What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** 13/14 Off-Season Dynasty Trade Thread (2 Viewers)

Blockbuster just went down.

FFPC (12 team PPR dynasty, 1.5 PPR for TE)

Pick 1 (sure to be Watkins)

Ben Tate

Keenan Allen

Marvin Jones

pick 17

for

Lesean Mccoy

Dez Bryant

Bryce Brown
This is pretty bad. The gap between Shady/Dez and Allen/Sammy can't be bridged by Tate, Jones, and 2.05.

I like Allen a lot. He's at the top of my 2nd tier Wrs--ahead of Cobb (recently). But there is still a full tier between he and Dez. Those who didn't watch Dez much last year won't appreciate the attention he got--especially in the redzone. To dominate despite that is damn impressive. Until Allen does that--he's no Dez.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, that is a very nice haul for forte for a rebuild.
depends. After Watkins and Evans (sure to go 1-2 in this league), all the others seem to be 50-50 on if they will develop or not into guys like what Forte is now. That means there is a 25% shot that those picks just totally bust - but also a 25% shot he ends up with the next Lacy and Allen....

matttyl said:
ghostguy123 said:
Oh, that is a very nice haul for forte for a rebuild.
depends. After Watkins and Evans (sure to go 1-2 in this league), all the others seem to be 50-50 on if they will develop or not into guys like what Forte is now. That means there is a 25% shot that those picks just totally bust - but also a 25% shot he ends up with the next Lacy and Allen....
Sure. But if rebuilding he can always trade down also for multiple 1sts over this year and next.

Great trade if you can't win now. Not sure you can get more for forte from 99% of all owners.

I woukd bet my life my browns do not take a rb in the first or 2nd round though.
no one is taking a RB in the first. mid 2nd is where it will start - Cle could take one at #71, and that could be the 3rd or 4th RB off the board (and would be their 4th pick off the board)

They also have pick #83, could take one there, too.

What are you even trying to say? Even if they pick one I still take tate over pick 11. If they don't its a super easy decision.

12 team ppr QRRWWWTKDF

Gave: '15 1st, Knowshon Moreno, Dwayne Bowe, Marvin Jones

Received: Jordan Cameron, 2.06, 3.06, 3.12

Main pieces for me

Rodgers

Shady, Spiller

Dez, Garcon, Welker, Streater, Cooks

Jimmy, Cameron

Panthers

Edit: Took Allen Robinson OTC at 2.06

Ben Tate

Keenan Allen

Marvin Jones

pick 17

for

Lesean Mccoy

Dez Bryant

Bryce Brown
This is pretty bad. The gap between Shady/Dez and Allen/Sammy can't be bridged by Tate, Jones, and 2.05.

I like Allen a lot. He's at the top of my 2nd tier Wrs--ahead of Cobb (recently). But there is still a full tier between he and Dez. Those who didn't watch Dez much last year won't appreciate the attention he got--especially in the redzone. To dominate despite that is damn impressive. Until Allen does that--he's no Dez.
Remember 2 years ago when Dez wasn't worth much to most people and everyone wanted him off their team and were trading him away for Kyle Rudolph's of the world ? Remember last year when McCoy was coming off a concussion and there were questions of Chi Kelly's offense and if McCoy was even a top 10 RB anymore ? Remember when AJ Green and Julio Jones were rookies and then just after 1 year they were top 10 startup picks ? Remember how Ray Rice was regarded as high as McCoy is now 2 years ago ? What I am getting at is things change fast in the NFL. McCoy is going on his 6th year already and Dez is well Dez and I told everyone 4 years ago to get on his bandwagon so those who missed it was their own fault.

Let's check back in 2 years and see how this deal turns out I bet it's pretty close because Watkins and Allen are special.

Ben Tate

Keenan Allen

Marvin Jones

pick 17

for

Lesean Mccoy

Dez Bryant

Bryce Brown

Remember 2 years ago when Dez wasn't worth much to most people and everyone wanted him off their team and were trading him away for Kyle Rudolph's of the world ? Remember last year when McCoy was coming off a concussion and there were questions of Chi Kelly's offense and if McCoy was even a top 10 RB anymore ? Remember when AJ Green and Julio Jones were rookies and then just after 1 year they were top 10 startup picks ? Remember how Ray Rice was regarded as high as McCoy is now 2 years ago ? What I am getting at is things change fast in the NFL. McCoy is going on his 6th year already and Dez is well Dez and I told everyone 4 years ago to get on his bandwagon so those who missed it was their own fault.

Let's check back in 2 years and see how this deal turns out I bet it's pretty close because Watkins and Allen are special.
If this deal looks close in two years, then it was a monster victory for us

Ben Tate

Keenan Allen

Marvin Jones

pick 17

for

Lesean Mccoy

Dez Bryant

Bryce Brown

horrible deal for the team getting the top pick.

Remember 2 years ago when Dez wasn't worth much to most people and everyone wanted him off their team and were trading him away for Kyle Rudolph's of the world ? Remember last year when McCoy was coming off a concussion and there were questions of Chi Kelly's offense and if McCoy was even a top 10 RB anymore ?.
No, I don't.

Long time lurker. First time poster.

BLOCKBUSTER ALERT

Dez

Shady

Bryce Brown

for

Keenen Allen

Ben Tate

Marvin Jones

FFPC Scoring (which is 1 pt. PPR)

Ben Tate

Keenan Allen

Marvin Jones

pick 17

for

Lesean Mccoy

Dez Bryant

Bryce Brown
Like the McCoy/Dez side there.

Seems unlikely that the Watkins side will win unless Ben Tate blows up. Watkins/Allen have some youth on McCoy/Dez, but more question marks.

Guessing that the Watkins/Allen side is trying to fill out a starting lineup while the other team is combining spare parts for elite players.

Almost always better to be the latter IMO.
EBF is probably my favorite poster, so this kinda makes me want to vomit, since I am on the Watkins/Allen side of this trade.

Obviously I don't feel Shady will outscore Tate by more than 50 this year….time will tell. But the addition of Sproles to the Iggles has to hurt Shady, and while I don't believe Tate is a top talent RB, he is in a GREAT situation in Cle. Incentive based contract, good O-line, no competition for carries, and the likelihood they add a solid piece to their Offense with the 4th pick in the draft.

Keenen is closer to Dez IMO than others believe. It will never seem that way, cuz Dez is a beast of a man (no homo) and plays on the the high profile Cowboys, but Keenen will score really close to him in PPR leagues year in year out.

Marvin Jones is an X factor, and if he produces, its a big bonus, but he does have a lot of uside as the WR2 in that offense.

More risk on our side, yeah, no doubt. But more reward as well.

Full team.

RG3

Kaepernick

Cutler

Ellington

Gore

Tate

T. Smith

K. Allen

M. Jones

Reggie Wayne

Givens

Brazil

G. Olsen

D. Walker

B. Pettigrew

Picks

Obviously I don't feel Shady will outscore Tate by more than 50 this year
IMO the whole trade comes down to Shady playing at a top 5 level for the next 5 years. If he pulls a Ray Rice then the trade is heavily in your favor.

It's possible that Watkins has a better career than what Shady has left. If that happens the trade works out to be Dez for Tate, Allen, Jones and pick 17.

Obviously I don't feel Shady will outscore Tate by more than 50 this year….time will tell. But the addition of Sproles to the Iggles has to hurt Shady, and while I don't believe Tate is a top talent RB, he is in a GREAT situation in Cle. Incentive based contract, good O-line, no competition for carries, and the likelihood they add a solid piece to their Offense with the 4th pick in the draft.

Keenen is closer to Dez IMO than others believe. It will never seem that way, cuz Dez is a beast of a man (no homo) and plays on the the high profile Cowboys, but Keenen will score really close to him in PPR leagues year in year out.
Well, I do like Watkins and Allen. I just don't know that they're ever going to score like Dez/Shady can.

I think a big ??? with Tate is whether or not he can stay healthy under a full workload. If he stays healthy for 16 games and gets the full workload then he'll have major value. A lot can happen to disrupt that dream scenario though.

Recently traded pick 1.07 for picks 1.17, 2.12 and 15' 2nd.

32 team IDP dynasty.
Not a huge fan of this deal. I think you could have gotten more closer to the draft when we saw where everyone has landed.

Trading back is a better option on draft day with relatively early picks like that.

32 team IDP dynasty.
Not a huge fan of this deal. I think you could have gotten more closer to the draft when we saw where everyone has landed.Trading back is a better option on draft day with relatively early picks like that.
Perhaps I could have gotten more closer to the draft. I'll say I shopped this pick HEAVILY, though. This was the best offer I could get and I negotiated with at least 4 teams. I thought I'd get more for it as well but it just didn't happen.

32 team IDP dynasty.
would like to hear the reasoning behind the move.
I need RB and defensive help. I think all the decent RBs will be gone by 7 and I can probably get a top defensive player (DE or LB) at 17 and I add a pick in the 2nd for some other possible holes/BPA. Looking at past drafts in this league that 2nd round pick can offer great value.

32 team IDP dynasty.
Not a huge fan of this deal. I think you could have gotten more closer to the draft when we saw where everyone has landed.Trading back is a better option on draft day with relatively early picks like that.
Perhaps I could have gotten more closer to the draft. I'll say I shopped this pick HEAVILY, though. This was the best offer I could get and I negotiated with at least 4 teams. I thought I'd get more for it as well but it just didn't happen.
So 32 team but duplicate players or 32 teams one copy of each player?

32 team IDP dynasty.
One copy of each player.

32 team IDP dynasty.
One copy of each player.
So no chance any of the QB needy teams are salivating over those early picks to get a QB? 32 team league seems there is a huge disparity at QB.

Anyway seems you thought it through just seems like a top 1/4 draft pick should be gold

Ben Tate

Keenan Allen

Marvin Jones

pick 17

for

Lesean Mccoy

Dez Bryant

Bryce Brown
Like the McCoy/Dez side there.

Seems unlikely that the Watkins side will win unless Ben Tate blows up. Watkins/Allen have some youth on McCoy/Dez, but more question marks.

Guessing that the Watkins/Allen side is trying to fill out a starting lineup while the other team is combining spare parts for elite players.

Almost always better to be the latter IMO.
EBF is probably my favorite poster, so this kinda makes me want to vomit, since I am on the Watkins/Allen side of this trade.Obviously I don't feel Shady will outscore Tate by more than 50 this year….time will tell. But the addition of Sproles to the Iggles has to hurt Shady, and while I don't believe Tate is a top talent RB, he is in a GREAT situation in Cle. Incentive based contract, good O-line, no competition for carries, and the likelihood they add a solid piece to their Offense with the 4th pick in the draft.

Marvin Jones is an X factor, and if he produces, its a big bonus, but he does have a lot of uside as the WR2 in that offense.

More risk on our side, yeah, no doubt. But more reward as well.

Full team.

RG3

Kaepernick

Cutler

Ellington

Gore

Tate

T. Smith

K. Allen

M. Jones

Reggie Wayne

Givens

Brazil

G. Olsen

D. Walker

B. Pettigrew

Picks

I don't necessarily hate the trade, but I think you are really overrating Ben Tate if you think there is a good chance he scores near Shady.

I personally pay very close attention to the details of contracts because I think they often tell you a lot about how a team views a guy they are signing. Ben Tate's contract screams backup RB. The Browns have 5 picks in the top 75 or so of the draft in 2 weeks. I personally think there's a 75% chance that one of those early picks is used on a RB. At which point Tate's value falls like a rock...

Users who are viewing this thread