What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Where the hell is Shiek? (1 Viewer)

This place sucks anymore. It's pretty much just people arguing about politics, news stories or racism. The past couple of days I've looked at the threads and have had zero interest in joining the arguments. And even the good TV show threads eventually devolve into which women are the hottest on the shows.

It's kind of sad what this place has become. Sadly, I'm still not that busy at work a lot of days, so I'm forced to skim this page. But for the most part, I just spend time reading news sites over and over. :shrug:

This place sucks anymore. It's pretty much just people arguing about politics, news stories or racism. The past couple of days I've looked at the threads and have had zero interest in joining the arguments. And even the good TV show threads eventually devolve into which women are the hottest on the shows.

It's kind of sad what this place has become. Sadly, I'm still not that busy at work a lot of days, so I'm forced to skim this page. But for the most part, I just spend time reading news sites over and over. :shrug:
Kind of enjoy that part.

But have you visited the shark pool lately?

I've never visited that place.

I've never visited that place.
Well guy, I just found out Geno Smith is out for 3 months bc an UDFA broke his jaw in a locker room altercation, so suck it!

If it will help, we can talk about which dudes are the hottest.

There's a horrible irony here - I get a little fed up with all the politics, news stories, and racism too...but I often like a good IronSheik thread. I mean, in the winter, the weather updates are superb. The Kim Jong Un status updates are always good for a few jokes about Dear Leader. Who doesn't like a good incompetent yard care story? And lest we not forget about posts about stupid people, and things that make our "junk tingle."

So what does this mean? It means you need to get your ### back here and start some good topics...not for yourself, but for the rest of us who wallow in the slop just hoping for a nice tender morsel of a good thread onto which we can latch to help get us through the "just another Tuesday" blues.

Stop thinking about what the FFA can do for you, and start thinking about what YOU can do for the FFA.

There's a horrible irony here - I get a little fed up with all the politics, news stories, and racism too...but I often like a good IronSheik thread. I mean, in the winter, the weather updates are superb. The Kim Jong Un status updates are always good for a few jokes about Dear Leader. Who doesn't like a good incompetent yard care story? And lest we not forget about posts about stupid people, and things that make our "junk tingle."

So what does this mean? It means you need to get your ### back here and start some good topics...not for yourself, but for the rest of us who wallow in the slop just hoping for a nice tender morsel of a good thread onto which we can latch to help get us through the "just another Tuesday" blues.

Stop thinking about what the FFA can do for you, and start thinking about what YOU can do for the FFA.
:lol:

what would you like to talk about?

what would you like to talk about?
This is great on so many levels. :goodposting: :lmao:

What kind of deep discussions do you want to have, Sheik? I mean, you've been around... you know that all threads of substance:

- Devolve into ad hominem attacks at some point

- Change absolutely no one's mind

- Rarely even provoke someone else to seriously consider another pov... it happens from time to time, sure, but that's the exception, not the rule.

- We have already debated and solved substantially all of the world's problems already

I've come to view this board as a source of entertainment,., and news. Information flows more efficiently here than on my local news channel or even on the WSJ. So when some #### is going down in real time somewhere, this is the place to get the blow-by-blows.

Frankly, the suicide thread and the MMJ theads are the best ones here for me anymore.

It's weird, all I really do is lurk around here (sharkpool too :mellow: ) but I basically know who all you dudes are. This board is just what I'm used to when I'm at work so I come here out of habit.

I think the enthusiasm and creativity has dipped but it's not tapped out. It's a more mature been-there-done-that tone. I mix in some subreddits and news-ish sites like grantland or avclub now. A lot of us are tweeners between millenialls and genY. I'm thirty six, so I'm a hybrid of hip and lame like a lot of people still frequenting this site. Internet content is such a strange huge bulk of my existence, jumping around site to site while I'm at work. I think that's common for the current FFA crowd too, the people still here like the familiarity of it and that's enough.

I agree. Gone are the days when I'd log in and find useful tips like tucking my undershirt into my boxers briefs.

Now everything is "Iran this" and "All lives matter that."

What this place needs is more Lies About Hitler.

I agree. Gone are the days when I'd log in and find useful tips like tucking my undershirt into my boxers briefs.

Now everything is "Iran this" and "All lives matter that."

And ####### yoga pants!

I agree. Gone are the days when I'd log in and find useful tips like tucking my undershirt into my boxers briefs.Now everything is "Iran this" and "All lives matter that."

And ####### yoga pants!
False.

I agree. Gone are the days when I'd log in and find useful tips like tucking my undershirt into my boxers briefs.Now everything is "Iran this" and "All lives matter that."

And ####### yoga pants!
False.
Do you know how I know you're gay?

And ####### yoga pants!
False.
Do you know how I know you're gay?
Tell me after you finish down there.

I know what I'm trying tomorrow.

Consider the possibility that it is you that has changed, not the FFA. That's what I love about the board, man. I get older, but it stays the same age.

Consider the possibility that it is you that has changed, not the FFA. That's what I love about the board, man. I get older, but it stays the same age.
This could be true, but IMO I don't think so. This board used to be full of funny stories and people joking back and forth with each other. Now it seems like it's all a contest to prove that each person is smarter than the other by pretending to know things about current events.

We've gone from young and funny to old and crotchety. I give it a couple more years until people start threads titled "Get off my lawn!"

If you're gonna leave at least create a goodbye thread. That always goes over big with the 50-65 yo FBG demographic.

It will change your life.

It did. Between this and the Gold Bond thread, life is great.

tell me more about this Gold Bond thread.

Henry Ford said:
Andrew74 said:
Henry Ford said:

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?/topic/535535-gold-bond/

Henry Ford said:
Andrew74 said:
Henry Ford said:

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?/topic/535535-gold-bond/
"Are we in the Swamp Nuts days of the FFA?" Discuss...

Users who are viewing this thread