What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Buffalo Safety-Damar Hamlin is awake and **Bills at Bengals** Game has been Canceled (1 Viewer)

Jesus CPR for nine minutes…
Did they say they did CPR for nine minutes or that he was down on the field for nine minutes. That’s a long time.
That's the issue
We hear he has a pulse but we hear he isn't breathing on his own
That doesn't sound good but I'm not a medic
Could be in a coma

Hoping for the best outcome but Hamlin is fighting for his life right now
Isn’t breathing on his own probably means he was intubated which I would expect to maintain his airway.
My friend, I really don't know and I don't want to upset other posters with speculation

It sounds wildly scary

If they resumed the game tomorrow, how exactly does that work? Keep score and time as is, right? Or do they start completely over like baseball?
There are no good alternatives here. Playing the game tonight is a PR nightmare that the league wants to avoid. Playing the game tomorrow isn't obviously better and also causes a player safety issue with a quick turnaround for Sunday (admittedly not that different from TNF, except guys have already taken hits tonight). You can't postpone the game past tomorrow, cancellation screws up both team's records, and a tie is obviously unfair to both teams. As a Bills fan, I would be willing to live with a forfeit under the circumstances, but that's not fair either.

Waiting for the family to enter the ambulance means only two things, and one is that he is stable, and that's the one I'll pray for.
Yes, makes you think either they have him stable and a few minutes won't change anything given his status or it's very dire. Pray for the first scenario, obviously

If they resumed the game tomorrow, how exactly does that work? Keep score and time as is, right? Or do they start completely over like baseball?
There are no good alternatives here. Playing the game tonight is a PR nightmare that the league wants to avoid. Playing the game tomorrow isn't obviously better and also causes a player safety issue with a quick turnaround for Sunday (admittedly not that different from TNF, except guys have already taken hits tonight). You can't postpone the game past tomorrow, cancellation screws up both team's records, and a tie is obviously unfair to both teams. As a Bills fan, I would be willing to live with a forfeit under the circumstances, but that's not fair either.
Just take the L, IMO

I actually laughed at the complete absurdity of it all when Joe Buck said the players had 5 minutes to warm up. The nfl is completely insane. The game can be played tomorrow.
Almost looked like the teams told the NFL to forget putting them back on the field after that “5 minutes” announcement
McDermott 100% said they weren’t playing. The nfl is ghoulish.
Can you imagine being Tee Higgins and being told, “hey, I realize the guy you just hit might’ve died, but get yourself warmed up, we gotta get back out there”?

He’d probably KTFO whoever told him that and I wouldn’t blame him one bit.

We typically hear something like
"He was alert" and we didn't get any of that and we haven't heard a GD F'Bomb word if this guy is going to be OK or not
It's very frustrating right now
I get the frustration, but their job right now is to save his life, not to give us updates
The media's job is to inform us
The medics job is to save his life
I understand what you mean though and I wasn't complaining about the medics
I also applauded Schefter for stepping out

you have about 10-12 minutes of oxygen in your blood when you stop breathing so hopefully they did enough in time

Aikman with the really good point that they were literally trying to save the Bills’ teammate right as they watched on.

These guys may need some serious grief counseling. The NFL is a ****ing monster if they have these guys play within the next 48 hours let alone tonight.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BuffRumblings
Joe Danneman
@FOX19Joe
·
9m

Ambulance for Damar Hamlin is still in the parking lot. Security is working on getting his mother from the stands to ride with him.
https://mobile.twitter.com/FOX19Joe/status/1610097790817804288/photo/1
Huh? Life or death situation and you're waiting for his mom to ride along? That makes no sense unless he's in stable condition and our of the woods.
That's my take on it, too.

I really hope it is the case. (He's stable, let's wait 2 minutes for mom.)

They say you have about 10-12 minutes of oxygen in your blood when you stop breathing so hopefully they did enough in time
I do think the medical response was very fast and appropriate. Glad to see NFL putting some of that money towards good medical service.

Aikman with the really good point that they were literally trying to save the Bills’ teammate right as they watched on.

These guys may need some serious grief counseling. The NFL is a ****ing monster if they have these guys play within the next 48 hours let alone tonight.
The nfl knew he needed cpr and an aed and still suggested a 5 minute warmup! It’s wild how evil they are.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BuffRumblings
Joe Danneman
@FOX19Joe
·
9m

Ambulance for Damar Hamlin is still in the parking lot. Security is working on getting his mother from the stands to ride with him.
https://mobile.twitter.com/FOX19Joe/status/1610097790817804288/photo/1
Huh? Life or death situation and you're waiting for his mom to ride along? That makes no sense unless he's in stable condition and our of the woods.
That's my take on it, too.

I really hope it is the case. (He's stable, let's wait 2 minutes for mom.)

Sadly not sure with what happened they can afford 2 minutes, he is an ambulance. They need to get him to the hospital where doctors can work on him.

Another thing to take to mind:. Truly awesome job by the medical staff. We are quick to rag on the NFL, refs, etc, but give credit the the medical staff. They saved a life tonight.
It’s crazy to think but read a doc on Twitter who said this is “the best” place to collapse with an issue. Trained people everywhere and very close.
I just remembered that many years ago my wife had a coworker whose husband coached youth hockey (around 13-14 year olds IIRC). In a game, 1 if his players caught a puck in the chest just right and it stopped his heart. Unfortunately the level of medical care that you see at an NFL game wasn't available and the boy died.

I actually laughed at the complete absurdity of it all when Joe Buck said the players had 5 minutes to warm up. The nfl is completely insane. The game can be played tomorrow.
Almost looked like the teams told the NFL to forget putting them back on the field after that “5 minutes” announcement
McDermott 100% said they weren’t playing. The nfl is ghoulish.
Can you imagine being Tee Higgins and being told, “hey, I realize the guy you just hit might’ve died, but get yourself warmed up, we gotta get back out there”?

He’d probably KTFO whoever told him that and I wouldn’t blame him one bit.
I know everybody in this thread knows this, but let's all acknowledge that Tee Higgins did nothing wrong here. This was truly a freak injury.

The nfl knew he needed cpr and an aed and still suggested a 5 minute warmup! It’s wild how evil they are.
Truly are just gladiators to them

Just take the L, IMO
I would think a tie would be awarded, given the circumstances.

Users who are viewing this thread