What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Storm Johnson dynasty buy? (1 Viewer)

I was just offered Terrence Williams and Bobby Rainey for storm Johnson in Odell Beckham Junior (redraft)

I got admitted looks enticing to get Terrence Williams for since like two guys I literally just picked up a couple of days ago, however I am desperately hurting at running back.
Any input on this? The gambler says stick with the Storm but my head days grab T. Williams, (whom I was high on pre draft) for two guys I just picked up a few days ago.
Not the place but hold. Williams cannot currently sustain his TD to RZ target rate and doesn't see the volume to make him a consistent starter if I'm indeed correct.

Catchy name. "Storm is brewing" :lol:

A lot of excitement for a committee back on the team everyone is scrambling to start their defenses against as their top waiver prize.
A Storm is Brewing... Gerhart ruled out I could see Storm handling 15 carries 2-4 catches, goalline
Not to be the sun coming out and ruining your Storm, but we are talking about a rookie RB behind a rookie QB with 3 rookie WRs (and maybe Shorts) behind a bad offensive line. Goal line is low probability.

A lot of excitement for a committee back on the team everyone is scrambling to start their defenses against as their top waiver prize.
A Storm is Brewing... Gerhart ruled out I could see Storm handling 15 carries 2-4 catches, goalline
Not to be the sun coming out and ruining your Storm, but we are talking about a rookie RB behind a rookie QB with 3 rookie WRs (and maybe Shorts) behind a bad offensive line. Goal line is low probability.
Couldn't disagree more.

Oh you mean OPPOSING goalline. Yeah thats not gonna happen.

I'm more worried about his pass pro. and how much that will limit his snaps.

argh! I'm desparate for RB 2 and have Sankey in now (who was supposed to break out last week) --OR CJ or could get Storm as FA. Like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic ...
sankey and storm and be the only person in america watching the titans jags game

Storm was pedestrian, at best, in the preseason. He was frankly pretty fortunate that they didn't have much competition for the 4th RB spot, or he might not have made the team.

Denard outplayed him, and was a higher draft choice merely a year ago. Recent news reports suggest more playing time.

You are looking at the wrong backup.
He's a slow, stiff fumbler. All you need to know.
Let's see if these Page 1 guys were right.

Storm was pedestrian, at best, in the preseason. He was frankly pretty fortunate that they didn't have much competition for the 4th RB spot, or he might not have made the team.

Denard outplayed him, and was a higher draft choice merely a year ago. Recent news reports suggest more playing time.

he doesnt seem to have long speed but he does have burst...and man can he stop on a dime and juke people right outa their shoes

I'd love to see 15-17 carriers and 4-6 targets .. see what the guy can do
That goes back to what I was saying earlier though. The Jags have shown virtually no commitment to the run this year. Gerhart had 18 carries in week one. Since then, the Jags haven't had a single back with more than 10 carries in a game. I think it's insane coaching to be that pass-heavy when you've got a rookie QB, so from that standpoint I'd expect them to wise up at some point and actually try to establish the run. Maybe it happens soon. Maybe it doesn't. Up until now there have been no signs that it's imminent though. So if you're really excited about having the Jags starting RB, think about what that has entailed so far this year: an absolutely brutal lack of usage and efficiency.

I read something that said Gerharts foot has been bothering him since week one and he may have had a high ankle sprain. Perhaps thats the reason he has sucked and not the horrible jags oline.

I read something that said Gerharts foot has been bothering him since week one and he may have had a high ankle sprain. Perhaps thats the reason he has sucked and not the horrible jags oline.
Certainly makes sense given how ugly that injury looked and how little they've used him since. He had 7 carries in the first quarter of that game. He was injured on the 7th. Including the rest of that game, he's been averaging just 2.1 carries per quarter since. The pace is even slower if you just look at the last four games. 30 total carries in 16 quarters. 1.88 carries per quarter. The people who hated him all along will read that as proof of him sucking, but I think it's more complex than that. He simply hasn't been getting any work. Very tough to reveal your "true" talent level on 7.5 carries per game.

What I really want to see is what he can do on 15-20 carries per game over an extended sample size. There's still a scenario in which that could happen at some point this season. He has to get healthy, Storm/Denard have to suck badly enough that they don't make a strong case for keeping the job, and then the Jags have to actually commit to the run. I wouldn't say that's likely, but seasons are long and full of many "mini seasons" in which guys catch fire or run cold for 3-4 games. For the time being he's glued to my bench, but maybe he can play a role in weeks 8+ for a stretch run.

Last edited by a moderator:

Or the other ones like myself who are all over this kid. :hifive:

I'm the one who bumped this thing, sucka! :gang1:

if Gerhart is the albino RB, then almost every RB in the NFL is melanistic

you don't expect really ignorant statements here often - but they pop up don't they?

IF we consider Storm to be in that RB30- RB35+ range, would you agree he has the highest ceiling this Sunday.

So yeah, how much do you believe this hype of getting a "shot" Sunday? Is there much of a chance of Storm starting and taking most all of the snaps?

I am starting Storm this week because Gerhart is OUT and the matchup is good; but, realistically, I am just hoping for 10 fantasy points.

Well they've got a mess of a Titans team, with no starting rb. There is a real chance it's a close game. So who is getting these carries? Denard? Todman? I guess it's possible but I'm thinking it's more than likely Storm playing on obvious running downs, Robinson mixed in as change of pace, Todman in obvious passing situations.

Storm - 15 carries

Robinson - 5 carries

Todman - 2 carries/3 catches

I'm the one who bumped this thing, sucka! :gang1:
Did you draft him at #14 overall in your rookie draft? Cause I did. You can have credit for the bump though :tebow:

If he's going to score a TD he's likely only going to get roughly one chance to do so. No team in the NFL takes fewer trips to the RZ than JAC. They average 1.4 a game. Oof. In comparison, IND takes an average of 5 trip to the RZ per game. As bad as TRich has been in the RZ, you tend to eventually score when you've been given roughly 17 chances (had 15 RZ touches before the HOU game). Remember, opportunity precedes all else when it comes to fantasy.

If he's going to score a TD he's likely only going to get roughly one chance to do so. No team in the NFL takes fewer trips to the RZ than JAC. They average 1.4 a game. Oof. In comparison, IND takes an average of 5 trip to the RZ per game. As bad as TRich has been in the RZ, you tend to eventually score when you've been given roughly 17 chances (had 15 RZ touches before the HOU game). Remember, opportunity precedes all else when it comes to fantasy.
Why the wet blanket with voice of reason? ;)

His best asset seems to be feel/vision which Trich is a testament in that this can't be taught, or takes a long time to teach. Strom seems to be a natural. He also has a quick juke move where he doesn't slow down much while making a man miss in open space. He put that on display a few times. His best display of vision or feeling where the defense was weakest was the dumpoff pass designed to go left that he cut back to the right. That was all Storm. This isn't the game vs Baylor this was against pretty stiff D ranked 8 team. Potential is there.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/storm-johnson-vs-louisville-2013/

Wednesday: a storm was brewing

Thursday: the calm before the storm

Today: The Perfect Storm

Hopefully Monday its not: Quiet Storm
Can you just want a player to be successful because of the wold play and cool special effects you can do with his name? If so, I'm in. Every TD make the Jumbo crack lightning and make thunder noises. Maybe play the beginning of AC/DC's thunderstruck when the Jags are at the ten?

I'm not sure why every site is calling this guy a "Boom or Bust" play for this week. Why Boom OR Bust?

Does it have to be 6 carries for 13 yards or 25 carries for 140 and 2 TDs?

It can't just be 14-66-1? :shrug:

I'm not sure why every site is calling this guy a "Boom or Bust" play for this week. Why Boom OR Bust?

Does it have to be 6 carries for 13 yards or 25 carries for 140 and 2 TDs?

It can't just be 14-66-1? :shrug:
I think 14-66-1 is a boom. I would do a backflip if I had a RB in my lineup that did that.

~12 points is usually nothing to write home about, but in this case it would be great news in the dude's first start.

I'm starting Storm in an important league in a pivotal week 6 matchup out of desperation (injuries/byes), standard scoring.

If he can just get 50-60 YFS I'll consider it a success.

You guys sure do have a low "boom" criteria.
It is relative to expectation. Nobody expects Johnson to go off for 25 fantasy points this week. So if he gets 60+ yards and a touchdown, that would certainly be a higher production than what most people expect and in that sense would certainly be a boom.

You guys sure do have a low "boom" criteria.
It is relative to expectation. Nobody expects Johnson to go off for 25 fantasy points this week. So if he gets 60+ yards and a touchdown, that would certainly be a higher production than what most people expect and in that sense would certainly be a boom.
I expect excellence from all of my players, fella. You think it's easy to get on my roster??

Users who are viewing this thread