What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Storm Johnson dynasty buy? (1 Viewer)

It's called a touchdown.Since you asked...Mr Johnson contributed 7.70 points in my standard scoring league. As it turns out I'm up by 27 with Quickr tonight and my opponent (who was 5-0) is finished so I could have left that spot empty and won comfortably...but since I went with Mr Johnson I have a shot at taking most overall points after this week. Always good to have that tie breaker and every little bit helps.

I stated prior to that that I would consider it a success if Mr Johnson got 50-60 YFS, and although I didn't say it, a TD also qualifies since it is worth as much as 60 yards.

I started Sproles and Storm with Ingram, Pierre Thomas, Reggie Bush, CJ Anderson, and Darrin Reeves on the bench. Those RB's are good enough for this team to win as I also have Peyton, Julius, Julio, TY Hilton, Mike Wallace, and Brian Quick, all of which can start since it's 3WR, 2RB, 1FLX

Any more questions?
Expecting at least one TD from him every week? Or is 17 yards in 11 touches enough to be a successful RB on your FF team?And while we're at it, why is it you're so offended because someone is shocked that you think a single digit FF performance - including a TD in those numbers - is something that you define as a success? Hell, roster John Kuhn and you'll get the same results. Success!
With Pierre Thomas and possibly Mark Ingram available week 7 I don't have to start him. And I won't. I plugged him in this week hoping for 5-6 points in standard and he got 7.70Success

I'm starting Storm in an important league in a pivotal week 6 matchup out of desperation (injuries/byes), standard scoring.

If he can just get 50-60 YFS I'll consider it a success.
Good. Well, the well being of your team is, after all, the whole reason this board and all its contributors exist. What affects it defines success or failure to everyone here.

It's called a touchdown.Since you asked...Mr Johnson contributed 7.70 points in my standard scoring league. As it turns out I'm up by 27 with Quickr tonight and my opponent (who was 5-0) is finished so I could have left that spot empty and won comfortably...but since I went with Mr Johnson I have a shot at taking most overall points after this week. Always good to have that tie breaker and every little bit helps.

I stated prior to that that I would consider it a success if Mr Johnson got 50-60 YFS, and although I didn't say it, a TD also qualifies since it is worth as much as 60 yards.

I started Sproles and Storm with Ingram, Pierre Thomas, Reggie Bush, CJ Anderson, and Darrin Reeves on the bench. Those RB's are good enough for this team to win as I also have Peyton, Julius, Julio, TY Hilton, Mike Wallace, and Brian Quick, all of which can start since it's 3WR, 2RB, 1FLX

Any more questions?
Expecting at least one TD from him every week? Or is 17 yards in 11 touches enough to be a successful RB on your FF team?And while we're at it, why is it you're so offended because someone is shocked that you think a single digit FF performance - including a TD in those numbers - is something that you define as a success? Hell, roster John Kuhn and you'll get the same results. Success!
With Pierre Thomas and possibly Mark Ingram available week 7 I don't have to start him. And I won't. I plugged him in this week hoping for 5-6 points in standard and he got 7.70Success

I'm starting Storm in an important league in a pivotal week 6 matchup out of desperation (injuries/byes), standard scoring.

Good. Well, the well being of your team is, after all, the whole reason this board and all its contributors exist. What affects it defines success or failure to everyone here.
Absolutely.

I am happy to explain every facet of my team in detail to people, such as yourself, you can't help but ask and then draw out long conversations about it.

Next time I will just right in with the whole thing instead of simply saying "Success". No reason to keep it short and simple when you are just going to ask follow up questions, amiright?

Last edited by a moderator:
His performance Sunday was clearly not good, but I blame some of this on the play calling ... The pass:run was very unbalanced ... it's tough to succeed as an offense when you're playing with half the deck

When Donald Brown had 31 carries for 62 yards ... the Chargers still ran the ball 36/63 plays ... the Jags ran 23/75 plays (including 5 attempts from Bortles)

It's easy for a DC when you abandon the run

His performance Sunday was clearly not good, but I blame some of this on the play calling ... The pass:run was very unbalanced ... it's tough to succeed as an offense when you're playing with half the deck

When Donald Brown had 31 carries for 62 yards ... the Chargers still ran the ball 36/63 plays ... the Jags ran 23/75 plays (including 5 attempts from Bortles)

It's easy for a DC when you abandon the run
Yeah, and I think EBF has made this point at least a few times in this and the Gerhardt thread when people were going on about how bad Gerhardt sucks. It's a weird coincidence, apparently every RB on Jacksonville just sucks.

jonboltz said:
Denard outsnaps Storm 30-19.
People are reading too much into this. Denard played more snaps because they went heavy into the screen game which is Denards strength. Like EBF said, the coaching staff doesn't run the ball a lot, so they tried to solve the issue by short/moderate gains through screens instead of actually running the ball. Look at the actual carries. 18 carries overall (not including Borltes scrambles) and Storm got 10 of those, which is promising for a RB in his first start. Sure we can ask for better efficiency instead of 2.1 YPC, but the signs are there that they trust him for early down work more than the others. The real question is what his role will be when Gerhart returns, it's clearly an offensive line problem since they couldn't block the rain from landing on their head with an umbrella...
You say..People are reading to much into the snap count, and then say "Storm got 10 of those, which is promising for a RB in his first start."....hmmm...listen to yourself much?
snaps =/ carries
I think that is obvious to everyone, and not reading too much into snap counts makes sense too, but then following that up by reading too much into 10 carries...priceless
How is seeing that a rookie RB in his first start getting more than 50% of the RB carries, not promising? That's not reading too much into, it's seeing the facts.

If Hyde/Sankey or any of the other rookie RB's got more than 50% in their 1st start people would be saying that it's a good sign for things to come. Do they trust him in pass pro/catching passes yet, no but his role has been defined already which is nice for us to see.

He's a hold for me. His first start was disappointing on some level but I saw just enough where I'll at least let him ride my bench for a second start before I cut bait. The guy is my RB6, so it's not like I need him. Frankly I want him to be good for trade value more than anything as my Top 3 RBs are pretty set.

I'm hoping his second game is a bit more impressive. Probably going to start him or Crowell over Spiller. Unless I can swing a trade this week.

Any more questions?

Absolutely.I am happy to explain every facet of my team in detail to people, such as yourself, you can't help but ask and then draw out long conversations about it.

Next time I will just right in with the whole thing instead of simply saying "Success". No reason to keep it short and simple when you are just going to ask follow up questions, amiright?
The overt point, which I believe you are intentionally missing for your amusement, is that 17 yds in 11 touches is something even a Richardson owner could not claim is a successful day for a RB - unless you're projecting that he scores a couple of TDs every week. The alternative is that you are convinced that anyone here beside you is entralled with the performance of your team. I don't think that's the case but is a possibility I guess.

So I'll leave you to play your cute little games and go forward with discussions with rational people.

RBBC on arguably the worst team in the league...not too exciting. Sadly with the RB landscape this year it's probably worth giving Denard Robinson a loom as a speculative add this week. He's bulked up since the draft and has some nice speed and receiving ability.

My boy has some value this week. Hopefully he isn't inactive again since he's still listed 4th on the depth chart

Rotoworld:

The Florida Times Union singled out RB Storm Johnson as a player in danger of getting cut before Week 1.

Johnson, a seventh-round pick last year, earned just 29 carries as a rookie even though the Jags dealt with injuries at running back. Now they've added a new starter in T.J. Yeldon, leaving Denard Robinson and Toby Gerhart as quality backups. Coach Gus Bradley has been publicly critical of Storm all spring.

Source: Florida Times Union
Jun 16 - 8:02 AM

Rotoworld:

The Florida Times-Union doesn’t project Storm Johnson or Bernard Pierce to make the 53-man roster.

Johnson "is in the most trouble of not making roster," according to reporter Ryan O’Halloran. After a nondescript offseason, Pierce is in danger of losing the final running back spot. The Jaguars like UDFA Corey Grant for his special teams value.

Related: Bernard Pierce, Corey Grant

Source: Florida Times Union
Jun 24 - 4:39 PM

Users who are viewing this thread