What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Washington Redskins 2014 Thread (In-Season) (1 Viewer)

Well, the Bears have benched Jay Cutler.

That pretty much means that the Redskins will try to trade for him. Maybe give the Bears Griffin and two number ones.

After signing Cutler, the Redskins fan base will predict a Super Bowl this year. Jay Gruden will proclaim Cutler "just the type of guy we need here in Washington." Bruce Allen will announce this is a "new era for the Washington Redskins." Dan Snyder will remain eerily silent. Tony Wylie will say, "no means no."

In the following season, the Redskins will go 3-13. Jay Gruden will complain that Cutler "can't do the things we need him to do" and replace him with Colt McCoy. General misery will ensue.

OK, I'm half joking...
LOL, groundhog day (movie)!
I got you Jay.

That pretty much means that the Redskins will try to trade for him. Maybe give the Bears Griffin and two number ones.

After signing Cutler, the Redskins fan base will predict a Super Bowl this year. Jay Gruden will proclaim Cutler "just the type of guy we need here in Washington." Bruce Allen will announce this is a "new era for the Washington Redskins." Dan Snyder will remain eerily silent. Tony Wylie will say, "no means no."

In the following season, the Redskins will go 3-13. Jay Gruden will complain that Cutler "can't do the things we need him to do" and replace him with Colt McCoy. General misery will ensue.

OK, I'm half joking...
urrgh, I would not be surprised to see that happen. I also wouldn't be surprised if they brought everyone back again next season.

OK, I'm half joking...
urrgh, I would not be surprised to see that happen. I also wouldn't be surprised if they brought everyone back again next season.
They'll move Trent Williams to guard. That'll fix things.

The FCC dismisses the case against the Redskins name. :thumbup:
Mike Florio will be furious. Look for 10-15 articles on PFT this morning...
Actually, I was surprised that he didn't have anything on it this morning. Wondering if he was avoiding any positive news about the name.
I notice that he tends to do this.

I like PFT, but he definitely has an axe to grind and he's not above slanting his site...

No one has confirmed Russini's report. But listening to sports talk, it sure sounds like Allen, Gruden, and Griffin will all be back next year.

Is there any truth to the report that Jay Gruden has been told by management that he will be back next year? Seems a little premature with two games left to play in a 3-11 season and with so much turmoil. – Joe Miller, Owings, Md.

It’s definitely premature. If this was a stable organization, then maybe it would not be. But this is far from that. Redskins officials and Gruden have definitely talked about the future, and preliminary plans for handling certain situations, but these are not official performance-evaluation discussions.

Gruden signed a five-year deal that was fully guaranteed, and so there’s no need during the season to have “your job is safe” talks. And a lot can happen between now and the offseason. This time last year, Daniel Snyder told Mike Shanahan that he wanted him to come back for a fifth year, and we all know how that ended.

Snyder and Allen want Gruden back, as of now. But I’ve also been around this team long enough to know that nothing is ever set in stone. This offseason could definitely be filled with contention, particularly over the quarterback position, and because of that, there’s no telling what will happen with Gruden. People close to Snyder and Allen say those two are not ready to give up on Robert Griffin III.

But Gruden has expressed a reluctance to continue this experiment, leading some within the organization to believe there could be a showdown between brass and coach that could leave Snyder having to choose between his quarterback and a head coach for a second straight offseason.

Also, there could be two catastrophic losses and corresponding eruptions that change ownership or management’s minds. So, taking all that into account, and the track record of this owner and team, you can never say
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2014/12/16/redskins-mailbag-jay-grudens-future-and-robert-griffin-iiis-to-do-list/

John Keim @john_keim · 22 hrs22 hours ago
I'd be surprised if the Redskins don't hire a full-time QB coach in the offseason.
That would be a good idea if Gruden's coming back. It seems the only thing he thinks about is QB play, a lot like Zorn. Give somebody else the QB coach job. There's a whole team that's playing badly that needs attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
fatness said:
John Keim @john_keim · 22 hrs22 hours ago

I'd be surprised if the Redskins don't hire a full-time QB coach in the offseason.
That would be a good idea if Gruden's coming back. It seems the only thing he thinks about is QB play, a lot like Zorn. Give somebody else the QB coach job. There's a whole team that's playing badly that needs attention.
I don't think you've been paying attention. Griffin is the problem so Jay just has to work on him and then he IS giving the whole team his attention

Heading down to Williamsburg today. I don't think my in-laws have NFL network. Maybe I will take my sons to a restaurant to watch the game. Or maybe I won't. Really hard to get up for today's game.

Heading down to Williamsburg today. I don't think my in-laws have NFL network. Maybe I will take my sons to a restaurant to watch the game. Or maybe I won't. Really hard to get up for today's game.
The weeks that their games have been blacked out here I found good streams on wiziwig, if that helps.

I don't recall a game that has meant less. It looks like the draft choice is going to be in the 5-7 range, I don't think it matters how Griffin plays or how Gruden coaches. Everyone's coming back next year to re-hash this nonsense.

Redskins fans: if you were an underdog in your fantasy bowl this week, would you have the stones to roll out Griffen over Wilson?
Personally I would not, I just feel like Gruden has really scaled back the passing game for Griffin and made it very dink and dunk and it really caps the upside. And because Wilson has been running a lot, Griffin doesn't really have an edge there either IMO.

There's a possibility Griffin connects with Desean for a long one and rushes for 50 and a TD but it's not that likely IMO. Wilson probably has comparable ceiling and a much safer floor.

Hope Danny looks around the stadium filled with Eagles and says to Allen

"Sorry pal but i am going have to bring in a proven GM"

What he is really saying is "Hey their money is good here too. Who cares if they aren't Skins fans as long as they are willing to pay $9 for old beer than I am making money"

Looks half full right now but if it is like the Rams game there is about 10 - 15K fans trying to get into the stadium right now

Last edited by a moderator:

What he is really saying is "Hey their money is good here too. Who cares if they aren't Skins fans as long as they are willing to pay $9 for old beer than I am making money"

Looks half fun right now but if it is like the Rams game there is about 10 - 15K fans trying to get into the stadium right now

Gotta hand it to Kerrigan, he has been very good all year. Only player you can really say that about. They should lock him up now and try to get a discount rather than let him hit FA. He's legit.

southeastjerome said:
Gotta hand it to Kerrigan, he has been very good all year. Only player you can really say that about. They should lock him up now and try to get a discount rather than let him hit FA. He's legit.
Keenan Robinson and Breeland as well.

Welp now we pick later.

Happy to crush the eagles hopes, but not happy to help out the cowboys
"You play to win the game."

I believe winning is always better. Draft picks aside, many of these guys will still be on the team and need to learn to win. Winning is always better. We still have a long way to go but I'm really happy for the guys that they didn't give up. It says a lot that they didn't quit, seriously.

Welp now we pick later.

Happy to crush the eagles hopes, but not happy to help out the cowboys
"You play to win the game."

I believe winning is always better. Draft picks aside, many of these guys will still be on the team and need to learn to win. Winning is always better. We still have a long way to go but I'm really happy for the guys that they didn't give up. It says a lot that they didn't quit, seriously.
Completely agree.

Users who are viewing this thread