What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NFC Championship GB@Seattle (1 Viewer)

Anyone who thinks GB has no shot is fooling themselves. I give them roughly a 30% chance of winning. When you have Rodgers, Cobb and Nelson along with the currnet NFL rules you have a shot vs anyone, even the LOB. I think GB will be able to move the ball and score vs Seattle. The issue for them will be stopping Lynch and a scrambling Wilson. Inclement weather would favor Seattle IMO.
Of course they have a shot. When you have the best QB in the league and you win 13 games, you are pretty damn good.

And for those saying SF and Seattle were clearly the cream of the crop lat year, they forget Denver was the favorite in the Super Bowl. Underdogs have won the lat three Super Bowls in fact, and five of the last seven.
The public overvalues offense. I'm pretty convinced that SF would have wiped the floor with Denver last year, and were pretty clearly the 2nd best team in the league.
This...What does the 3 point line mean when it missed reality by 38 points

I'm also not sure Seattle is the better rushing team. Green Bay runs whenever they want to run on anyone they want to run on. At least they did for the last month or so. Lacy hung 100 on Detroit who has a better rush defense than Seattle does. They are going to move the ball on the ground. So is Seattle.
Detroit was ranked 1st in run defense...Seattle was 3rd. Detroit "has a better rush defense." Okay...I guess that's fair..even though it's close and we know Seattle's run D improved in the last half of the season.

Seattle was number 1 in run offense....Green Bay was 11th. You aren't sure "Seattle is the better rushing team."

Alright then.
The thing is, Wilson accounts for a lot of those rushing yards right? Well, I thought about that a little bit (scary I know) and those numbers are skewed quite a bit because of the teams' respective offensive philosophies. Marshawn is phenomenal no doubt. But so is Lacy. Wilson pads those rushing numbers but really isn't close to Rodgers in passing numbers. He's very good, maybe as good as Rodgers even.

Where Wilson might rush for 25 yards on a scramble, Rodgers is more inclined to throw. But on designed runs, I put Lacy up against anyone this week (unless that asthmas thing rears its ugly head again).

I'm also not sure Seattle is the better rushing team. Green Bay runs whenever they want to run on anyone they want to run on. At least they did for the last month or so. Lacy hung 100 on Detroit who has a better rush defense than Seattle does. They are going to move the ball on the ground. So is Seattle.
Detroit was ranked 1st in run defense...Seattle was 3rd. Detroit "has a better rush defense." Okay...I guess that's fair..even though it's close and we know Seattle's run D improved in the last half of the season.

Seattle was number 1 in run offense....Green Bay was 11th. You aren't sure "Seattle is the better rushing team."

Alright then.
The thing is, Wilson accounts for a lot of those rushing yards right? Well, I thought about that a little bit (scary I know) and those numbers are skewed quite a bit because of the teams' respective offensive philosophies. Marshawn is phenomenal no doubt. But so is Lacy. Wilson pads those rushing numbers but really isn't close to Rodgers in passing numbers. He's very good, maybe as good as Rodgers even.

Where Wilson might rush for 25 yards on a scramble, Rodgers is more inclined to throw. But on designed runs, I put Lacy up against anyone this week (unless that asthmas thing rears its ugly head again).
We're two homers so I doubt there is going to be a meaningful debate here, but if GB asked Seattle to switch RBs for this game I think Seattle probably doesn't stop laughing until after they win the Super Bowl. On the other hand they would give Seattle Lacy, Starks, and throw in one of their Lombardi trophies to get Lynch for this game.

I know GB fans want to think they have the "next Marshawn Lynch" but I've never seen Lacy throw people around like Lynch has done many, many times over the past three years.

Alright then.

We're two homers so I doubt there is going to be a meaningful debate here, but if GB asked Seattle to switch RBs for this game I think Seattle probably doesn't stop laughing until after they win the Super Bowl. On the other hand they would give Seattle Lacy, Starks, and throw in one of their Lombardi trophies to get Lynch for this game.

I know GB fans want to think they have the "next Marshawn Lynch" but I've never seen Lacy throw people around like Lynch has done many, many times over the past three years.
Uhm, Lacy has only been in the league for 2 seasons. Lynch wasn't throwing anybody around until well after he got to Seattle - his 7th year in the league.

And don't get all worked up - GB wouldn't do anything to get Lynch "for this game". You can have him - he's a malcontent, IMO. We were winning Superbowl trophies long before Lynch got to Seattle (and, in fact, long before there was a "Seattle" team) and we'll continue to win them long after he leaves. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Alright then.

Uhm, Lacy has only been in the league for 2 seasons. Lynch wasn't throwing anybody around until well after he got to Seattle - his 7th year in the league.

And don't get all worked up - GB wouldn't do anything to get Lynch "for this game". You can have him - he's a malcontent, IMO. We were winning Superbowl trophies long before Lynch got to Seattle (and, in fact, long before there was a "Seattle" team) and we'll continue to win them long after he leaves. :)
Agreed that maybe in a couple of seasons Lacy will be as good as Lynch.

Alright then.

Lynch was traded to Seattle in the middle of his 4th year, also the year of the BeastQuake. But I suppose we can compare apples to apples if you'd like. I invite you to watch an Eddie Lacy 2014 compilation and the a 2008 Marshawn Lynch version.

Eddie Lacy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiiwx0CJP_U

Marshawn Lynch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdgTIeJWRIs

Maybe I'm seeing only what I want to see, but those two don't even look the same. Lacy looks slow and weak with no wiggle by comparison.

Packer fans: let's make a deal

We won't say Wilson is as good as Rodgers, and you guys won't say that Lacy is as good as Lynch. Mmkay?

Alright then.

Lynch was traded to Seattle in the middle of his 4th year, also the year of the BeastQuake. But I suppose we can compare apples to apples if you'd like. I invite you to watch an Eddie Lacy 2014 compilation and the a 2008 Marshawn Lynch version.

Eddie Lacy:

Marshawn Lynch:

Maybe I'm seeing only what I want to see, but those two don't even look the same. Lacy looks slow and weak with no wiggle by comparison.
That's right, because they're two separate and distinct RBs and Lacy and Lynch has 7 more years on Lacy.

Besides, the only one comparing Lacy to Lynch ARE YOU SEATTLE FANS! GB fans don't want Lynch - who gave you that impression? Lynch is going to hit that wall real soon anyways - maybe as soon as next year.

We won't say Wilson is as good as Rodgers, and you guys won't say that Lacy is as good as Lynch. Mmkay?
Who's saying that? Does anyone think Lacy is as good as Lynch at this point in his career? Lynch has 7 years on Lacy.

Alright then.

Eddie Lacy:

Marshawn Lynch:

That's right, because they're two separate and distinct RBs and Lacy and Lynch has 7 more years on Lacy.

Besides, the only one comparing Lacy to Lynch ARE YOU SEATTLE FANS! GB fans don't want Lynch - who gave you that impression? Lynch is going to hit that wall real soon anyways - maybe as soon as next year.
Lynch has 7 years of what on Lacy? One is 28, the other 24.

Alright then.

Eddie Lacy:

Marshawn Lynch:

Lynch has 7 years of what on Lacy? One is 28, the other 24.
7 years in the NFL.

In 15 years Rodgers won't be as good as some kid who is 13 right now #fact
That's even more ridiculous than you making up some point about GB fans wanting Lynch instead of Lacy.

I was responding to that. He intimated that Lacy was Lynch's equal. Sorry I messed that up. Are you ever pleasant? Do you ever try to be funny?

Alright then.
The thing is, Wilson accounts for a lot of those rushing yards right? Well, I thought about that a little bit (scary I know) and those numbers are skewed quite a bit because of the teams' respective offensive philosophies. Marshawn is phenomenal no doubt. But so is Lacy. Wilson pads those rushing numbers but really isn't close to Rodgers in passing numbers. He's very good, maybe as good as Rodgers even. Where Wilson might rush for 25 yards on a scramble, Rodgers is more inclined to throw. But on designed runs, I put Lacy up against anyone this week (unless that asthmas thing rears its ugly head again).

Eddie Lacy:

Marshawn Lynch:

Ah, got ya. In that case he has 6 years on Lacy.

MaxThreshold said:
biju said:
Sabertooth said:
Dinkle Heimer said:
Sabertooth said:

Alright then.
The thing is, Wilson accounts for a lot of those rushing yards right? Well, I thought about that a little bit (scary I know) and those numbers are skewed quite a bit because of the teams' respective offensive philosophies. Marshawn is phenomenal no doubt. But so is Lacy. Wilson pads those rushing numbers but really isn't close to Rodgers in passing numbers. He's very good, maybe as good as Rodgers even. Where Wilson might rush for 25 yards on a scramble, Rodgers is more inclined to throw. But on designed runs, I put Lacy up against anyone this week (unless that asthmas thing rears its ugly head again).

OH SNAP!

proninja said:

I dont think he is as good as Lynch....doesn't mean we would give up a bunch to have him instead.

proninja said:

I dont think he is as good as Lynch....doesn't mean we would give up a bunch to have him instead.
Let's not compare running game oriented teams (past) to modern day aerial games..

P.S. Without Rodgers , we probably wouldn't be discussing the subject

biju said:
Sabertooth said:
Dinkle Heimer said:
Sabertooth said:

Alright then.

And yet their numbers are not that different. Lynch is great, but I don't think you understand how good Lacy is.

proninja said:
MaxThreshold said:
proninja said:
In 15 years Rodgers won't be as good as some kid who is 13 right now #fact
That's even more ridiculous than you making up some point about GB fans wanting Lynch instead of Lacy.
Sabertooth said:

I was responding to that. He intimated that Lacy was Lynch's equal. Sorry I messed that up. Are you ever pleasant? Do you ever try to be funny?
What makes Lynch so much better than Lacy because over the last month of the season, their numbers are pretty even.

No way I'm staying under control this week. But you guys already knew that.
Eh, I'm pretty routine here. Some little jabs for fun, but I get bored with it quick. I hope this game is as good as last year's CG. That was one hell of a ride at the stadium...

Seattle killed these guys week one. Rodgers is playing on one leg. Any given Sunday.....should be a great game.
Exactly, why would it change now?Seattle will kill them again.
Nothing. They will be destroyed.
:thumbup:

They have no chance. Shouldn't even play the game.
The only thing that can come from this game is the utter annihilation of the Packers. They will probably fold up the franchise and take their 13 Championships and call it a good run.

Seattle killed these guys week one. Rodgers is playing on one leg. Any given Sunday.....should be a great game.
Exactly, why would it change now?Seattle will kill them again.
Nothing. They will be destroyed.
:thumbup:

They have no chance. Shouldn't even play the game.
The only thing that can come from this game is the utter annihilation of the Packers. They will probably fold up the franchise and take their 13 Championships and call it a good run.
Hell, McCarthy should just throw the white flag now. Why chance getting a player killed for next year.

Green Bay fans remind me of the Bronco fans last year....grasping at straws and delusional about their own team. There is always a chance that they win, but Seattle's strength on offense is GB's weakness on defense. Green Bays strength on offense plays to the Seahawks strength. I don't think this is going to be much of a game.

Green Bay fans remind me of the Bronco fans last year....grasping at straws and delusional about their own team. There is always a chance that they win, but Seattle's strength on offense is GB's weakness on defense. Green Bays strength on offense plays to the Seahawks strength. I don't think this is going to be much of a game.
Please point out where any Packers fan has been delusional about this Packers team in this thread or anytime recently?

I don't expect you will actually answer with anything of substance.

Please point out where any Packers fan has been delusional about this Packers team in this thread or anytime recently?

Then why bother responding to him :confused:

Then why bother responding to him :confused:
Cause sometimes its fun to expose his complete BS claim.

biju said:
Sabertooth said:
Dinkle Heimer said:
Sabertooth said:

Alright then.

I am a Packer fan. I would prefer a healthy Lynch from three and two years ago. This year I have them pretty even with a very slight nod to Lynch (who is not the player of three years ago any longer), but that only applies to a healthy Lynch. If his back is at all balky, as it has been at times this year, I absolutely favor Lacy.

BTW, Seattle is right to be confident. They would be right to be confident and to have swagger even were Rodger's healthy. Seattle is a magnificent team, frustrating to play, and doubly so at their house. That said they have had a few performances this year against average teams further reduced by injury were they have lost, or were they have produced remarkably few points. They can be had. Of course they have also rolled some good teams pretty convincingly the past two years. When they are rolling they are something to behold. They can absolutely steamroll anybody when they really get it rolling on both sides of the ball.

Here's hoping for a controversy free game with both teams emerging healthy. Best wishes you Seahawk fans.

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=723911&p=17676579

Page 1 post 12.

biju said:
Sabertooth said:
Dinkle Heimer said:
Sabertooth said:

Alright then.

I am a Packer fan. I would prefer a healthy Lynch from three and two years ago. This year I have them pretty even with a very slight nod to Lynch (who is not the player of three years ago any longer), but that only applies to a healthy Lynch. If his back is at all balky, as it has been at times this year, I absolutely favor Lacy.

BTW, Seattle is right to be confident. They would be right to be confident and to have swagger even were Rodger's healthy. Seattle is a magnificent team, frustrating to play, and doubly so at their house. That said they have had a few performances this year against average teams further reduced by injury were they have lost, or were they have produced remarkably few points. They can be had. Of course they have also rolled some good teams pretty convincingly the past two years. When they are rolling they are something to behold. They can absolutely steamroll anybody when they really get it rolling on both sides of the ball.

Here's hoping for a controversy free game with both teams emerging healthy. Best wishes you Seahawk fans.
Overall I agree with everything said here with the exception of the "severity" in which I would prefer Marshawn, but that's like more homerism than anything else.

To be super clear I'm nowhere near where I was last Tuesday. Last week I had 100% confidence we would win. This feels much more in the 60-70% range--it's enough to be confident and fake cocky, but in reality I'll be very nervous as I'm heading to the stadium. I'll need to take public transportation so I can drink away the butterflies. Damn, it feels like *I* am playing in the game...

Seattle hasn't beaten a good team since September, and they're 0-2 against the only decent competition they faced over that stretch, including 0-1 at home.

Since they faced GB last, they unceremoniously dismissed their single biggest source of all purpose yardage from that game, and have yet to put up a single decent showing against a competent NFL team since cutting Harvin.

Homers want to make a big deal about team meeting wonderworks and addition by subtraction, but the big feathers in the cap of this team since the Harvin fiasco are beating Ryan Lindley, edging out the Raiders, and winning a home playoff game against history's worst playoff team.

They seem like a dead-bang NFL analogue to this year's FSU squad. Last year is still in the books, and you can only play the teams on your schedule, but when you look closely at each game, there's not much there causing the league's best teams any sleepless nights.

I mean, it's an any given Sunday league, so they've got a puncher's chance. But I have to think the Pack has the edge.

I just hope it's close. :shrug:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=723911&p=17676579Page 1 post 12.
What was delusional about his post?

Seattle hasn't beaten a good team since September, and they're 0-2 against the only decent competition they faced over that stretch, including 0-1 at home.

Since they faced GB last, they unceremoniously dismissed their single biggest source of all purpose yardage from that game, and have yet to put up a single decent showing against a competent NFL team since cutting Harvin.

Homers want to make a big deal about team meeting wonderworks and addition by subtraction, but the big feathers in the cap of this team since the Harvin fiasco are beating Ryan Lindley, edging out the Raiders, and winning a home playoff game against history's worst playoff team.

They seem like a dead-bang NFL analogue to this year's FSU squad. Last year is still in the books, and you can only play the teams on your schedule, but when you look closely at each game, there's not much there causing the league's best teams any sleepless nights.

I mean, it's an any given Sunday league, so they've got a puncher's chance. But I have to think the Pack has the edge.

I just hope it's close. :shrug:
Well Done! It's good to see some bravado coming from Packer fans.

You do realize the stretch of games at the time of their final 6 was one of the toughest in football? Its not their fault they beat them all down and made them look silly.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2014/final-2014-dvoa-ratings

Read that and learn that nothing you said is correct. Facts are the facts.

Users who are viewing this thread