What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

From Fat to Fit 2024 - New Year New Goals! (1 Viewer)

If anyone is looking for Protein Bar recommendations, Quest Hero bars used to be my go to and they're still great but a brand called Barbells have taken the title. These things are amazing. If you get any sweet tooth cravings, they help alleviate the urge. They basically taste like a Millky Way or Snickers. They really do. Solid macros and a great snack imo (200 calories, 20g protein, low sugar). A game changer for those that can't stomach traditional protein bars. Creamy Crisp has been my go to flavor:

May have to try that. I've had the Quest chips before and they are quite tasty.

Still kind of plateaued and not quite back on track yet. I was down a little this morning surprisingly at 288.0. Down about 25 lbs since 6/22/23. About 18-19 of that came off in first month and slow progress since. Two weeks until my doc appointment. Need to up my game. Back to the gym tomorrow.
Keep it up! A nutritionist I know said 75% of losing weight is diet related (may have been 80%) and that it is very hard to out exercise a bad diet. Have you tried tracking your calories (and looking at other macros like protein, fat, etc)? It can be shocking when all the little things add up. I'm not good at tracking everything, that's why my basic plan is if it isn't my protein shake in the morning, chipotle (or similar) at lunch, and a chicken breast for dinner, I don't eat it.

July 2022: Weighed in at 268 with a plan to lose weight. I don't think I stuck with it for more than a week.

July 15th 2023: Weighed in at 261.4

August 6th 2023: Weighed in at 243.4

August 24th 2023: Weighed in at 237.6
------
September 12th 2023: Weighed in at 228.0
------
I'm officially 40 down from July of 2022 and 33 pounds from when I committed to this on July 15th of 2023. Thats an average of 0.55 pounds lost per day since July 15th - 59 days ago.

Since my last post, 19 days ago, I have "cheated" 3 times (first incidents during this 59 day run), but have still almost maintained my daily loss rate, at 0.505 pounds per day average over the past 19 days for a total loss in that span of 9.6 pounds.

I've had 3 cheat days and I missed working out 2 days since my last check-in on August 24th. All of that was related to being invited to hang out with friends to watch football. Which, to be honest is part of the reason why I'm doing all of this. When my health is better, my attitude and personality are better, and I'm more fun to be around. So, I didn't feel too bad about "cheating" when I was invited out to a few house parties.

I had no alcohol during either watch party, so thats good. None of the cheat days were "egregious" but I didn't follow my diet plan during the games and despite not drinking at the first watch party, I felt so bad from eating bad food during the game, that the next day, I got some Thai food to "recover." This experience really opened my eyes to just how bad I feel when I eat bad food, and how it just self-perpetuates. I was never an "eat better to feel better" person in the past, but man, I was literally in physical pain (mild), from one day of eating some wings and snacks during a football game. I was mindful of that at the second party I went to, and despite going off of my plan that night as well, I was more in-check and didn't feel like I needed to have the "recovery" day after that one. So perhaps a lesson was learned.

I'm receiving more compliments and "are you losing weight?" questions from co-workers and people I don't see all the time. That feels good. I'm still committed and feeling ready to continue on the journey. At 5'10" another 20 pounds would get me out of the obese category and into the overweight category on the Official BMI Chart. I started our near the top of the "Obese Class 2" category, which I think was a ticket classification on the Titanic. Seems fitting. ;)

Keep up the good fight.

Last edited:
I managed to get through my earlier trips without too much damage but this last trip to Disney with the wife I blew up. But fought my way back the last two weeks. 179.0 this morning. Was hoping to be 170 by 9/28 but think that’s unrealistic now. Backpacking on the AT for 4 days.

Morning scale showed me at 285 this morning. A little surprised because I've had a few days of bad eating with fast food and movie popcorn and continue to successfully avoid the gym. 3 month check up is one week away. Hoping I can somehow bit 283 by Monday but that will probably be a stretch. That would be 30 pounds since my last in person doc appt. Either way I'm happy with the progress I've made so far and am going to try use the appointment as a reset date with another 3 month plan of action to do hopefully even better. I need to do blood work in the next couple of days and am hoping my A1C has dropped out of diabetic range. My diet was pretty good the first month but had been slowly getting worse. I need to reverse that. Really don't want to have to do Metformin or the Oz or whatever.

Diet has been awful it really is my downfall in all this.

However I have walked 2-3 miles 4 of the last 6 days and the other 2 I road the exercise bike for 30 minutes. Nothing too crazy but have at least started to be more consistent with some exercise

July 2022: Weighed in at 268 with a plan to lose weight. I don't think I stuck with it for more than a week.

------
------
I'm officially 40 down from July of 2022 and 33 pounds from when I committed to this on July 15th of 2023. Thats an average of 0.55 pounds lost per day since July 15th - 59 days ago.

Since my last post, 19 days ago, I have "cheated" 3 times (first incidents during this 59 day run), but have still almost maintained my daily loss rate, at 0.505 pounds per day average over the past 19 days for a total loss in that span of 9.6 pounds.

I've had 3 cheat days and I missed working out 2 days since my last check-in on August 24th. All of that was related to being invited to hang out with friends to watch football. Which, to be honest is part of the reason why I'm doing all of this. When my health is better, my attitude and personality are better, and I'm more fun to be around. So, I didn't feel too bad about "cheating" when I was invited out to a few house parties.

I had no alcohol during either watch party, so thats good. None of the cheat days were "egregious" but I didn't follow my diet plan during the games and despite not drinking at the first watch party, I felt so bad from eating bad food during the game, that the next day, I got some Thai food to "recover." This experience really opened my eyes to just how bad I feel when I eat bad food, and how it just self-perpetuates. I was never an "eat better to feel better" person in the past, but man, I was literally in physical pain (mild), from one day of eating some wings and snacks during a football game. I was mindful of that at the second party I went to, and despite going off of my plan that night as well, I was more in-check and didn't feel like I needed to have the "recovery" day after that one. So perhaps a lesson was learned.

I'm receiving more compliments and "are you losing weight?" questions from co-workers and people I don't see all the time. That feels good. I'm still committed and feeling ready to continue on the journey. At 5'10" another 20 pounds would get me out of the obese category and into the overweight category on the Official BMI Chart. I started our near the top of the "Obese Class 2" category, which I think was a ticket classification on the Titanic. Seems fitting. ;)

Keep up the good fight.
This is amazing! Keep up the great work!

I managed to get through my earlier trips without too much damage but this last trip to Disney with the wife I blew up. But fought my way back the last two weeks. 179.0 this morning. Was hoping to be 170 by 9/28 but think that’s unrealistic now. Backpacking on the AT for 4 days.
I did the same thing when I went on a mission trip. I think it is important to enjoy things like that. We set arbitrary dates for motivations but really we are making lifestyle changes. Just make the right next choice and get to where you want to be!

Morning scale showed me at 285 this morning. A little surprised because I've had a few days of bad eating with fast food and movie popcorn and continue to successfully avoid the gym. 3 month check up is one week away. Hoping I can somehow bit 283 by Monday but that will probably be a stretch. That would be 30 pounds since my last in person doc appt. Either way I'm happy with the progress I've made so far and am going to try use the appointment as a reset date with another 3 month plan of action to do hopefully even better. I need to do blood work in the next couple of days and am hoping my A1C has dropped out of diabetic range. My diet was pretty good the first month but had been slowly getting worse. I need to reverse that. Really don't want to have to do Metformin or the Oz or whatever.
30 pounds is awesome! Diet is the key, probably 80% of the battle. Keep going strong!

However I have walked 2-3 miles 4 of the last 6 days and the other 2 I road the exercise bike for 30 minutes. Nothing too crazy but have at least started to be more consistent with some exercise
The exercise is great but as you know the majority is diet related. I ride in a spin class for 45 minutes, and burn about 600 calories in it. Easier to skip 3 doughnuts.

The exercise is great but as you know the majority is diet related. I ride in a spin class for 45 minutes, and burn about 600 calories in it. Easier to skip 3 doughnuts.
disagree....... ;)

Month 5 Progress: my link

-124.2 lb 🙂

Amazing work. You basically just lost an olympic bar with 45s on each side. Imagine carrying that extra weight around with you all day. You must feel so much better. Wishing you continued success!
Listen man, I have one of those weighted blankets and those things weigh like 10 lbs and I was just appalled at how many of those I was "wearing" on myself.

Bloodwork in...

Changes from 6/22 to 9/19.

Glucose (70-99 mg/dl):
114 ----- 89

A1C (<=5.6%):
6.7 ------ 5.8

Cholesterol (<=199):
164 ------ 127
(Doc had upped my dosage of Atorvastatin from 20-40mg as he said diabetics needed even lower cholesterol numbers)

HDL (>=40):
35 ----- 33

LDL(<=99)
103 ----- 68

Triglycerides (<=149)
148 ------ 144

B12 (232-1245)
(Started a supplement. In the past I knew it was pretty low. 323 back in 2017)

Vitamin D (>=20 ng/ml)
(Don't think I've had this checked before. Nutritionist had recommended checking.)

Very very happy with the results. 🤘🙂

Last edited:
Congratulations all on your success. It's not easy.

I was doing Keto for a while, it was greatness. This summer I lost focus with all the kid college stuff happening and I definitely put a few pounds back on. My high a couple of years back was 320ish, then I got down to 260ish last fall/winter. I gotta check but I'm probably around 280 now. I'm gonna get Keto'n and fasting again, with a goal of under 250 by Christmas ish.

For me it's all about routine and grilling. Believe it or not, the school year and hollidays are way easier for me to diet because I can get into a good routine. The first week is by far the hardest part. Once I get going I am unstoppable. Today I am gonna write down a list of all my keto/low carb/cheat foods I had success with last time. For starters....
Yogurt and blueberries for breakfast every day, fish (schrod, shrimp, scallops) watermelon, lettuce, chicken, steak, cashews, eggs, sausage...

No bread, no beer, and no pasta ftw! I also will get sushi, but peel off the rice layer.

Bloodwork in...

Changes from 6/22 to 9/19.

Glucose (70-99 mg/dl):
114 ----- 89

A1C (<=5.6%):
6.7 ------ 5.8

Cholesterol (<=199):
164 ------ 127
(Doc had upped my dosage of Atorvastatin from 20-40mg as he said diabetics needed even lower cholesterol numbers)

HDL (>=40):
35 ----- 33

LDL(<=99)
103 ----- 68

Triglycerides (<=149)
148 ------ 144

B12 (232-1245)
(Started a supplement. In the past I knew it was pretty low. 323 back in 2017)

Vitamin D (>=20 ng/ml)
(Don't think I've had this checked before. Nutritionist had recommended checking.)

Very very happy with the results. 🤘🙂
Great progress on the numbers! I believe they raised the standard for Vitamin D. Almost everyone I know who has had it checked gets recommended to take a supplement.

Congratulations all on your success. It's not easy.

I was doing Keto for a while, it was greatness. This summer I lost focus with all the kid college stuff happening and I definitely put a few pounds back on. My high a couple of years back was 320ish, then I got down to 260ish last fall/winter. I gotta check but I'm probably around 280 now. I'm gonna get Keto'n and fasting again, with a goal of under 250 by Christmas ish.

For me it's all about routine and grilling. Believe it or not, the school year and hollidays are way easier for me to diet because I can get into a good routine. The first week is by far the hardest part. Once I get going I am unstoppable. Today I am gonna write down a list of all my keto/low carb/cheat foods I had success with last time. For starters....
Yogurt and blueberries for breakfast every day, fish (schrod, shrimp, scallops) watermelon, lettuce, chicken, steak, cashews, eggs, sausage...

No bread, no beer, and no pasta ftw! I also will get sushi, but peel off the rice layer.
Yeah big life events like that will throw you off track, it's important to make it a temporary derailment and not a permanent one. Sounds like you are back on track!

I've stopped the daily reports since I hit my targeted range of 190 - 195 (and stayed there for a few weeks). I'm continuing to follow the same patterns though, just a little more loose if I want to eat a small piece of chocolate peanut butter pie (which I did yesterday). Still weigh every day to make sure I don't get off track. This morning I was greeted with 189.6, down 30 pounds from the start! Well 29.8 pounds but I'll round up.

Keep up the work all and make it a lifestyle change, not just a one off diet!

I have been taking Mounjaro shots since late July. I’m now down 20 pounds.

I’ve tried everything to lose weight and failed at everything. This is the first time anything has worked. I’ve got 30 more pounds to go but my doctor says I should get there by spring. I’m just not hungry anymore for snacks.
Congrats! Glad you found something that works for you!

I've stopped the daily reports since I hit my targeted range of 190 - 195 (and stayed there for a few weeks). I'm continuing to follow the same patterns though, just a little more loose if I want to eat a small piece of chocolate peanut butter pie (which I did yesterday). Still weigh every day to make sure I don't get off track. This morning I was greeted with 189.6, down 30 pounds from the start! Well 29.8 pounds but I'll round up.

Keep up the work all and make it a lifestyle change, not just a one off diet!
That is awesome, man. Keep up the great work. Even if I don't post a ton, I check this thread almost every day, and you & the rest of the crew help to keep me on the right track.

I also will get sushi, but peel off the rice layer.
GB, you're looking for sashimi. More fish bang for your buck and no deconstruciton required.

Yep. I also love a good poke bowl. Sub salad for the rice in your case.
Place just opened up right around the corner called Poke Brothers. I'll check it out.

Nice. Most of these poke spots almost operate like a Chipotle i.e. pick your sides, toppings etc. Just be mindful of the sauces/dressings. Many have a ton of sugar/salt in them. I normally get my order dry and dress them myself.

A couple weeks ago I managed to do a three day, 160 mile (total) bike ride...

Was a real challenge for me; also learned a lot of history and overall bike etiquette (I ride alone here at home)

Down to 177 lbs from my May 2022 267

Will keep cycling/walking on

Last edited:
A couple weeks ago I managed to do a three day, 160 mile bike ride...

Was a real challenge for me; also learned a lot of history and overall bike etiquette (I ride alone here at home)

Down to 177 lbs from my May 2022 267

Will keep cycling/walking on
Holy cow that is amazing on so many fronts. 90 pounds! 160 miles on the bike! My single day longest ride was 50. I can't imagine doing that 3 days in a row and still being short. Keep it up!

1/1: ~220
4/1: 199
8/1: 191
9/24: 181

Quit drinking mostly (1 beer in April, ~15 beers in June/July), dabbled in fasting in February/March/April/August/September with some 24/48/72 hour water fasts every week (and 1 96 hour), ate keto in April, had a few days with 10k steps, did push ups for 2 days in September.

I weighed 168 when I graduated high school and that has always been the yard stick for how fat I got as I got older (fattest was ~245 in May 2020). Now that it is only 13 lb away I think I am going to make a push to tag it in the next week or two, just because. Once I get the scale photo I will shift gears towards the "fitness" part of this thread. Keep up the no alcohol, pick a healthy eating plan, get back to 10k steps daily, find a beginners weight lifting plan. Big goals would be complete a 10k push up in 30 days challenge and run a 50k, both sometime next spring/summer.

Most of the weight I have lost is just from not drinking 200 beers a month and whatever water/bloat is lost during fasting. Since I haven't been disciplined with exercise or diet it doesn't really feel like I have accomplished much, but I can see some progress in the mirror.

I need to spend more time in this thread and the 10k thread and less time in the Shark Pool :lol:
Tremendous work! Don't get discouraged if the last 13 don't fall off as quick as the first 40 did. Even though you feel like you haven't accomplished much, you made a huge lifestyle change and stuck with it. You've probably gotten all of the losses out of that change, so the diet and exercise regimen will be next up. Good luck and keep it up!

Good check in today with the doc sharing my progress. Kind of splurged alot the past few days including today. Going to use 288 as an official marker for today. So the end of my first 3 month journey we'll call it 25 lbs down from 313. Next goal target date is my birthday on 12/27. Would love to drop another 25 by then. Even better would be to hit 250 but that might be a reach.

Great job everyone else and thanks for the support and encouragement.

1/1: ~220
4/1: 199
8/1: 191
9/24: 181

Quit drinking mostly (1 beer in April, ~15 beers in June/July), dabbled in fasting in February/March/April/August/September with some 24/48/72 hour water fasts every week (and 1 96 hour), ate keto in April, had a few days with 10k steps, did push ups for 2 days in September.

I weighed 168 when I graduated high school and that has always been the yard stick for how fat I got as I got older (fattest was ~245 in May 2020). Now that it is only 13 lb away I think I am going to make a push to tag it in the next week or two, just because. Once I get the scale photo I will shift gears towards the "fitness" part of this thread. Keep up the no alcohol, pick a healthy eating plan, get back to 10k steps daily, find a beginners weight lifting plan. Big goals would be complete a 10k push up in 30 days challenge and run a 50k, both sometime next spring/summer.

Most of the weight I have lost is just from not drinking 200 beers a month and whatever water/bloat is lost during fasting. Since I haven't been disciplined with exercise or diet it doesn't really feel like I have accomplished much, but I can see some progress in the mirror.

I need to spend more time in this thread and the 10k thread and less time in the Shark Pool :lol:

Cant recommend weight training and/or calisthenics enough. I don't necessarily lose as many pounds as I would by strictly doing cardio but I prefer gaining more muscle and losing fat, not losing both. All my clothes fit better and I feel much stronger/healthier. Also love the added benefit of burning fat when I sleep.

Also congrats on staying away from the drink. All those empty calories from booze will pack on the pounds with the quickness. Been about two years since I took a sip.

awesome thread. I started my journey 11 days ago. I'm 5-10, 255 pounds, and 46 years old. Joined the gym with my thirteen year old son. It's been a great bonding experience and I already feeling better . my goal is to get under 200 pounds by next June. So, 55 pounds over 10 months.
All right, one month in, down to 244 pounds. Lost 11 pounds so far. Feeling great.
two months down.
start- 255 pounds
month 1- 244 pounds
month 2- 238.9 pounds

Good check in today with the doc sharing my progress. Kind of splurged alot the past few days including today. Going to use 288 as an official marker for today. So the end of my first 3 month journey we'll call it 25 lbs down from 313. Next goal target date is my birthday on 12/27. Would love to drop another 25 by then. Even better would be to hit 250 but that might be a reach.

Great job everyone else and thanks for the support and encouragement.
Keep it up! It can be tough during the holidays with all the extra food around, stay focused!

awesome thread. I started my journey 11 days ago. I'm 5-10, 255 pounds, and 46 years old. Joined the gym with my thirteen year old son. It's been a great bonding experience and I already feeling better . my goal is to get under 200 pounds by next June. So, 55 pounds over 10 months.
All right, one month in, down to 244 pounds. Lost 11 pounds so far. Feeling great.
two months down.
start- 255 pounds
month 1- 244 pounds
month 2- 238.9 pounds
Tremendous progress! And great bonding time with the son!

----
Day 76: September 29th, 2023: Weighed in at 218.6
---
Still continuing to drop the pounds. My next big challenge is going to be from October 11th to October 16th, I'm flying home for my Alma Mater's homecoming football game/weekend. Several of my good college buddies are also traveling to the game, and I know that I'll be drinking and eating poorly during that weekend.

My main challenges right now : 1) Drop as many pounds as possible before I go. 2) Not beat myself up, prematurely, for "bad" choices that I'm going to make during that weekend. 3) Enjoy the weekend, without being too afraid of eating and drinking, but also not going so insane that I lose a month's worth of weight loss progress in a week.

After this mid-October trip, I've got a cruise coming up over Thanksgiving that will also present some challenges, though I actually think I'll be able to stay on-track on a cruise, more easily than I will be able to, during a homecoming weekend with college buddies.

One of the things I'm starting to reflect on, is that when I started on July 15th, I started out by walking 3 miles on a flat treadmill at 3.0mph. I would be pouring sweat and would have to take multiple breaks - from walking - when I first began. Now, I'm doing an hour on the elliptical machine every day and doing some very light weight work, and I laugh at how out of shape I was to begin with. But, I'm also really proud of myself, that I was willing to be "humble" enough to get on the treadmill and be out of breath from walking, to where I am now. Granted, I'm not going on American Ninja Warrior anytime soon, but my progress in just 76 days is signficant.

I have been thinking, that it simply started by putting one foot in front of the other, and sticking with it. It really is that simple. You don't have to start P90X on your first day. Do what you are capable of, and slowly but surely, what you're capable of will expand and grow. The difference between eating fast food & doing literally no exercise, to implementing a diet & exercise plan, no matter how modest or "easy" it is, will absolutely make a difference if you give it the time and attention it needs.

If you've been eating terribly and haven't been in a gym in years, trust me that you'll be surprised how easily you can break out of the rut you feel like you're stuck in, and improve your life. You don't have to go from the couch to being Lance Armstrong in one day. Do what you can do. For me, one of the things I started to recognize is that I would spend at a minimum, an hour a day, doing absolutely nothing of value - looking on social media, watching random YT videos, just "existing" on the couch, and I finally realized that I was just throwing that hour+ a day in the garbage. Now, when I have my "mindless" hour, I have it on the elliptical machine. I have my phone, I watch YT, I play music, and the gym at my condo has basic cable on the TVs in the gym, so I can watch the local news, but instead of doing all of that on the couch, like I used to, I now do it in the gym, and I no longer feel like I'm just throwing that time in the garbage.

Food wise, I'm a convenience person. It has to be quick and easy or I will not bother with it, and I will go get something from a drive through window or Uber Eats. I've been doing Nutrisystem since I started on July 15th, and it has been really great. I've gotten into the timing of when to eat, and I've found which items I like and don't like from Nutrisystem.

7:00am Breakfast: Chocolate Chip Muffin (NS) and a Sugar Free Dannon Yogurt
10:30 Morning Snack: Popcorn (NS)
12:00: Piece of Fruit
3:00 Lunch: Hamburger (NS) and a piece of fruit
7:00 Dinner: Italian Sausage & Pepperoni Pizza (NS) + Fruit

(Note that I "skip" a snack that is allowed by the Nutrisystem plan every day, so every now and then, I will add another NS snack to this. Like today, for example, I'm going to see a movie right after work, so I'll bring along an extra Nutrisystem popcorn, and have that during the movie with a bottle of water.)

~1 gallon of water per day (minimum 96 ounces) + vitamins.

So, I continue to be committed and want to look and feel my best, for both of my upcoming adventures. The changes I'm seeing in the mirror are now pretty significant. It is hard to deny that I look much better and healthier, than I did when I started. My confidence is a lot higher and I am more pleasant to be around. The weight loss at this point is almost more of a "bonus" - the number on the scale, is just that- a number, but the confidence, mental health benefits etc. are what I'm finding to be the biggest positives.

Keep up the good fight. (Thanks for reading this far if you made it :) )

I've started trending backwards, so it is time for me to recommit. I'm targeting a Q4 personal challenge, with checkpoints at Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. 20lbs overall - 10 in Oct, 6 in 4 in Dec. Biggest challenges will be decreasing daylight, smart grocery shopping, and managing work stress.

Just popping in as I don't frequent here very often anymore. As someone who lost 30% of his body weight, starting off from a group FBG weight loss summer, and has kept the weight off around the 25-28% mark for 11 years now, you all are doing awesome! :tebow:
That is amazing! It's really about lifestyle change, not a just a gimmicky short term drop. 11 years sounds like it stuck!

----
Day 76: September 29th, 2023: Weighed in at 218.6
---
Still continuing to drop the pounds. My next big challenge is going to be from October 11th to October 16th, I'm flying home for my Alma Mater's homecoming football game/weekend. Several of my good college buddies are also traveling to the game, and I know that I'll be drinking and eating poorly during that weekend.

My main challenges right now : 1) Drop as many pounds as possible before I go. 2) Not beat myself up, prematurely, for "bad" choices that I'm going to make during that weekend. 3) Enjoy the weekend, without being too afraid of eating and drinking, but also not going so insane that I lose a month's worth of weight loss progress in a week.

After this mid-October trip, I've got a cruise coming up over Thanksgiving that will also present some challenges, though I actually think I'll be able to stay on-track on a cruise, more easily than I will be able to, during a homecoming weekend with college buddies.

One of the things I'm starting to reflect on, is that when I started on July 15th, I started out by walking 3 miles on a flat treadmill at 3.0mph. I would be pouring sweat and would have to take multiple breaks - from walking - when I first began. Now, I'm doing an hour on the elliptical machine every day and doing some very light weight work, and I laugh at how out of shape I was to begin with. But, I'm also really proud of myself, that I was willing to be "humble" enough to get on the treadmill and be out of breath from walking, to where I am now. Granted, I'm not going on American Ninja Warrior anytime soon, but my progress in just 76 days is signficant.

I have been thinking, that it simply started by putting one foot in front of the other, and sticking with it. It really is that simple. You don't have to start P90X on your first day. Do what you are capable of, and slowly but surely, what you're capable of will expand and grow. The difference between eating fast food & doing literally no exercise, to implementing a diet & exercise plan, no matter how modest or "easy" it is, will absolutely make a difference if you give it the time and attention it needs.

If you've been eating terribly and haven't been in a gym in years, trust me that you'll be surprised how easily you can break out of the rut you feel like you're stuck in, and improve your life. You don't have to go from the couch to being Lance Armstrong in one day. Do what you can do. For me, one of the things I started to recognize is that I would spend at a minimum, an hour a day, doing absolutely nothing of value - looking on social media, watching random YT videos, just "existing" on the couch, and I finally realized that I was just throwing that hour+ a day in the garbage. Now, when I have my "mindless" hour, I have it on the elliptical machine. I have my phone, I watch YT, I play music, and the gym at my condo has basic cable on the TVs in the gym, so I can watch the local news, but instead of doing all of that on the couch, like I used to, I now do it in the gym, and I no longer feel like I'm just throwing that time in the garbage.

Food wise, I'm a convenience person. It has to be quick and easy or I will not bother with it, and I will go get something from a drive through window or Uber Eats. I've been doing Nutrisystem since I started on July 15th, and it has been really great. I've gotten into the timing of when to eat, and I've found which items I like and don't like from Nutrisystem.

7:00am Breakfast: Chocolate Chip Muffin (NS) and a Sugar Free Dannon Yogurt
10:30 Morning Snack: Popcorn (NS)
12:00: Piece of Fruit
3:00 Lunch: Hamburger (NS) and a piece of fruit
7:00 Dinner: Italian Sausage & Pepperoni Pizza (NS) + Fruit

(Note that I "skip" a snack that is allowed by the Nutrisystem plan every day, so every now and then, I will add another NS snack to this. Like today, for example, I'm going to see a movie right after work, so I'll bring along an extra Nutrisystem popcorn, and have that during the movie with a bottle of water.)

~1 gallon of water per day (minimum 96 ounces) + vitamins.

So, I continue to be committed and want to look and feel my best, for both of my upcoming adventures. The changes I'm seeing in the mirror are now pretty significant. It is hard to deny that I look much better and healthier, than I did when I started. My confidence is a lot higher and I am more pleasant to be around. The weight loss at this point is almost more of a "bonus" - the number on the scale, is just that- a number, but the confidence, mental health benefits etc. are what I'm finding to be the biggest positives.

Keep up the good fight. (Thanks for reading this far if you made it :) )
Awesome! I'm very much like you. For truly special occassions, don't let the grind get you down. Try to keep it reasonable, but know that you are going to put on a few pounds. Then commit back to the program that is working well for you. I did the same in thing in June when I went on a mission trip and put on 7 pounds (in a week). I didn't think I was that out of control, but 10 days later it was gone. You are doing great, keep it going!

I've started trending backwards, so it is time for me to recommit. I'm targeting a Q4 personal challenge, with checkpoints at Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. 20lbs overall - 10 in Oct, 6 in 4 in Dec. Biggest challenges will be decreasing daylight, smart grocery shopping, and managing work stress.
I hit the range I was looking for (between 190 and 195), so I have eased up on my calorie strictness. Have stuck with my exercise routines while adding probably 500 calories to my previous caloric target (so around 2000). Even with that, I've managed to be sub 190 (just barely) for a few weeks. Keeping tabs on where you are is important, and putting up guardrails that you don't want to surpass will help you stay on track. Good luck and keep it up!

Finally started up my Keto again almost a week ago. My weight was up to 299! Last I had checked in June it was like 270. Honestly not sure if my newer scale is off. Wasn't expecting that at all. Wasn't eating bad or drinking at all. But had some carbs over the last six months or whatever.

So one week in that same newish scale has me at 292 today. I am past the keto craving/struggle point which is the hard part. I am considering going to just water for drink the next few weeks. That along with the 14 hour fast from 10pm to noon has given me high success. The cooking is the hardest part now.

My emergency carby snacks are...
Keto bar
Watermelon
Blueberries in Greek yogurt
Spray whip cream
Tiny handful of cashews
5 year chedder
Romaine lettuce
Having Chicken/steak/fish meals in the fridge ready to be microwaved in a pinch is a huge way to fight a bad craving I find. And dump butter on top before. These are just my weird strategies. They have worked well in the past.

178.4 this morning. Leave tomorrow for backpacking trip so I ate whatever the hell I wanted today to get some fuel in my system. Hoping to come back from this plus a couple of vacation days tacked on the end under 180.

4 days of grueling backpacking done and then 2 days of eating and drinking everything. I’m sure I’ll be up a few pounds but who cares - had a fantastic trip and great time with friends. Back at it tomorrow.

Anyone tried the GLP-1's for weight loss? Ozempic, Wegovy, etc. The results have been pretty remarkable. The drug manufacturers are also researching the potential cardiac benefits of these drugs.

I haven’t but know two different people who have and both had good success. The thing that is confusing for me (as someone who doesn’t follow it closely) - why is there a shortage for so long with some of them and why won’t insurance cover for weight loss? Knowing how much obesity impacts health it seems like a no-brainer to cover it.

Stomach paralysis?

178.4 this morning. Leave tomorrow for backpacking trip so I ate whatever the hell I wanted today to get some fuel in my system. Hoping to come back from this plus a couple of vacation days tacked on the end under 180.

177.4 - I’ve come to the realization that if I really want to get super fit before I turn 50 next May that I’m going to have to keep my diet clean AND keep my exercise at fairly high level. I’ve been +/- 3 pounds of 180 for a while now.

I’m not sure how dedicated I am :bag:

Users who are viewing this thread