What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Romeo Doubs, GB (1 Viewer)

Rodgers is going to throw to whoever gets open and catches the ball. If one player stands out he will go to them over and over and over as we've seen in years past. Doubs may end up being that guy, he may not but it's worth the risk at his price. The situation (playing on a good offense with elite QB) and opportunity (Lazard, Cobb have proven nothing and Watson who knows??) are there, it's just going to come down to if he can make plays.

If he does nothing the first couple weeks you drop him for someone on the WW but if he becomes the guy he could have a great year.

Romeo Doubs caught 4-of-5 targets for 37 yards in the Packers' Week 1 loss to the Vikings.

Doubs had a rough start to the game. On his first career target, he appeared to be on a different page than Aaron Rodgers, and the reigning MVP missed him by a few feet on the throw. Doubs recovered and led the team's receiver in targets while adding 11 rushing yards. Allen Lazard could return in Week 2 and should be the clear WR1 in Green Bay once healthy. Doubs is a smart stash in fantasy leagues but can be left on the bench for now.

- NBCSportsEDGE

Who breaks out in this GB group and what are the odds he’s the guy? Any buyers?
I think he has a decent chance. They have nothing....Lazard isn't even average and then they have washed up Cobb/Watkins and then it's Doubs and Watson. Rodgers is going to throw to someone and you can throw out "he doesn't throw to rookies" nonsense. They have no choice, they have nothing so whoever steps up and makes plays will get the ball. I wouldn't bet my house on Doubs being the guy but I believe he has a realistic shot. I've seen wwaaaaayyyyy crazier things for sure.

Romeo Doubs caught 2-of-3 targets for 27 yards in Green Bay's Week 2 win over Chicago.​

Both catches were screens, with Doubs taking one of them 20 yards on second-and-28, setting up an eventual touchdown to Aaron Jones. With Allen Lazard back, it's likely that Doubs will function lower on the Green Bay depth chart for the time being. He's an intriguing dynasty guy, but hasn't shown enough in his first two weeks to say that he absolutely has to be on redraft rosters.
Sep 18, 2022, 11:31 PM ET

Possibly nothing, or possibly last man standing on Sunday..

@RobDemovsky

Four of the Packers top receivers are not practicing: Allen Lazard (ankle), Christian Watson (hamstring), Sammy Watkins (hamstring) and Randall Cobb (illness) all DNP. All but Cobb practiced yesterday.

David Bakhtiari is back practicing today after yesterday’s DNP.
9/22/22, 12:55 PM

Possibly nothing, or possibly last man standing on Sunday..

@RobDemovsky

Four of the Packers top receivers are not practicing: Allen Lazard (ankle), Christian Watson (hamstring), Sammy Watkins (hamstring) and Randall Cobb (illness) all DNP. All but Cobb practiced yesterday.

David Bakhtiari is back practicing today after yesterday’s DNP.
9/22/22, 12:55 PM
I want him to beat out those stiffs. A one week bump doesn’t mean much…I drafted him to potentially be a top wr on that awful unit. Not looking good so far.

this may be a career week for romeo.

he could take over as the #1 or fade into obscurity, or are we expecting too much too soon?

he could take over as the #1 or fade into obscurity, or are we expecting too much too soon?

He is a 4th round rookie...great opportunity to produce but this is his 3rd career game ...he still has a long way to go before the book is written on him.

He is a 4th round rookie...great opportunity to produce but this is his 3rd career game ...he still has a long way to go before the book is written on him.

but what a ripe opportunity to accelerate his development.

If you are playing redraft this is a big weekend no doubt.

Packers head coach Matt LaFleur said Romeo Doubs is "going to have to take more of a load this week."​

Sammy Watkins, Allen Lazard, and Christian Watson are dealing with various injuries that have kept them out of practice in the lead up to Green Bay's Week 3 game against the Bucs. Doubs in Week 2 saw his route participation rate fall to 46 percent; he caught two of three targets for 27 yards against the Bears. The speedy rookie could function as the team's de facto WR1 this week against Tampa if Watkins and Lazard are sidelined. Doubs should be rostered by receiver-needy fantasy managers.
SOURCE: Rob Demovsky on Twitter
Sep 23, 2022, 12:26 PM ET

I dropped him for Moore from AZ earlier in the week but when Moore was ruled out I picked Doubs back up for one more go. Let’s go Romeo…make some plays!

I'm surprised there isn't more buzz about Doubs. Excelled in pre-season, has done well in limited opportunities with Rodgers. Adams-like in size, and ability to separate. He could be starting vs the Bucs in a tough matchup, but if he excels, he'll be a top waiver target.

I'm surprised there isn't more buzz about Doubs. Excelled in pre-season, has done well in limited opportunities with Rodgers. Adams-like in size, and ability to separate. He could be starting vs the Bucs in a tough matchup, but if he excels, he'll be a top waiver target.
I can see dobbs flopping in a tough matchup today, then people dropping him. I think they kid will be good.-

Romeo Doubs caught all eight of his targets for 73 yards and a touchdown in the Packers' Week 3 loss to the Bucs.​

Thee days after Packers head coach Matt LaFleur said Doubs was "going to have to take more of a load this week," the rookie did just that, leading the team in targets, receptions, and yards while running a route on 94.4 percent of Aaron Rodgers' drop backs. Doubs came out red hot, gaining 35 yards on three grabs in the team's opening drive, including a six-yard touchdown on a play designed to get him the ball. He was a couple shoestring tackles away from having a monster stat line against the Bucs. Clearly Green Bay's most explosive wideout, Doubs may have forced the team's hand into giving him more snaps and pass routes going forward. He should be rostered in all 12-team formats and could be a low-end WR2 option in Week 4 against the Patriots if Christian Watson remains sidelined.
Sep 25, 2022, 9:06 PM ET

Feels like he should have earned some trust going forward. But the WR room still feels crowded when they are all healthy. IDK. Thoughts?

Feels like he should have earned some trust going forward. But the WR room still feels crowded when they are all healthy. IDK. Thoughts?

It might be crowded, but it's crowded with junk and if Doubs keeps playing like that, he'll get the snaps
Exactly. He seems like the most complete WR on the roster. Watson might be MVS 2.0, and needs to earn Rodgers' trust. He does remind me of Adams. But a good defense and running game will limit the upside of any Packer WR.

Waiver Priority #1 if unowned in redraft.

Rodgers #1 target moving forward is my prediction.

Maybe. Don't cast aside Lazard just yet though... He has two TDs in two games this season. Dating back to last year, he has seven TDs over his last seven (regular season) games, and 10 TDs over his last 12 games. There's something brewing there too.

Maybe. Don't cast aside Lazard just yet though... He has two TDs in two games this season. Dating back to last year, he has seven TDs over his last seven (regular season) games, and 10 TDs over his last 12 games. There's something brewing there too.
Lazard is just a guy. He would struggle to be a 3rd WR on most teams.

Since so much of his value seems tied into how much Rodgers trust him I found his post game comments to be pretty comforting when he said he was going to watch film and see if there are more opportunities he could(or maybe he said should-going of memory) he could have provided for him.

Could or should that sounds like someone who should be expected to be a larger part of the gameplan moving forward.

it comes down to making plays…will be fun to watch…the opportunity is certainly there and if Rodgers falls in love, look out.

ESPN's Rob Demovsky believes Romeo Doubs "just might be next in line" for the No. 1 receiver role in the Packers offense.​

Doubs led the team with eight catches for 73 yards and a touchdown in a Week 3 win over the Bucs. He ran a route on 94 percent of Aaron Rodgers' drop backs, and drew praise from Rodgers after the game. The team drew up a range of plays specifically for the rookie, who had three receptions in the game's opening drive. Doubs certainly looked the part of Green Bay's best, most explosive wideout against Tampa. If his increased snap share and route share hold in Week 4 against the Patriots, Doubs can be treated as a high-end WR3 with plenty of upside. For more on Doubs, read Denny Carter's Week 4 waiver wire breakdown.
SOURCE: ESPN.com
Sep 27, 2022, 12:06 PM ET

People already trying to buy extremely low in dynasty. Just received:

My Doubs and 2023 2nd rounder for Burks and his 2023 4th rounder

Not feeling it as a contender.

Burks hasn't been setting the world on fire but his usage has been very encouraging. He's an excellent prospect with great draft capital. I prefer the Doubs side but I would consider this a decent starting point for negotiations and wouldn't categorize it as "extremely buy low" at all.

Lazard is just a guy. He would struggle to be a 3rd WR on most teams.
Maybe. But he is without a doubt the top red zone threat. Even hobbled. I could see his usage go up even more as he gets healthier. I have Lazard. Interested in Doubs. But in redraft one GB receiver is enough.

Just been offered two 2nds for him, 23 and 24 from a middling team.

What you reckon? Tough one, seems like a good deal for me but hard to pull the trigger and lose his potential.

Users who are viewing this thread