What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 5 (1 Viewer)

Trying something a little different today. Mult cash lineups pretty spread out over a few 5050/double/league each:

QB - Brady, Smith, Rivers

RB - Charles, Bell, Forsett, Freeman

WR - Lots of mixing and matching in the 6800-7700 and 5900-6400 ranges, some ODB, Jones at 1pm

TE - Clay, Bennett, Walker, Gates

K - whoever

D - Denver, NYG, Baltimore

In a couple gpp i am taking a flyer on Antonio Andrews for a punt option Was the most impressive rb for Tenn(not saying much) but forgotten after their bye. Going him over Boobie. Not expecting anything.

I barely spent any time on research this week and am only playing a tiny amount of money. I'm doing one small 50/50, a $1 GPP, and a freeroll. Here are my lineups:

50/50

QB - Palmer

RB - Gurley

RB - Martin

WR - Julio

WR - Cooper

WR - A Rob

TE - Eifert

PK - McManus

DEF - Patriots

GPP

QB - Palmer

RB - Martin

RB - Charles

WR - Aiken

WR - K Wright

WR - A Rob

TE - Gronk

PK - Crosby

DEF - Patriots

Freeroll

QB - Palmer

RB - Charles

RB - Martin

WR - Cooper

WR - Mi Floyd

WR - Calvin

TE - Eifert

PK - McManus

DEF - Patriots

For all of you quick to load up on NE players this week, just something to consider... Dallas gets back Rolando McClain, Greg Hardy and possibly Gregory this week.

I'm as down on the Cowboys as ever but that will be significant for this defense.
. I don't care if they get Reggie White back; Brady is going to drop 35 on them.
Well Hardy is making a big difference for this pass rush, I still expect a big 2nd half from NE though after BB adjusts.

To bad your 50/50 and GPP's weren't switched..

EBF said:
I barely spent any time on research this week and am only playing a tiny amount of money. I'm doing one small 50/50, a $1 GPP, and a freeroll. Here are my lineups:

50/50

QB - Palmer

RB - Gurley

RB - Martin

WR - Julio

WR - Cooper

WR - A Rob

TE - Eifert

PK - McManus

DEF - Patriots

GPP

QB - Palmer

RB - Martin

RB - Charles

WR - Aiken

WR - K Wright

WR - A Rob

TE - Gronk

PK - Crosby

DEF - Patriots

Freeroll

QB - Palmer

RB - Charles

RB - Martin

WR - Cooper

WR - Mi Floyd

WR - Calvin

TE - Eifert

PK - McManus

DEF - Patriots

I'm in 33rd/34,483 in the $5 spike on FD. Would win $150 on a $5 buy-in if it ended right now. Have Cooper, McManus, and Pats D still going. No Sunday or Monday players though, so will probably slide back into the pack quite a bit.

To bad your 50/50 and GPP's weren't switched..

EBF said:

50/50

QB - Palmer

RB - Gurley

RB - Martin

WR - Julio

WR - Cooper

WR - A Rob

TE - Eifert

PK - McManus

DEF - Patriots

GPP

QB - Palmer

RB - Martin

RB - Charles

WR - Aiken

WR - K Wright

WR - A Rob

TE - Gronk

PK - Crosby

DEF - Patriots

Freeroll

QB - Palmer

RB - Charles

RB - Martin

WR - Cooper

WR - Mi Floyd

WR - Calvin

TE - Eifert

PK - McManus

DEF - Patriots
Turns out the "50/50" was actually a GPP. I had just mistaken it. Here's my squad:

https://www.fanduel.com/games/13183/contests/13183-16039773/entries/237882075/scoring

I think i just got to confident with the wealth of info available. I got way to loose with the bankroll and out of control with variance. Learning via school of hard rocks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I was heavily involved with the jags this week just my other spots put up poor performances. So close to a big day.

Right now I am down $50 on FD and up $40 on DK. I still have players in both sites and am just on the bubble for the money in most. I have in various lineups,

Bell

Rivers

K allen

Giants Def

J brown kicker.

Hope to do alright this weekend

My cash QBs for the w/e were Bortles and Mccown and .... Smith. In a wonderful bit of cosmic symmetry I had Charles in both of my non-Smith lineups. Really unfortunate injury to such a good RB.

I still have some ODB and a ton of Bell left. Hopefully it will all work out OK. I'm up now but you never know what some strange twist of fate may bring. At least my remaining survivor entries should advance.

Please pull for Danny Woodhead! LINK

Check out Bell 72% and Freeman only 8% owned!
Good luck. I think you're looking good accept for Assini having OBJ, Rivers, and a RB only 11 back.
Yea, he is the one I am most worried about. But he does not have Bell and second place be just fine with me. :)
First will cover Uncle Sam's share. Who is his RB?
He has ODB tonight and appears to have Rivers and K. Allen tomorrow. No RB, QB/RB on MNF. Have an 11 point lead and Bell/Woodhead tomorrow. Ryazan2000, has Bell, J, Brown and Giant D tonight and a 9 point lead on me. Winning it would take some luck, but a good shot at a solid cash.

Maurile Tremblay said:
My plan is to find a few $1 multi-entry contests and spend $100 to upload all my lineups into them using the FanDuel Chrome Extension from Rotogrinders.
Status. LOL. No matter what happens, I'll be all over the map.
This got me thinking a bit tonight. What if you were to stack every QB with his top 2 pass catchers then fill in the roster? An example of a WTH lineup from today would be this with Bortles:

QB Blake Bortles 6900 32.25
RB Jamaal Charles 9100 8.9
RB LeVeon Bell 9000
WR Allen Robinson 6300 22.7
WR Allen Hurns 6100 20.1
WR Jordan Matthews 6800 6.9
TE Martellus Bennett 5900 5.2
K Stephen Gostkowski 5000 15
D Denver Broncos 4900 22
133.05 With Bell left

Granted, Charles injury hurt and Matthews and Bennett threw up stinkers but I wanted to build it like I didn't know what happened today.

Just a craptastic weekend in general. Huskers lose in epic fashion on the last play.....again. My Chiefs the 10 point favorite at home lose in more epic fashion and lose JC25. Mismanaged my fanduel. The cherry on top was losing my league game by 0.1 on OBJ final catch when he tweaked his hammy. There is always next week, at least in fantasy.

I'm playing in a multi-entry tourney that pays the top 60 spots. The guy in front of me by .5 points has 10 entries. that will likely keep me out of the cash.

Please pull for Danny Woodhead! LINK

Check out Bell 72% and Freeman only 8% owned!
Good luck. I think you're looking good accept for Assini having OBJ, Rivers, and a RB only 11 back.
Yea, he is the one I am most worried about. But he does not have Bell and second place be just fine with me. :)
First will cover Uncle Sam's share. Who is his RB?
He has ODB tonight and appears to have Rivers and K. Allen tomorrow. No RB, QB/RB on MNF. Have an 11 point lead and Bell/Woodhead tomorrow. Ryazan2000, has Bell, J, Brown and Giant D tonight and a 9 point lead on me. Winning it would take some luck, but a good shot at a solid cash.
Things went OK for you last night all things considered. Manning threw for 441 but ODB only had a good night, not great. NYG defense was bad. Brown had a good game though. Woodhead needs to find the endzone a couple times on runs, not passes tonight. Good luck.

Shared this sweat with the staff last night, but I'll throw it in here for this crew, too.

Have a lot of bullets to dodge tonight, but I've always felt it was better to enter the game in first place than to have to chase (one is guaranteed, one is not).

Here's to 3-0 defensive struggle! :shark:

https://www.fanduel.com/games/13183/contests/13183-16092182/entries/245896238/scoring?entry=244690818
Wow, big sweat for you tonight. Thanks for sharing, I will keep an eye on it. GL.

Shared this sweat with the staff last night, but I'll throw it in here for this crew, too.

Have a lot of bullets to dodge tonight, but I've always felt it was better to enter the game in first place than to have to chase (one is guaranteed, one is not).

Here's to 3-0 defensive struggle! :shark:

https://www.fanduel.com/games/13183/contests/13183-16092182/entries/245896238/scoring?entry=244690818
Good luck John, that would be awesome.

That's a surprisingly low 1st place score for a $300 entry tourney.

Man I got burnt on a good amount of players this week.

Charles Clay- thought he would see much more action against TN with watkins out, harvin hurting, and their running game in shambles. Very heavy on them

Giants Defense- Figured 49rs playing horrible, short week going cross country. Everything was in the favor of the giants. They got me 1 point..very heavy on them

KC kicker Santos- Only managed 5 points. I figured the bears would stop them on the bears side of the field. Not sure what happen here

I was also heavy on

Maclin- Bears worst defense giving up most td through the air and playing at home. Was a bounce back game, he didnt get involved until second half

J. Jones- Got most of his points on 1 catch, plays good at home

fitz- Going against a horrible lions Defense, in a dome, Lions are and were falling apart

They scored points, but did not reach their potential. Was heavily invested in them.

I honestly thought I had a solid cash lineup. here is one for example

P. Rivers- still to play

L. Bell- still to play

D. freeman - 29.2

L. Fitz - 14.3

J. Maclin -12.5

James Jones -14.7

Charles Clay - 1.2

New England kicker - 15

Giants D - 2

88.9 total points with rivers and bell left

Cash line currently 101.94

Just an example of what I thought to be a solid lineup and my thought process when I made it.

Honestly, after this week I feel I need to use some of my extra money to pay up for defense and kicker. Think from here on out I am just going to roster New englands kicker each week and possibly denvers defense depending on matchup.

Any suggestions?

alex smith is garbage

should have stuck with my original lineup. had eli and odb stack with forsett and freeman

missed on the TE had clay and daniels both are garbage.

went with santos and giants as well, total garbage

Denver seems to be the dst to play and gostkowski from here on

VA703 said:
alex smith is garbage

should have stuck with my original lineup. had eli and odb stack with forsett and freeman

missed on the TE had clay and daniels both are garbage.

went with santos and giants as well, total garbage

Denver seems to be the dst to play and gostkowski from here on
I had smith, Santos, Clay, and giants all in one of my LU's..that hurt.

They combined for 21.54 points. 4 positions and 21 points doesnt make for a very solid play. Here I thought it would be great..lol

I agree on denver and gostowski. Santos killed me as well as giants. I didnt see that coming. My 3 TEs I had for my lineups all crashed and burned. I had Clay, Bennet, and Daniels..Not one of my TE did a thing this week..

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread