What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** FFA WAGERING THREAD - Merry Christmas!!! (2 Viewers)

Golden Tate 1st TD +1100
late to the party on this one, but still took it:

Ertz under 6.5 receptions -150

Ertz should be targeted and Cowboys are susceptible to it. But the Eagles tackles are beat the F up, and RBs are beat with pass protection too. So if they want to save Carson Wentz's life, they will keep Ertz in more to block. 

ETA: also haven't played 1st TD in awhile. Will join you there bud, also trying Amani Cooper +1000. Banking on Eagles strategy saying if the Cowboys are going to win it will be by Dak and not by Zeke. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Ertz should be targeted and Cowboys are susceptible to it. But the Eagles tackles are beat the F up, and RBs are beat with pass protection too. So if they want to save Carson Wentz's life, they will keep Ertz in more to block. 
Like the U6.5 im bailing on Ertz U6, good luck. Tailing you guys on Tate and added Cooper +1400 why not. :shrug:  

I played

Smallwood U33.5 (-115)
Zeke U78.5 (-115)
Goedert U14.5 (+105)
Hurns U15.5 (-135)
Agholar U3 (-110)
Agholar U35.5 (-115)

Nebraska +1.5 vs. Sparty.

I"m a homer but the wrong team is favored here. Me and my buddies talked yesterday, I thought it would be NU -2.5.
Fallica on Twitter this morning asked if there's any way NU wouldn't be favored. Nebraska could still certainly lose
this game, but they're playing better than Sparty right now, it's in Lincoln, and this is not the same team it was 4 or
5 weeks ago. I don't think Sparty's offense will be capable enough to put up a bunch on Nebraska's bad defense and
I don't think anyone in the B1G outside of Michigan is capable of stopping our offense right now.

1st Score under 6:30.

Philly will be a better team off the bye, and Tate will help.  Dallas has no Sean Lee which helps Ertz and the running game.  Even if Dallas gets the ball 1st, I see a quick-ish score.

Ref, I imagine you somewhere acting like Mel from Braveheart screaming HOLD while waiting for that TD to live bet the over in this NFC East Primetime game.  You painted your face, didn'tcha.

modogg said:

ETA: also haven't played 1st TD in awhile. Will join you there bud, also trying Amani Cooper +1000. Banking on Eagles strategy saying if the Cowboys are going to win it will be by Dak and not by Zeke. 
whew, hell of a swing and miss with Ertz there. Jerks better win the game by 7 now to make up for it

I think a good rule of thumb from here on out is anytime you hear about how Vegas got their ### kicked in the NFL, maybe just don't bet the NFL the following week.
What comes around goes around.

Just watched this. Wtf? Worst if both worlds. You could fumble still and you dont score. Coach had -13. Player had +13.
Player did the right thing for the win.  It seems that the coach wanted the style points for the committee, which I understand.  But how can you not have that conversation before hand?  And on the next two downs!

Ref, I imagine you somewhere acting like Mel from Braveheart screaming HOLD while waiting for that TD to live bet the over in this NFC East Primetime game.  You painted your face, didn'tcha.
Truth of the matter is after the best weekend of my life last week I had a mediocre day Saturday that found myself down a small chunk at the end of the day.  Nothing disasterous but enough to notice.  I eyeballed that Patriot line as being too good all week.  After the first two drives by the pats that feature one play that was a Hail Mary type pass I fired a big bet on The titans 1h and game ML.  By 4PM rolled around I was back to even and napped out the rest of the day.

looks like we would have had a huge middle opertunity but they scored one too many to cash em both.  It is crazy how often that happens with these prime time NFC East games.

Truth of the matter is after the best weekend of my life last week I had a mediocre day Saturday that found myself down a small chunk at the end of the day.  Nothing disasterous but enough to notice.  I eyeballed that Patriot line as being too good all week.  After the first two drives by the pats that feature one play that was a Hail Mary type pass I fired a big bet on The titans 1h and game ML.  By 4PM rolled around I was back to even and napped out the rest of the day.

looks like we would have had a huge middle opertunity but they scored one too many to cash em both.  It is crazy how often that happens with these prime time NFC East games.
Time to start working this icon in

?

So on November 9th I made the following bet for 12 bucks...

Placed - 6 Team Parlay 

Buffalo Bills +7 (-115)(251) Buffalo Bills @ (252) New York Jets

Tennessee Titans +7 (-110)(259) New England Patriots @ (260) TENNESSEE TITANS

Green Bay Packers -10 (-105)(261) Miami Dolphins @ (262) Green Bay Packers

Seattle Seahawks +9.5 (-115)(271) Seattle Seahawks @ (272) Los Angeles Rams

Dallas Cowboys +7 (+100)(273) Dallas Cowboys @ (274) Philadelphia Eagles

San Francisco 49ers -3 (-125)(275) New York Giants @ (276) San Francisco 49ers

I of course start my usual debate on hedging in my head. I was looking at my NCAA futures bets I made last week(Syracuse, Clemson, Marquette, Auburn) and I see buried in the middle of those on November 6th at 1:36am I made the following bet for 8 bucks...

Placed - 6 Team Parlay 

Buffalo Bills +8 (-120)(251) Buffalo Bills @ (252) New York Jets

Chicago Bears -6 (-125)(265) Detroit Lions @ (266) Chicago Bears

New Orleans Saints -4 (-125)(255) New Orleans Saints @ (256) Cincinnati Bengals

Washington Redskins +3 (-120)(257) Washington Redskins @ (258) Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Seattle Seahawks +10 (-115)(271) Seattle Seahawks @ (272) Los Angeles Rams

New York Giants +3 (-115)(275) New York Giants @ (276) San Francisco 49ers

So I guess I already hedged, :lmao:  Only two parlays I had either team in. My gut tells me The Giants will win tonight, but the numbers say San Fran. FWIW I did some props for tonight and pretty much all of them involve Giants success. I have no idea why I feel this way, but I just think The giants will have a heck of a game tonight. 

I did really well this week after being what seems to be the only guy to get walloped last week.I had the bears, bills, and/or titans in pretty much every parlay. Would have been much better but I made a really really really dumb drunk bet late night.

This 9 teamer (I guess technically an 8 teamer with the push in there) stings a bit in hindsight. Especially if you look at the play by play for Zona game. Luckily that wasnt the last leg. Still were like 4 games after it. UVA was leading by 25 at half so I pretty much wrote off GW so I stopped tracking this one. Was a 3 dollar wager. 

Milwaukee Bucks +3.0 (-110)Milwaukee Bucks @ Denver Nuggets

George Washington +25.5 (-110)George Washington @ Virginia (#5)

Ohio State -17.5 (-110)IPFW @ Ohio State

Arizona -22.0 (-110)LossCal Poly SLO  @ Arizona

Los Angeles Chargers -10.0 (-110)Los Angeles Chargers @ Oakland Raiders

Dallas Cowboys +7.5 (-110)Dallas Cowboys @ Philadelphia Eagles

Chicago Bears -7.0 (-105)Detroit Lions @ Chicago Bears

Jacksonville Jaguars +3.0 (-115)Jacksonville Jaguars @ Indianapolis Colts

Tennessee Titans +7.0 (-115)New England Patriots @ Tennessee Titans

So on November 9th I made the following bet for 12 bucks...

Placed - 6 Team Parlay 

Buffalo Bills +7 (-115)(251) Buffalo Bills @ (252) New York Jets

Tennessee Titans +7 (-110)(259) New England Patriots @ (260) TENNESSEE TITANS

Green Bay Packers -10 (-105)(261) Miami Dolphins @ (262) Green Bay Packers

Seattle Seahawks +9.5 (-115)(271) Seattle Seahawks @ (272) Los Angeles Rams

Dallas Cowboys +7 (+100)(273) Dallas Cowboys @ (274) Philadelphia Eagles

San Francisco 49ers -3 (-125)(275) New York Giants @ (276) San Francisco 49ers

I of course start my usual debate on hedging in my head. I was looking at my NCAA futures bets I made last week(Syracuse, Clemson, Marquette, Auburn) and I see buried in the middle of those on November 6th at 1:36am I made the following bet for 8 bucks...

Placed - 6 Team Parlay 

Buffalo Bills +8 (-120)(251) Buffalo Bills @ (252) New York Jets

Chicago Bears -6 (-125)(265) Detroit Lions @ (266) Chicago Bears

New Orleans Saints -4 (-125)(255) New Orleans Saints @ (256) Cincinnati Bengals

Washington Redskins +3 (-120)(257) Washington Redskins @ (258) Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Seattle Seahawks +10 (-115)(271) Seattle Seahawks @ (272) Los Angeles Rams

New York Giants +3 (-115)(275) New York Giants @ (276) San Francisco 49ers

So I guess I already hedged, :lmao:  Only two parlays I had either team in. My gut tells me The Giants will win tonight, but the numbers say San Fran. FWIW I did some props for tonight and pretty much all of them involve Giants success. I have no idea why I feel this way, but I just think The giants will have a heck of a game tonight. 

I did really well this week after being what seems to be the only guy to get walloped last week.I had the bears, bills, and/or titans in pretty much every parlay. Would have been much better but I made a really really really dumb drunk bet late night.

This 9 teamer (I guess technically an 8 teamer with the push in there) stings a bit in hindsight. Especially if you look at the play by play for Zona game. Luckily that wasnt the last leg. Still were like 4 games after it. UVA was leading by 25 at half so I pretty much wrote off GW so I stopped tracking this one. Was a 3 dollar wager. 

Milwaukee Bucks +3.0 (-110)Milwaukee Bucks @ Denver Nuggets

George Washington +25.5 (-110)George Washington @ Virginia (#5)

Ohio State -17.5 (-110)IPFW @ Ohio State

Arizona -22.0 (-110)LossCal Poly SLO  @ Arizona

Los Angeles Chargers -10.0 (-110)Los Angeles Chargers @ Oakland Raiders

Dallas Cowboys +7.5 (-110)Dallas Cowboys @ Philadelphia Eagles

Chicago Bears -7.0 (-105)Detroit Lions @ Chicago Bears

Jacksonville Jaguars +3.0 (-115)Jacksonville Jaguars @ Indianapolis Colts

Tennessee Titans +7.0 (-115)New England Patriots @ Tennessee Titans
Jeez dude.  Nice job.  Only like 4 "public" bets won in the NFL yesterday, and you got all of em right.

Hoops

Minnesota -8.5
Washington -9.5

Didn't do a lot of work on these. Gophers had a ton of injuries last year, they should be good if they stay healthy.
This feels like an overreaction in the Washington game to their loss to Auburn.

So did a second half parlay for the first batch of CBB games...

Win - 4 Team Parlay 

Penn State - 2H -5.5 (-110)Jacksonville State  @ Penn State

Saint Joseph's - 2H -7.5 (-110)Monmouth @ Saint Joseph's

Stanford  - 2H +6.0 (-110)Stanford  @ North Carolina (#8)

Pittsburgh  - 2H -1.5 (-110)Troy @ Pittsburgh 

ETA: Thrilled to get the push on the stanford game overall as I took them +18. Down 26 at half thought no way

Hoops

Minnesota -8.5
Washington -9.5

Didn't do a lot of work on these. Gophers had a ton of injuries last year, they should be good if they stay healthy.
This feels like an overreaction in the Washington game to their loss to Auburn.
:kicksrock:  I am on the exact opposite of both of these. I kind of figured san diego could give washington fits and they had had that brutal trip back. Utah isnt an educated pick on my part. 

Jonathan Bales‏ @BalesFootball 11h11 hours ago

There have been 11 games to close with a total of 57.5 or higher over the past 15 years. Every one has gone over, and by an average of more than 10 points.

Gonna be tough to bet over 63 or 64 or whatever, especially with that field.  Sigh.

parasaurolophus said:
:kicksrock:  I am on the exact opposite of both of these. I kind of figured san diego could give washington fits and they had had that brutal trip back. Utah isnt an educated pick on my part. 
Minnesota got lucky to cover. Krystowiak is a better coach than baby Pitino. Lot of talent on Minnesota, lot of talented freshmen, they still make freshmen mistakes though.
I don't know if Washington can cover if they don't go at Pineiro and get the 3rd foul on him. SD's 3 point D is pretty tough and UDUB seems to be having trouble finishing in the
paint.

Minnesota got lucky to cover. Krystowiak is a better coach than baby Pitino. Lot of talent on Minnesota, lot of talented freshmen, they still make freshmen mistakes though.
I don't know if Washington can cover if they don't go at Pineiro and get the 3rd foul on him. SD's 3 point D is pretty tough and UDUB seems to be having trouble finishing in the
paint.
Wrong. 

Wisconsin -1.5

Wisconsin/Xavier u 145

Georgetown +6.5

Memphis +10.5

Temple -3.5
WIth you on the bottom two. Have zero thoughts on gtown game. I have looked at that WI game over and over. My instinct tells me xavier is the better team here, but obviously UW has given them fits in the past. I realize different players, different coach, but he is a disciple. What pushed you to Wisconsin? 

WIth you on the bottom two. Have zero thoughts on gtown game. I have looked at that WI game over and over. My instinct tells me xavier is the better team here, but obviously UW has given them fits in the past. I realize different players, different coach, but he is a disciple. What pushed you to Wisconsin? 
Most of the team back vs a team with a lot of turnover who lost their coach and best player and it's early season.  

Users who are viewing this thread