What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official "Space Blanket" for Better Call Saul*** (2 Viewers)

Really?

I felt like this episode was just a lot of filler. Not much action. Story barely moved forward.

The most that I got out of it was the very end showing that Mike now has the cartel on him.

He really has to take the gun rap or who knows what these guys will do to him.
I wonder if we will find out that Mike knew that when formulating his initial plan, and a meet with the Cartel was his objective all along.

Really?

I felt like this episode was just a lot of filler. Not much action. Story barely moved forward.

The most that I got out of it was the very end showing that Mike now has the cartel on him.

I wonder if we will find out that Mike knew that when formulating his initial plan, and a meet with the Cartel was his objective all along.

Happy to see a major female character in the BB/BCS series who's drawn in a positive fashion.  I don't remember any others.

The part with Kim trying to land clients was so well done; felt like I could feel her angst over turning Jimmy down on his "we could do this all the time" offer of being able to land the fish together, in the way that he does.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno......I thought Skyler was portrayed pretty positively in BB. I know Anna Gunn got a ton of hate mail, but I think that was a misreading of her character. She did some things that weren't the greatest (as do most of us), but she was continually put in horrible positions due to the actions of others. I know many (most?) will disagree with me, but that's how I saw her. 

Anyway, I really like Kim's character and think the actress is fantastic. The look on her face when Howard said he was giving her new client to someone else was heartbreaking.

Anyone see how Howard positioned himself to stand when the clients came into the building? What a #####
Wife and I both lol'd at his pose. And do you think he really had the bank book as a kid or did he look it up online before the client showed up? It's clear now that Chuck isn't Kim's enemy, it's Howard. Is he just jealous of her relationship with Jimmy?

Mike might come to regret the half measures he took with Tuco. Probably should have just listened to Nacho and took him out. Maybe not according to Nacho's plan though.

I liked the discussion Jimmy had with the guy on the bathroom. Looking back in time at that guy had to make Jimmy realize what a lucky ******* he really is.

Notice how it only took one lawyer (Chuck) to screw in the light bulb? lol... nice touch.

I guess Jimmy has no idea who Yo-Yo Ma is.

Really?

I wouldn't call it filler, but it was definitely slow for me too.  I think part of the problem is they're a victim of their own success.  There have been so many fantastic episodes (BB and BCS) that we've come to expect mind blowing stuff every time we tune in.  It definitely wasn't one of the best episode of the series for me.

Wife and I both lol'd at his pose. And do you think he really had the bank book as a kid or did he look it up online before the client showed up? It's clear now that Chuck isn't Kim's enemy, it's Howard. Is he just jealous of her relationship with Jimmy?

Mike might come to regret the half measures he took with Tuco. Probably should have just listened to Nacho and took him out. Maybe not according to Nacho's plan though.

I liked the discussion Jimmy had with the guy on the bathroom. Looking back in time at that guy had to make Jimmy realize what a lucky ******* he really is.

Notice how it only took one lawyer (Chuck) to screw in the light bulb? lol... nice touch.

I guess Jimmy has no idea who Yo-Yo Ma is.
Howard does a good job of coming off genuine/sincere at times but he totally has that sleaze ball attitude as well.
I believe him about the bank book but also wondered if it was a BS line.

I wouldn't call it filler, but it was definitely slow for me too.  I think part of the problem is they're a victim of their own success.  There have been so many fantastic episodes (BB and BCS) that we've come to expect mind blowing stuff every time we tune in.  It definitely wasn't one of the best episode of the series for me.
I thought most of the show was well done.. Just thought they spent WAY too much time on the Kim angle.. 

She's in the library, she's in the stairwell making calls, she's back in the library, she's in the parking garage making calls, she's back in the library, she's in the bathroom making calls.. Thanks for beating us over the head that she wants out of the library :rolleyes:

So I wonder if Mike is the one that puts Hector in the wheelchair and unable to speak?

Does anyone else think that Chuck might have made up the story about Jimmy taking money from their Dad's store just to further damage his relationship with Kim?   Jimmy might be a con-man but he is a good one and it seems out of character for him to blow through $14k of his Dad's money.
You may be right, but if we take Chuck at his word, he blames Jimmy for the death of his father - a man that he viewed in a unrealistically virtuous light.  That would explain Chuck's animosity.  My first thought was this was going to set up a flash back to their Dad's shop where we find out what really happened.  I wouldnt be surprised to learn that Chuck's Dad was more like Jimmy than Chuck, but Chuck was too blind to see it.  Maybe he had a gambling problem or something of the sort and he either let Chuck assume that it was Jimmy's fault or Jimmy himself took the blame because he knew that Chuck would be crushed to learn that his father was not the man he thought he was. 

If not that, then Chuck is just insanely jealous of Jimmy.  Maybe Jimmy was their Dad's favorite and Chuck couldn't understand it and now he resents Jimmy for it.   Either way, I think we're getting a flashback that will help explain the nature of their relationship. 

I thought most of the show was well done.. Just thought they spent WAY too much time on the Kim angle.. 

She's in the library, she's in the stairwell making calls, she's back in the library, she's in the parking garage making calls, she's back in the library, she's in the bathroom making calls.. Thanks for beating us over the head that she wants out of the library :rolleyes:
Yeah, I thought that went on a bit long.

Anyone see how Howard positioned himself to stand when the clients came into the building? What a #####

Lawyers are just the worst human beings on the face of the earth.

Which is why I love Jimmy/Saul.  He recognizes this and runs with it without the pompous bull#### facade that his brother and his ilk put up.

From Reddit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOEL9mfdsZ8

Same guy Kim and Saul scammed at the bar.

Character development

backstory reveals

fantastic acting and cinematography. The camera angles they choose are fantastic.
All this plus the little nuances (Jimmy humming Rocky theme as he drives by Mike). The are multiple layers and even the scenes that seem innocuous have something going on. The writing on this show off the hook good.

All this plus the little nuances (Jimmy humming Rocky theme as he drives by Mike). The are multiple layers and even the scenes that seem innocuous have something going on. The writing on this show off the hook good.
the fact that you even have to point these things out tells you everything you need to know about some posters...they should go back to watching reruns of the A team

Is Chuck wearing the blanket material under his suit?
Yes. Jimmy sewed the foil into the lining of one of his suit coats in a previous episode. He's probably had his whole wardrobe converted by this point.

Each a different, beautiful shade of Hamlindigo.
Little known fact, Howard Hamlin was one of the founders of the law school attended by Woz and I.  Every bit as prestigious as University of American Samoa School of Law, but with none of the climatic advantages.  The Dean's office was painted Hamlindigo blue in honor of Howard.

Harry Hamlin of L.A. Law fame was the other co-founder.

Some are complaining that the episodes are "slow".  Well, so am I (slow), so I appreciate it.  Gives me a change to recognize and process things I may have otherwise missed.  Absolutely love this show right now.

Well, I think what they're trying to do is build a significant sense of viewer empathy for Kim.  We know Saul eventually becomes Saul and Kim isn't in the picture, and we know Jimmy/Saul really cares about Kim so, likely, Kim suffers some tragic fate at the hands of BigLaw and likely that helps Jimmy/Saul be able to away from BigLaw/honorable practice to become the money-chasing, rule-breaking strip mall attorney. I imagine, like WW in BB, Jimmy/Saul will eventually do some things that displease the viewer.  Kim is being build as the tragic hero in all of this I think.  If that's the case, then those longer scenes were important. 

Little known fact, Howard Hamlin was one of the founders of the law school attended by Woz and me.  Every bit as prestigious as University of American Samoa School of Law, but with none of the climatic advantages.  The Dean's office was painted Hamlindigo blue in honor of Howard.

Harry Hamlin of L.A. Law fame was the other co-founder.
Right.  They just added the "e" at the end of the title to stay humble. 

Also, switched it to "Woz and me."

Well, I think what they're trying to do is build a significant sense of viewer empathy for Kim.  We know Saul eventually becomes Saul and Kim isn't in the picture, and we know Jimmy/Saul really cares about Kim so, likely, Kim suffers some tragic fate at the hands of BigLaw and likely that helps Jimmy/Saul be able to away from BigLaw/honorable practice to become the money-chasing, rule-breaking strip mall attorney. I imagine, like WW in BB, Jimmy/Saul will eventually do some things that displease the viewer.  Kim is being build as the tragic hero in all of this I think.  If that's the case, then those longer scenes were important. 
:shrug: too each their own..

I got to a point where I was looking at my phone, starting out the windows, watching my dog itch his A## waiting for the scene to end. ;)

The last episode was definitely tedious. But this whole season has felt like filler and then we're thrown a bone with a BB cameo here and there. Loved the character of Saul Goodman. It's starting to feel like the story of how Jimmy became Saul, isn't all that compelling. 

As long as we don't get another "Fly" episode with Kim and Jimmy waxing poetic in a parking garage, I'm fine with the pace of the show.  

The last episode was definitely tedious. But this whole season has felt like filler and then we're thrown a bone with a BB cameo here and there. Loved the character of Saul Goodman. It's starting to feel like the story of how Jimmy became Saul, isn't all that compelling. 
Agreed but I think they're teasing us BB fans.  Just giving us the tip.  If we're patient, the payoff will come.  I have a feeling we'll see Yung Saul in action by Season 3.  

Lord. 

They have to build character development or else what happens to them at the end won't have any significance. So dumb this has to be explained. Maybe it would be better for some of you if Kim just flashed her #### for an hour straight. 

Users who are viewing this thread