What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What College Football Program Do You Follow and Why? (1 Viewer)

Oregon. I grew up walking distance to Autzen Stadium and have been a Duck fan my whole life. The Ducks were terrible when I was young and I remember how thrilled I was when they made a bowl game, the Independence Bowl back in the late 80's. It is unbelievable how good things have changed.

Buckeyes, of course. Spent all of my childhood years within 30 minutes of The 'Shoe. Followed them my whole life as a proper Buckeye should. Went to Optometry school at tOSU, as well.

Oregon. I grew up walking distance to Autzen Stadium and have been a Duck fan my whole life. The Ducks were terrible when I was young and I remember how thrilled I was when they made a bowl game, the Independence Bowl back in the late 80's. It is unbelievable how good things have changed.
I wasn't much of a college football fan growing up, more of a hoops guy, but became a Ducks fan when I hit campus in 1990. And yes, it's been quite a ride since those days! Thanks Uncle Phil!

Notre Dame. I've got a family connection back to the Leahy days and was always interested in attending growing up (as a good little Irish Catholic boy).

Gators.

Born in Gainesville and grew up going to Gator football games. Went to UF for undergrad. Wife went to UF for undergrad and med school. Both parents went to UF. Mother in-law went to UF. Brother went to UF. Several extended family members went to UF.

Michigan. My dad was an alum and has season tix so I've been going since I was old enough to walk.

Oegon. Oregonian born and raised, and my dad has been a fan aince before I was born. I went to a small private school with no sports.

None.

I don't follow college football.

All my football time is reserved for the NFL.
This is on par with this:

MLK is a government functionary and banker holiday.

Those of us in the productive class will be working, just as we do on President's Day, Columbus Day and Veterans Day.

I also like work on Independence Day, Memorial Day and Labor Day.

And if I want to go hiking on a random Wednesday afternoon, I do that too.

But hey, enjoy your three day weekend!

Wisconsin.

Grew up there...family went there.

Went to Tennessee Tech...not much of a sports program there.

None.

Those of us in the productive class will be working, just as we do on President's Day, Columbus Day and Veterans Day.

Lol

LSU - family, state, history, plus Death Valley is fantastic.
College men from LSU...
What means this?
It's part of the lyrics of a Randy Newman song. I won't repeat it, you might get upset.

Anyhow, I generally root for LSU in the SEC. :thumbup: Especially when they play Alabama. And your current running back is about as good as...anybody I've seen in recent years.
lol

Many, and it changes every few years.

I grew up in the northeast and college football is a third tier sport there. Seriously it's The four pro teams, MLS, WWE, College hockey, WNBA, Bc football, candlepin bowling and then the rest of the college teams. As a big college football fan I found it disgusting that BC on occasion would play Miami or Va Tech at home on a Thursday night with the ACC crown on the line and have the place 3/4 full and half the student body still in the parking lot half way through the first quarter. Needless to say they do college football all wrong in the northeast.

Me and a bunch of close friends were much more into the college football then most others. Some of us are D2 college coaches.... I put on the stripes. We also started a NCAA football fantasy league 13 years ago. We have it in a dynasty format so it's all about scouting the programs and young kids coming in. As a result through the years I've focused in on many different programs as some of "my kids" have grown into elite players and NFL pros.

Right now I'm focused on LSU as I drafted Leonard Fournette coming out of high school. I'm excited to see what LSU will do this year and I'm expecting they will be ready for a NC run in 2016.

None.

Pulling out six - month old Jack White quotes?

Impressive.

Not seeing the linkage, though.

I just don't watch college football. I'm sure I'm not alone in that camp.

Wisconsin

My father was a Bucky fan and I grew up watching terrible football in the 80s. We were punching bags because we watched terrible Packer teams too. But he taught me to stick with the team that got you there. I did go to school there for a year before I drank too much and did a lot of drugs and got kicked out. But Bucky will always be my team.

Wisconsin

My father was a Bucky fan and I grew up watching terrible football in the 80s. We were punching bags because we watched terrible Packer teams too. But he taught me to stick with the team that got you there. I did go to school there for a year before I drank too much and did a lot of drugs and got kicked out. But Bucky will always be my team.
I went to a couple of Rose Bowls against Wisconsin, years ago. UCLA lost both of them but...Wisconsin fans are the nicest fans I have ever met (with the possible example of Texas Longhorns fans.)

None.

Pulling out six - month old Jack White quotes?Impressive.

Not seeing the linkage, though.

I just don't watch college football. I'm sure I'm not alone in that camp.
Kind of confirms the general consensus of you being a boring dooshcanoe IMHO. Not liking college football is not only unAmerican, it's ignorant. Best sport evah.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to a school without football...(but 30 National Championships in other NCAA sports)....so I root for

Auburn - my wife went there and now have a daughter going there - been to quite a few Iron bowls and Bowl games.

CU - My daughter went to school there and a lot of friends - so I always like to see them do well. I've attended some really big games in the past 35 years - and some really bad ones

On a bit lower level when I'm watching games...

CSU Rams - have grown to love the small guys in the state

Air Force - a fantastic team over the years to watch and root for

finally I like the Wyoming Cowboys - I have several friends to went there and Laramie is a fun place on football days.

South Carolina Fighting Gamecocks!

Started following Frank McGuire's basketball teams in the 70s and became a Gamecock fan for life.

I've had season football tickets since the 1986 season.

Illinois because of the high quality of play and excellent treatment of the players.

(Okay it's cuz it's my alma mater - at least we had Red Grange)

-QG

LSU - family, state, history, plus Death Valley is fantastic.
College men from LSU...No Tulane? Is Bob Toledo still there? (What a schmuck.)
Yes, actually I have a relative who helped found the Sugar Bowl, the idea was that Tulane was the best team in the SEC, there was only the Rose Bowl as the only other bowl game, yadayada.... well needless to say that dissipated. That's an arm of the family that (for the most part) gotten over it. I have an uncle who when LSU last won the National Championship I asked him what he thought, and he sang, "Ovvverrrrateeeed!"

Actually I've met Bob Toledo. It was easy to do, the Tulane radio show was at the back of Bruno's bar and you could walk right in and talk to him. It ask him a question on the radio.

Users who are viewing this thread