What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Add/Drop and Waiver Wire wonderment thread: Do you still own Domingo Santana? (9 Viewers)

Hypothetically speaking, say you're in 2nd place and you are running away with all power categories but in dire need of K, ERA, and WHIP. Where would you draw the line at a SP that you would trade McCutchen for?
Value goes out the window, but I'd be trying to trade a power-only bat before McCutch if possible.
He's sporting a non-keepable Cutch, with Trout, and a soon to be back Harper

It's Harper coming back that gives him the flexibility

His counting stats is what makes me offer Scherzer for him

Still dumbfounded with tre and My teams pitching stat line on wed.

35 innings, 2 wins, 1 save 48 K's 0.77 era 0.49 whip

:eek:

Damn!

Felix lackey kershaw and others. :)

Not an add drop question, but something i gotta think about in two weeks. Wtf do i bench for bryce harper? What about cargo who i also have on the bench?

My OF... Cutch, Brantley, Morse, KDavis

My UT... dickerson

I cant move. Morse to CI cuz i have VMart there. I cant move VMart to 1B cuz i got Goldy there. I picked up all those guys on the WW during the year except cutch and goldy and theyve all been better than my two hurt OFs.

My first real stream in my home league happened today with Odorizzi. Should I cut bait or hold and bench? Next start at Baltimore, not really the best venue for excellence.

My first real stream in my home league happened today with Odorizzi. Should I cut bait or hold and bench? Next start at Baltimore, not really the best venue for excellence.
good question. Hes available in my league too. He produces. Ks but cant seem to pitch very deep in games. I think im passing for now

Not an add drop question, but something i gotta think about in two weeks. Wtf do i bench for bryce harper? What about cargo who i also have on the bench?

My UT... dickerson

I cant move. Morse to CI cuz i have VMart there. I cant move VMart to 1B cuz i got Goldy there. I picked up all those guys on the WW during the year except cutch and goldy and theyve all been better than my two hurt OFs.
Can you leave Harper in a DL spot until/when/if he heats up? I'm just going to stash him. He was pretty bad even before the injury.

My UT... dickerson

Can you leave Harper in a DL spot until/when/if he heats up? I'm just going to stash him. He was pretty bad even before the injury.
I can bench him to see how he does. Thats probably what Ill do unless Morse's injury is worse than day to day. No way am I benching any of the other guys for him right now.

Curious what the numbers look like for young arms pitching in their second and third month without much of a track record that have a good first month or so. Seems they get beaten up. Makes sense too. It's why Arrieta and Elias has me nervous but Henderson Alvarez does not.

Grabbed d'Arnaud in a keeper, seems like someone to sit on for a few weeks. Fantasy nerds noting the Las Vegas numbers mean nothing but I disagree, they sent him to Vegas to get his confidence back. This kid is going to be good, just might take a little longer than people want. For $1 I thought I'd give it a shot as my back-up catcher since I just traded Sal Perez. :shrug:

Curious what the numbers look like for young arms pitching in their second and third month without much of a track record that have a good first month or so. Seems they get beaten up. Makes sense too. It's why Arrieta and Elias has me nervous but Henderson Alvarez does not.
jake arrieta is not a young pitcher?

huh, he pitched parts of three seasons with the orioles, didn't realize it was that much. Feeling better now...

Grabbed d'Arnaud in a keeper, seems like someone to sit on for a few weeks. Fantasy nerds noting the Las Vegas numbers mean nothing but I disagree, they sent him to Vegas to get his confidence back. This kid is going to be good, just might take a little longer than people want. For $1 I thought I'd give it a shot as my back-up catcher since I just traded Sal Perez. :shrug:
rookie catches almost always blow, second year often too, they don't seem to hit their stride until they're comfortable because they have so many responsibilities. Takes more time to adapt.

huh, he pitched parts of three seasons with the orioles, didn't realize it was that much. Feeling better now...
And Arrieta has an elite wipeout pitch—his curve ball. His problems were always control-related. Exactly the kind of guy who can flourish when he learns to use his pitches. I'm buying.

pantagrapher said:
MAC_32 said:
shadyridr said:
MAC_32 said:
And Arrieta has an elite wipeout pitch—his curve ball. His problems were always control-related. Exactly the kind of guy who can flourish when he learns to use his pitches. I'm buying.
He's also now permitted to throw a cutter. Something the Orioles organization would not allow him to do.

nice

shadyridr said:
Doctor Detroit said:
nice
Sell high

Jesse hahn looks like a stud
next year I am picking all of my pitchers off waivers
unfortunately in my league people scour the ww for every pitcher. Hahn just got scooped and i was hoping he would slip to me in last nights waiver run. The only good ww pitcher i grabbed this year is arrieta. Meanwhile ive grabbed a TON of stud hitters off waivers. I need to keep that in mind during next years draft.

Please rank rest of season..

Darvish

Tanaka

Bumgarner

Scherzer
All #1
What's better than 1? That is where I'd put Tanaka. 0?
Interested to see what happens when good hitting teams see him for a second and third time. I think I'd still take Darvish from that group, but I'm not sure there is a wrong choice.
Cubs got to him the second time. Hit him hard all game and I was a bit worried, but so far it's been a blip. Bad weather that night, too, so that might have been part of it.

The only concern about Tanaka was his velocity was down his last start vs Baltimore. Hopefully that was just a blip and nothing to be concerned about. Otherwise, facing a team a second time doesnt concern me. He dominated Toronto the second time he faced them.

I've mentioned this team before, but looking for trade advice. 12 team / 6x6 (OBP/Holds) / Keep 12 regardless of draft slot...

Would you trade something like Chris Davis and George Springer for Goldschmidt? I can only start 3 OF + 1 Util so I'm always starting Trout/Stanton/Upton with the Util being either Springer/Polanco/Texieria.

Is the upgrade at 1B worth it?

Am I selling too low on Davis or are you buying last year as a fluke?

I've mentioned this team before, but looking for trade advice. 12 team / 6x6 (OBP/Holds) / Keep 12 regardless of draft slot...

Would you trade something like Chris Davis and George Springer for Goldschmidt? I can only start 3 OF + 1 Util so I'm always starting Trout/Stanton/Upton with the Util being either Springer/Polanco/Texieria.

Is the upgrade at 1B worth it?

Am I selling too low on Davis or are you buying last year as a fluke?
Depends if you think Polanco = Springer. If yes, then make the trade. If no then you're right it's hazy. I love Goldschmidt and have always been lower on Chris Davis than everyone else, so I'd probably do it but since you own Davis you're probably higher on him than I am.

Users who are viewing this thread