys throw it. He tried to teach me and I just never got it.

Oh dear. Now we have to hope LAD keeps Ryu in the game a little while longer.

Crap. Nevermind that plan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Freddy Garcia isn't still pitching in the big leagues is he? :lmao:
1.65 ERA this year since being traded to the NL.
Man I honestly thought he retired a few years ago. Guess I don't watch many non-Rays games.
He's been on AL East teams for the past three years :shrug:
I couldn't name 2 of Baltimore's starting pitchers. :shrug:

I see he pitched for the Yanks 2011-12 but I definitely don't remember seeing him.

Man I honestly thought he retired a few years ago. Guess I don't watch many non-Rays games.
Rays play them 19 times a year, right?

Yea I guess.

:lol:

And that's why you don't overuse an arm like Johnny Venters. The Braves ruined him with overuse early in his career. They could have really used him in the 8th.

And that's why you don't overuse an arm like Johnny Venters. The Braves ruined him with overuse early in his career. They could have really used him in the 8th.
:confused:

David Carpenter had a better year this year than Venter has ever had.

Sometimes you just lose

Users who are viewing this thread