What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***2023 Free Agency Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Jakobi Meyers to the Raiders for a lot less then most predicted. 3/33. Good player but I thought the hype on him being best WR in the FA class and worth $15m+ was a little much. Mainly because he’s not a 1, not close
Ugh i was holding him on a couple of teams but this makes him a cut for me...
I'm in wait and see mode -- if Renfrow is dumped could be a great spot with an alpha taking the coverage and allowing Meyers to do what he does best underneath.

Jakobi Meyers to the Raiders for a lot less then most predicted. 3/33. Good player but I thought the hype on him being best WR in the FA class and worth $15m+ was a little much. Mainly because he’s not a 1, not close
Ugh i was holding him on a couple of teams but this makes him a cut for me...
I'm in wait and see mode -- if Renfrow is dumped could be a great spot with an alpha taking the coverage and allowing Meyers to do what he does best underneath.
Meyers would definitely benefit from Adams taking coverage away, but I'd be concerned that there would be much volume after Adams gets his and you still have Waller (even if Renfrow is gone). I don't see them as being very pass heavy under McDaniels unless the AFC West turns into the shootouts we all thought they'd be last year.

I think 3 RB's have now signed and if we made up our top 10 FA RB lists none of them would be on it. Mostert is the highest of the low tier RB's to sign. Been a strange market in that sense and I still think it's because a lot is in the air with what some teams decide to do with their veteran RB's by tomorrow's deadline.

For fantasy purposes it's not been a thrilling FA period, hoping/anticipating more electricity tomorrow.

I think 3 RB's have now signed and if we made up our top 10 FA RB lists none of them would be on it. Mostert is the highest of the low tier RB's to sign. Been a strange market in that sense and I still think it's because a lot is in the air with what some teams decide to do with their veteran RB's by tomorrow's deadline.

For fantasy purposes it's not been a thrilling FA period, hoping/anticipating more electricity tomorrow.
Mike Boone knows to get that check before its too late

FA related:

Barry Jackson

@flasportsbuzz

Per source, Dolphins - after initial inquiries with Vikings - were not anticipating trade for Dalvin Cook, at least as of AM. That could change if Vikings decide to do something with him; Fins appreciate his skills... As for now, search continues for a back to pair with Mostert.

Texans acquire Shaq Mason from the Bucs
For a swap of a 6 and a 7. Hell of a price for a top-10 Guard.

Huge get for the Texans, RG has been a massive hole for them for a very long time. Doesn’t totally fix their o’line issues (they need a starting center badly for example) but a big improvement.
Really dislike when division foes get good deals to fix the same holes we have.

Makes me wonder if one of Renfrow/Waller gets dumped, probably more likely Renfrow, otherwise that is a a lot of money tied up in pass catchers. 51 million between Adams/Meyers/Waller/Renfrow.
Was thinking same.
And it has happened

Raiders only got back pick 100 for Waller which was the best pick the Giants got back for Toney.

So you can say the Giants basically traded Toney for Waller and a 6th.

Nice to see the Browns can shave 36 million off the cap this year with a quick swipe of the pen on Watsons contract.
In general, shows that the salary cap often really as much as a deterrent as many would believe. Teams can move around money if they really want a player. Carr to the Saints is just one example even though the Saints appeared to be having cap issues.

Or the entire last few years of the LA Rams, where all we heard was that they couldn't afford to cut Gurley, and they would only be able to re-sign one or two of Kupp/Woods/Donald, and in the end they cut Gurley AND signed Kupp AND signed Woods AND signed Donald and then gave Stafford AND Jalen Ramsey big contracts on top of all that.

Dolphins brought back Jeff Wilson 2/8'ish. Hated to see it, was the premier RB destination.
If one landed there now, dealing with a RBBC with Mostert and Wilson makes it an ugly situation. Very disappointing development - but I guess it's hard for teams to wait for the draft, because it forces their hand. I guess Wilson and Mostert's injury history does give some hope to a rookie that ends up there.

R Penny to the Eagles
It's a great spot. Everyone will say until he get's hurt and maybe so but the guy can flat out run. If not for injuries, and he was healthy in college, I think the perception of using a late one on him and/or picking him over Chubb would have changed.

Last edited:
Jets sign Allen Lazard 4 years $44m. WTF
That's as bad a signing as Penny is a good one.

Rodgers has them totally over a barrel. I wonder if Elijah Moore and/or Corey Davis gets traded, both guys are better than Lazard. Probably reasonable to expect Randall Cobb to soon follow.

The jets better make sure Rodgers is actually a jet before making that official.
Maybe that contract gets the Pack a comp pick

Users who are viewing this thread