What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gay marriage (1 Viewer)

Are you for or against?

• For

Votes: 291 80.2%
  • Against

Votes: 72 19.8%

• Total voters
So if your opinion has changed does it still make you a bad person?
His opinion isn't the thing I'm concerned about here. He's admitted that he did it because he was using bigotry for short-term political gain. He discriminated against a group of Americans intentionally in order to get votes. That makes him a bad person.
:shrug: Wasn't talking about him . My opinions have changed . Ten years ago I was just for civil unions
A lot of people were. I think it's pretty cool that your views continue to evolve. I think that's a sign of a very good person.

A federal judge on Monday ordered Ohio authorities to recognize the marriages of same-sex couples performed in other states, the latest court victory for gay rights supporters. Judge Timothy Black ruled that refusing to recognize gay marriage is a violation of constitutional rights and “unenforceable in all circumstances.”

“The record before this court ... is staggeringly devoid of any legitimate justification for the state’s ongoing arbitrary discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation,” Black wrote.

The order does not force Ohio to allow gay marriages to be performed in the state.

The state plans to appeal Black’s ruling, arguing that Ohio has a sovereign right to ban gay marriage, which voters did overwhelmingly in 2004.

Black delayed deciding whether to issue a stay of his ruling pending the state’s appeal in the Cincinnati-based 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals until after attorneys on both sides present arguments on the issue by Tuesday.

However, Black said he is inclined to stay his ruling pending appeal, except for a portion that applies to the four gay couples who filed the February lawsuit that led to the court case. That would mean the state would immediately have to recognize their marriages and list both spouses as parents on their children’s birth certificates.

If Black declines to stay his broader ruling, that would allow gay couples in Ohio to obtain the same benefits as any other married couple in the state, including property rights and the right to make some medical decisions for their partner.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/judge-set-to-issue-key-ohio-gay-marriage-ruling/2014/04/14/24d547ce-c39c-11e3-9ee7-02c1e10a03f0_story.html?hpid=z3

Let them get married, don't let them have kids. If you want to disagree with me, that's fine. But in my opinion, if you want to have babies, go out and make them the traditional way. Is it fair? Nope. Is it fair that I will never have the physique to be a basketball star? Nope, but there's some things in life you simply have to deal with...

This whole gay vs straight thing is pretty much the indoctrination of a new culture. With the existing culture questioning whether or not it has the right to tell people "how" to live. However, I am under the assumption that the more the homosexual population increases the more people they are going to "recruit" so-to-speak. I also feel that homosexuality is as much conditional as it is hereditary, there's a definite correlation with young boys who grew up without a strong father figure; instead taking after their mothers.

Is it OK for people to go for the same sex? Sure, make whatever life decisions you want. However, I don't think we should be actively advocating people to go against mother nature. Our current social norms have been developed by having children raised by a Mom and Dad. That's nature's grand design or at least the design that has allowed human beings to survive millions of years of evolution and get us to the point where we are today. I'd like for the human race to remain as "normal" and "to nature" as possible.

Let them get married, don't let them have kids. If you want to disagree with me, that's fine. But in my opinion, if you want to have babies, go out and make them the traditional way. Is it fair? Nope. Is it fair that I will never have the physique to be a basketball star? Nope, but there's some things in life you simply have to deal with...

This whole gay vs straight thing is pretty much the indoctrination of a new culture. With the existing culture questioning whether or not it has the right to tell people "how" to live. However, I am under the assumption that the more the homosexual population increases the more people they are going to "recruit" so-to-speak. I also feel that homosexuality is as much conditional as it is hereditary, there's a definite correlation with young boys who grew up without a strong father figure; instead taking after their mothers.

Is it OK for people to go for the same sex? Sure, make whatever life decisions you want. However, I don't think we should be actively advocating people to go against mother nature. Our current social norms have been developed by having children raised by a Mom and Dad. That's nature's grand design or at least the design that has allowed human beings to survive millions of years of evolution and get us to the point where we are today. I'd like for the human race to remain as "normal" and "to nature" as possible.
Edit: Nevermind. Your entire post is filled with so much ignorance and bigotry, its not even worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:

So kids growing up with two fathers will be super heterosexual!

If a straight couple can't have children, are they allowed to adopt in your set of rules?

Over 1500 animal species practice homosexuality in "Mother Nature"

Gay people can't have babies. The babies they raise are still made the way mother nature intended.

Unless you're against adoption entirely, which is a very weird stance.
I don't want to imply that I am for any type of social engineering. But I feel that children raised by two members of the same sex won't exactly fit in perfectly with a society of people raised by two members of the opposite sex.

1/2 mother's intuition.

1/2 father's tough love.

I am big on keeping the family unit alive in America.

So kids growing up with two fathers will be super heterosexual!
Unless they are weak fathers. Then... something something.

Gay people can't have babies. The babies they raise are still made the way mother nature intended.

I don't want to imply that I am for any type of social engineering. But I feel that children raised by two members of the same sex won't exactly fit in perfectly with a society of people raised by two members of the opposite sex.

1/2 mother's intuition.

1/2 father's tough love.

How so? What will be wrong with them? You know studies have been done proving you wrong.

1/2 mother's intuition.

1/2 father's tough love.

This is an unbelievably narrow and (apparently) intentionally ignorant view of the diversity of the American family unit.

Good to know that the young generation still has people with their heads up the 1950's ###. Point by point:

1. Don't have kids? Are you saying that those who are born gay and who are either single or in a loving, monogamous relationship / marriage should not be allowed to adopt, when all the studies and evidence that I know of demonstrates no harm (and in fact, quite the opposite) to the children? Seems not only bigoted, but short sighted to deny good homes for these children. Thats not just closeminded, it's callous and cruel.

2. What indoctrination of new culture? The culture of equality before law? Or of just humanity in general? You seem to be against the former and lacking the latter. Also, you are showing a lack of intelligence / knowledge as you claim against all evidence and science that homosexuality is a choice. And fwiw, two gay dads is double the father figure.

BTW, you comments re "recruiting" are, bluntly put, small minded, bigoted and dangerous. I'd be FAR more concerned with my child being influenced by someone with your anachronistic and bigoted viewpoint rather than two moms, two dads, or some combination. What you are saying is, quite honestly, fairly disgusting.

3. Mother nature has spoken in a WHOLE bunch of species whereby homosexuality is a part of that species social mechanism. What is against mother nature is, if not hatred, your desire to continue to perpetuate harm among innocent people, demonstrating a lack of caring that is a true indoctrination against humanity. You, are the evil here, not those who are gay.

I don't want to imply that I am for any type of social engineering. But I feel that children raised by two members of the same sex won't exactly fit in perfectly with a society of people raised by two members of the opposite sex.1/2 mother's intuition.

1/2 father's tough love.

How so? What will be wrong with them? You know studies have been done proving you wrong.
Oh, come on man. We inherit our parents personalities. I act like a medley of my mother and father.

How do you think a little boy who grows up with two daddys is going to act? Probably much different than if he had been adopted by a heterosexual couple.

Good to know that the young generation still has people with their heads up the 1950's ###. Point by point:

1. Don't have kids? Are you saying that those who are born gay and who are either single or in a loving, monogamous relationship / marriage should not be allowed to adopt, when all the studies and evidence that I know of demonstrates no harm (and in fact, quite the opposite) to the children? Seems not only bigoted, but short sighted to deny good homes for these children. Thats not just closeminded, it's callous and cruel.

2. What indoctrination of new culture? The culture of equality before law? Or of just humanity in general? You seem to be against the former and lacking the latter. Also, you are showing a lack of intelligence / knowledge as you claim against all evidence and science that homosexuality is a choice. And fwiw, two gay dads is double the father figure.

BTW, you comments re "recruiting" are, bluntly put, small minded, bigoted and dangerous. I'd be FAR more concerned with my child being influenced by someone with your anachronistic and bigoted viewpoint rather than two moms, two dads, or some combination. What you are saying is, quite honestly, fairly disgusting.

3. Mother nature has spoken in a WHOLE bunch of species whereby homosexuality is a part of that species social mechanism. What is against mother nature is, if not hatred, your desire to continue to perpetuate harm among innocent people, demonstrating a lack of caring that is a true indoctrination against humanity. You, are the evil here, not those who are gay.
Damn son, it cannot be put better than this.

1/2 mother's intuition.

1/2 father's tough love.

Then why are you active working against it by singling out people who, by what you provide us with here, are far better humans and likely FAR better parents than you?

I don't want to imply that I am for any type of social engineering. But I feel that children raised by two members of the same sex won't exactly fit in perfectly with a society of people raised by two members of the opposite sex.1/2 mother's intuition.

1/2 father's tough love.

Oh, come on man. We inherit our parents personalities. I act like a medley of my mother and father.

How do you think a little boy who grows up with two daddys is going to act? Probably much different than if he had been adopted by a heterosexual couple.
Maybe, but the difference is not wrong by any means. I suggest you research the myriad of studies that have been done on this very subject.

1/2 father's tough love.

My parents were and still are heterosexual. I grew up in the traditional family and in fact, my parents are still married 40+ years later. I have 3 siblings, none of which are homosexual.

Strange how I am a lesbian ...

Last edited by a moderator:
So, you're saying that there will be no difference in behavior in a child who was raised by:

1.) A mom and dad.

2.) A mom and mom.

3.) A dad and dad.

Or you're saying the difference will be nothing but a statistic outlier?

So, you're saying that there will be no difference in behavior in a child who was raised by:

1.) A mom and dad.

2.) A mom and mom.

3.) A dad and dad.

We're saying the difference will not be "wrong" by any means.

Eminence, making the probably foolish assumption that you are actually a real person who does not really wish to do harm... IF that is the case, I have a proposition for you:

Join the Lesbian, Gay, Transgender thread, learn a bit before you continue to push an ideology that does real harm to people and to our society.

Now, if you are just a fisherman, continue your fine job. If you really are a bad person, then ignore this post.

However, if somehow you are both real and don't want to be a bad person, try to at least learn a bit more about those you disparage.

1/2 father's tough love.

Oh, come on man. We inherit our parents personalities. I act like a medley of my mother and father.How do you think a little boy who grows up with two daddys is going to act? Probably much different than if he had been adopted by a heterosexual couple.
My parents were and still are heterosexual. I grew up in the traditional family and in fact, my parents are still married 40+ years later. I have 3 siblings, none of which are homosexual.Strange how I am a lesbian ...
Not seeing the correlation to what I posted.

1.) A mom and dad.

2.) A mom and mom.

3.) A dad and dad.

Are you saying all children raised by a mom and dad are the same?

1.) A mom and dad.

2.) A mom and mom.

3.) A dad and dad.

We are saying just that. It's been demonstrated that there is no negative effect due to the gender of parents. Hopefully this can be the beginning of a learning experience for you.

Lets have babies & minors stay in state control instead of someone who will care & give the love the child needs. Brilliant

1.) A mom and dad.

2.) A mom and mom.

3.) A dad and dad.

Without any statistics to back it up, I'd put all of these miles ahead of any single parent or orphanage option.

What's worse is that you can't respect my right to have an opinion without telling me, "I'm wrong".

I think the best way to raise a child is with a mother and father. That's how I feel. I'm not telling you you're wrong.

I have tolerance for your views, you have none for mine.

1/2 father's tough love.

Oh, come on man. We inherit our parents personalities. I act like a medley of my mother and father.How do you think a little boy who grows up with two daddys is going to act? Probably much different than if he had been adopted by a heterosexual couple.
My parents were and still are heterosexual. I grew up in the traditional family and in fact, my parents are still married 40+ years later. I have 3 siblings, none of which are homosexual.Strange how I am a lesbian ...
Not seeing the correlation to what I posted.
You're alluding to a significant behavior change based on how a little boy who has two dads ... But maybe you're onto something ... If I was raised by two lesbians or gay men, I wouldn't have wasted so many years depressed in college trying to deal with my sexuality and would've had the support system I so desperately needed. And, I wouldn't have missed a year of talking to my parents & holidays after college because if they immediately were accepting, we could've avoided a long struggle. Looking back, 5 years of my life was a struggle ...

1.) A mom and dad.

2.) A mom and mom.

3.) A dad and dad.

Actually they are saying you don't know what you are talking about and should look at the studies regarding children raised in the above three family situations. Do that and get back to us before you embarrass yourself further.

It's sad that me wanting a child to have a traditional mom and dad makes me a bad person.
It's sad that you would rather do harm to a child and/or deny a child a good home due to bigoted (and incorrect) views.

You wanting to deny children that good home and discriminate against good parents without being willing to adjust to reality makes you a bad person.

It's sad that me wanting a child to have a traditional mom and dad makes me a bad person.
You can feel that way. What happens when a traditional family isn't an option? Would the child do better in a facility or foster home or gay/lesbian parents? Easy answer

What's worse is that you can't respect my right to have an opinion without telling me, "I'm wrong".

I think the best way to raise a child is with a mother and father. That's how I feel. I'm not telling you you're wrong.

Actually you are.

You are entitled to your own opinion.

You are NOT entitled to your own facts.

Being tolerant does not include being tolerant of people who espouse incorrect, non-factual, bigoted views that end up harming individuals and society alike.

For example, you are entitled to your OPINION that mixed-race marriage is bad. Don't call me intolerant for saying that's bigoted and while it's "ok" for you to believe that backward belief in your own life, shame on you to try to force others to live by those bigoted views.

You can feel that way. What happens when a traditional family isn't an option? Would the child do better in a facility or foster home or gay/lesbian parents? Easy answer
Easy answer but not the optimal answer.

"Don't ever convince yourself that doing better is the same as doing your best." -Henry Ford

For the lack of a better solution, sure. But the optimal solution? No.

Your view is that we should deny rights to people. You're never going to get tolerance for denying people rights based on prejudice against that group.

When can I have multiple wives? Can I marry a 13 year old now? I'm sure studies would show there would be little or minimum negative impact on both these things.

Your view is that we should deny rights to people. You're never going to get tolerance for denying people rights based on prejudice against that group.
I want to marry a 13 year old girl. Why deny my right to that? If anything, I'll assure she is a strong woman by the time she's ready for intercourse.

Is there anything morally wrong with that?

Now, if you are just a fisherman, continue your fine job. If you really are a bad person, then ignore this post.
It's a little bit of both.

For those who haven't been following the Eminence show on FBGs, let me provide a some context here. He's kind of a #####bag. After posting here for a while, he realized that everyone saw he was kind of a #####bag. Apparently this hurt his feeling or something, because now he's going around other threads with over-the-top trolling posts (like this one) hoping to convince people that his previous #####baggery was just trolling too, and not his actual personality.

Yes, you read that last part right. They guy actually aspires to be Lhucks.

I want to marry a 13 year old girl. Why deny my right to that? If anything, I'll assure she is a strong woman by the time she's ready for intercourse.

Is there anything morally wrong with that?
Wait, your earlier argument was a moral one?

I want to marry a 13 year old girl. Why deny my right to that? If anything, I'll assure she is a strong woman by the time she's ready for intercourse.Is there anything morally wrong with that?
Wait, your earlier argument was a moral one?
In a sense, as people were trying to tell.me my views were wrong. Now I am trying to coax them into a situation where they tell me my beliefs are wrong and they have no factual argument (only intuition) to back up their claims.

Users who are viewing this thread