What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official 2015 In-Season Dynasty Completed Trades Thread** (2 Viewers)

Standard 12 Tm PPR

Gave: Foster, Forsett

Got: G. Tate, 2nd (likely top 3)

Decided to pin my hopes on the young guys--and cash out on these two while I could. Move makes other guy the favorite, suring up only weakness.

Current RBs: Ameer, Gordon, Gio
I guess as long as you've given up on the next 2 years this is an ok trade, maybe?

Foster is going to be a top 10 RB for at least the next 2 years, and I don't think Golden will be a top 10 WR ever.
Certainly a reasonable stance. I am not making that bet on Foster, however. And I don't feel like I need Tate to be top 10 for it to work out in my favor. Though I agree that he won't be, save another major Calvin injury.

It's worth pointing out that Foster's deal is no longer guaranteed, save the signing bonus, and the owner has publicly expressed concern over his soft tissue injuries piling up. Is he worth a 9M+ cap hit on a non-contender? They decided Andre wasn't last year.
This trade makes way more sense now. Didn't know it was a cap league. Thought it was just standard dynasty. Like the trade with how crappy Forsett is playing.

I would need to be really deep at RB to do that. Dion is for real. He's going to finish as a top 10 back. And he just turned 25. Same age as Latavius Murray and almost exactly a year older than Carlos Hyde.

Not involved, other than to SMH.

• A gave up Mike Evans
  • B gave up Kendall Wright, 2016 1st, 2017 1st, 2018 1st
Picks all currently track to bottom half and potentially VERY late.

Last edited by a moderator:
2QB 2RB 2WR 2flex TE

0.5 ppr. All TDs 6 pts

7 keeper league

8 team

Team A

Dez

Randle

Team B

Beastmode Lynch

Travis Kelce

SammyWatkins

Alex Smith

Team A

Gronk

Brady

Mike Evans

Team B

Jamaal Charles

Teddy Bridgewater

Jimmy Graham
Dez side, even though Randle isn't going to be the starter long.

And Brady/Gronk side. Gronk compares with Charles, Brady blows away Bridgewater (don't think he'll ever be more than alex smith value), and Evans is much better value than Graham.

To preface this, Team A was crazy deep at WR (Dez, Julio, OBJ, Evans, Gordon, Martavis, White) but very thin at RB or had underperformers (Murray, Hill, Randle, Coleman, Ellington).

Team A Gives:
Odell Beckham Jr

Joseph Randle

2016 3rd Round Pick

Team B Gives:

Le'Veon Bell

2016 2nd Round Pick

Sabertooth said:
To test my theory of recency value, I offered Donte Moncrief and Lamar Miller to the Odell owner. He refused and said he could get a lot more. I said to him "Moncrief is the same age as Odell and has Luck." He says backs "I like Moncrief but feel I could get a top 5 running back for him."

So I offered him Dion Lewis. He refused.

Which got me to thinking, "what is a top 5 running back anymore?" You have Leveon and Lacy. Then who? Charles? Adrian? I wouldn't take Lacy for Odell. So it would basically have to be Leveon for him. It's so skewed towards wideouts right now it's crazy.
I think your logic is a bit flawed. OBJ is clearly a superior talent to Moncrief. Drafted way higher. His team's clear #1 WR. Eli may not be as good as Luck but he has never had a problem feeding his #1 and #2 wrs. We are talking about a three game sample size of Moncrief's work also. Hilton's injury, Allen's injury, Andre's lack of production have all possibly played into padding Moncrief's stats a bit. He is very good, but we don't yet know the extent of how good or how much they will use him. Dorsett will be worked in some more, and I imagine the TEs will get more targets as well. I'm not sure Moncrief will ever have the consistency needed as true WR1.

Pointing out their same age doesn't really add anything to your argument either. If I told the Demaryius owner that Rishard Mathew and Travis Benjamin were younger than him and have more points after week 3, I can guarantee he is not trading me DT even if I offered both for him.

As far as a top 5 RB, I would say Leveon, Charles, Peterson, Forte, Lacy(?) are currently there. Maybe Ingram turns into one? Maybe Hill or Gurley? Maybe the every down back is dying, but either way there are a handful who consistently produce at the top each week and they are very valuable and scarce. It is much easier to find a WR to put up 20 points in a pinch than to find a RB who can. I personally wouldn't move OBJ for any other player than Julio, Leveon or maybe Gronk.
Agreed.

14 Team - No PPR

Gave: Alshon, LMurray, Foles, RiMatthews, Rawls, 2 2nd Round Rookie Picks

Got: Lacy, Forte, Brees, Wright, Witten
Lacy/Forte in nonPPR

Not involved

2016 first (likely mid/late)

for

Dion Lewis
pick easily.

12 team non PPR

Team A gave Ivory, Bennett

For

Team B K.Williams
I might buy Karlos for that...really depends on whether or not I own McCoy and have another TE (assumed Bennett is Martellus)

Dion Lewis and Frank Gore

For

Mid/late 1st, mid/late 2nd, and Brandon Coleman.
picks

Not involved, other than to SMH.

• A gave up Mike Evans
  • B gave up Kendall Wright, 2016 1st, 2017 1st, 2018 1st
Picks all currently track to bottom half and potentially VERY late.
Evans

2QB 2RB 2WR 2flex TE

0.5 ppr. All TDs 6 pts

7 keeper league

8 team

Team A

Dez

Randle

Team B

Beastmode Lynch

Travis Kelce

SammyWatkins

Alex Smith

Team A

Gronk

Brady

Mike Evans

Team B

Jamaal Charles

Teddy Bridgewater

Jimmy Graham
Dez side, even though Randle isn't going to be the starter long.

And Brady/Gronk side. Gronk compares with Charles, Brady blows away Bridgewater (don't think he'll ever be more than alex smith value), and Evans is much better value than Graham.
Dez

Gronk side...think that is an gross overpay for a QB in an 8 team 7 keeper league

To preface this, Team A was crazy deep at WR (Dez, Julio, OBJ, Evans, Gordon, Martavis, White) but very thin at RB or had underperformers (Murray, Hill, Randle, Coleman, Ellington).

Team A Gives:

Odell Beckham Jr

Joseph Randle

2016 3rd Round Pick

Team B Gives:

Le'Veon Bell

2016 2nd Round Pick
OBJ for me pretty easily.

Given the teams I can see why I just prefer WR's

16 team Non-PPR:

Team A gives:

Kevin White

2016 1st

2018 1st

Team B gives:

DeAndre Hopkins

Knile Davis

Team A's picks are perennially late (12-16)

Team A owns Charles

Team A is me

Gave: Josh Robinson and 2016 3rd rounder. Got 2016 2nd rounder (same owner as the 3rd rounder so 1 full round tradeup) I wanted to clear roster space to pick up Javorious Allen. So basically gave Robinson + 3rd for All + 2nd.

10 team PPR QQRRWWWW 3DL 3LB 3DB

Team A got:

Mike Evans

Luke Keuchly

Team B got:

Brandon Marshall

2016 1.x (0-3 team, likely top 3)

16 team Non-PPR:

Team A gives:

Kevin White

2016 1st

2018 1st

Team B gives:

DeAndre Hopkins

Knile Davis

Team A's picks are perennially late (12-16)

Team A owns Charles

Team A is me
Seems fair to me but I still like White

12 team PPR

Gave:

James Jones

Got:

Breshad Perriman
Perriman for me pretty easily

Gave: Josh Robinson and 2016 3rd rounder. Got 2016 2nd rounder (same owner as the 3rd rounder so 1 full round tradeup) I wanted to clear roster space to pick up Javorious Allen. So basically gave Robinson + 3rd for All + 2nd.
Nicely done

12 team PPR. Start 1 QB, 1-5 RB, 1-5 WR, 1-5 TE.

Gave:

Gio Bernard

Breshad Perriman

Tyler Lockett

2016 2nd

Got:

Sammy Watkins

Gave:

Gio Bernard

Breshad Perriman

Tyler Lockett

2016 2nd

Got:

Sammy Watkins
Pretty reasonable both ways imo. It would really depend on my team but I like Watkins.
Watkins is somewhat overrated don't you think?
Possibly. I'm also a big fan of Watkins. This might have been an overpay if he continues to have health problems his whole career, but I'm a believer.

This deal was really about 1-2 years from now when my roster really comes together. There are a couple monster teams in this league and I'm aiming to be the next one, trying to corner the market on the next wave of stud WR's in a league that starts five, even if it means overpaying a bit now. I paid a HAUL for Cooper last week, but I think it will be worth it.

Watkins now becomes arguably my 5th WR. Evans-Hopkins-Jeffery-Cooper-Watkins, to go along with Wilson at QB, Lewis at RB, and Reed at TE. It may come together more quickly than I expect or it may not work out at all, of course.

Saw this go down in one of my leagues, 14 team Devy, 1 PPR, QB, 2-4 RB, 2-4 WR/TE, D

Dez Bryant & David Cobb

for

LeVeon Bell & Andre Johnson

Gave:

Gio Bernard

Breshad Perriman

Tyler Lockett

2016 2nd

Got:

Sammy Watkins
Pretty reasonable both ways imo. It would really depend on my team but I like Watkins.
Watkins is somewhat overrated don't you think?
Sure I guess but it looks like Gio and a bunch of later picks that may or may not pan out for a guy that some still expect to be a very good WR someday.

I think it definitely has the potential to be alot but Watkins potential is better imo

Few trades 12 team qrrwwwtf .75ppr

Gave Carlos Hyde

Received Kevin White (also own Jeffery fwiw)

Gave Tyrod Taylor

Received 2016 1st likely 8-12

Gave ASJ

Received Brandon Coleman and right to swap 2016 2nd rounders

Few trades 12 team qrrwwwtf .75ppr

Gave Carlos Hyde

Received Kevin White (also own Jeffery fwiw)

Gave Tyrod Taylor

Received 2016 1st likely 8-12

Gave ASJ

Received Brandon Coleman and right to swap 2016 2nd rounders
Like the 1st 2 deals.

Not a fan of the last but I am not overly big on ASJ ever staying healthy either...I just think you could get more for him

Saw this go down in one of my leagues, 14 team Devy, 1 PPR, QB, 2-4 RB, 2-4 WR/TE, D

Dez Bryant & David Cobb

for

LeVeon Bell & Andre Johnson
Interesting deal.

I like the Dez side but can see where team needs might dictate a move like this.

12 Team Dynasty PPR QRRWWTKD, Flex + SuperFlex, TE Premium

Gave: Alex Smith, Cameron

Got: Tyrod, CMike

I might be a genius or a moron.

Traded.

Mid first 2016

New England d

For

Denver d

Denver dis currently the 4th highest scoring player in the league (performance d scoring) at 27.67 ppg.

Those points are double the 5th place d (Carolina). And only three defenses are in the top 50 scorers in this league. Broncos schedule looks pretty good too.

I'll probably regret it in April but right no I think I added a solid 6 to 7 points per week. I am currently in 5th place. If I had been playing Denver for the first three weeks if be in first. All play league.

Also I own the 1st rounder of the team I just took Denver d off. He's in last and just lost his best scorer. So I'm hoping that he ends up in last so I get the #1 overall.

Traded.

Mid first 2016

New England d

For

Denver d

Denver dis currently the 4th highest scoring player in the league (performance d scoring) at 27.67 ppg.

Those points are double the 5th place d (Carolina). And only three defenses are in the top 50 scorers in this league. Broncos schedule looks pretty good too.

I'll probably regret it in April but right no I think I added a solid 6 to 7 points per week. I am currently in 5th place. If I had been playing Denver for the first three weeks if be in first. All play league.

Also I own the 1st rounder of the team I just took Denver d off. He's in last and just lost his best scorer. So I'm hoping that he ends up in last so I get the #1 overall.
I can't wait to see the responses this trade gets. Never seen a 1st traded for a D. Ballsy move for sure.

Traded.

Mid first 2016

New England d

For

Denver d

I can't wait to see the responses this trade gets. Never seen a 1st traded for a D. Ballsy move for sure.
Well seeing as I picked them up for free at the start of the year in most of my leagues that require a D (except the one I owned BUF) I think it is way too much for a defense. I hope someone offers me a 2nd or 1st for them. The Broncos are probably one of the better ones I doubt they are top 3 at the end of the year. They haven't really played an offense that is any good yet. Thankfully MIN is also not a good offense so they may keep it up another week

Who do you think is going to pass them up?
For me it isn't really about the teams passing them as it is that most years 200pts is a top D. DEN is on pace for 250+ so I am just playing history thinking that is unrealistic they keep the pace up. After the bye their schedule gets much tougher imo

I think there are 4 I would expect to outpace them eventually though the Seahawks and Cards I think are going to and probably the I think the Jets have a shot as does BUF.

Did this deal last week and I would like to say when I did the deal I fully anticipated Graham having a big game against the Bears, in fact he got targetted less than I thought he would so no sellers remorse due to that:

FFPC so 1.5 TE PPR

Gave:

Jimmy Graham, Forsett

Got:

Yeldon, ASJ, and 2016#1 which is actually my own pick back and projects as late first.

Can't believe anyone would sell a 1st for a DEF in dynasty, that's absolutely crazy.

How many years could you have tried to pinpoint the overwhelming best defense after week 3 and how many of those years would you have been totally wrong?

JackReacher said:
Sabertooth said:
Meh, they have the packers and the pats but who else?
Broncos owner who would sell in heartbeat for any 1st, competing or not. Defenses are so random especially in dyno
Yup.

I made a post a few years back that I tried to find, but could not. The essence is that in order for a player to be valuable, he needs to be PRODUCTIVE, PREDICTABLE, and SCARCE. I play in leagues with really high defensive performance scoring, and even then, defenses aren't valuable enough to warrant a 1st round pick. They pass the first test, but fail the next two.

Edit: Found it! https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?/topic/683548-discussion-are-top-defs-worth-spending-a-10th-11th-round-pick/?p=15710447

We'll see. Let's take a peak at how those first round rookies picks are doing right now.

1. Gurley - nothing

2. Cooper - playing great. Still just a low end WR2

3. Kevin White - nothing

4. Mevlin Gordon - bleck

5. Devante Parker - nothing

6. Brashad Perriman - nothing

7. Nelson Agholor - nothing

8. TJ Yeldon - not much

9. DGB - not much

10. Ameer Abdullah - doing ok, currently a low RB2

11. Tevin Coleman - not much

12. Duke Johnson - meh.

How are these draft picks more predictable, productive or scarce? Look I know I'm going against Dynasty dogma here. That's why I said I'm either a genius or a moron. Maybe neither, maybe both. That pick might have been Beckham. Odell or Dorial.

JackReacher said:
Sabertooth said:
Meh, they have the packers and the pats but who else?
Broncos owner who would sell in heartbeat for any 1st, competing or not. Defenses are so random especially in dyno
If defenses are so random, how do you explain Seattle being the top scoring D two season in a row? Chances of that happening would be about 1 in 1024 if it was truly random.

Users who are viewing this thread