What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Denver at Detroit (1 Viewer)

It really makes me sad because when we think of the best WRs today we think of Antonio, Julio, etc. Few even mention Calvin anymore because he is so underutilized.
We are just living in the past. It was just two years ago we did speak of calving like we do these guys now. The sad part is simply that the run was too short.

It really makes me sad because when we think of the best WRs today we think of Antonio, Julio, etc. Few even mention Calvin anymore because he is so underutilized.
We are just living in the past. It was just two years ago we did speak of calving like we do these guys now. The sad part is simply that the run was too short.
Calvin, unfortunately, has begun the downside of his career. Noticeably slower and doesn't separate as well anymore. He's still plenty good though.

Caldwell will be responsible for extending the career of Calvin Johnson. Why else has he kept him bubble wrapped the past two seasons? I want to slap that stupid salt and pepper mustache off his fat sweaty face. That's the politically correct version of how I feel.

We are just living in the past. It was just two years ago we did speak of calving like we do these guys now. The sad part is simply that the run was too short. Jim Caldwell arrived on the scene and herminated the offense.

Calvin, unfortunately, has begun the downside of his career. Noticeably slower and doesn't separate as well anymore. He's still plenty good though.
He's still bigger and faster than Brandon Marshall who is on pace for 122-1400 and 16 TDs.

"so much for the Manning can't throw it over 20 yards"

Is he watching the same game? That was a DUCK that was badly under-thrown. Credit belongs far more to Thomas than Manning

Is he watching the same game? That was a DUCK that was badly under-thrown. Credit belongs far more to Thomas than Manning
It wasn't the prettiest of passes but I wouldn't call it a duck or badly underthrown.

He's still bigger and faster than Brandon Marshall who is on pace for 122-1400 and 16 TDs.
I don't disagree. But the thought was presented that he's not mentioned with Julio and Brown. He's not THAT good anymore.

Jeff Blake made a career out of throwing punt passes to Carl Pickins, Darnay Scott and Chris Henry. It gives your WR time to set and leap above the 5-9 CB. That's all that noodle pass was.

I don't disagree. But the thought was presented that he's not mentioned with Julio and Brown. He's not THAT good anymore.
You put either of those guys on Detroit, and they are laying eggs. They have the luxury of good coaching and upper tier QBs. He's definitely still that good. he's 29. Over the next 4 weeks we will see what Antonio Brown can do with Mike Vick.

Last edited by a moderator:
You put either of those guys on Detroit, and they are laying eggs. They have the luxury of good coaching and upper tier QBs. He's definitely still that good. he's 29.
Not to me. And my opinion is all I was offering.

It wasn't the prettiest of passes but I wouldn't call it a duck or badly underthrown.
THomas had two steps on the defender, had to stop and wait for it to come down....badly under-thrown

Jeff Blake made a career out of throwing punt passes to Carl Pickins, Darnay Scott and Chris Henry. It gives your WR time to set and leap above the 5-9 CB. That's all that noodle pass was.
Slay is 6'0" but whatever

Gotta make a play there

Good cover guy but horrible tackler

THomas had two steps on the defender, had to stop and wait for it to come down....badly under-thrown
He caught it at the apex of his jump. Not badly underthrown unless you have a bias.

How is that taunting
Yeah running backwards is taunting now?
Doing so while looking at the defenders?

Yeah...that's ALWAYS been taunting
If youre running backwards the defenders are always going to be behind you. So yeah, you're back to being flagged for running backwards.
un-necessarily running backwards into the end zone while looking at the defenders trailing was given as an example from the day they made taunting a foul, and has been called numerous times in the last 10 years. You might not like the rule, but that was a textbook example of what they mean by "taunting"

He caught it at the apex of his jump. Not badly underthrown unless you have a bias.
What? Watch it again...he had to significantly slow down, almost STOP. Had he not done so and jumped for it, the defender would have made the play. Catching it at the apex was an example of a big WR properly using his size to win a ball, not an example of a well thrown ball when said WR was wide open BEFORE he was FORCED to slow down.

It was under-thrown

What? Watch it again...he had to significantly slow down, almost STOP. Had he not done so and jumped for it, the defender would have made the play. Catching it at the apex was an example of a big WR properly using his size to win a ball, not an example of a well thrown ball when said WR was wide open BEFORE he was FORCED to slow down.

It was under-thrown
So first he had to stop and wait, but now he had to almost stop.

:lmao:

It was under-thrown
So first he had to stop and wait, but now he had to almost stop.

:lmao:
:wall: OK than....Manning still has a cannon of an arm and I'm 100% wrong. :rolleyes:

Man Hines Ward has a pretty good gig. Come on with Costas and say one or two things and disappear into the night.

Users who are viewing this thread