What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Terrelle Pryor (2 Viewers)

Coleman didn't participate, his leg was wrapped and Josh Gordon is still nursing a quad injury so he wasn't playing either so TP may have been the starting X-WR yesterday.

Head Coach Hue Jackson said that any of the WRs might be highlighted by the week.

http://abc6onyourside.com/sports/content/browns-find-terrelle-pryor-with-the-deep-ball-in-return-trip-to-the-shoe

Former Buckeye quarterback turned receiver Terrelle Pryor gave the Central Ohio crowd the highlight of the day on a touchdown streak to the end zone in the second half.

Head Coach Hue Jackson was asked if Pryor was a point of emphasis for the Browns during the Orange and Brown scrimmage because it was at Ohio State: “No. You know what’s interesting – one night it could be this guy, the next night it could be that guy. No, he wasn’t. We didn’t set it up that way. Obviously, that’s the way it’s going to be for our football team. One day, it might be (WR) Corey (Coleman), another day it, might be Terrelle and the next day it might be Hawk (WR Andrew Hawkins). It could be a lot of different people, and that’s the fun part about our offensive football team. We have some guys that can make some plays.”

TP not only caught that deep bomb he also had a red zone score as well.

https://twitter.com/TerrellePryor

ESPN Cleveland's Tony Grossi considers Terrelle Pryor the Browns' No. 2 receiver ahead of preseason games.
Browns.com's Nathan Zegura has also indicated Pryor is high on the depth chart. Grossi believes Pryor is ahead of Andrew Hawkins and Rashard Higgins, and the rest is "wide open," with only Corey Coleman ahead of Pryor right now. Josh Gordon will be a starter once he returns from his quadriceps injury, but is suspended for the first four games. Pryor should be owned in Dynasty leagues.

Source: Tony Grossi on Twitter 
Aug 7 - 3:29 PM

I'm thinking that Higgins and Hawkins are really fighting over the slot. Pryor vs Gordon will be for the #2 opposite Coleman. Gordon is a total mystery now, I think, and Pryor has a few games to get a good head of steam. 

Terrelle Pryor is listed as a starting receiver on the Browns' initial depth chart.
With Josh Gordon out of shape, not practicing, and ineligible for the Browns' first four games of the regular season, Pryor is the starter opposite rookie Corey Coleman. Andrew Hawkins is listed with the twos, but figures to be the slot man in three-wide sets. Pryor will be fun to watch this preseason.

Aug 8 - 8:34 PM

Love how hard this guy has worked to be relevant. Props to him.....really rooting for him. Not sure Gordon unseats him with Pryor getting a four game head start. If Gordon can somehow stay on the field CLE all of a sudden has some interesting weapons.

If Pryor is the real deal Gordon is almost assuredly good as gone. They'll trade him for anything they can get. 

Love how hard this guy has worked to be relevant. Props to him.....really rooting for him. Not sure Gordon unseats him with Pryor getting a four game head start. If Gordon can somehow stay on the field CLE all of a sudden has some interesting weapons.
So strange that they might have a legit starting 3 WR set without even delving into the plethora of mid-late round WR's they drafted at all. I imagine they are going to face some tough cuts at the position, right? No way could they have expected both Gordon to be reinstated and Pryor to pay off at the time of the draft...they probably thought neither were likely.

(RotoWire) Pryor was seen with his right calf wrapped with ice during practice Wednesday, but doesn't expect to miss any time, Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal reports.

Analysis: It appears to be just a minor issue for Pryor, who doesn't expect to miss any practice. Pryor was listed as a starter on the Browns' unofficial depth chart and with both Corey Coleman (hamstring) and Andrew Hawkins (hamstring) already ruled out of the team's preseason opener Friday, Pryor could see the bulk of the targets with the first team. However, considering it's just the start of the preseason, the Browns might limit his reps, so it remains to be seen how long Pryor will remain on the field Friday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000684624/article/what-we-learned-19-takeaways-from-fridays-games?campaign=tw-nf-sf33264191-sf33264191

Pryor's transition to wide receiver is going better than anyone could reasonably expect. He finished with 57 yards on two grabs and looks nearly certain to be starting Week 1 along with Browns rookieCorey Coleman, if they can stay healthy. Pryor told reporters after the game he underwent X-rays on his left hand that were negative and said he feels fine.

Browns WR Terrelle Pryor caught a 50-yard touchdown in Thursday's preseason game against the Falcons.
Lined up against lockdown CB Desmond Trufant, Pryor played pitch and catch with Robert Griffin III down the right sideline, breaking free from Trufant to catch a bomb in stride. It was Pryor's only grab on two targets, but he now has three catches for 107 yards through two exhibition games. Pryor has not only sewn up a roster spot, but likely a Week 1 starting job.

Aug 18 - 10:43 PM

No way this guy is fantasy relevant in 2016 unless the Browns suffer major injuries.
If he secures one of the starting spots, he has to be considered relevant for at least 4 weeks, no?

I guess it depends on league size and lineup requirements too, of course.  I play in larger/deeper ones mostly.

He just carved up one of the best DBs in the league...the only question will be quality targets, which is a pretty big question.

Does he have a shot of securing the #3 WR spot in Cleveland? You have to think that's the best he's aiming for with Gordan back and Coleman just drafted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does he have a shot of securing the #3 WR spot in Cleveland? You have to think that's the best he's aiming for with Gordan back and Coleman just drafted.
I think the best we can hope for as Pryor owners is that the Browns work out a deal to trade Gordon. I'm sure they will shop him hard if they feel Pryor is a starter.......

Why is Gordon a shoe-in to be a starter? This is a guy who has been proven to be unreliable and has not played in a LONG time. The new regime has no ties to him. They have however witnessed Pryor working his rear off to succeed at a position change. They also have witnessed Pryor make two HUGE plays in a small portion of game action. I wouldn't assume anything about Gordon being given anything. The new regime has also hand picked several guys in the draft that I am sure they would like to develop.

Nate Ulrich ‏@NateUlrichABJ  3h3 hours ago
Here for #Browns and #Buccaneers joint practice
Tony Grossi ‏@TonyGrossi  47m47 minutes ago
Terrelle Pryor looking smooth beating Brent Grimes on deep out. All hands catch on RG3 bullet.
http://www.ohio.com/sports/browns/browns-eager-to-unleash-wide-receiver-trio-of-corey-coleman-josh-gordon-terrelle-pryor-in-tampa-1.706475

Browns eager to unleash wide receiver trio of Corey Coleman, Josh Gordon, Terrelle Pryor in Tampa

...  With Coleman and Gordon returning from injuries, the threesome is on track to make its preseason debut when the Browns face the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the third exhibition game for both teams beginning at 8 p.m. Friday at Raymond James Stadium.

The two teams will also practice together at the Bucs’ training facility Tuesday and Wednesday.

...  “That’s a really, really solid receiving corps,” Browns two-time Pro Bowl cornerback Joe Haden said. “You know, each one of them running under 4.3 [seconds in the 40-yard dash means they] can take you vertical. Those are really, really good deep threats.

“Teams don’t have two players like that, and we have three of them. So just being able to challenge people vertically, not being able to put an extra safety in the box because you need to have two safeties deep to make sure the corners don’t get beat, I think that just stretches out the field for us in ways that we haven’t had before.”

...Pryor — with three catches for 107 yards and a touchdown in two exhibition games — has been one of the most pleasant surprises of the offseason in his second summer at his new position.

...Pryor must continue to progress in his transition from quarterback to receiver. It remains to be seen whether he can serve as a legitimate weapon for the Browns once their regular season begins Sept. 11.

“I’m all-in with Pryor. I’m completely sold. He’s been getting better and better,” Haden said. “I always tell him the improvement he’s had from last season of just trying it out to this season being a legitimate receiver that’s starting in the NFL, it’s incredible to show the work he’s put in with his route-running, hand placement.

“He was a quarterback so you know the offense probably came a little bit easier to him just being able to do that and now literally just making plays every single day. It goes without being said that he put that work in, and I think he deserves a lot of credit.”

Does Pryor have value in re-draft leagues this season? 
Pryor does have redraft value.  Coleman is unproven.  Gordon has been out of football a long time, will sit out the first four weeks, has not proven he can stay clean, and trade rumors have surfaced.  Pryor is still raw and runs a very limited route tree, but what he does, he does extremely well, and RG3 has the arm to match Pryor's speed.  I earlier compared Pryor's physical abilities (and development) to Cordarrelle Patterson's, but unlike Patterson, Pryor has a solid work ethic, a desire to develop his game, and he is playing with a QB who excels at throwing the deep ball.  Even with Coleman and Gordon on the field, Pryor is certain to get his number called.  It will be interesting to see how opposing defenses try to contain the speedy trio.  They could be a lot of fun to watch this season.

Edit to add:  As a dynasty prospect I have really warmed up to Pryor.  I truly believe he could become a special player, with Demaryius Thomas-like upside.  Pryor combines a rare combination of size and speed with football smarts and a good work ethic.  He is undoubtedly raw as a wide receiver, but I like what I have seen so far.

Bloom has been onto Pryor long before most others.

I still want to see more than GO routes before I buy in all the way but he seems to have turned a corner and 'looks like' he will be a deep scoring threat right off the bat.

Sigmund Bloom ‏@SigmundBloom  1h1 hour ago
CBs on Pryor have to be perfect when deep ball in flight. Summon up top speed & play ball in air w size disadvantage. Scary proposition
Sigmund Bloom ‏@SigmundBloom  1h1 hour ago
Sigmund Bloom Retweeted Derek's Daycare
Every time I redo ranks I move Pryor up. Physical profile matches unstoppable WR & plays ball more than well enough

Sigmund Bloom ‏@SigmundBloom  3h3 hours ago
Robert Griffin III is going to be a solid FF QB1 or an early bust. Moved him up to QB15. Excellent Wk 1 streamer candidate
2 retweets 40 likes
Reply   Retweet  2   

Kris Tj
‏@givemefantasy
@SigmundBloom thoughts on Pryor in PPR this year?

remember when Travis Benjamin on the Browns last year was on a bunch of winning DFS teams? Yeah, I can see that happening again with Pryor.

After my redraft auction last night was not feeling great about my WRs and bench in general.  Realized this morning that I forgot about Pryor, and so did my league- where a lot of us are upside guys and we have deep rosters. So I'm a bit surprised.

I've had some good luck/history with pre-week 1 pickups going back to Willie Parker way back when, Dion Lewis, and others. Pryor feels like he could be that guy this year.

So many variables in Cleveland with new coaching staff, RG3, Gordon coming back from suspension, emergence of Coleman, etc.  But Pryor has the physical tools, seems to have matured both on and off the field, and at 27 I can see him becoming a very good NFL WR.  Or it could all fizzle away. Glad I'm invested in watching now though. 

For the time being, though, doesn't Pryor have a limited route tree? Seems like a great what the heck flex because one play could make the week, but if he doesn't hit a HR I'm not seeing a lot of value.

Yes, he is still raw and has shown a limited route tree so far. So a big part of the question for his redraft value is how effective he can be with the limited route tree and how quickly he can expand it.  As a former QB and in his 2nd full season at WR I would think that he should have a pretty good understanding of route concepts.  It may just be a matter of repittion in developing a fuller set of routes he can be effective on.

Either way he figures to get plenty of opportunitites in terms of snaps and targets since he will apparently open the season starting in 2 WR sets.  And the targets he does get have big play potential.  

If your rosters are short then I guess there is less appeal but as an end of the bench upside guy..... Not many guys out there that I like better.

VaTerp said:
Yes, he is still raw and has shown a limited route tree so far. So a big part of the question for his redraft value is how effective he can be with the limited route tree and how quickly he can expand it.  As a former QB and in his 2nd full season at WR I would think that he should have a pretty good understanding of route concepts.  It may just be a matter of repittion in developing a fuller set of routes he can be effective on.

Either way he figures to get plenty of opportunitites in terms of snaps and targets since he will apparently open the season starting in 2 WR sets.  And the targets he does get have big play potential.  

If your rosters are short then I guess there is less appeal but as an end of the bench upside guy..... Not many guys out there that I like better.

Well, Pryor only caught 1 pass last year.  He has looked good on 'Go routes' but we haven't seen him do much on anything else.

If you look at him and his game you will see a big, tall, long-strider.  You won't see quick, explosive, choppy-steps required to make moves in a phonebox that smaller and quicker/explosive WRs make in order to gain separation and make plays in space.  We have not seen Pryor make those sorts of moves, just the opposite.  The only time I saw him attempt anything of that sort was in the preseason game against Green Bay where he caught a screen behind the line of scrimmage and couldn't make the turn upfield and got his legs tangled by a quicker/shorter DB who wrapped him up before others came in to make the kill.  

As it stands right now, Pryor is a big/tall/long-strider/deep threat.  He is able to muscle his way off the LOS and has the deep speed to force a safety deep but I haven't seen him make plays in space and haven't seen much of anything else on the route tree.  I don't think he is built to make plays in space thus he isn't a natural Flanker (Z-WR).  

What he brings are QB skills in addition to natural athletic ability so I anticipate that we will see some tricker-a-tion-type plays where TP lines up in the backfield and we 'may' see him attempt a pass or two during the season.  

I wouldn't expect him to blossom into being a complete WR but he has exciting abilities and he will score on the deep ball this year.

Well, Pryor only caught 1 pass last year.  He has looked good on 'Go routes' but we haven't seen him do much on anything else.

If you look at him and his game you will see a big, tall, long-strider.  You won't see quick, explosive, choppy-steps required to make moves in a phonebox that smaller and quicker/explosive WRs make in order to gain separation and make plays in space.  We have not seen Pryor make those sorts of moves, just the opposite.  The only time I saw him attempt anything of that sort was in the preseason game against Green Bay where he caught a screen behind the line of scrimmage and couldn't make the turn upfield and got his legs tangled by a quicker/shorter DB who wrapped him up before others came in to make the kill.  

As it stands right now, Pryor is a big/tall/long-strider/deep threat.  He is able to muscle his way off the LOS and has the deep speed to force a safety deep but I haven't seen him make plays in space and haven't seen much of anything else on the route tree.  I don't think he is built to make plays in space thus he isn't a natural Flanker (Z-WR).  

What he brings are QB skills in addition to natural athletic ability so I anticipate that we will see some tricker-a-tion-type plays where TP lines up in the backfield and we 'may' see him attempt a pass or two during the season.  

I wouldn't expect him to blossom into being a complete WR but he has exciting abilities and he will score on the deep ball this year.
I havent watched him as closely as you apparently have so I'll take your word for it.  I just like the little I've seen and think he does have a little suddeness to him, even if he needs more space in which to operate than some other WRs.

And there seem to be folks whose opinions people respect who think Pryor can develop.  I think we all agree he will make some big plays this year.  The question is whether he will be able to produce with any consistency to be trusted in lineups.  We'll see.  Odds are probably against it but the upside is appealing, and I think real.

I havent watched him as closely as you apparently have so I'll take your word for it.  I just like the little I've seen and think he does have a little suddeness to him, even if he needs more space in which to operate than some other WRs.

And there seem to be folks whose opinions people respect who think Pryor can develop.  I think we all agree he will make some big plays this year.  The question whether he will be able to produce with any consistency to be trusted in lineups.  We'll see.  Odds are probably against it but the upside is appealing, and I think real.

You hit on the key word.

I had high hopes but CLE, shockingly, has already turned into a dumpster fire.  

He's still on my roster in a league with very deep benches and limited FA pickups.  I'll be dropping him as soon as someone is out there worth using on of my transactions on.

Users who are viewing this thread