What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana? (1 Viewer)

teixeira is very easily dropped in most leagues.
I know what you mean, but he has been productive when he's played and is still owned in 83% of leagues (though down from 91% yesterday).

But I am having a very hard time justifying him in a weekly league.
I've enjoyed the productivity so far, but Im parking him on the bench for now with the realization that he'll probably be dumped soon. Wrist injuries just dont usually miraculously heal.
you see this though, guy misses 2 games, then jumps right back in and blasts a homer. I just don't know what to do. help me, obi-wan kenobi.

Singleton was still available in my Yahoo! league. Even though I already have Goldy and Abreu (as well as Morse and Craig who are 1B-elig), I had to grab him just based on the potential and dropped Bonifacio.

Eddie Butler is supposed to be a top pitching prospect getting the call up for Colorado. Yeah i know its colorado but might be worth an add

I have Addison Russell, so obviously i'm biased, but I think he has higher upside. Seems to get on base at a good clip, more power.

Of course it's really tough to gauge when they are both working their way up the ranks. I think both have a pretty clear path to the majors (i.e. no major players blocking them) so that's even.

Who is the better SS prospect to stash away, Rusell or Lindor?
I'd probably rather have Russell long-term because a 20-20 SS is extremely valuable, but he was a good way's away even before the injury. No idea when he gets called up, but June 2015 seems like the absolute earliest.

Lindor seems like he'll be more in the mold of a 30 steal, handful of HR's with a very good AVG/OBP SS, which is nice, but easier to find. He and Baez are the only one's of this great SS class likely to be up this year though.

For dynasty/deep keeper, I'd rather have Russell. For yearly/shallow keeper, Lindor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool thanks for the replies fellas. It's a H2H points keeper league and I have Xander at SS at least for next year too so there's no urgency for a call up, was looking more for their long term offensive expectation. Russell sounds like the better prospect for my league, going to add him this week. Thanks again.

They are the highest ranked AL prospects on the site I follow that's available in my league. Buxton, Correa, Sano and Singleton aren't available, is there anyone else I'm missing? My ML spot is open and wanted to grab the best available.

Cool thanks for the replies fellas. It's a H2H points keeper league and I have Xander at SS at least for next year too so there's no urgency for a call up, was looking more for their long term offensive expectation. Russell sounds like the better prospect for my league, going to add him this week. Thanks again.

They are the highest ranked AL prospects on the site I follow that's available in my league. Buxton, Correa, Sano and Singleton aren't available, is there anyone else I'm missing? My ML spot is open and wanted to grab the best available.
The Cubs guys available? Baez, Bryant, and Alcantara

The Cubs guys available? Baez, Bryant, and Alcantara
Looks like he may be in an AL only league. Either way I'd rank the Cubs guys for fantasy purpose as follows

Bryant

Baez

Alcantara

pollardsvision said:
With the Cuddy at 3rd experiment and CarGo possibly heading to the DL, Corey Dickerson is pretty much a must add right now.
He'll probably still sit vs. lefties, so I let others get him in my weekly leagues, but this couldn't have come at a better time as the Rocks just started a length home stand. Two righties prone to being clubbed on tap tonight and tomorrow too.

Long Ball Larry said:
I know what you mean, but he has been productive when he's played and is still owned in 83% of leagues (though down from 91% yesterday).

I've enjoyed the productivity so far, but Im parking him on the bench for now with the realization that he'll probably be dumped soon. Wrist injuries just dont usually miraculously heal.
you see this though, guy misses 2 games, then jumps right back in and blasts a homer. I just don't know what to do. help me, obi-wan kenobi.
I dropped him because of the O face he makes when he runs.

Long Ball Larry said:

No clue. One day they're writing him off and signing Morales, the next day he's back in the lineup mashing HRs.

Angry Beavers said:
Billy Bats said:
Ooops sorry, yea it's AL only.
Without knowing exactly who is taken, Mookie Betts might be the one you are looking for........
Agree with this. If he continues his ridiculous tear through the minors at AAA, he'll be top 10 on all the prospect lists next year. He may even be up in Boston later this year.

Only bummer is it looks like he'll be playing OF rather than 2B because that's where the Red Sox need help.

Angry Beavers said:
Billy Bats said:
Ooops sorry, yea it's AL only.
Without knowing exactly who is taken, Mookie Betts might be the one you are looking for........
Buxton. Correa, Sano and Singleton are gone, and I'm going by the rankings on my site that has Russell and Lindor next in line. They have Mookie further down behind guys like Odor and Sanchez(NyY) so I haven't given them much thought, hence my question if I missed anyone. :thumbup: What's Mookiee's ceiling, don't know much about him. (Plus I have Kipnis long term)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mookie's lower on the rankings because prior to last season he was just a raw athlete and not a highly regarded prospect. The light bulb went on for him in 2013 and his plate discipline has been excellent since then.

I'd say his upside is something like 300/380/450 with 10-15 HR and 30-40 SB. Playing in Boston with his OBP/Speed combo, he could definitely bat leadoff and produce 100 runs some day.

Where would you guys rank soler amongst the very top prospects? Drafted him late this year hoping he'd be a poor man's puig if he got the callup

Where would you guys rank soler amongst the very top prospects? Drafted him late this year hoping he'd be a poor man's puig if he got the callup
I'd be surprised if he gets a call in September. If everything clicks, about a year from now at the earliest.

This is a decent article on Soler from BleacherReport (which usually sucks)

Soler should take over as the team’s everyday right fielder when he arrives (which should be for good), which should happen during the first half of the 2015 season. If he comes close to reaching his offensive ceiling, Soler should offer All-Star-caliber production in his prime seasons, batting .270-plus with roughly 25 home runs and double-digit stolen bases from the heart of the Cubs’ lineup. However, that’s a best-case scenario, as there’s still a sizeable gap betweenSoler’s present ability and ultimate potential.

Yeah that's pretty much where i'm at. Missed time early but hitting .333 in AA so far. Figure if he really tears it up he may get a call late in the year. It's a very unique dynasty setup so even just a call-up would be great for me

On a similar subject, at what point should I shoot myself in the head for continuing to draft Martin Prado every season and hanging on to him for too long?
Prado will rise! 3 position eligibility!
This is why I fall for it every year, except that I now have Bonifacio that fills the exact same role (right down to the lack of HR so far).
In Prado We Trust.

http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/martin-prado-lurks/

On a similar subject, at what point should I shoot myself in the head for continuing to draft Martin Prado every season and hanging on to him for too long?
Prado will rise! 3 position eligibility!
This is why I fall for it every year, except that I now have Bonifacio that fills the exact same role (right down to the lack of HR so far).
In Prado We Trust.

http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/martin-prado-lurks/
Kept him and dropped Bonifacio for Singleton.

:hifive:

Jake Odorizzi is having an interesting season. His 2-6 record and 5.31 ERA may be keeping him off rosters, but he's struck out 71 and walked 25 in 57.2 IP. He has a 3.14 FIP, and his struggles can be largely attributed to a .372 BABIP.

Maybe it's not all bad luck, but at least some of it has to be. He's definitely one to keep an eye on.

Jake Odorizzi is having an interesting season. His 2-6 record and 5.31 ERA may be keeping him off rosters, but he's struck out 71 and walked 25 in 57.2 IP. He has a 3.14 FIP, and his struggles can be largely attributed to a .372 BABIP.

Maybe it's not all bad luck, but at least some of it has to be. He's definitely one to keep an eye on.
I keep wanting to pick him up, but those walks were scaring me. Then he goes and cuts down on the walks for 3 starts and gets lit up (with some pretty bad luck involved). No idea what to make of him.

I keep wanting to pick him up, but those walks were scaring me. Then he goes and cuts down on the walks for 3 starts and gets lit up (with some pretty bad luck involved). No idea what to make of him.
I just dropped him. I can't imagine having any faith in him to start him so he was just wasting a spot.

I guess this means the Twins don't have a ton of faith in Pinto , Kubel or any of the others they could be rolling out at DH righting the ship (though you'd think they'd want to give Pinto some AB's to adjust).

Nobody else is hitting now, so this seems like one of the best spots Morales could've ended up in. Plus, it's not like Willingham and Arcia will ever have a long stretch of both being healthy at the same time.

I guess this means the Twins don't have a ton of faith in Pinto , Kubel or any of the others they could be rolling out at DH righting the ship (though you'd think they'd want to give Pinto some AB's to adjust).Nobody else is hitting now, so this seems like one of the best spots Morales could've ended up in. Plus, it's not like Willingham and Arcia will ever have a long stretch of both being healthy at the same time.
this could be a kinda scary middle of the order if Willingham and Arcia are in at the same time.

Which of these ####ty double start pitchers for next week do you like? Yes I have to start TWO of them cuz my pitching SUCKS.

Danks vs DET, KC

Morton vs CHC, @MIA

Cosart @ARI, TB

Wood @PHI, @PIT

Which of these ####ty double start pitchers for next week do you like? Yes I have to start TWO of them cuz my pitching SUCKS.

Danks vs DET, KC

Morton vs CHC, @MIA

Cosart @ARI, TB

Wood @PHI, @PIT
Morton and Wood
I lean Cosart over Morton. He gets a terrible nl team in their park and Tampa is completely lost right now at the plate,
Morton over Cosart, easy. Cubs and Marlins aren't exactly world beaters there and AZ is not very pitcher friendly. Yeah, TB not that great, but I'd almost always start a NL pitcher over an AL pitcher all other things being equal.

Wood has been a bit of a wild card this year (does your league include pitcher hitting stats?)

7 of his 11 starts he's allowed three er or less, but does have the propensity to blow up pretty good. He doesn't have all that favorable matchups either.

I may be tempted to give Danks a chance if I had to, with two home starts, but I'd avoid.

Cosart has gas can potential out there too.

I'd probably run Morton out there, and then I'd avoid the other three unless it was a h2h league. Then I'd flip a three sided coin between the other three and pray they don't blow up my ratios.

I guess this means the Twins don't have a ton of faith in Pinto , Kubel or any of the others they could be rolling out at DH righting the ship (though you'd think they'd want to give Pinto some AB's to adjust).

Nobody else is hitting now, so this seems like one of the best spots Morales could've ended up in. Plus, it's not like Willingham and Arcia will ever have a long stretch of both being healthy at the same time.
right.

Kubel already designated for assignment, Willingham about due for another DL stint.

Not crazy about Minnesota home field, but it is almost summer so Morales has a good shot for plenty of ab's and should be good for decent average and some bombs. Probably wouldn't expect all that much for a few weeks as he'll probably need to get timing down, but no reason to think he will not get a bunch of starts in the middle of the lineup. I'd burn a #1 waiver wire priority on him, wouldn't expect anyone else worthy of that till at least end of summer.

Users who are viewing this thread