What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official 2015 In-Season Dynasty Completed Trades Thread** (1 Viewer)

Can't believe anyone would sell a 1st for a DEF in dynasty, that's absolutely crazy.

How many years could you have tried to pinpoint the overwhelming best defense after week 3 and how many of those years would you have been totally wrong?
Can't believe anyone would sell a 1st for a DEF in dynasty, that's absolutely crazy.

How many years could you have tried to pinpoint the overwhelming best defense after week 3 and how many of those years would you have been totally wrong?
They don't need to be the absolute best. They need to help me win my championship. Might blow up in my face. But then again, the pick is no guarantee either.

12 team PPR. Start 1 QB, 1-5 RB, 1-5 WR, 1-5 TE.

Gave:

Gio Bernard

Breshad Perriman

Tyler Lockett

2016 2nd

Got:

Sammy Watkins
Pretty reasonable both ways imo. It would really depend on my team but I like Watkins.
Watkins is somewhat overrated don't you think?
Not close.A backup RB that's hit and miss a meh WR prospect that did not look great in mini camp now can't stay healthy and a lottery ticket.

Sammy is a five star prospect and although his banged up his upside is 10x that of the other side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting one just happened in my league

10 team 2QB 3WR 2RB 2TE 2Flex .5ppr

Dion Lewis and a 2017 3rd (likely early, but hard to project)

for

Kendall Wright

not involved

Gave:

Gio Bernard

Breshad Perriman

Tyler Lockett

2016 2nd

Got:

Sammy Watkins
Pretty reasonable both ways imo. It would really depend on my team but I like Watkins.
Not close.A backup RB that's hit and miss a meh WR prospect that did not look great in mini camp now can't stay healthy and a lottery ticket.

Sammy is a five star prospect and although his banged up his upside is 10x that of the other side.
The team getting Gio and the package landslide won this trade. At least we agree it's not close.

Gave:

Gio Bernard

Breshad Perriman

Tyler Lockett

2016 2nd

Got:

Sammy Watkins

The team getting Gio and the package landslide won this trade. At least we agree it's not close.
Interesting. I'm always willing to put together an "overpay" package to get a guy with elite upside, so I'm interested in why you feel this way. Landslide? Gio is an RB2, everything else is a question mark, and Watkins has already flashed studliness and he's 22. Much easier to re-trade due to his name value as well, but that's a separate discussion.

Team A gave Mike Wallace

Team B gave funchess and rueben randle

ETA 14 team dynasty

Last edited by a moderator:

Gave:

Gio Bernard

Breshad Perriman

Tyler Lockett

2016 2nd

Got:

Sammy Watkins

Interesting. I'm always willing to put together an "overpay" package to get a guy with elite upside, so I'm interested in why you feel this way. Landslide? Gio is an RB2, everything else is a question mark, and Watkins has already flashed studliness and he's 22. Much easier to re-trade due to his name value as well, but that's a separate discussion.
You speak as if Watkins is a proven fantasy player. He's actually less proven than Gio as far I'm concerned. I mean sure he's flashed and has big time potential but I don't agree that you can label other players a question mark with the inference being he is not, because to me he 100% is a question mark in terms of being a consistent or high end fantasy contributor.

He's battling nagging injuries and has averaged less than 12 fantasy points a game in his career. He's a fantasy WR3 and I don't see extreme value in that or that changing in next few years. Taylor has been solid but that's almost a negative as he might be good enough to keep the job. Just not seeing the upside on a defensive minded, run heavy team in bad weather with Taylor as your QB. I know it's dynasty and at some point in his career things will change but when? Systems and QB matter. Look what we just saw with Antonio Brown. Despite having 2 good fantasy games the value of Jimmy Graham is no where close to what it was as a Saint because like Watkins he plays on a defensive minded run heavy team.

You call Gio a RB2 and maybe he is but I'd rather have a RB2 than a WR3 and in terms of youth Gio is right there with Watkins. I easily think Gio is going to be a bigger asset for fantasy teams this season than Watkins and there is a lot to be said for immediacy.

The other players are question marks but they are high upside questions marks. If we are just talking about talent and upside Perriman has that as well. Someone said earlier he did not look great in minicamp and that's not necessarily true. Reports had him having some good days and some days he dealt with drops but when he is healthy he'll won't have a lot of comp for targets and a QB to get him the ball.

Lockett is the real deal. If he played for NE he'd be killing it in fantasy right now. But instead he's stuck playing for a defensive minded run oriented team with no end in sight for next few years. Just like Watkins.

So maybe landslide is a bit strong but I easily prefer the side that deal Watkins and the main reason in a nutshell is I don't see Watkins fantasy contribution equating to his talent for possibly a few seasons.

14 team PPR devy league

Gave: E. Sanders and D. Waller

Got: Matt Jones and devy player Pharoah Cooper WR South Carolina

12 team PPR that starts 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, and 1 Flex

Traded away Desean Jackson

Traded for Percy Harvin plus a late 2nd rounder

Gave:

Gio Bernard

Breshad Perriman

Tyler Lockett

2016 2nd

Got:

Sammy Watkins

You speak as if Watkins is a proven fantasy player. He's actually less proven than Gio as far I'm concerned. I mean sure he's flashed and has big time potential but I don't agree that you can label other players a question mark with the inference being he is not, because to me he 100% is a question mark in terms of being a consistent or high end fantasy contributor.

He's battling nagging injuries and has averaged less than 12 fantasy points a game in his career. He's a fantasy WR3 and I don't see extreme value in that or that changing in next few years. Taylor has been solid but that's almost a negative as he might be good enough to keep the job. Just not seeing the upside on a defensive minded, run heavy team in bad weather with Taylor as your QB. I know it's dynasty and at some point in his career things will change but when? Systems and QB matter. Look what we just saw with Antonio Brown. Despite having 2 good fantasy games the value of Jimmy Graham is no where close to what it was as a Saint because like Watkins he plays on a defensive minded run heavy team.

You call Gio a RB2 and maybe he is but I'd rather have a RB2 than a WR3 and in terms of youth Gio is right there with Watkins. I easily think Gio is going to be a bigger asset for fantasy teams this season than Watkins and there is a lot to be said for immediacy.

The other players are question marks but they are high upside questions marks. If we are just talking about talent and upside Perriman has that as well. Someone said earlier he did not look great in minicamp and that's not necessarily true. Reports had him having some good days and some days he dealt with drops but when he is healthy he'll won't have a lot of comp for targets and a QB to get him the ball.

Lockett is the real deal. If he played for NE he'd be killing it in fantasy right now. But instead he's stuck playing for a defensive minded run oriented team with no end in sight for next few years. Just like Watkins.

So maybe landslide is a bit strong but I easily prefer the side that deal Watkins and the main reason in a nutshell is I don't see Watkins fantasy contribution equating to his talent for possibly a few seasons.
All kind of wrong here. I agree with other that is Watkins and not close at all.

I gave Kelvin Benjamin

I got Jeremy Maclin and a project late 2016 2nd

I am about to be 4 - 0 unless Baldwin scores 38 points in PPR scoring. My receivers are dropping like flies, Cobb looked like he tweaked his shoulder, Smith is out at least next week and faded at end last year and Cooks has been bad.

I gave Kelvin Benjamin

I am about to be 4 - 0 unless Baldwin scores 38 points in PPR scoring. My receivers are dropping like flies, Cobb looked like he tweaked his shoulder, Smith is out at least next week and faded at end last year and Cooks has been bad.
Reasonable trade if you're selling out to win now.

I gave Kelvin Benjamin

It's not like Maclin is all that old.

I gave Kelvin Benjamin

I like Benjamin here but Maclin has been good enough to help a contender stay in it.

14 team PPR devy league

Gave: E. Sanders and D. Waller

Got: Matt Jones and devy player Pharoah Cooper WR South Carolina
I would want to deal Sanders and I guess this deal is OK if you like Cooper but I would have kept Sanders for that return I think

Non ppr, standard scoring

L Fitzgerald

2016 3rd

For

2016 1st (mid)
1st...nice return for Fitz

Non ppr, standard scoring

Chris Johnson

For

2016 2

2017 2
pick...either of them would be enough for me

Dynasty 12 team

Team A gives up Todd Gurley, 2016 1st rounder (6-9 th pick)

Team B gives up ADP, 2016 2nd an 2 2016 4th rounders
Gurley. No idea why people are trading him away this early

Just traded Antonio Andrews for Larry Donnell

1.5 PPR for TE, 12 team dynasty league
Donnell

1/2 pt PPR for RB,WR

Sent Carlos Hyde

Got Davante Adams, David Johnson/ARI

Had too much exposure to Hyde in other leagues, and I think I like Johnson more so getting him and Adams seemed like a good deal.

My RBs before were Hyde, ADP, Bell, Duke Johnson and Ameer Adbullah

WRs before were Cooks, Steve Smith, Kendall Wright, Michael Floyd, Garcon, Hurns, Lockett

I gave Kelvin Benjamin

Thanks the only thing that scares me is the fact that if I have an injury to Luck, I will be starting 3/4 of the Chiefs offense with Smith, Maclin, and Kelce.

Was offered Bruce Ellington and a first (mid-late) for my Mike Wallace and a 4th.

Wallace is my WR3 but my depth is non existent with Parkers slow start and Kevin White being dead.

Countered same offer but Devin Smith instead of Ellington but gonna accept the original offer by 5pm if he hasn't accepted or withdrawn.

Was offered Bruce Ellington and a first (mid-late) for my Mike Wallace and a 4th.

Wallace is my WR3 but my depth is non existent with Parkers slow start and Kevin White being dead.

Countered same offer but Devin Smith instead of Ellington but gonna accept the original offer by 5pm if he hasn't accepted or withdrawn.
I would just accept the original deal before he realizes what he has done. Any 1st for Wallace is a win at this point

I would just accept the original deal before he realizes what he has done. Any 1st for Wallace is a win at this point
When everyone comes to realize that you don't have prolonged success by trading 1sts (or even 2nds for that matter) for Mike Wallace then I'll have to stop playing because there will be less money to make. That's a no brainer insta-accept.

12 team non PPR

I traded D.Murray, T.Coleman and Colston

For A.J Green, D.Robinson and a 2016 2nd rnd pick (likely early).

Standard Scoring, non-ppr

Team A Gave:

Todd Gurley

Team B Gave:
Kevin White

Ronnie Hillman

2016 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks.

(Team A owns CJ Anderson)

Standard Scoring, non-ppr

Team A Gave:

Todd Gurley

Team B Gave:

Kevin White

Ronnie Hillman

2016 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks.

(Team A owns CJ Anderson)
It looks like ok value on the surface, but this is a gambler's special. Could work out well IF everything goes as planned. Since life has taught me that nothing usually goes as planned, I'll take the bird in the hand with Gurley.

14 Team Dynasty ppr

I gave Arian Foster and Percy Harvin

I Received Donte Moncrief and Anquan Boldin

I wanted to get a young WR talent since my team was short on those and I am trying to build for a future run. Foster was my main bargaining chip since I have other young RBs that I am ok with starting. Couldn't get a guy like Jeffrey or Cooks, so I went with Moncrief. 22 years old with a top 2 QB. I think the potential is there for him to be a consistent WR2 for years to come. I thought the Harvin for Boldin swap was unnecessary, but he was insistent so I didn't let it stand in the way.

Foster is like a ticking time bomb in terms of trade value. I may have received more if I waited a week or two, or waiting could have also killed any deals if he got hurt or doesn't produce well. I'm happy with what I got and think it's consistent with current market value.

Kind of a useless one but 2QB 10 team league

Team A traded: Garrett Grayson

Team B traded: 2016 3rd

Team A (me) Gave:

Calvin Johnson

Jimmy Graham

Team B Gave:

Dez Bryant

Travis Kelce

I have patiently waited for a window to move Calvin. the Dez owner has been ravaged by injuries and approached me with this.

Users who are viewing this thread