What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** 13/14 Off-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (2 Viewers)

12 team PPR

Team A got: Andy Dalton, CJ Spiller and Anquan Boldin

Team B got: Matt Schaub, Josh McNown, Latavius Murray, 1.6 and 2.6
Prefer Spiller side, but not a bad trade if the owner giving Spiller is rebuilding.
Team trading Spiller owns 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.10, 1.12, 2.2, 2.5 and 2.6
So he took Schaub and McCown to cut them to make room for picks?

I still think he should have gotten more for Spiller even in his massive rebuild

12 team PPR

Team A got: Andy Dalton, CJ Spiller and Anquan Boldin

Team B got: Matt Schaub, Josh McNown, Latavius Murray, 1.6 and 2.6
Prefer Spiller side, but not a bad trade if the owner giving Spiller is rebuilding.
Has spiller really fallen this far? If so I'll try buying in my leagues. I'll take spiller side easily. I'd take spiller alone easily
I doubt it - trade looks like an outlier to me.

Has spiller really fallen this far? If so I'll try buying in my leagues. I'll take spiller side easily. I'd take spiller alone easily

Agree. Not sure any of my leagues would see a Spiller for pick 6 deal.

Probably fairly close. I offered Spiller for pick #2 and then for #3 and both were rejected quickly with no interest.

I guess it all depends on who owns the picks but Spiller going for a pick in the 4-7 range seems where his realistic range is.

Probably fairly close. I offered Spiller for pick #2 and then for #3 and both were rejected quickly with no interest.

I guess it all depends on who owns the picks but Spiller going for a pick in the 4-7 range seems where his realistic range is.
Crazytown.

Crazytown.
Of course every league is different. What pick would you value Spiller at?

If you're offering Spiller to rebuilding teams for their draft picks--yeah, his value's likely in the 4-6 range. But if you're trying to get good value for a 27 YO (when season starts) RB, and those are your trading partners, you're doing it wrong.

I don't think it's wise to move Spiller now. At the very least, wait until after week one. Owners see one good, healthy game and they get over their fears.

If you're offering Spiller to rebuilding teams for their draft picks--yeah, his value's likely in the 4-6 range. But if you're trying to get good value for a 27 YO (when season starts) RB, and those are your trading partners, you're doing it wrong.

I don't think it's wise to move Spiller now. At the very least, wait until after week one. Owners see one good, healthy game and they get over their fears.
I agree with you, i'm just referencing what his current market value is based on my experiences. I own him in both my dynasties but am rebuilding in one (not deep end) so was shopping him. He's a hold based on what the current market is for him.

Quick question, in our Gronk deal you would have added one of the 2015 1sts you own with Torrey/Reed right? i got caught up and made a rash move. congrats on taking me to the cleaners.

Crazytown.
1.02 would get me to consider, and probably choose Spiller. If I had 1.01 I'd probably cover my ears and hope that one of these mediocre RBs gets into a great situation.

Crazytown.
1.02 would get me to consider, and probably choose Spiller. If I had 1.01 I'd probably cover my ears and hope that one of these mediocre RBs gets into a great situation.
I own Spiller and I don't think I could let him go for 1.02. 1.01 would make me think but I have no idea if I would take it or not.

Quick question, in our Gronk deal you would have added one of the 2015 1sts you own with Torrey/Reed right? i got caught up and made a rash move. congrats on taking me to the cleaners.
I would have, but, again, I'm one of the 2 or 3 biggest Gronk fans you'll find. That said, I'm likely the biggest Reed fan you'll find, too.

Obviously, I like the value that I got. But you got more than what you paid for him, at the very least. If Reed can stay healthy, and is as good as I think he is--Hernandez level--I think we'll both be happy.

Crazytown.
I own Spiller and I don't think I could let him go for 1.02. 1.01 would make me think but I have no idea if I would take it or not.
He's probably worth that. I'm just someone who thinks what the market will pay is what a player is worth. The key is to take advantage of inconsistencies in the market.

I would have, but, again, I'm one of the 2 or 3 biggest Gronk fans you'll find. That said, I'm likely the biggest Reed fan you'll find, too.

Obviously, I like the value that I got. But you got more than what you paid for him, at the very least. If Reed can stay healthy, and is as good as I think he is--Hernandez level--I think we'll both be happy.
yeah, my regret really isn't that i sold him, it's that i wasn't thinking and didn't maximize what i could have gotten.

Small trade, 12 team ppr

gave up: Davis, Knile KCC RB

got: Pierce, Bernard BAL RB

Other team had Jamaal Charles and wanted his handcuff

Small trade, 12 team ppr

Pierce by quite a bit for me. I don't see Davis as more than a backup long term. Pierce looks more like a potential future starter IMO.

Small trade, 12 team ppr

Pierce by quite a bit for me. I don't see Davis as more than a backup long term. Pierce looks more like a potential future starter IMO.
I own Charles and Pierce and there's no way I'd do that.ETA: I actually owned Davis and traded him away

Last edited by a moderator:
Small trade, 12 team ppr

Davis looked pretty good to me and closed the season with back to back 20+ point fantasy games, which as far as I know I don't think Pierce has done once yet. I think it's a very good trade for the Charles owner myself. I think Knile did enough to establish himself as the clear cut backup and as I mentioned and he showed that in this offense he can produce if Charles is not playing. Considering Charles increased workload securing his backup is huge. Barring an injury to both players at the same time this owner has a starting RB capable of putting up top 10+ type numbers every week the Chiefs play.

menobrown said:
Coeur de Lion said:
garlicduck said:
Small trade, 12 team ppr

Davis looked pretty good to me and closed the season with back to back 20+ point fantasy games, which as far as I know I don't think Pierce has done once yet. I think it's a very good trade for the Charles owner myself. I think Knile did enough to establish himself as the clear cut backup and as I mentioned and he showed that in this offense he can produce if Charles is not playing. Considering Charles increased workload securing his backup is huge. Barring an injury to both players at the same time this owner has a starting RB capable of putting up top 10+ type numbers every week the Chiefs play.
He got some opportunity based TDs while looking mostly average at best. He has none of Charles electric speed or quickness -- and would not have any chance at stepping in and putting up RB1 #s if Charles got hurt. Davis put up 3.5 YPC and caught 11 passes all year -- he's JAG.

menobrown said:
Coeur de Lion said:
garlicduck said:
Small trade, 12 team ppr

He got some opportunity based TDs while looking mostly average at best. He has none of Charles electric speed or quickness -- and would not have any chance at stepping in and putting up RB1 #s if Charles got hurt. Davis put up 3.5 YPC and caught 11 passes all year -- he's JAG.
He produced. Part of his ability to score those TD's is he's strong as most OL. He's not as quick as Charles and takes more time to gain his speed but his straight line speed is every bit in the neighborhood as Charels.

He only caught 11 passes because he barely was playing at times they were passing. He caught 9 passes in the two games he had to serve as the primary back. That's consistent pass catching that offense would provide any RB getting the lions share of the playing time.

I think using YPC is lazy and an ineffective way to measure a RB's performance but if you want to go there Pierce is the proud owner of a 2.9 YPC last year. I'll take Knile's 3.5 thanks.

Knile already showed he can put up RB1 numbers when Charles is out but you are welcome to opine he can't.

Reid has done fine with replacement RBs like Buckhalter, Bryce Brown. I think he would produce fantasy stats if given a time to start.

Philosophically I think we should treat Knile as a must handcuff/elite handcuff, and we should treat Pierce as a future starter, which is the reason for a significant difference in value.

That said I don't view Pierce's short term situation to be favorable.

Philosophically I think we should treat Knile as a must handcuff/elite handcuff, and we should treat Pierce as a future starter, which is the reason for a significant difference in value.
I pretty much agree with that philosophy. Only exception I might make is I think Knile should not be dismissed as a potential future starter. The big exception is barring injury to Charles he has no shot until 2016 at best.

Reid has done fine with replacement RBs like Buckhalter, Bryce Brown. I think he would produce fantasy stats if given a time to start.

Davis isn't a bad handcuff -- my position is that he isn't talented enough to sustain top-10 RB numbers over a long period of time should Charles get hurt. Davis is a straight-linish size / speec guy that is very limited laterally. I don't see him as someone capable of stepping right in to Charles' role at all, particularly in the passing game.

12 Team PPR devy league.

Gave Ty Hilton

Got 1.4

Watkins, Evans, Carey, Matthews, Lee, Seastrunk, Amaro, Sankey, Moncrief, Ebron are already rostered.

I have Julio, Josh Gordon, Harvin, Sammy Watkins, Goodwin and Boyce at WR. I also have the 1.1 and the top guy on my board at this stage is another WR. So I feel pretty comfortable trading Hilton and think there are around half a dozen guys still available in the draft I'd rather take a chance on over Hilton.

Also

Gave: Jordan Reed

Got: Austin Seferian-Jenkins & 2.4

Davis isn't a bad handcuff -- my position is that he isn't talented enough to sustain top-10 RB numbers over a long period of time should Charles get hurt. Davis is a straight-linish size / speec guy that is very limited laterally. I don't see him as someone capable of stepping right in to Charles' role at all, particularly in the passing game.
I wouldn't also dismiss that Knile is more injury prone than probably every RB in the NFL, including DMC.

12 Team PPR devy league.

Gave Ty Hilton

Got 1.4

Watkins, Evans, Carey, Matthews, Lee, Seastrunk, Amaro, Sankey, Moncrief, Ebron are already rostered.

I have Julio, Josh Gordon, Harvin, Sammy Watkins, Goodwin and Boyce at WR. I also have the 1.1 and the top guy on my board at this stage is another WR. So I feel pretty comfortable trading Hilton and think there are around half a dozen guys still available in the draft I'd rather take a chance on over Hilton.

Also

Gave: Jordan Reed

Got: Austin Seferian-Jenkins & 2.4
Love both of those deals for you. Nice work

I wouldn't also dismiss that Knile is more injury prone than probably every RB in the NFL, including DMC.
I own Charles a bunch and late in the season was seriously considering off-season moves to try and land Davis as the HC. But then he had the two good games and he was overpriced. Then he suffered a similar(ish) injury to the ones he's had going back to H.S. and I just lost all appetite for the guy. Basically just not worth the price you have to pay to me at this point. Would much rather have Pierce.

I don't see him as someone capable of stepping right in to Charles' role at all, particularly in the passing game.
I believe wholeheartedly in Alex Smith's ability to dink and dunk.
Absolutely. I just think we'd see more McCluster in the backfield, Gray, Sherman, etc as opposed to Knile Davis getting the majority of Charles' looks.
Were those guys playing in week 17 and the wild card game?

Confused by the Knile Davis hate. He looked like a beast to me after watching his last few games. Great power/speed combo and he shook the butterfingers. Only obstacle now is health. Guy is a freak physically though

You can never know if a guy is over his fumblitis until you give him a large workload or at least a consistent workload over a long period of time. Until then, you're talking about a small sample size, to make that kind of assumption.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can never know if a guy is over his fumblitis until you give him a large workload or at least a consistent workload over a long period of time. Until then, you're talking about a small sample size, to make that kind of assumption.
You can look at his college production and count the many number of times that he fumbled.

Confused by the Knile Davis hate. He looked like a beast to me after watching his last few games. Great power/speed combo and he shook the butterfingers. Only obstacle now is health. Guy is a freak physically though
Which one of those two games did he actually look like "a beast"?

You can look at his college production and count the many number of times that he fumbled.
I think you're confused about what side of this debate I'm on.

Users who are viewing this thread