What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Storm Johnson dynasty buy? (1 Viewer)

You guys sure do have a low "boom" criteria.
It is relative to expectation. Nobody expects Johnson to go off for 25 fantasy points this week. So if he gets 60+ yards and a touchdown, that would certainly be a higher production than what most people expect and in that sense would certainly be a boom.
I expect excellence from all of my players, fella. You think it's easy to get on my roster??
My apologies coach. Proceed.

It is relative to expectation. Nobody expects Johnson to go off for 25 fantasy points this week. So if he gets 60+ yards and a touchdown, that would certainly be a higher production than what most people expect and in that sense would certainly be a boom.
I expect excellence from all of my players, fella. You think it's easy to get on my roster??
As opposed to the Raiders roster?

:goodposting:

:goodposting:
ouch

He's right. :shrug:

Gotta take all the abuse that comes our way. It'll make it that much sweeter when the Raiders are good in 15 or 20 years.

I think around 50-60 yards on ~15 carries owners will be happy that he got playing time and did something with it. That's all I'm looking for, is a step in the right direction. Add a touchdown and owners will be ecstatic

Adam Caplan @caplannfl · 19m 19 minutes ago
Great opportunity today for #Jaguars rookie RB Storm Johnson at #Titans.

Adam Caplan @caplannfl · 19m 19 minutes ago
Team wanted to move him up weeks ago behind Gerhart, but he was dealing with a lingering ankle injury.

Adam Caplan @caplannfl · 6m 6 minutes ago
Storm Johnson ran a pair of slow 40's at the combine (4.60/4.64), which didn't help. But Jags relied more on his tape, which was promising.

I agree - 15 rushes, 2-3 targets, no fumbles, no missed blocks, maybe 60-70 yards and I'd call that a successful day

A TD would be great , a long run of 20+ yards too

He does that, he's entrenched as the JAX starter IMO

I have Storm on my bench in 3 leagues. Even though he is on my bench in all of them, definitely rooting for a big day. Honestly 15 carries for 65 yards 2 catches for 10 yards and color me happy. A TD, even better. It's light years better than anything Gerhart did and should lock him up as the starter going forward.

What do you think about storm vs. sjax or hillman?

Have these decisions in separate leagues and can't bring myself to put in storm. I would be ok with him going off on my bench because that should bode well for the future.

There it is....Storm starting today!

Let's get em fellas!! Is the sky getting darker???

Storm just went over the Hill (see what I did there?). Starting him over Hill at RB2 this week if that wasn't clear. Ingram, Mathews both hurt left me crying for a RB2 so here's to hoping. Also a guppy match-up for me since I expect to win easily.

There it is....Storm starting today!

Let's get em fellas!! Is the sky getting darker???
There's a Storm Brewing, I been telling guys for weeks this was coming. Hope you guys have your rain coats... 20-100 2 tds 2 catches for 20 yards...

Last edited by a moderator:
RushHour said:
This has 12 carries for 35 yards written all over

it
....and a TD!
Oh yeah, did I forget to mention the TD? Apologies.
In his defense so far, there are 0 holes. His efficiency won't be there for a YPC but his TD is enough to be hopeful about. So far I don't think I've seen him in pass pro or with a catch. Looks like they favor Todman or Robinson there (which I don't blame them)

You want the Jags starting RB on your FF team? Careful what you wish for.

This coaching staff doesn't get it. More of the same this week. 18 carries for the backs. 46 pass attempts for Bortles.

This in a very winnable game against a sad Titans offense.

That ratio should be almost flipped. The Browns are a good example. 36 carries for the backs today. 17 passes for Hoyer. They won comfortably.

The Jags either have zero faith in their line and their backs, way too much faith in Bortles, zero common sense, or all of the above.

You want the Jags starting RB on your FF team? Careful what you wish for.

This coaching staff doesn't get it. More of the same this week. 18 carries for the backs. 46 pass attempts for Bortles.

This in a very winnable game against a sad Titans offense.

That ratio should be almost flipped. The Browns are a good example. 36 carries for the backs today. 17 passes for Hoyer. They won comfortably.

The Jags either have zero faith in their line and their backs, way too much faith in Bortles, zero common sense, or all of the above.
The Browns can run block. The Jaguars have repeatedly demonstrated that they cannot. Doesn't matter who the back is.

Raider Nation said:
Neither boom, nor bust.

:grad:
For a 1 week spot start in a redraft-in terms of absolute points scored- sure.

By any other measure, big bust. 10/21 barely salvaged by a totally random 1 yard TD. No sign of being any different from any other back they've trotted out.

Raider Nation said:
Neither boom, nor bust.

:grad:
technically fantasy wise you are correct but id call the game a huge bust. 2 ypc and barely used in the second half vs one of the worst teams in football is bad.

jonboltz said:
Denard outsnaps Storm 30-19.
People are reading too much into this. Denard played more snaps because they went heavy into the screen game which is Denards strength. Like EBF said, the coaching staff doesn't run the ball a lot, so they tried to solve the issue by short/moderate gains through screens instead of actually running the ball. Look at the actual carries. 18 carries overall (not including Borltes scrambles) and Storm got 10 of those, which is promising for a RB in his first start. Sure we can ask for better efficiency instead of 2.1 YPC, but the signs are there that they trust him for early down work more than the others. The real question is what his role will be when Gerhart returns, it's clearly an offensive line problem since they couldn't block the rain from landing on their head with an umbrella...

It's called a touchdown.

Since you asked...Mr Johnson contributed 7.70 points in my standard scoring league. As it turns out I'm up by 27 with Quickr tonight and my opponent (who was 5-0) is finished so I could have left that spot empty and won comfortably...but since I went with Mr Johnson I have a shot at taking most overall points after this week. Always good to have that tie breaker and every little bit helps.

I stated prior to that that I would consider it a success if Mr Johnson got 50-60 YFS, and although I didn't say it, a TD also qualifies since it is worth as much as 60 yards.

I started Sproles and Storm with Ingram, Pierre Thomas, Reggie Bush, CJ Anderson, and Darrin Reeves on the bench. Those RB's are good enough for this team to win as I also have Peyton, Julius, Julio, TY Hilton, Mike Wallace, and Brian Quick, all of which can start since it's 3WR, 2RB, 1FLX

Any more questions?

jonboltz said:
People are reading too much into this. Denard played more snaps because they went heavy into the screen game which is Denards strength. Like EBF said, the coaching staff doesn't run the ball a lot, so they tried to solve the issue by short/moderate gains through screens instead of actually running the ball. Look at the actual carries. 18 carries overall (not including Borltes scrambles) and Storm got 10 of those, which is promising for a RB in his first start. Sure we can ask for better efficiency instead of 2.1 YPC, but the signs are there that they trust him for early down work more than the others. The real question is what his role will be when Gerhart returns, it's clearly an offensive line problem since they couldn't block the rain from landing on their head with an umbrella...
You say..People are reading to much into the snap count, and then say "Storm got 10 of those, which is promising for a RB in his first start."....hmmm...listen to yourself much?
snaps =/ carries

jonboltz said:
You say..People are reading to much into the snap count, and then say "Storm got 10 of those, which is promising for a RB in his first start."....hmmm...listen to yourself much?
snaps =/ carries
I think that is obvious to everyone, and not reading too much into snap counts makes sense too, but then following that up by reading too much into 10 carries...priceless
I understood what he was trying to say.

It's called a touchdown.Since you asked...Mr Johnson contributed 7.70 points in my standard scoring league. As it turns out I'm up by 27 with Quickr tonight and my opponent (who was 5-0) is finished so I could have left that spot empty and won comfortably...but since I went with Mr Johnson I have a shot at taking most overall points after this week. Always good to have that tie breaker and every little bit helps.

I stated prior to that that I would consider it a success if Mr Johnson got 50-60 YFS, and although I didn't say it, a TD also qualifies since it is worth as much as 60 yards.

I started Sproles and Storm with Ingram, Pierre Thomas, Reggie Bush, CJ Anderson, and Darrin Reeves on the bench. Those RB's are good enough for this team to win as I also have Peyton, Julius, Julio, TY Hilton, Mike Wallace, and Brian Quick, all of which can start since it's 3WR, 2RB, 1FLX

Any more questions?
Expecting at least one TD from him every week? Or is 17 yards in 11 touches enough to be a successful RB on your FF team?

And while we're at it, why is it you're so offended because someone is shocked that you think a single digit FF performance - including a TD in those numbers - is something that you define as a success? Hell, roster John Kuhn and you'll get the same results. Success!

It's called a touchdown.Since you asked...Mr Johnson contributed 7.70 points in my standard scoring league. As it turns out I'm up by 27 with Quickr tonight and my opponent (who was 5-0) is finished so I could have left that spot empty and won comfortably...but since I went with Mr Johnson I have a shot at taking most overall points after this week. Always good to have that tie breaker and every little bit helps.

Any more questions?
Expecting at least one TD from him every week? Or is 17 yards in 11 touches enough to be a successful RB on your FF team?

And while we're at it, why is it you're so offended because someone is shocked that you think a single digit FF performance - including a TD in those numbers - is something that you define as a success? Hell, roster John Kuhn and you'll get the same results. Success!
With Pierre Thomas and possibly Mark Ingram available week 7 I don't have to start him. And I won't. I plugged him in this week hoping for 5-6 points in standard and he got 7.70

Success

I'm starting Storm in an important league in a pivotal week 6 matchup out of desperation (injuries/byes), standard scoring.

If he can just get 50-60 YFS I'll consider it a success.

Users who are viewing this thread