What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Rhamondre Stevenson, NE (1 Viewer)

For starters, NE did not practice in pads yesterday or today, and IIRC, they only have a walkthrough scheduled for tomorrow. Mike Reiss tweeted that RS was a DNP again today. Combining that together, I doubt he will play Sunday if he's not even participating in non-contact practice. Damien Harris worked a side session yesterday and was listed as limited in both practices so far this week. But I saw a couple of clips of him at practice today, and he seemed pretty spry to me. Best guess, I believe he will play Sunday. I will keep tabs of things until game time. I would guess Harris will get a decent workload, but not what Stevenson was getting. The other Harris and Strong probably will get some work. I expect Stevenson to be inactive for Sunday. Hopefully they will declare that Saturday and give folks a chance to play someone else.
Thanks for this, I have both RS and DH so I could pivot off one to the other, failing that I could pivot to Dillon on MNF.

For starters, NE did not practice in pads yesterday or today, and IIRC, they only have a walkthrough scheduled for tomorrow. Mike Reiss tweeted that RS was a DNP again today. Combining that together, I doubt he will play Sunday if he's not even participating in non-contact practice. Damien Harris worked a side session yesterday and was listed as limited in both practices so far this week. But I saw a couple of clips of him at practice today, and he seemed pretty spry to me. Best guess, I believe he will play Sunday. I will keep tabs of things until game time. I would guess Harris will get a decent workload, but not what Stevenson was getting. The other Harris and Strong probably will get some work. I expect Stevenson to be inactive for Sunday. Hopefully they will declare that Saturday and give folks a chance to play someone else.

Total guess but if Stevenson doesn't play and Harris does, he will be involved early but whoever has the hot hand between Harris, Strong and Harris will get a lot of opportunities...not sure I would want to roll the dice on a Patriot RB if Damien Harris is active and Stevenson is not...if I had to pick one it would be D Harris but this could get dicey.

NE running backs have averaged 19-79-0.33 | 6.7-52-0.2 per game over their past 6 games. But the heavy carry totals were in the first 3 of those games. Only averaged 13 rushing attempts over the last 3 games. The Pats also fed Stevenson the ball as a receiver, and I am not sure Harris, Harris, or Strong would fill that void. If DHarris plays, I would guess he would see a dozen or so carries and the other Harris and Strong would get a handful of leftovers. Maybe the three of them would split 3 or 4 receptions. DHarris would likely be the goal line back, but they haven't been getting many goal line situations and haven't been for weeks and weeks. I agree with @Boston that the NE backfield this week is probably one to avoid (especially if people have other better RB options to play). I somewhat disagree that KHarris and Strong will get a lot of opportunities, as the NE RBs have not been getting a lot of opportunities of late. The Pats have been trying to get some other guys a couple of carries on end around plays (Borune, Thornton, Jonnu . . . I am sure one to Marcus Jones is coming soon). Add in a couple QB sneaks, Mac scrambles, or end of the half kneel downs, and NE will probably end up with 20-22 rushing attempts, but maybe 16-18 of them to RBs.

DHarris (if he plays) will likely have the biggest workload and a decent shot at a TD run, so he would be the one to ponder over as a fantasy option. If he doesn't play, then it's a coin toss on the other Harris or Strong. However, at this point I have seen multiple videos of DHarris from practice, and even though they are unpadded practices, he looks to be back to normal. Assuming DHarris plays, I would consider him a so-so RB2 play and a decent flex option. Teams desperate to fill out their lineup could do a lot worse. IIRC, the Raiders are in the Bottom 10 in fantasy points allowed to RBs. If pressed for a DHarris projection . . . 13-55-1 | 2-10-0.

Last edited:
By: Mike Krueger | Dec 15 2022, 5:00 pm
spacer_whi.gif

logo_ne_50.gif
Thursday practice report from inside Arizona Stadium: RB Rhamondre Stevenson (ankle) remains out, no full-pads work this week, and WR Kendrick Bourne (84), as always, brings a little extra juice. (Mike Reiss on Twitter)

FFToday's Take: WR DeVante Parker also missed practice with a concussion while WR Jakobi Meyers (concussion) was limited. Damien Harris (thigh) got in a second straight practice of limited work. For now it seems like Harris, Kevin Harris and Pierre Strong Jr. will be the top running backs for New England against the Raiders. We'll have a better idea of this situation after practice on Friday.

BOSTON -- Offensive reinforcements were on the field for the Patriots in Arizona on Friday, as the team practiced for the final time ahead of Sunday's matchup against the Raiders in Las Vegas.

Wide receiver Jakobi Meyers, running back Rhamondre Stevenson, and cornerback Jack Jones were all on the field during the media portion of Friday's practice at the University of Arizona. All three missed Thursday's session, but taking the field on Friday bodes well for their status come Sunday.

Meyers has missed the last two games after he suffered a concussion in New England's loss to the Bills back on Dec. 1. He was a limited participant in Wednesday's walkthrough before sitting out Thursday's practice.

Despite playing in just 10 games this season, Meyers leads the Patriots with 593 receiving yards off his 50 receptions.

Stevenson is even more important to the New England offense, leading the team in both rushing yards (742) and receptions (58). The running back suffered an ankle injury in Monday night's win over the Cardinals, and Friday was his first time back on the field since his second-half departure.

Rookie cornerback Jack Jones was also back in the mix Friday after he sat out Wednesday and Thursday because of the ankle injury that he suffered Monday night.

Meyers and Stevenson participating Friday at least opens the door for Mac Jones to have his two favorite targets on Sunday. It's not looking as promising for DeVante Parker, who was not out there on Friday while the media was allowed to watch practice. Parker left Monday's game with a concussion and has not practiced all week.

In addition to Parker, offensive lineman Isaiah Wynn (foot) and corner Jalen Mills (groin) were not spotted at Friday's practice. The Patriots will release their Week 15 injury report with game statuses later in the day Friday.

After practicing at the University of Arizona in Tucson all week, the Patriots will leave for Las Vegas on Saturday.

We will have to see what the official player designations a little bit later today on the final injury report. NE only had a walk through in the sunshine today. Nothing strenuous (after an easy week of non-contact practice). I saw some video of RS in pre-practice warmups. He looked a little sluggish . . . but maybe he was just going through the motions as some players do in stretching / warmup exercises.

Bill Bellihchick facing what's arguably his biggest disciple in a late afternoon game and both teams are listing the top 3 RB's in the game as questionable. Who could have seen this coming?
Only thing that would make it worse would be if it was a Monday game like like last week. Good luck to all on rolling the dice this week.

Really wish I had some clarity by this afternoon. If not Rhamondre, my only option in one of my FPC teams would be Cook tonight, which I don't hate, but I'd rather have an active Rhamondre by a lot.

Really wish I had some clarity by this afternoon. If not Rhamondre, my only option in one of my FPC teams would be Cook tonight, which I don't hate, but I'd rather have an active Rhamondre by a lot.
Yeah - if you don’t have an alternative option tomorrow that’s a tough call to make on faith based on 1 limited practice.

Do they practice today or is it a walk-through?

Yeah - if you don’t have an alternative option tomorrow that’s a tough call to make on faith based on 1 limited practice.

Do they practice today or is it a walk-through?

They practiced at U of Arizona all week & today is travel day, so presumably the latter:

Patriots did not elevate an additional running back for Week 15 against the Raiders.​

This is particularly notable considering Rhamondre Stevenson is listed as questionable with an ankle injury, signaling the potential for him to be active on Sunday. Further confirmation will come 90 minutes prior to the Patriots' Sunday afternoon kickoff.
Dec 17, 2022, 4:52 PM ET

Paging @Anarchy99 for any additional insights on what to expect for the Patriots backfield situation this weekend
I am only reading the tea leaves on this one. RS will certainly get first dibs on touches. I expect Stevenson won't be as explosive as he usually is. I believe KHarris is the backup to DHarris, while Strong is the understudy to Stephenson. That's sort of how things have gone throughout the year . . . KHarris got some touches when DHarris was out.

Given that RS only practiced in a walk through, I don't think even NE knows what to expect. I doubt Stevenson gets 20 carries and 5-6 receptions. They could give him a couple of series and decide he doesn't have it and shut him down for the rest of the game. If that happened, I see Strong and KHarris splitting the workload for a while and if one of them looks good, then they would ride the one with the hot hand.

Game script aside, if Stevenson can go the whole game, maybe 10-12 carries and 3-4 receptions . . . with the rookies combining for 8-10 carries and 1-2 receptions. Stevenson looked hampered after the injury last week and didn't look like he had a lot of spring in his step in the limited tape I saw of him at practice yesterday. Maybe he was just phoning it in, and they knew all along they were going to play him.

Buyer beware, as I am just guessing and spit balling here and have no more intel than anyone else on this situation.

This is going to crush me in the first round of the playoffs...this decision is killing me. I don't have a great alternative...

RapSheet tweeted RS has a good chance to play, but final determination will be made in pre-game warm ups.
Can we get a prayer circle going or sacrifice a chicken to Jobu or something? I have rum!

I bypassed the safe 10 from Davis & I’d really rather not flex Palmer when Stevenson is in such a tasty matchup.
:tebow:

RapSheet tweeted RS has a good chance to play, but final determination will be made in pre-game warm ups.
Can we get a prayer circle going or sacrifice a chicken to Jobu or something? I have rum!

I bypassed the safe 10 from Davis & I’d really rather not flex Palmer when Stevenson is in such a tasty matchup.

I bypassed the 14 from pittman as well...this decision is the season for me

You bring the cigars, I’ll bring the rum. And if Jobu won’t help us, then to hell with him!

If RS is ruled a no-go after warmups, which is the NE RB to start in FFB? Strong or Harris?
I like Strong more. He has the receiving profile.

Also (the other) Harris fumbled in a key situation, so he may still be cleaning toilets at BB’s house rather than suiting up.

You bring the cigars, I’ll bring the rum. And if Jobu won’t help us, then to hell with him!

I'm in...i can't take the stress of today without the rum! Playoffs, #3 seed, the other guy had cmc and cousins go already so huge games (I had jefferson and lockett go already)

I'm in...i can't take the stress of today without the rum! Playoffs, #3 seed, the other guy had cmc and cousins go already so huge games (I had jefferson and lockett go already)
Oof - bad day to face cousins. 😬

If RS is ruled a no-go after warmups, which is the NE RB to start in FFB? Strong or Harris?
Harris is in the mold of Harris and Strong is more similar to Stevenson. Harris would be their big back, grinder, between the tackles, move the chains guy. Strong is a burner that would be more of a bounce it outside, get some dump offs in the open field, could take it to the house on any given play type. Strong has higher total yardage upside, Harris better odds to score near the goal line. I’d say Strong in PPR. Probably a toss up in 0 PPR.

Oof - bad day to face cousins. 😬

Yup he was the lowest seed and has badly outperformed already unfortunately....still favored to win but that's predicated on 15 pts from RS.

I do have McLaurin I can stick in there but this is a great matchup

Certainly game script will have a role in how things play out. I don’t see NE getting out to a big lead and then just running to kill clock all through the second half. Put another way, I thing the Pats are more likely to have to get away from a heavy rushing attack, will have to rely more on the pass, and will have to score more points than they have been. To me, that spells dump off receptions for backs out of the backfield.

LV has had 9 games where they allowed 5+ receptions to opponents RBs, including 14(!) against HOU, 9 vs NO, and 9 vs DEN. That’s where RS is most likely to rack up fantasy points.

Starting him if he's playing over Zeke and Jakobi Meyers. I'm down big though and now a long shot to win so need to get the guy with the highest potential and hope for the best but expect the worst.

I have RS and Damien Harris and planning ahead for next week.

I’m thinking the play is drop Damien and pick up Strong today.

If RS plays next week I roll with him. If for some reason RS doesn’t play next week I roll with Strong. I think I trust RS or Strong more than Damien coming off of a multi-week injury.

Trying to decide between Chris Moore at 1 PM versus RS at 4 PM. I also have Rachaad White at 4 PM so could pivot to him if RS is out.

I'm expecting RS to play, but can't be sure he will finish the game.

Ive currently got Latavius Murray in over RS..... I and my opponent have3 considerable amount of players either already played or playing now. I will reevalouate after the 1 pm games.... Murraywill stay in my lineup if it looks like I am doing well and if I amlosingI will take a chance on RS.....

Users who are viewing this thread