What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Daniel Jones, NYG (3 Viewers)

Cap hit in year one is $19M, so at least even less then the 5th year option for 2023, but of course a lot more to account for later.
It sounds great for this year, worrisome for next. 2024-2025 is the year Giants were supposed to do the Xavier McKinney/Dexter Lawrence extension. The common thought in the offseason is that if they hit the open market, they're gone. So basically Giants gonna have some cap hits in the future.
This is the way it works in the NFL ... How do you think other teams do it???
They are going to extend Dexter and the first 2 years of his contract will be friendly ... Mckinney will probably be frachised next year assuming he has a good season ... Franchise tag for Safties is not crazy prob like RBs ... and the cap goes up every year

In 3 years Jones will either be underpaid or the Giants will be able to get out of the contract with minimal cap hit

Look what shappening to the Eagles this year. They were all in this year and had the best roster in the NFL by a wide margin but look at the list of Free Agents that they have now ...
Theyll figure something out ... They are not going to be what they were this season but they will be competive

PlayerPos.2022 Team2023 TeamTypeSnapsAgeCurrent APY ▾Guarantees
Robert QuinnEDGEEaglesUFA35.9%33$14,000,000$30,000,000
Fletcher CoxIDLEaglesVoid64.5%33$14,000,000$14,000,000
Javon HargraveIDLEaglesUFA64.4%30$13,000,000$26,000,000
James BradberryCBEaglesUFA97.5%30$7,250,000$7,250,000
Isaac SeumaloLGEaglesUFA96.4%30$5,850,000$7,849,000
Andre DillardLTEaglesUFA3.1%28$3,092,903$12,371,612
Kyzir WhiteLBEaglesUFA76.3%27$3,000,000$3,000,000
Linval JosephIDLEaglesUFA17.1%35$2,187,500$250,000
Ndamukong SuhIDLEaglesUFA15.9%36$2,187,500$250,000
T.J. EdwardsLBEaglesUFA94.1%27$2,150,000$2,150,000
Boston ScottRBEaglesUFA14.4%28$1,750,000$1,100,000
Zach PascalWREaglesUFA28.7%29$1,500,000$1,500,000
Miles SandersRBEaglesUFA57.1%26$1,340,058$3,151,995
Brett KernPEaglesUFA6.2%37$1,120,000$0
Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Jr.SEaglesUFA65.9%26$826,775$787,100
Tyree JacksonTEEaglesERFA2.9%26$755,100$25,200
Gardner MinshewQBEaglesUFA12.8%27$677,904$191,616
Marcus EppsSEaglesUFA99.1%27$672,189$168,756

Just three short years? That’s all?

Any comparison of the Giants and Eagles futures starts and ends with severely overpaid mediocre QB vs appropriately paid MVP level QB for a fraction more. Just in my neutral observer opinion, of course.
Any Comparison of Eagles and Giants QBs starts and ends with their supporting talent.
Jones on the Eagle wins the SB in 2022 ... Hurts on the Giants is standing on the unemployment line ... just like Bama
LOL, but we still have the best GM in the league for roster construction. Who is your WR1? WR2? Tight end? I wish you good luck and can't wait to revisit this with the more excuses for the Eagles success and the Giants lack thereof.
You forgot the Oline PFF # 30. NEW YORK GIANTS

LOL ! How do you think Hurts would do with the Giants WR1, WR2, TE and Oline???
Eagles had the Best WR1, WR2 and TE combo in the NFL. They also had the PFF #1. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES Oline in the NFL ... Quite a difference, wouldnt you agree?
Oh and Miles Sanders had a better season then Saquan Barkley ... we cant even win that f***ing RB edge!!!!!!!

It’s like people don’t think the current Coach of the Year and so called “QB Whisperer” knows what he’s doing. Clearly DaBoll and Schoen think they can win with DJ even with his current contract. He took a huge leap this year in his first season with a competent coaching staff. Again, people point to a mediocre/bad first few years and gloss over the fact that those also came with an awful coaching staff, consistently one of the worst offensive lines in football, and a an injured Barkley. After all I’ve seen over my many years as a giants fan, I’ll take it on faith that DaBoll can continue to mold Jones into a winner. If not, looks like they can take an exit on this deal in 2 years.

Look whats happening to the Eagles this year. They were all in this year and had the best roster in the NFL by a wide margin but look at the list of Free Agents that they have now ...

The Eagles did not go "all-in" this past year. They signed a handful of Free Agents at good prices that are going to get more money on the market now...lots of compensatory picks for the Eagles then. But that's not remotely "all-in". Rams went all-in, trading away multiple picks. Eagles have TWO first round picks this year, are are going to get a bunch of comp picks.

Cap hit in year one is $19M, so at least even less then the 5th year option for 2023, but of course a lot more to account for later.
It sounds great for this year, worrisome for next. 2024-2025 is the year Giants were supposed to do the Xavier McKinney/Dexter Lawrence extension. The common thought in the offseason is that if they hit the open market, they're gone. So basically Giants gonna have some cap hits in the future.
They are going to extend Dexter and the first 2 years of his contract will be friendly ... Mckinney will probably be frachised next year assuming he has a good season ... Franchise tag for Safties is not crazy prob like RBs ... and the cap goes up every year

In 3 years Jones will either be underpaid or the Giants will be able to get out of the contract with minimal cap hit

Look what shappening to the Eagles this year. They were all in this year and had the best roster in the NFL by a wide margin but look at the list of Free Agents that they have now ...
Theyll figure something out ... They are not going to be what they were this season but they will be competive

Any comparison of the Giants and Eagles futures starts and ends with severely overpaid mediocre QB vs appropriately paid MVP level QB for a fraction more. Just in my neutral observer opinion, of course.
Any Comparison of Eagles and Giants QBs starts and ends with their supporting talent.
Jones on the Eagle wins the SB in 2022 ... Hurts on the Giants is standing on the unemployment line ... just like Bama
LOL, but we still have the best GM in the league for roster construction. Who is your WR1? WR2? Tight end? I wish you good luck and can't wait to revisit this with the more excuses for the Eagles success and the Giants lack thereof.

Eagles had the Best WR1, WR2 and TE combo in the NFL. They also had the PFF #1. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES Oline in the NFL ... Quite a difference, wouldnt you agree?
Oh and Miles Sanders had a better season then Saquan Barkley ... we cant even win that f***ing RB edge!!!!!!!
Right. So why do you think the Giants will be any better than the Eagles this year, with all those deficiencies you mentioned? I agree, its a huge difference, and it starts at the top. Its not Jalen Hurts vs Daniel Jones. Its the Eagles vs the Giants, and as you just proved, we should be the superior team once again. No need to get into hypotheticals.

It’s like people don’t think the current Coach of the Year and so called “QB Whisperer” knows what he’s doing. Clearly DaBoll and Schoen think they can win with DJ even with his current contract. He took a huge leap this year in his first season with a competent coaching staff. Again, people point to a mediocre/bad first few years and gloss over the fact that those also came with an awful coaching staff, consistently one of the worst offensive lines in football, and a an injured Barkley. After all I’ve seen over my many years as a giants fan, I’ll take it on faith that DaBoll can continue to mold Jones into a winner. If not, looks like they can take an exit on this deal in 2 years.
I don’t know if it’s so much that they think they can really make him a winner as they think he is good enough relative to the other realistic options and without getting too tied up with him. I’m not sure if that’s really the best move, but I understand being willing to take the gamble on at least being cromulent for a couple years, if not better than that

Look whats happening to the Eagles this year. They were all in this year and had the best roster in the NFL by a wide margin but look at the list of Free Agents that they have now ...

The Eagles did not go "all-in" this past year. They signed a handful of Free Agents at good prices that are going to get more money on the market now...lots of compensatory picks for the Eagles then. But that's not remotely "all-in". Rams went all-in, trading away multiple picks. Eagles have And TWO first round picks this year, are are going to get a bunch of comp picks.
Yea ! Whatever ! half their defense are free agents ... no big deal! QB and their top Corner are free agents next year ... no big deal !

And in fairness he had that season with the worst WRs in the league - especially after injuries.

Right. So why do you think the Giants will be any better than the Eagles this year, with all those deficiencies you mentioned? I agree, its a huge difference, and it starts at the top. Its not Jalen Hurts vs Daniel Jones. Its the Eagles vs the Giants, and as you just proved, we should be the superior team once again. No need to get into hypotheticals.
Eagles are losing half of their defense, their top RB, a starting Olineman and have limited cap room, they had almost zero Injuries in 2022 (No way they will be as fortunate next season ... That just doesnt happen. Also have to sign their QB and top Corner in the coming months. Or lose them
Giants have signed their 2 most important FAs, have cap space and lots of draft capital ... almost all of their 11 2022 draft picks missed time if not the entire season in 2022
Yes I think the Giants will significantly close the gap this year ... will be as good if not better than the Eagles

@Dr. Octopus - I see that argument a lot, and it doesn't change the fact better receivers in the offense Daboll ran with Jones just meant they'd look good running wideass open and not getting targeted. Jones rarely ever took the deep shot that wasn't a first read; his structure in the O was if the first read wasn't open, then take off.

@Dr. Octopus - I see that argument a lot, and it doesn't change the fact better receivers in the offense Daboll ran with Jones just meant they'd look good running wideass open and not getting targeted. Jones rarely ever took the deep shot that wasn't a first read; his structure in the O was if the first read wasn't open, then take off.
Maybe those first read deep shots would work with better WRs?
Maybe now that they trust him better they open the offense up a little?
I don’t know but basically he was throwing to guys off the street at one point - and even at it’s healthiest, it was a poor unit.

I mean... wide open is wide open. Jones rarely threw the ball if his WRs didn't have enough separation. I watched every game as a Giants fan and the numbers support it; Jones' job was not to turn it over and **** up. It was basically the Jimmy G role, but even less responsibility.

I would also counter with this: What was going on last year that the Giants didn't trust him with more QB responsibility to impact the offense, yet they gave him $40+ million a year anyway? Was it Daboll didn't want Jones to, or was it Jones couldn't?

Maybe those first read deep shots would work with better WRs?
Maybe now that they trust him better they open the offense up a little?
I don’t know but basically he was throwing to guys off the street at one point - and even at it’s healthiest, it was a poor unit.
I think the structure had more to do with the terrible oline than even the receivers (although the receivers were clearly a huge problem). Most games they just had no confidence that Jones would have time to move past his first progression. Jones actually made huge gains last year climbing the pocket and keeping his eyes downfield when he had time and the ability to set in the pocket. It’s just those opportunities didn’t present themselves as often as they couldn’t hold up even against average pass rushes.

In the end, no one is going to change their mind on Jones at this point. You can cherry pick stats or make excuses to make your argument on either side of the equation.

One stat I find interesting that PFF tracks is big time throws vs turnover worthy plays. Basically, a big time throw is a an accurate downfield throw into a tight window, whereas a turnover worthy play, is basically a play that had a greater than 50% chance of being a turnover. Think of it like TD/INT ratio, if WR/DB were irrelevant.

Anyway, when you compare actual TD/INT ratio, to BTT/TWP ratio, I think you can establish a little bit of who got really lucky or unlucky as a passer. I bring that up, because the 4 QBs who had the best luck in 2022 were:
1. Jared Goff -28
2. Daniel Jones -24
3. (tie) Matt Ryan -18, Tua Tagovailoa -18
For contrast the 4 least lucky were:
1. Kenny Pickett +8
2. Mac Jones +5
3. (tie) Mitch Trubisky +4, Davis Mills +4

Now this is just one metric, but I personally believe its a very telling one, one that would have me nervous about Daniel Jones, and probably Goff/Tua as well, while it would have me very optimistic for Kenny Pickett, and to a lesser extent Mac Jones.

For the sake of making a statement, if you gave me a choice of any of those 8 QBs going forward, I'd pick Mac Jones.

Regression to the mean is a very real thing, and Daniel Jones is a very strong candidate for it, even of the Giants upgrade the talent around him. Truthfully, I think he's more valuable for his legs than his arm.

Hard to believe he is worth close to that. We will see, and what do I know? But I think they're nuts. 40 MILL for Dan Jones??? No way. He's like a good backup QB.

Great agent, btw, whoever he is.

Yeah, I would have preferred them come to a 2-3 year deal with Saquon. Saquon was a generational talent coming out of college, had a great rookie year, tore an ACL then had a great comeback year this season to prove his worth. Get his last 2-3 good years out of him, and tag Danny Dimes as I think that team still needs OL and WR help as well as a long term QB.

New York is a bad place for QBs and a wonderful place for defenders and RBs. We can list all the Jets and Giants QBs that weren't very good- some that even looked good for a spell then lost it- that list is so long.

I'd have given Jones a tag and said show me one more impressive season. That said though, I can totally understand them paying a bit more for their QB.

I hope it works out.

Yeah, I would have preferred them come to a 2-3 year deal with Saquon. Saquon was a generational talent coming out of college, had a great rookie year, tore an ACL then had a great comeback year this season to prove his worth. Get his last 2-3 good years out of him, and tag Danny Dimes as I think that team still needs OL and WR help as well as a long term QB.
The RB market stinks and is even worse for previously injured RBs.
Their money is in endorsements as we all love a top RB.
I don't know that another team will offer Saquan a truckload of money but I do think a new fanbase will welcome him with open arms and buy a ton of new merch. Add on new advertising companies and Saquan makes a lot of money leaving.
NY is the media capital and blah blah blah. What's he make there in endorsements? I imagine it's a lot.
This is Saquan's real salary issue.

I mean... wide open is wide open. Jones rarely threw the ball if his WRs didn't have enough separation. I watched every game as a Giants fan and the numbers support it; Jones' job was not to turn it over and **** up. It was basically the Jimmy G role, but even less responsibility.

I would also counter with this: What was going on last year that the Giants didn't trust him with more QB responsibility to impact the offense, yet they gave him $40+ million a year anyway? Was it Daboll didn't want Jones to, or was it Jones couldn't?
LOL!!! Seriously ... You rattle off BS as if you hadnt watched a single play the entire season. This is the first and only time I have heard that the Giants Wide Receivers were WIDE OPEN all season What kinda of educated BS are you spewing ...LOFL!!

And Jimmy G., I guess you are referring to Garoppolo, is a pure pocket passer that cant create with his legs at all!!!! Garoppolo wouldnt last 2 games behind the Giants Oline !

I don't know that another team will offer Saquan a truckload of money but I do think a new fanbase will welcome him with open arms and buy a ton of new merch. Add on new advertising companies and Saquan makes a lot of money leaving.
NY is the media capital and blah blah blah. What's he make there in endorsements? I imagine it's a lot.
I'm glad he will be back but Saquan was never as impressive as his rookie season, he's had injuries, blocking issues and he is not the receiving threat that he once was ...in fact he led the team in dropped passes.
Everyone loves Saquan he's a great guy and a very good RB but he's not the generational talent that he was supposed to be ... he's in the top 5 to 10 range and there are better RBs coming out of the draft this season.

They still will probably extend Saquon for a few years to drop that $10MM cap number. The tag just buys them more time.

Eagles are losing half of their defense, their top RB, a starting Olineman and have limited cap room, they had almost zero Injuries in 2022 (No way they will be as fortunate next season ... That just doesnt happen. Also have to sign their QB and top Corner in the coming months. Or lose them
Giants have signed their 2 most important FAs, have cap space and lots of draft capital ... almost all of their 11 2022 draft picks missed time if not the entire season in 2022
Yes I think the Giants will significantly close the gap this year ... will be as good if not better than the Eagles
Don’t forget new coaching staff for Eagles as well. I think they’ll face some serious challenges this year. I still think they win the division though because the offense is potent.

Don’t forget new coaching staff for Eagles as well. I think they’ll face some serious challenges this year. I still think they win the division though because the offense is potent.
There will be change. But no chance the Giants do enough to close that gap IMO. The new OC has known Jalen since he was a kid. Pretty sure they have a good relationship and he understands what will work. New DC appears to be a little more aggressive/creative than the previous guy. We probably won't have the easiest schedule in professional sports history again, but the same Head Coach that everyone seems to love to hate will be back, and thats the main thing, other than Offensive continuity.

How about we start a new thread where Eagles, Giants and Cowboys fans can throw jabs at each other, so that they don’t have to ruin every other thread with petty back and forth sniping?
Good call.

Projections for Daniel Jones next year, not knowing anything other than he has Saquon back, and no free agents signed.

3432 passing yards. 20 touchdown passes, 14 INTS
653 rushing yards, 6 touchdown rushes.
7 fumbles lost

QB14 in fantasy football

How about we start a new thread where Eagles, Giants and Cowboys fans can throw jabs at each other, so that they don’t have to ruin every other thread with petty back and forth sniping?
Good call.

Projections for Daniel Jones next year, not knowing anything other than he has Saquon back, and no free agents signed.

7 fumbles lost

QB14 in fantasy football
Those look ok for now, but would like to see if the Giants add WRs in free agency and the draft - I could see the passing yards and TD numbers bumped up a little.
I also doubt he turns the ball over 21 times. He seemed to have learned to cut down on the fumbles.

Good call.

7 fumbles lost

QB14 in fantasy football
Those look ok for now, but would like to see if the Giants add WRs in free agency and the draft - I could see the passing yards and TD numbers bumped up a little.
I also doubt he turns the ball over 21 times. He seemed to have learned to cut down on the fumbles.
I feel ya there, but the NFC East overall played some of the easiest schedules in NFL history this year, which could in part account for his low turovers last year. Maybe he did learn, but one year of being less of a turnover machine compared to his first 3 years doesn't sway me too much, at this time.

Good call.

7 fumbles lost

QB14 in fantasy football
I feel ya there, but the NFC East overall played some of the easiest schedules in NFL history this year, which could in part account for his low turovers last year. Maybe he did learn, but one year of being less of a turnover machine compared to his first 3 years doesn't sway me too much, at this time.
There’s plenty of players that learned how to protect the football and cut down on fumbling.
It’s possible last season was just an outlier - but it seems like an incredible stretch to correlate a weak schedule to cutting down on fumbles.

Good call.

7 fumbles lost

QB14 in fantasy football
Daniel Jones turnovers by season
2019 - 23 Total 11 fum 12 ints
2020 - 16 Total 6 fum 10 ints
2021 - 10 Total 3 fum 7 ints
2023 - 8 Total 3 fum 5 ints

Good call.

7 fumbles lost

QB14 in fantasy football
There’s plenty of players that learned how to protect the football and cut down on fumbling.
It’s possible last season was just an outlier - but it seems like an incredible stretch to correlate a weak schedule to cutting down on fumbles.
Jones has done a great job with the fumbles
Rookie year he had 19 fumbles
They have decreased every season since
10 in year two
Then 7 and then 6 last season

Good call.

7 fumbles lost

QB14 in fantasy football
Jones had 1 season of being a turnove Machine (his rookie year) he was tied for 4th in the NFL for most TOs
He's never been a high Int QB (Knock on Wood)

Daniel Jones turnovers by season
2019 - 23 Total 11 fum 12 ints (4th TOs)
2020 - 16 Total 6 fum 10 ints (9th TOs)
2021 - 10 Total 3 fum 7 ints (Wasnt in the top 25 TOs)
2023 - 8 Total 3 fum 5 ints (Fewest TOs in the NFL)

Beyond luck, one thing that likely played a huge part in Jones having so few turnovers, is that he had the lowest depth of target of any QB in the league. The story on Jones is pretty easy in my eyes, he's an accurate dink and dunker, with good mobility, who either isn't trusted or isn't capable of making big plays in the passing game.

A-F scale, Jones is a solid C. You can win with him, you won't win because of him.

"Said on @SNYtv to wait for fine details before reacting to Daniel Jones' contract with the #Giants.

Here's why, per sources: 4-year deal came with $36m signing bonus. Base salaries are $9.5m (23), $36.5m (24), $30m (25) & $46.5m (26).

The #Giants guaranteed his entire '23 and '24 base salaries. $12m of Jones' $30m '25 base becomes GTD if he's on roster 5th day of 2025 league year, while $12m is GTD for injury at signing. There are no guaranatees for the final year ($46.5m).

Jones' cap hits are as follows:
2023: $18.5m
2024: $45.5m
2025: $39.5m
2026: $55.5m

Giants *can* get out of contract after 2024 if they were to release Jones before the 5th day of the 2025 league year (and before the $12m vests).
More likely: It's a 3-year deal. Cut after '25: $46.5 save, $9m dead. AAV for 3 years: $37.3m (NYG wanted $35-$37) — 10th in NFL

The cap hits of $45.5m and $39.5m in 2024 & 2025 seem crazy, yes. However something you need to remember that Joe Schoen knows: There will be another large cap jump in 2024, then a massive one in 2025 as TV deals hit books. What might look crazy now will not feel crazy then.

The major benefit to this contract for the #Giants is Jones' third year (2025). If he plays how they expect him to, that $30m base/$39.5m cap hit gives #NYG SIGNFICANT fianancial flexbility a year before they would look to extend him again. It's a good deal — really good deal."

Lamar for 2 firsts (and new contract) or Dan Jones for 4/160 and whatever trade compensation you'd receive for him (let's say 2nd and another mid pick/insert whatever you believe could be received).

Last edited:
Beyond luck, one thing that likely played a huge part in Jones having so few turnovers, is that he had the lowest depth of target of any QB in the league. The story on Jones is pretty easy in my eyes, he's an accurate dink and dunker, with good mobility, who either isn't trusted or isn't capable of making big plays in the passing game.

A-F scale, Jones is a solid C. You can win with him, you won't win because of him.
Not sure why everyone has a hard time with this but ... I'' try again
A) You can not throw deep if you do not have Receivers that can get open deep (Giants have arguably the worst WRS in the NFL ... Their best deep threat Slayton has the worst hands on the team
B) You can not throw deep if your protection does not not give your WRs time to get open deep ... The Giants ranked 27th in PFF pass-blocking efficiency over this season.
C) Despite all of this ... Daniel Jones is a very good deep ball passer when given the opportunity

Lamar for 2 firsts (and new contract) or Dan Jones for 4/160 and whatever trade compensation you'd receive for him (let's say 2nd and another mid pick/insert whatever you believe could be received).
Reputation aside ... Jackson hasnt been that good for the past 2 seasons.

2021-2022 ... Which stats are better ???
Cmp % 63.4 5124 yds 33 TDs 20 Ints
Cmp % 65.9 5633 yds 25 TDs 12 ints

Which stats are better???
277 combined yds and 1.6 TD/gm and a 15-9 record (2021-22)
245 combined yds and 1.25 TD/gm and a 13-13-1 record (2021-22)

273 combined yards and 2.05 TD/gm and a 45-16 career record
251 combined yards and 1.35 TD/gm and a 21-31-1 career record

Both the Ravens and Giants have had mediocre receiving options and lots of injuries, so that part is pretty similar.

... Daniel Jones just got $5 million less per year than Patrick Mahomes...

Now tell me which market stinks.

Do people not know how this works? Every year the cap goes up, the salaries for players go up. Mahomes signed that deal 2+ years ago. Thats how it goes. **At the time of signing** he was the highest paid NFL player. Assuming he is the all time great we think he is **when its his turn** he once again will become the highest paid player.

Both the Ravens and Giants have had mediocre receiving options and lots of injuries, so that part is pretty similar.
First off - Nobody said Jones has had a better career Jackson so quite down ... Jones Stats over the past 2 Season are comparable to Jackson that's all I'm pointing out.
Second - recarding the bolded ... No it's not
Mark Andrews is one of the Best TE's in the NFL and Marquis Brown was a 1st rd Draft pick and a damn good receiver ... neither is close to mediocre
Plus Oline Ranking 2. BALTIMORE RAVENS 30. NEW YORK GIANTS
And playing fewer games is not a positive ... That goes in the negative column

Jackson
Great QB , Great Oline, Great TE , Very Good WR and mediocre production over the last 2 seasons

Do people not know how this works? Every year the cap goes up, the salaries for players go up. Mahomes signed that deal 2+ years ago. Thats how it goes. **At the time of signing** he was the highest paid NFL player. Assuming he is the all time great we think he is **when its his turn** he once again will become the highest paid player.
Agree with this to an extent ... But it shouldnt be assumed that you are going to make more than the highest paid or best QB in football.
The negotiations should start with with comparable QBs i.e. when Kyler Murray comes to ARZ FO and says he wants $46M per year ... I politely tell him to **** off and talk to us when you have a SB win ... same with Dak. those are the 2 that really blew the structure up.

Jones comps should have been Cousins, Goff , Tannehill and he should have landed in that area plus a few million for his age, inflation and increased Cap, 35-38m range. Just because ARZ and DAL ****ed up doesnt mean the Gianst should follow suit

First off - Nobody said Jones has had a better career Jackson so quite down ... Jones Stats over the past 2 Season are comparable to Jackson that's all I'm pointing out.
Mark Andrews is one of the Best TE's in the NFL and Marquis Brown was a 1st rd Draft pick and a damn good receiver ... neither is close to mediocre

Jackson
Great QB , Great Oline, Great TE , Very Good WR and mediocre production over the last 2 seasons
There's a difference between mediocre production and missed time due to injury. PLAYER X that had 3,000 passing yards in 10 games should not be considered less productive than PLAYER Y that had 3,200 passing yards in 17 games. Thats just silly. (This is a hypothetical example and is not incorporating Jackson or Jones at all.)

Since you brought up the Ravens, yes, Andrews is one of the best tight ends, but he was banged up all season. Andrews was the only player that had 500 receiving yards for the Ravens this year. Bateman missed 11 or 12 games. They were so short on options, they had to bring in Sammy Watkins and DeSean Jackson. Their top WR this season was Demarcus Robinson (458 yards), who's been a JAG for 7 seasons.

How many RBs have the Ravens churned through the past two years due to injury? Dobbins, Freeman, Murray, Bell, Hill, Edwards, Drake. Compare that to having Saquon this season (1650 YFS/10 TD).

No question the Ravens had a healthy offensive line and better OL play. But the Ravens weren't stocked with WR like CIN or have a healthy backfield last year or this year.

Jackson
There's a difference between mediocre production and missed time due to injury. PLAYER X that had 3,000 passing yards in 10 games should not be considered less productive than PLAYER Y that had 3,200 passing yards in 17 games. Thats just silly. (This is a hypothetical example and is not incorporating Jackson or Jones at all.)

Since you brought up the Ravens, yes, Andrews is one of the best tight ends, but he was banged up all season. Andrews was the only player that had 500 receiving yards for the Ravens this year. Bateman missed 11 or 12 games. They were so short on options, they had to bring in Sammy Watkins and DeSean Jackson. Their top WR this season was Demarcus Robinson (458 yards), who's been a JAG for 7 seasons.

How many RBs have the Ravens churned through the past two years due to injury? Dobbins, Freeman, Murray, Bell, Hill, Edwards, Drake. Compare that to having Saquon this season (1650 YFS/10 TD).

No question the Ravens had a healthy offensive line and better OL play. But the Ravens weren't stocked with WR like CIN or have a healthy backfield last year or this year.
Maybe the Giants just have a bad front office and got lucky last year, I dunno. When was the last time they actually had a good WR they drafted? Or tight end. Oh yeah, they let Evan Engram go. Saquon is nice, but you better damn well be nice if you are a RUNNING BACK getting drafted at #2 overall. Seems the Giants play is to draft a player much higher than anyone else would, then double down and give those guys MORE MONEY on top of the high dollar amounts they already made on a rookie deal. This nonsense of "insert this player here or take away this players' entire team THEN LETS SEE HOW GOOD THEY ARE" is just that, nonsense. Akin to saying "well, take away my lungs and brain and see how good you can live!" Its very weird. "Well, my average QB was average b/c the rest of the roster construction was crap" doesn't really give faith to an objective person that "well they are on the right track now" when they just finished a season 2-5 and got boatraced by a divisional rival in the playoffs. Cool Giants had the 30th ranked offensive line and terrible offensive weapons. Where is the Giants "AJ Brown" move to help Jones out?

Jackson

• Jones (92.5 / 60.8) had a higher QB Rating and QBR than Jackson (91.1 / 59.0) in 2022
  • hypothetical examples are silly
  • Andrews had more Yards and started more games then any Giant TE or Receiver
  • Giants WRs were 5th, 6th and 7th round picks that were picked up off of waivers and practice squads
  • Drake, Dobbins, and Edwards, averaged more yds per carry then Saquan had almost the same combined yds and more TDs on fewer touches ... so I dont feel bad for Jackson
  • Giants have been in the bottom 5 Oline annually for at least the past 4-5 years, They haven't had a 1000 Receiver since Odell, Giants are annually one of the top injured team in the NFL and the most injured team since 2009 ... I don't want hear crap about injuries !

When was the last time they actually had a good WR they drafted?
As a Patriots fan, I can assure you that the Giants have drafted better receivers over the years than NE has. OBJ trumps anything the Pats picked up. Edelman turned out to be productive . . . but he was a QB coming out of college.

Users who are viewing this thread