What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 15 2022 who should I start thread **OFFICIALLY UNOFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Chaka

Footballguy
This is where we ask questions and offer help. And thank you to all the posters who come here to offer that help.

A couple notes:

I attempt to give well considered responses to all questions posted. I can't get to everything, but I'll try.

1) This only works if people participate. If you ask for help it is good form to offer help to someone else.

2) It helps if you post the matchup. e.g. Mayfield vs Den or Matt Ryan @ Mia

3) Please post important league scoring considerations (e.g. PPR, super-flex etc).

4) Please go easy on the nicknames, save that for other threads. We can't help if we don't know who you are talking about.

View this as an exercise to help focus your thoughts about teams in general. Players you own may not be involved in these WDIS questions but certainly you will own players on many of these teams. Analyzing other players will help you identify things you may have otherwise not considered.
Let's kick off Week 15!

I always post results of my head-2-head choices for the previous week and keep a season long tally. I compare those results to the results if I used a coin toss instead.

I don't keep a tally when asked to choose between more than two players because I'm not sure how to score it and don't want to get into fractions to keep the tally.

Last Week:
I went 37-43-2 in my calls which was a tie with the Coin Toss 37-43-2

On the season I am: 348-285-34 and the coin toss is 290-343-34

On to Week 15!

I'll start:

Super Flex PPR Need 2 RBs:
J Cook v Miami
Gus @ Cleveland
Latavius v Arizona
D'Andre @ Jets
Jamaal @ Jets

I had been riding the Lions but last week was a bit frustrating as you can imagine and this week is a very tough matchup. Dobbins had a great game @ Pittsburg but Gus did get 13 carries and managed 5.1 per carry. Latavius also has a nice matchup.

Need 1 Flex (QB allowed):
Mike White v Detroit
Huntley @ Cleveland (if he is even available)
Marquise Brown @ Denver
Or one of the RBs above

Lost Murray and have no backup. 1 per 25 pass yds, 4 pt tds.

Options on the wire:
Danny Dimes @ Was, @ Min, vs Ind
R Wilson vs AZ, @LAR, @ KC
Dalton vs Atl, @ Cle, @ Phi
Mike White vs Jax, vs Det @ SEA

J Cook v Miami
Gus @ Cleveland
Latavius v Arizona
D'Andre @ Jets
Jamaal @ Jets
IMO Cook easily and I'd also go with Latavius. Gus should get a fair amount of work, but Dobbins showed out last week and I expect him to get a healthy amount of carries. And Gus obviously offers nothing in the passing game. The Lions RBs have a very tough matchup and it's hard to know how the volume will go. If I had to pick one, I'd probably go with Swift due to his passing role where it's going to be hard to run on the Jets front line.
Mike White v Detroit
Marquise Brown @ Denver
Or one of the RBs above
I like White here assuming he's healthy and the weather isn't disastrous.

.5 PPR

Need 3 of these, 2 of which have to be WR’s:

Saquan Barkley at Washington
Chris Godwin Vs Cincinnati
Tyler Lockett Vs San Francisco
Michael Pittman at Minnesota
Elijah Moore Vs Detroit
AJ Dillon Vs Rams

Also, at tight end I have to choose 1:

Dallas Goedert at Chicago
Evan Engram Vs Dallas

Leaning Goedert

I am heavily favored, so I’m just avoiding low scores and looking for high floor players. Barkley and Godwin have very hard matchups, but should get a lot of targets/carries. Lockett has tough matchup and plays Thursday, which I don’t like. Also don’t trust Geno in this one. Pittman has great matchup. Moore and Dillon are my first 2 out. Leaning Barkley, Godwin and Pittman.

Thanks!

Last edited:
.5 PPR

Need 3 of these, 2 of which have to be WR’s:

Saquan Barkley at Washington
Chris Godwin Vs Cincinnati
Tyler Lockett Vs San Francisco
Michael Pittman at Minnesota
Elijah Moore Vs Detroit
AJ Dillon Vs Rams

I am heavily favored, so I’m just avoiding low scores and looking for high floor players. Barkley and Godwin have very hard matchups, but should get a lot of targets/carries. Lockett has tough matchup and plays Thursday, which I don’t like. Pittman has great matchup. Moore and Dillon are my first 2 out. Leaning Barkley, Godwin and Pittman.

Thanks!
I would agree on Barkley, Godwin and Pittman. Dillon is also intriguing, but hard to know how many touches he'll get with a healthy Jones.

I'll start:

J Cook v Miami
Gus @ Cleveland
Latavius v Arizona
D'Andre @ Jets
Jamaal @ Jets

I had been riding the Lions but last week was a bit frustrating as you can imagine and this week is a very tough matchup. Dobbins had a great game @ Pittsburg but Gus did get 13 carries and managed 5.1 per carry. Latavius also has a nice matchup.

Mike White v Detroit
Marquise Brown @ Denver
Or one of the RBs above
Murray would be my first choice. Broncos should stifle the Cardinals, keeping Murray in a positive game script. The others are all lumped together, but gun to my head I go with Swift. Campbell mentioned getting back to the run game more, and I gotta think he will use Swift, especially as a receiver. Could envision a 10-12 carry/6 catch day. Cook would be next. Flex would easily be White for me.

I'm in an "overthinking" quandary.

Josh Allen with a Tasty matchup vs. MIA, but could be blizzard conditions
Justin Fields with a horrible matchup against PHI, but CHI coming off of a bye, Fields with two full weeks of rest, weather is sunny and cold
Mac Jones is up against a bad Las Vegas team under the lights.

Am I crazy to consider Jones in this situation? If it was ANYBODY but PHI I'd likely go with Fields given talent + weather.

Obviously if I turn on the TV Saturday night and see Josh Allen warming up on a dry field he's my boy. So my question is Jones vs. Fields. Go with the best player in the worst spot, or the worse player in the better spot?

Rules below:

6pt pass TD, 2 pt per 50 yard passing (5pt bonus at 351), 1pt per 5 completions, -2 per INT
6pt rush TD, 1 pt per 10 rushing yards (5pt bonus at 151), 1pt per 5 rush attempts, -2 per fum
(PPR, but don't expect any of these guys to catch a pass)

I'll start:

J Cook v Miami
Gus @ Cleveland
Latavius v Arizona
D'Andre @ Jets
Jamaal @ Jets

Mike White v Detroit
Marquise Brown @ Denver
Or one of the RBs above
Cook for sure. Murray would be my next choice due to matchup. Like Gus against the Browns horrible run D, but Dobbins stealing too much of the action now. Williams need the 1 yard TDs to do anything since he seems maxxed at about 60 yards and nothing in the passing game. Swift looking better but still not enough touches.

White an obvious choice in superflex. Jets say he is ready to go and matchup is good.

Justin Fields with a horrible matchup against PHI, but CHI coming off of a bye, Fields with two full weeks of rest, weather is sunny and cold

Am I crazy to consider Jones in this situation? If it was ANYBODY but PHI I'd likely go with Fields given talent + weather.

Obviously if I turn on the TV Saturday night and see Josh Allen warming up on a dry field he's my boy. So my question is Jones vs. Fields. Go with the best player in the worst spot, or the worse player in the better spot?

Rules below:

6pt pass TD, 2 pt per 50 yard passing (5pt bonus at 351), 1pt per 5 completions, -2 per INT
6pt rush TD, 1 pt per 10 rushing yards (5pt bonus at 151), 1pt per 5 rush attempts, -2 per fum
Yeah, I couldn’t play Jones over either of these guys, unless they are both playing in a blizzard.

I have this same decision every week.

Start 2 of these 3 QBs.....4 pts per TD pass and 1 pt per 25 yds passing.

Cousins vs IND
Brady vs CIN
D Jones at WAS

My team will be about a pick em against my opponent.

Need one WR and one flex.....PPR

WRs - Palmer vs TEN, C Samuel vs NYG, Chark at NYJ, Slayton at WAS, London at NO
RBs - Foreman vs PIT, Perine at TB

Thanks.

Lost Murray and have no backup. 1 per 25 pass yds, 4 pt tds.

Options on the wire:
Danny Dimes @ Was, @ Min, vs Ind
R Wilson vs AZ, @LAR, @ KC
Dalton vs Atl, @ Cle, @ Phi
Mike White vs Jax, vs Det @ SEA
I personally like Danny Dimes due to his rushing floor, especially with Barkley struggling on the ground.
I agree. Schedule is favorable for Jones.

Jones > White > Wilson > Dalton

Rules below:

I understand what you're thinking, but I wouldn't start Mac over Allen or Fields. Remember that D Jones got 19 against PHI.
But yes, lucky for you Allen plays on Sat, so if the weather is OK, you're starting Allen.

Playoffs start this week and I lost Murray in my Superflex league. Please rank your top two out of these QB's that are available:

McCoy - Not sure what the Cards do here with 4-games left and being out of the playoffs
Riddler - Has upside only because we don't know anything about him yet; Preseason means nothing
Mayfield - At the end of the day, he is still Baker; Has incentive to perform to be a starter next year either in LA or somewhere else
Darnold - Has flashed in the past, but nothing as of yet; Is coming back from Injury but the team is bad
Trubisky - Not sure how long Pickett will be out; Has some upside with his legs be he is a true backup in this league.

Thoughts?

Playoffs start this week and I lost Murray in my Superflex league. Please rank your top two out of these QB's that are available:

McCoy - Not sure what the Cards do here with 4-games left and being out of the playoffs
Riddler - Has upside only because we don't know anything about him yet; Preseason means nothing
Mayfield - At the end of the day, he is still Baker; Has incentive to perform to be a starter next year either in LA or somewhere else
Darnold - Has flashed in the past, but nothing as of yet; Is coming back from Injury but the team is bad
Trubisky - Not sure how long Pickett will be out; Has some upside with his legs be he is a true backup in this league.

Thoughts?
As crazy as it sounds, I’d go Ridder. Trubisky may play 1 week and it’s a tough matchup. Darnold has decent matchup but stinks, and DJ Moore is questionable. No way I’d play Mayfield at GB. McCoy at Denver is not good. Ridder is the only one that we don’t know sucks. That’s a brutal choice. It would be Ridder or McCoy for me.

Thoughts?
You're screwed :wall:

Seriously, my selections would be McCoy and Mayfield. But McCoy is easily the best option of the bunch. ATL is likely to run the ball a ton and Riddler is a rookie. You can't trust Darnold or Trubisky.

I wish you the best of luck........

Thoughts?
As crazy as it sounds, I’d go Ridder. Trubisky may play 1 week and it’s a tough matchup. Darnold has decent matchup but stinks, and DJ Moore is questionable. No way I’d play Mayfield at GB. McCoy at Denver is not good. Ridder is the only one that we don’t know sucks. That’s a brutal choice. It would be Ridder or McCoy for me.
Knowing what the matchups are...... make this decision more difficult, and I can see gambling with Riddler at NO.

I would still go with McCoy vs DEN though, unless the weather is going to be bad in DEN.

Thoughts?
Knowing what the matchups are...... make this decision more difficult, and I can see gambling with Riddler at NO.

I would still go with McCoy vs DEN though, unless the weather is going to be bad in DEN.
I could go with McCoy, especially over Mayfield, Trubisky and Darnold. I think Ridder could give you about the same as Mariota, with maybe a little better passing, so I just compared Mariota to those guys, and I’d have played Mariota over all of them. McCoy does have better skill position players around him, but they aren’t playing for anything, and Denver is giving up the 4th least points to QB’s.

Here is another one for the group. I need to start one of these players in a standard scoring NON-PPR league:

Walker - Coming back from injury and going against a tough SF defense; Obviously if he is inactive, that makes it easier; UPDATE: He logged a full practice on Tuesday but is still going up against the #1 rushing defense.
Knight - Seem to have solidified the lead back role, at least for another week; May be the safest play of the week
Lockett - Going against a tough SF defense; He did manage 90+ yards in the first contest but this is a non-ppr league

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I've known this dilemma was coming for the past couple weeks, and now it's here:

Brady vs Cinci
White vs. Det

First round of playoffs, I'm playing the No. 1 seed but am only a slight underdog. They both had tough matchups last week and produced the same number of points. But this week White's matchup is much better. It feels so weird to bench the GOAT for Mike White. Then again, last week it would have felt weird to bench him for Mr. Irrelevant, and look how that turned out.

I think I want to start White, and the question is whether I can pull the trigger.

This is a "who do I drop" question (redraft/ standard league) as I need to bring in Dobbins off my IR AND wanting to grab Jameson Williams - Thinking of dropping Packers to put Dobbins officially in then, I'd have to drop one of these to try for Williams:

Sutton, R. White, DPJ, Foreman, Patterson (ugh)--- leaning Sutton --my other WR's are Zay Jones, D. Chark. I have a bye this week --

Here is another one for the group. I need to start one of these players in a standard scoring NON-PPR league:

Walker - Coming back from injury and going against a tough SF defense; Obviously if he is inactive, that makes it easier; UPDATE: He logged a full practice on Tuesday but is still going up against the #1 rushing defense.
Knight - Seem to have solidified the lead back role, at least for another week; May be the safest play of the week
Lockett - Going against a tough SF defense; He did manage 90+ yards in the first contest but this is a non-ppr league

Thoughts?
I have the same question minus locket.
It seems wrong to bench Walker but given the injury and Stout 49ers defense, Knight might be the better start.
I think I’d go with Knight if I were the favorite.

Somehow ended up getting Dobbins and Walker logged a full practice so here we are!

PPR- pick one
K Walker vs SF (#1 ranked vs RBs) and Walker presumably will not get full workload. Thursday night at home in the dome.
Dobbins at CLE (#30 ranked vs RBs) in a time split. Not sure what the offensive plan will be other than to run, run, run so could get 15+ carries.

And
Fields v PHI (#1 vs QB, home, off a bye. Will likely be down early so maybe a few garbage time bombs or long runs but maybe they'll just protect him?)
Dak at Jacksonville. (#25 vs QB so could be a 250 yd, 2td+ game) but DAL rides the D and Running game more than ever. Kind of the opposite of 2 years ago when they were routinely throwing the **** out of the ball.

I'm up against the #1 seed who's running Hurts/Andrews/ Jacobs/Henry/ AJB etc. dude's having a helluva year. I'll likely be tipping my cap to the kid but will go down swinging!

And
Fields v PHI (#1 vs QB, home, off a bye. Will likely be down early so maybe a few garbage time bombs or long runs but maybe they'll just protect him?)
Dak at Jacksonville. (#25 vs QB so could be a 250 yd, 2td+ game) but DAL rides the D and Running game more than ever. Kind of the opposite of 2 years ago when they were routinely throwing the **** out of the ball.

I'm up against the #1 seed who's running Hurts/Andrews/ Jacobs/Henry/ AJB etc. dude's having a helluva year. I'll likely be tipping my cap to the kid but will go down swinging!
I’d probably go Fields if you need ceiling. Philly is gonna score and Fields will have to produce. More chance he runs for a TD then Dak.

Somehow ended up getting Dobbins and Walker logged a full practice so here we are!

PPR- pick one
K Walker vs SF (#1 ranked vs RBs) and Walker presumably will not get full workload. Thursday night at home in the dome.
Dobbins at CLE (#30 ranked vs RBs) in a time split. Not sure what the offensive plan will be other than to run, run, run so could get 15+ carries.
Here I’d probably go Dobbins — short week, Thursday night and Walker off injury. Ravens will lean on Dobbins; especially in red zone

PPR superflex - total points league, so no playoffs.

QB2 (QB 1 is Allen):

Carr vs NE (on my roster)
Ridder @ NO (on my roster)
OR can pick up Heinicke, Dalton, Darnold, McCoy, Rypien, or Mayfield

RB (need 3):

Barkley @ WAS
Etienne vs. DAL
Pollard @ JAC
Swift @ NYJ
R. White vs. CIN

WR (need 3):

Metcalf vs. SF
Jeudy vs. ARI
DJ Moore vs. PIT
Pittman @ MIN
London @ NO
Collins vs. KC
Gallup @ JAC

For QB, really concerned about Carr, not just after last week, but now against the NE front. Ridder is intriguing, but also hard to rely on in his first start and also a tough matchup. None of the potential pickups are that intriguing. Tough decision here.

For RB, am thinking Barkley, Pollard and White. Can't trust Etienne and Swift these days, and both have tough matchups. I think White gets more looks and is very useful in the passing game.

For WR, am thinking Metcalf, Jeudy and Pittman, although might consider Collins over Pittman if Nico is healthy. KC can't stop anyone and the Texans will probably need to throw a lot.

Last edited:
Fields v Eagles
Herbert v Titans

Eagles D v Bears
Saints D v Falcons and Ridder

I likely don't need the home run swing just solid output

Fields v Eagles
Herbert v Titans

Eagles D v Bears
Saints D v Falcons and Ridder

I likely don't need the home run swing just solid output
I wouldn't mess with Fields versus the Eagles. Herbert against the Titans, who can be thrown on, is a good matchup and he happens to be damn good. Nice problem to have.

As for DEF, I would go with the Eagles. Saints matchup looks good on paper, but not sure I would bank on them shutting down the rookie.

As for DEF, I would go with the Eagles. Saints matchup looks good on paper, but not sure I would bank on them shutting down the rookie.

I think I agree - cause they go against a mobile qb in practice every day

Would it change your mind if Lattimore plays

A raft of perplexing flex decisions this week, big issue this week is having so many players potentially going in the one Thursday game (Niners vs Hawks). I do not like that at all.. Starting Cmac and AJ Brown, need 2 from the following in non-ppr:

K.Walker @ Niners - surprised he's even playing, ugly matchup, short week, big potential for re-injury or bust. Yuck right? But he's been soooo good too...
JK Dobbins @ Browns - plus matchup but likely splitting in some way with Gus
C.Watson vs Rams - Finally started him before the bye, nice week but he feels shaky due to volume. Still very tough to bench with such big play ability
T.Lockett @ Niners - Such a brutal matchup but the guy has scored in 6 straight games and basically seems to have a 60/1 floor which is nuts. WR7 in my league.

At TE (probably more a question of who do you like ROS?)

Schultz @ Jags - Can't imagine the game script will dictate so many targets again this week, feels like a floor game
Goedert @ Bears - Assuming he is activated of course

Sucks to have so many players in one game, I mean it's hard to imagine Cmac, Lockett and Walker all scoring big.

Last edited:

Thoughts?
Like yourself, I lost Murray in my SF league. I had very similar decisions to make, only difference is that I had Matt Ryan available to me:

For This Coming Week 15 I consider them as follows:
1. Matt Ryan (which you did not ask about)
2. Colt McCoy
3. Desmond Ridder

For Remaining Playoffs and survival I rated them as:
1. Matt Ryan (not involved in your question)
2. Desmond Ridder
3. Colt McCoy

Thoughts?

I really like Knight and Lockett. The 49ers pass D is vulnerable and Lockett is perfect for it...

Users who are viewing this thread