What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** 13/14 Off-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (1 Viewer)

Phenix said:
  • Team A gave up Year 2014 Draft Pick 1.12; Year 2015 Round 2 Draft Pick
  • Team B gave up Year 2015 Round 1 Draft Pick; Year 2015 Round 2 Draft Pick
Now to understand this deal, Team B had the 1st pick this year and is projected by everyone in our league but him to have first pick next year while the pick Team A gave up in the 2nd next year should be a later pick in that round.

Team Bs Roster:

Brady, Tom NEP QB Cousins, Kirk WAS QB Dalton, Andy CIN QB McCown, Josh TBB QB

Bush, Michael FA RB Davis, Knile KCC RB James, Mike TBB RB Leach, Vonta FA RB Reece, Marcel OAK RB Robinson, Denard JAC RB Rodgers, Jacquizz ATL RB Turbin, Robert SEA RB Young, Darrel WAS RB

Cotchery, Jerricho CAR WR Ginn Jr., Ted ARI WR Jennings, Greg MIN WR Kerley, Jeremy NYJ WR Moore, Denarius OAK WR Pettis, Austin STL WR Quick, Brian STL WR Washington, Nate TEN WR

Celek, Brent PHI TE Graham, Garrett HOU TE Gresham, Jermaine CIN TE
I know no one has commented because it seems pretty even but people are bent that this trade went down in my league, I have the harassing emails to prove it.

Is 1.12 this year and 2.06-2.09 (2015) for 1.01-03 (2015) for 2.01-03 (2015) that bad?

As you can see above the team above is pretty bad and has the 1.12 pick now so will have a later rookie pick.
It doesn't seem pretty even, it's an awful trade. There's a reason the guy is picking 1.01.
No kidding. Horrible. I'd be mad too if I was in that league.
In a vacuum that's a pretty even trade. There's no guarantee any given team finishing 1.1 will repeat the feat. He could even finish better than the trade partner, turning that 2015 into an upgrade for him.

I understand this isn't a vacuum, and the team involved makes this a different picture, but that's not your fault. Tell the emailers to get bent and complain to the guy that keeps destroying his team with bad decisions.

Trade makes no sense 1.12 - worst #1 pick.

Sad.
He got a pick this year, so there is a reason he made the deal, again he probably does not think it will be the first pick while everyone icluding myself thinks he has the worst team.

For all we know he could win the Superbowl and then he wins the trade because he picks in a deeper draft.

Trade makes no sense 1.12 - worst #1 pick.

Sad.
He got a pick this year, so there is a reason he made the deal, again he probably does not think it will be the first pick while everyone icluding myself thinks he has the worst team.

For all we know he could win the Superbowl and then he wins the trade because he picks in a deeper draft.
you're kidding with the Super Bowl bit.

That is probably the worst Dynasty roster I have ever seen.

Phenix said:
Now to understand this deal, Team B had the 1st pick this year and is projected by everyone in our league but him to have first pick next year while the pick Team A gave up in the 2nd next year should be a later pick in that round.

Team Bs Roster:

Bush, Michael FA RB Davis, Knile KCC RB James, Mike TBB RB Leach, Vonta FA RB Reece, Marcel OAK RB Robinson, Denard JAC RB Rodgers, Jacquizz ATL RB Turbin, Robert SEA RB Young, Darrel WAS RB

Cotchery, Jerricho CAR WR Ginn Jr., Ted ARI WR Jennings, Greg MIN WR Kerley, Jeremy NYJ WR Moore, Denarius OAK WR Pettis, Austin STL WR Quick, Brian STL WR Washington, Nate TEN WR

I know no one has commented because it seems pretty even but people are bent that this trade went down in my league, I have the harassing emails to prove it.

Is 1.12 this year and 2.06-2.09 (2015) for 1.01-03 (2015) for 2.01-03 (2015) that bad?

As you can see above the team above is pretty bad and has the 1.12 pick now so will have a later rookie pick.
First you post the above saying the trade is even, then a few posts later you say you swindled the guy. Seems you are getting just what you were seeking when you posted this trade......Attention......I'm through giving it to you. Bad trade and bad trade offer, I'm more than confident you know it.

Seriously, the commish needs to step in and read this guy the riot act. This guy needs to pick up his game or find more appropriate competition. Maybe you should make this is a general topic for another thread, so we can get back to evaluating serious trades, not prison rape.

Phenix said:

Team Bs Roster:

First you post the above saying the trade is even, then a few posts later you say you swindled the guy. Seems you are getting just what you were seeking when you posted this trade......Attention......I'm through giving it to you. Bad trade and bad trade offer, I'm more than confident you know it.
As the guy says in a vacuum. It is fair because its the same picks crossing year, but as a football fan I know his team is bad, clearly he does not think that. So yes the trade was even to him and even someone above.

Seriously, the commish needs to step in and read this guy the riot act. This guy needs to pick up his game or find more appropriate competition. Maybe you should make this is a general topic for another thread, so we can get back to evaluating serious trades, not prison rape.
I know the commish has tried to offer something similar. The commish sent me 2.09 and a first next year for it. (about 1.07-09 2015)

Phenix said:

Team Bs Roster:

As the guy says in a vacuum. It is fair because its the same picks crossing year, but as a football fan I know his team is bad, clearly he does not think that. So yes the trade was even to him and even someone above.
please stop.

Phenix said:

Team Bs Roster:

please stop.
Stop what?

Last edited by a moderator:
You make the thread all about you, again.You also seem EXACTLY like the type of owner who'd run around trying to make trades like this all the time in your leagues. It's not even remotely surprising. And then you're arrogant enough to not only post it in here, with all the details and rosters posted to make it obvious what a bad trade it is...but then you draw attention to it a second time to force a conversation when you didn't get the reaction you wanted. Again, not surprising in the least.

12 team PPR start 2RB, 3WR and 1 Flex

Gave: Britt

Got: 2015 2nd rounder

He was behind Julio, Harvin, Hopkins, Patterson and Blackmon and I needed to open roster spots eventually for incoming rookies.
You got a 2nd for trading away a player you should drop. Good move.
Had 3 owners in the league asking about Britt, for some reason there are still people who want to believe.

Same league today

Gave: D. Baldwin and 3.09

Got: 2.08

You make the thread all about you, again.You also seem EXACTLY like the type of owner who'd run around trying to make trades like this all the time in your leagues. It's not even remotely surprising. And then you're arrogant enough to not only post it in here, with all the details and rosters posted to make it obvious what a bad trade it is...but then you draw attention to it a second time to force a conversation when you didn't get the reaction you wanted. Again, not surprising in the least.
Man you are angry person.

1) So am I supposed to get input on my trade by not talking about it? Sorry for having a discussion about a trade in a trade thread.

2) I only posted it after I was getting some emails about the trade, I said that.

3) I got the conversation I wanted but why do you care, you came in here and randomly posted like a troll about how awful I am, kind of ironic.

4) The fact you are upset with this discussion is a bigger issue and I'm sorry you are such an angry guy full of hate.

5) I do run around trying to make trades like this all the time.

12 team PPR

Team A gave: AP, Finley, M. Rivera, Asiata

Team B gave: J. Thomas, TY Hilton, Jordan Todman.
What am I missing here? Surely Team A is giving up more than that. That's one of the worst trades I've ever seen.Edited - Im blind, didn't see Adrian Peterson.

Phenix said:

Team Bs Roster:

If you would've left it at the 1.12 for the 2015 1st, you may not have run into as many problems. It's bad for the other team, but some may have simply said "well played" and wished they would've made a similar offer. I just think the swapping of 2015 2nds makes it much more slimy. The 1.12 for a horrible team's 2015 1st is bad enough, but when you exacerbate it with wanting what looks to be the 2.01 in next year's draft included as well, I can see where some would get upset. It's just predatory behavior that should be frowned upon. These kinds of things are greatly discouraged in other areas of society, so I don't see why you would expect any validation here.

12 Team PPR Dynasty QRRWWTKD + Flex + SuperFlex, TE Premium

Team D gives: Randle, 2.02, 2.06

Team N gives: Ertz, 3.09

12 Team PPR Dynasty QRRWWTKD + Flex + SuperFlex, TE Premium

Team D gives: Randle, 2.02, 2.06

Team N gives: Ertz, 3.09
That is Rueben and not Joseph, yes?

That seems like a boatload for Ertz, even in a TE premium.

2.2 could possibly grab 2nd or 3rd TE off the board.

Yea, I like the Randle side as well. Especially with that 2.02 pick thrown in. That should net you a nice WR/TE prospect this year.

12 team PPR (1.25 PPR for TE) salary cap dynasty. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2 flex

Large 35 man rosters, up to 30 man taxi squad (important for this deal, makes picks more valuable since you can hold them a while)

Give:

pick 11

pick 27

pick 32

a 2015 3rd

for

Ladarius Green

Justin Hunter (both guys on taxi now)

Phenix said:

Team Bs Roster:

If you would've left it at the 1.12 for the 2015 1st, you may not have run into as many problems. It's bad for the other team, but some may have simply said "well played" and wished they would've made a similar offer. I just think the swapping of 2015 2nds makes it much more slimy. The 1.12 for a horrible team's 2015 1st is bad enough, but when you exacerbate it with wanting what looks to be the 2.01 in next year's draft included as well, I can see where some would get upset. It's just predatory behavior that should be frowned upon. These kinds of things are greatly discouraged in other areas of society, so I don't see why you would expect any validation here.
lol wat! The so called worst team in the league luck boxes 5 games and then what? There is no guarantee this guy is going to be picking 1st.

Team B has the worst roster in history. It's like the Indians roster in "Major League". Except this isn't a fictional movie. That team will suck it's way to the top like a...................insert inappropriate joke here.................. :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

ghostguy123 said:
Team B has the worst roster in history. It's like the Indians roster in "Major League". Except this isn't a fictional movie. That team will suck it's way to the top like a...................insert inappropriate joke here.................. :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:
I can't even comprehend how that roster could be constructed so poorly. Barely a single startable piece on the team.

Milkman said:
CoachJankySpanky said:
Phenix said:

Team Bs Roster:

lol wat! The so called worst team in the league luck boxes 5 games and then what? There is no guarantee this guy is going to be picking 1st.
Based off his roster and if it is standard 1/2/3/1

Brady

Robinson

Rodgers

Jennings

Moore

Cotchery

Celek

Has anyone seen a worse team? I have not seen others team in the league but that one is one of the worst in any league. Guessing that is a shoe in for #1 pick luck boxing wont even help that team.

Gave -

Tyler Eifert

Bernard Pierce

Emmanuel Sanders

Received -

Torrey Smith

Andre Ellington

Stephan Taylor

I have a strong and very deep team (at every position but RB) that just won the title, so I'm looking to tighten up the roster a bit. Eifert was a guy I just acquired a week or two ago and am fine with losing him since I already have Olsen and Kelce as my future prospect. I'm not a Pierce fan, and Sanders was my WR6. Smith will slot as my WR3, most likely. Ellington will replace Pierce as my RB2.

Brady

Robinson

Rodgers

Jennings

Moore

Cotchery

Celek

Has anyone seen a worse team? I have not seen others team in the league but that one is one of the worst in any league. Guessing that is a shoe in for #1 pick luck boxing wont even help that team.
Unfortunately, I have. Or at least very comparable, and it is a team in the dynasty league I run, and the owner just left the league.... :nerd: :nerd: :eek: :nerd: :nerd:

Milkman said:
CoachJankySpanky said:
Phenix said:

Team Bs Roster:

Brady

Robinson

Rodgers

Jennings

Moore

Cotchery

Celek

Hopefully the guy paid his league fees for next year already - because if he bails aftre trading away the 1.01 and 2.01 you may have to pay some one to take that team over. It almost seems impossible for a team to be so bad. It's not even like it's a roster that will take its lumps for a few seasons while rebuilding - just an absolute mess of mediocrity (and that's being nice).

Gave -

Tyler Eifert

Bernard Pierce

Emmanuel Sanders

Received -

Torrey Smith

Andre Ellington

Stephan Taylor

I have a strong and very deep team (at every position but RB) that just won the title, so I'm looking to tighten up the roster a bit. Eifert was a guy I just acquired a week or two ago and am fine with losing him since I already have Olsen and Kelce as my future prospect. I'm not a Pierce fan, and Sanders was my WR6. Smith will slot as my WR3, most likely. Ellington will replace Pierce as my RB2.
I like that deal for you

ghostguy123 said:
I guess that makes Tom Brady Roger Dorn in this situation.

I think Phenix said this was a poster here's team. The poster is Team Ramrod. If this guy is a subscriber to FBG, then FBG needs to do some damage control real quick ;)

Gave -

Tyler Eifert

Bernard Pierce

Emmanuel Sanders

Received -

Torrey Smith

Andre Ellington

Stephan Taylor

I like that deal for you
I can see that being a good deal for you.

I like Eifert and Sanders has potential to really breakout in DEN but still think I would take Smith/AZ run game as more of a sure thing

Milkman said:
CoachJankySpanky said:
Phenix said:

Team Bs Roster:

Brady

Robinson

Rodgers

Jennings

Moore

Cotchery

Celek

Hopefully the guy paid his league fees for next year already - because if he bails aftre trading away the 1.01 and 2.01 you may have to pay some one to take that team over. It almost seems impossible for a team to be so bad. It's not even like it's a roster that will take its lumps for a few seasons while rebuilding - just an absolute mess of mediocrity (and that's being nice).
We had someone do that my league - traded for Chris Johnson in 2012 for his two future firsts. Those picks ended up being 1.3 (Lacy) and 1.1 this year. The team that took it over is doing a good job rebuilding but the team won't contend for a couple more years.

10 team start 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1 superflex, idp

1ppr

Team A trades:

1.3, 1.4, 1.6, 1.10

Team B trades:

Gronk

Spiller

Users who are viewing this thread