What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Closers, Closers in waiting, and Middle relief...... (1 Viewer)

Bryan Shaw with the save tonight, I picked him up in Cake as soon as he got one out. :lmao:
Allen had pitched three of four and Axford had gone three in a row.
Axford sucks, he's not long for that job.
Allen is next in line if he gets replaced. Most around here want Axford out, but I think he should get more rope. He was fine after the early season implosion last year.
I know all this Harold Reynolds, but Allen isn't available in any league where at least four of the other owners have brains.

Axford sucks, he won't last.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Ernie leads the league in velocity of home runs... when he gives one up, there is no high flyball BS, they explode out like rockets

Someone out there want to explain the reasoning behind using Jim Johnson last night, in a game you're trailing by a run, when you have a doubleheader today?

Someone out there want to explain the reasoning behind using Jim Johnson last night, in a game you're trailing by a run, when you have a doubleheader today?
Doolittle and Gregerson had already been used and Cook pitched two innings the night before.

Axford sleeps with the fishes.

Tito said they are going CBC for the time being.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bryan Shaw with the save tonight, I picked him up in Cake as soon as he got one out. :lmao:
Allen is next in line if he gets replaced. Most around here want Axford out, but I think he should get more rope. He was fine after the early season implosion last year.
Update?

Shaw got the save today, Allen pitched the 8th.

Jewish Family might take over in New York.
what means this?
from rotoworld

Mets manager Terry Collins said Sunday that Jeurys Familia is "moving closer" to becoming the team's closer.
With Kyle Farnsworth an underwhelming option, and no other seemingly viable alternatives, the Mets are likely to try out several different options in the ninth inning. Familia has posted a 3.12 ERA, 1.27 WHIP and 14/8 K/BB ratio over 17 1/3

Jansen's BABIP is .452!!!!
His line is crazy right now. 15.28 k/9, 4.58 bb/9, 15.4% HR/FB, 4.58 ERA, 2.69 FIP, 2.17 xFIP, 31.8 LD%

Some of this stuff (like HRs and BABIP) has to regress at some point, right? Even that walk rate is artificially inflated (two IBBs). Without the IBBs his BB/9 is 3.5. His velocity is up across the board, too. Such a bizarre season so far.

Fly said:
His line is crazy right now. 15.28 k/9, 4.58 bb/9, 15.4% HR/FB, 4.58 ERA, 2.69 FIP, 2.17 xFIP, 31.8 LD%

Some of this stuff (like HRs and BABIP) has to regress at some point, right? Even that walk rate is artificially inflated (two IBBs). Without the IBBs his BB/9 is 3.5. His velocity is up across the board, too. Such a bizarre season so far.
the walks are very high and the high BABIP could be to him not locating and throwing the ball right down the plate? I havent watched him pitch

Fly said:

the walks are very high and the high BABIP could be to him not locating and throwing the ball right down the plate? I havent watched him pitch
Not even terrible Phil Coke can replicate that BABIP, it's a lot of misfortune. I watch him a lot, he he leaving some stuff up but the walks are all on borderline pitches. He looks fine.

Tommy Hunter hasn't been good, but he just got ####ed by the shift, then a replay. Only a matter of time before lack of talent caught up with him

Who is next in line in BAL?
I added Britton and O'Day where I had room. Lefties hit O'Day hard and teams hesitate to put lefties in the closer role but you'd have to think it's one of them.
It's kind of a mess for the reasons NV stated plus nobody has been all that effective in that bullpen. I think O'Day is better in a situational role. Matusz has more walks than strikeouts. Britton has looked good but he has virtually no experience as a RP. One darkhorse name is Ryan Webb who has closer's stuff whatever that means.

Because of this and Buck Showalter, I think Hunter gets more leash.

Tommy Hunter hasn't been good, but he just got ####ed by the shift, then a replay. Only a matter of time before lack of talent caught up with him
Even Orioles announcers said there was "clear evidence" the call on the field was incorrect. :mellow:

So Hunter dug himself the hole, you absolutely can't walk Torii Hunter there. I was there, so awesome. :pickle:

Users who are viewing this thread