What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 6 waiver wire? (2 Viewers)

Jamison Crowder and Derek Carrier are still on my wire. Although you have to temper both outlooks with Desean returning soon.

Another Redskin, Chris Thompson continues to prove a high floor in PPR.

Jamison Crowder and Derek Carrier are still on my wire. Although you have to temper both outlooks with Desean returning soon.

Another Redskin, Chris Thompson continues to prove a high floor in PPR.
I think Crowder will still get looks playing in the slot even with DeSean returning.

Marquess Wilson - WR Bears 6-85-1 on 8 targets

Antonio Andrews - RB Titans TD rushing and 3-45 on 4 targets

Willie Snead - WR Saints 6-141 on 11 targets

Josh Huff - WR Eagles 4-78-1 on 5 targets

Marcel Reece - RB Raiders 7-49-1 on 8 targets

I cannot believe that (insert name here) is available in your league!!!

You must be in a 4-team league!

He's owned in all 347 of my leagues!

What a bunch of amateurs!!!

(Figured I'd do it before anyone else had the chance)

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly think KC will be RBBC. Both guys worth owning, but not worth spending a high % of free-agent money.
I've seen enough of N Davis to know he's got RB1 upside. West seems to be the darling lately, but if I got a good amount of FAAB budget left and Davis is on the wire (he's owned in all my leagues) I'm throwing the kitchen sink at Davis.

Gary Barnidge (TE) if he's still available. 3 TD's in 3 straight weeks and over 100 yards in 2 of them. McCown looks for him often.

Could be a mirage, but seems like he's a big part of the offense. I used him as a bye week filler, but am hanging on.

Considering picking up C. West for Crowell - Crow is buried as my RB5 and see more upside with West, anybody doing the same?

I cannot believe that (insert name here) is available in your league!!!

You must be in a 4-team league!

He's owned in all 347 of my leagues!

What a bunch of amateurs!!!

(Figured I'd do it before anyone else had the chance)
I agree but you know you're listing your team in your sig, right?

I picked up west but davis is still on the wire. I don't have bench space to hold both so im gambling on west. I already dropped Hurns to get west. I could drop hankerson(started him so i can't drop him) for davis. My WR's are thin and if OBJ is out they are really thin. May stick with West and hope for the best.

hope we get some reports by wednesday night on west/davis.... I realize early reports are rbbc... but that doesnt really fit what reid has done during past charles injuries. what i dont get is davis has been GOOD in previous years when called upon... his only bugaboo has been fumbles.

strongly considering use all remaining FAAB (about 70%) on west... the chiefs RB job is just too fantasy friendly

hope we get some reports by wednesday night on west/davis.... I realize early reports are rbbc... but that doesnt really fit what reid has done during past charles injuries. what i dont get is davis has been GOOD in previous years when called upon... his only bugaboo has been fumbles.

strongly considering use all remaining FAAB (about 70%) on west... the chiefs RB job is just too fantasy friendly
Im debating the same thing but i steam defense all year and if West doesn't pan out to be THE GUY and is in a rbbc i screwed myself because to even pickup a Free agent it cost $10. (started with 1,000)

I picked up west but davis is still on the wire. I don't have bench space to hold both so im gambling on west. I already dropped Hurns to get west. I could drop hankerson(started him so i can't drop him) for davis. My WR's are thin and if OBJ is out they are really thin. May stick with West and hope for the best.
you must be weak at rb too. if you're so thin at wr (even thinner maybe if obj is out) then dropping hurns was a huge mistake.

you must be weak at rb too. if you're so thin at wr (even thinner maybe if obj is out) then dropping hurns was a huge mistake.
i have Bell, Lacy, Murray, Forsett, Woodhead, and Randle at RB. This is a 8 team PPR league. Yeah i hated to drop Hurns but couldn't drop hankerson since i started him. Im 2-2 and have OBJ, Landry, J. Mathews, M. Evans, Hankerson at WR. I hate my WR group other than my LSU WR's. Couldn't leave West on the wire even if i had to drop hurns. Maybe I should have dropped Evans? Debated but didn't do it.

If OBJ is out im screwed. Landry does get a bonus for return yards but the rest of my WR group is struggling for sure.

i have Bell, Lacy, Murray, Forsett, Woodhead, and Randle at RB. This is a 8 team PPR league. Yeah i hated to drop Hurns but couldn't drop hankerson since i started him. Im 2-2 and have OBJ, Landry, J. Mathews, M. Evans, Hankerson at WR. I hate my WR group other than my LSU WR's. Couldn't leave West on the wire even if i had to drop hurns. Maybe I should have dropped Evans? Debated but didn't do it.

If OBJ is out im screwed. Landry does get a bonus for return yards but the rest of my WR group is struggling for sure.
Ya with that lineup, I wouldn't drop Hurns for West unless you plan on making some trades. Hurns might be your best WR and West is going to be your 4th/5th RB. Maybe you can make some trades though. The new Hurns owner might trade him to you for West :P

Preemptive waivers for deep leagues-

Chase Daniels for high risk reward that might not pan out.

Regularly one of the best non-starting QBs in preseason and you'd probably be surprised how the Chiefs look with him at the helm.

Pick a WR any WR for the Chiefs too because if he plays then you'll realize no one in your league even rosters the Chiefs #2 WR

Also I think it's a matter of time before the "new" Dolphins staff plays the rook over Jennings. He's just not getting it done.

Diggs (discussion again if not picked up due to bye) just because. There's no spot for him with Johnson returning and Coradelle around but, there should be. After next week's game, it might be 'oh he played a bunch over Coradelle and subbed in for Wallace and Johnson.' Today many just consider him back to being 4th WR.

Just to help others gauge value, I dropped Crowell in one league and snagged West right after the injury.

(yeah its open waivers, but continuous rolling waiver when someone is dropped)

Not trying to even bring up that debate on if you like that setting or not...........

Anyway, my thinking is I will never be able to start Crowell with confidence, especially from what I have seen thus far this year.

But with my hodgepodge crew of other RBs that includes JSTEW, Lamar Miller, Hillman, Andre Ellington, Rashad Jennings and Thomas Rawls, hopefully I can start West in several times this year and be relatively confident when that time comes.

Also, what if it turns out that West isn't what we thought, and its a full blown split with Kniles Davis, what have I lost by dropping Crowell?

In another league, before the afternoon games I had Dion Lewis, Alfred Morris, Lamar Miller, Karlos Williams, Ronnie Hillman and Crowell there also. I dropped Crowell there too and picked up West..... with similar thinking, although I may not start West much under the assumption Miller comes back to life under the new coaching and softer schedule coming up.

I think Crowell has value, and I hated to drop him.

I contemplated dropping Hillman there instead, but that was before Hillman tanked again this week, even after the coaching promised to get him more touches.

I think there is a reasonable chance Hillman becomes somewhat dependable in Denver, and I just don't see it with Crowell.

I like Crow's talent, but the scenario there just doesn't make me have alot of faith.

TZM

Just to help others gauge value, I dropped Crowell in one league and snagged West right after the injury.

(yeah its open waivers, but continuous rolling waiver when someone is dropped)

Not trying to even bring up that debate on if you like that setting or not...........

Anyway, my thinking is I will never be able to start Crowell with confidence, especially from what I have seen thus far this year.

But with my hodgepodge crew of other RBs that includes JSTEW, Lamar Miller, Hillman, Andre Ellington, Rashad Jennings and Thomas Rawls, hopefully I can start West in several times this year and be relatively confident when that time comes.

Also, what if it turns out that West isn't what we thought, and its a full blown split with Kniles Davis, what have I lost by dropping Crowell?

In another league, before the afternoon games I had Dion Lewis, Alfred Morris, Lamar Miller, Karlos Williams, Ronnie Hillman and Crowell there also. I dropped Crowell there too and picked up West..... with similar thinking, although I may not start West much under the assumption Miller comes back to life under the new coaching and softer schedule coming up.

I think Crowell has value, and I hated to drop him.

I contemplated dropping Hillman there instead, but that was before Hillman tanked again this week, even after the coaching promised to get him more touches.

I think there is a reasonable chance Hillman becomes somewhat dependable in Denver, and I just don't see it with Crowell.

I like Crow's talent, but the scenario there just doesn't make me have alot of faith.

TZM
dont' like those drops at all. I'm not saying this in hindsight, but I'd drop hillman over crow any day. Cleve offense is clicking and you're a duke injury away from rb2 numbers, and he could be a flex play at times too.

dont' like those drops at all. I'm not saying this in hindsight, but I'd drop hillman over crow any day. Cleve offense is clicking and you're a duke injury away from rb2 numbers, and he could be a flex play at times too.
I do see where you are coming from. But I also think Hillman has value, but even moreso 2-3 days ago after what the coaching was saying recently about him getting more work.

(Note- today didn't help any of our opinions on Hillman, if anything it makes my drop look worse)

As far as the injury guessing is concerned, I .....like you, do try and anticipate what would happen.

But in a few ways I think Hillman has far more potential if a CJ Anderson occurs, than if a Duke injury occurs and I still rostered Crowell. Don't forget Turbin is looming and getting healthy.

I think you can also say that if CJ Anderson got injured, that Hillman should be expected a similar RB2 output, with much higher upside.

Sooner or later the Broncos will get some semblance of a running game going, and I'd much rather have the back on a Manning led team (even if Manning is declining) than someone on the Browns.

We may well be looking at close to the best the Browns can muster at RB currently, while thats certainly not the case with Denver.

Also note that Duke Johnson had been progressing in recent weeks, and seemed to be battling for more work, before today's decent Crow output that is.

I admit, that especially after today, that Crow has more immediate Flex value. But the truth is he won't see either of my lineups, barring a bizarre amount of injuries.

(Had Hillman not dropped his TD today, then it might not have even been a discussion)

If he hadn't, he may be the fully recognized bellcow in Denver by the time of this posting.

What it boiled down to in my mind, was that I had to drop someone to pick up West.

I was down to "who could be the biggest lottery ticket?", not necessarily current value, if you get my drift.

Hell I may regret it, who knows... LOL.

Appreciate the opinions as always Deamon. :yes:

TZM

With a RB stable of

Woodhead

Matt Jones

McFadden

R.Matthews

Z.Zenner

C.Michaels

I think I lead my league in potential RBs but that's not helping me this year...

I HAVE to go after West, don't I? I have the number 1 waiver priority that I've been saving for this moment.

CBS currently has Davis 51% owned, West 1%. I think there may still be a rush for Davis as owners reflexively add him, he was known as one of the few true handcuffs. I'm guessing those who have been holding Davis will believe they don't have to act. And people may not know West or trust him. The West thread right now has fallen off page 1 of TSP itself. I don't know how many people really know anything about West or have even seen him and yet are ready to throw their whole FAAB budget down on him, however some may not be. I'm just thinking he may actually end up somewhat overlooked or underbidded for Davis as a practical matter.

Whats with the "TZM" at the end of all your posts? We know its you dude.
Why does it bother you that he does that?
Little things seem to bother some people I guess.

(me too, just not that) :D

And that is a habit I picked up many years ago on a message board over 15 years ago.

That specific board was laid out differently than today's "modern messageboards" and it was much easier to distinguish different posts if people "signed" at the end of their posts.

Hope this helps

-TZM

Ya with that lineup, I wouldn't drop Hurns for West unless you plan on making some trades. Hurns might be your best WR and West is going to be your 4th/5th RB. Maybe you can make some trades though. The new Hurns owner might trade him to you for West :P
why on earth would anyone drop hurns?

Although I don't expect Eli Manning to have 54 pass attempts every week, Harris seems to be involved as the slot received and with Cruz out, and Randle and Beckham injuring their hammies, he could be a decent fill in.

Chicago Bears WR Marquess Wilson

He came into the league early as a young (20 yrs old) skinny (184 lb.) late draft pick (7th rd) with character issues. He needed to put on weight, clean up his character issues, and develop his game. Bears drafted WR Kevin White but he gets injured and lands on IR which seemed to open the door a little. They then trade away WR Brandon Marshall which seemed to open the door more but he couldn't beat out the guys in front of him but both Alshon Jeffery and Eddie Royale are gimped-up.

Last week he had a solid game and yesterday he stepped up. He could not only be a solid add for the next week or so but he could be a nice season addition.

Users who are viewing this thread