What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Bijan Robinson, ATL (1 Viewer)

The headache thing makes no sense, particularly with the leagues stance on concussions. Bijan’s head ached so badly that medicine didn’t even help, and he was unable to play…until thrown into the game in the fourth quarter for a meaningless carry? Wouldn’t team doctors have been concerned about the cause of the headache and evaluate for a possible concussion? Last thing you would want to do is send him out there for a meaningless carry and risk taking a shot to the head.
Headaches and concussions aren't always related. I find it hard to believe that the team doctors hadn't checked him out, so I think that's an unlikely reason why he had headaches.

This kinda sounds like a Percy Harvin situation. Where he had some migraines keep him out throughout his Vikings career. Bijan probably would benefit from some weed, as Harvin claimed that was the best thing for him.

A guy I played with in college had a bunch of unexplained migraines, and he eventually found out he was diabetic.

The headache explanation doesn’t pass the smell test. If he was too sick to be out there, he’d be declared out prior to the game in favor of a healthier player.

I know Arthur Smith has made his contempt for fantasy footballers known but this is another level of absurd on his end. His wife must have left him for an NFFC winner and he’s held a grudge ever since, who knows???
Arthur Smith is the guy who buys an expensive home theater setup, and then watches movies on his phone. Its such a weird thing. Like I know that fantasy football doesn't matter to NFL HCs (nor should it) but Smith seems to actually enjoy handicapping his own offense to prove this point. They are in 1st place right now, but they've lost at least 4-5 games the last 2 years, because of failure to utilize their best players.
Of course it’s possible Bijan’s supposed headaches weren’t concussion-related, but when a professional football player complains of “feeling weird” and headaches unaided by medicine, it seems reasonable to evaluate for a concussion. Perhaps the team doctors did just that.

If so, Bijan Robinson being evaluated by team doctors prior to the game seems newsworthy, no? If he was not evaluated for a concussion, I would think Arthur Smith and the team doctors have some explaining to do.
and then let him play...even a little bit? not likely.
Exactly. Therefore, the “headache” thing is BS. If he had severe headaches and felt weird, he would’ve been evaluated for a concussion, but he wasn’t. If he was, we would know.

The headache thing makes no sense, particularly with the leagues stance on concussions. Bijan’s head ached so badly that medicine didn’t even help, and he was unable to play…until thrown into the game in the fourth quarter for a meaningless carry? Wouldn’t team doctors have been concerned about the cause of the headache and evaluate for a possible concussion? Last thing you would want to do is send him out there for a meaningless carry and risk taking a shot to the head.
It may be lost on some, but he actually got 11 snaps, some where he staying in for pass protection. So they were still risking his health for blocking?

It may be lost on some, but he actually got 11 snaps, some where he staying in for pass protection. So they were still risking his health for blocking?
Makes no sense. Had to have been disciplinary or performance related. Maybe he dogged it in practice or something. Obviously I don’t know, but the headaches thing doesn’t add up.

Headaches and concussions aren't always related. I find it hard to believe that the team doctors hadn't checked him out, so I think that's an unlikely reason why he had headaches.

This kinda sounds like a Percy Harvin situation. Where he had some migraines keep him out throughout his Vikings career. Bijan probably would benefit from some weed, as Harvin claimed that was the best thing for him.

A guy I played with in college had a bunch of unexplained migraines, and he eventually found out he was diabetic.

The headache explanation doesn’t pass the smell test. If he was too sick to be out there, he’d be declared out prior to the game in favor of a healthier player.

I know Arthur Smith has made his contempt for fantasy footballers known but this is another level of absurd on his end. His wife must have left him for an NFFC winner and he’s held a grudge ever since, who knows???
Arthur Smith is the guy who buys an expensive home theater setup, and then watches movies on his phone. Its such a weird thing. Like I know that fantasy football doesn't matter to NFL HCs (nor should it) but Smith seems to actually enjoy handicapping his own offense to prove this point. They are in 1st place right now, but they've lost at least 4-5 games the last 2 years, because of failure to utilize their best players.
Of course it’s possible Bijan’s supposed headaches weren’t concussion-related, but when a professional football player complains of “feeling weird” and headaches unaided by medicine, it seems reasonable to evaluate for a concussion. Perhaps the team doctors did just that.

If so, Bijan Robinson being evaluated by team doctors prior to the game seems newsworthy, no? If he was not evaluated for a concussion, I would think Arthur Smith and the team doctors have some explaining to do.
Exactly. Therefore, the “headache” thing is BS. If he had severe headaches and felt weird, he would’ve been evaluated for a concussion, but he wasn’t. If he was, we would know.

Why would he be evaluated for a concussion? Unless he fell getting out of the shower Saturday night (which is when he says it started).

He may have COVID.

He may also be at the start of dealing with migraines (ala Terrell Davis).

Why would he be evaluated for a concussion? Unless he fell getting out of the shower Saturday night (which is when he says it started).

He may have COVID.

Delayed concussion symptoms from last game, practice? To be clear, I don’t think he had a concussion, but if he really complained of those symptoms (feeling weird/headache) he would’ve been evaluated for a concussion.

My point is that I don’t buy the headache excuse for those reasons.

He may have COVID.

If he had covid he wouldn’t be near the team.

Players get tagged with "illness" as their injury designation all the time. Falcons should be fined for not giving him a designation. It wouldn't have stopped any of us from starting him in fantasy, but we wouldn't collectively be wondering what the heck is going on if it had happened.

If I could get a decent offer for Pitts in dynasty I'd sell him today just to be rid of all Falcons fantasy-wise. I want off the Arthur Smith rollercoaster completely.

He may have COVID.

If he had covid he wouldn’t be near the team.

Linked article above says... Robinson said after the game that his head still was bothering him, adding that he was neither tested for a concussion nor administered a COVID test.

He may have COVID.

Delayed concussion symptoms from last game, practice? To be clear, I don’t think he had a concussion, but if he really complained of those symptoms (feeling weird/headache) he would’ve been evaluated for a concussion.

Well, obviously you have never had a headache. They can be caused by a number of things (including allergic reaction to food).

I would think any delayed concussion symptoms from last week's game would have showed up during the week. Any contact severe enough in practice to cause a concussion would have been flagged for a look (I'm guessing).

Headaches happen. You do remember Terrell Davis, right? Dude missed half a Super Bowl with a headache.

He may have COVID.

Well, obviously you have never had a headache. They can be caused by a number of things (including allergic reaction to food).

I would think any delayed concussion symptoms from last week's game would have showed up during the week. Any contact severe enough in practice to cause a concussion would have been flagged for a look (I'm guessing).

Headaches happen. You do remember Terrell Davis, right? Dude missed half a Super Bowl with a headache.
I’ve had plenty of headaches, and am well aware of the potential causes. I once had a headache on an airplane that was excruciating, not sure if that qualifies as a migraine.

Of course headaches happen. They happen all the time. People take aspirin and they usually go away relatively quickly, certainly by the following morning. If I “felt weird” and had a severe headache that couldn’t be alleviated by medicine, and lasted through the night through the following afternoon I would seek medical attention as that could be a sign of a serious condition. For example if my airplane headache lasted overnight into the following afternoon I would’ve gone to the hospital.

If you buy the headache thing, great. I don’t.

Falcons should be fined for not giving him a designation.
Asking sincerely out of ignorance: would it actually be an offense to give him no designation, even if they didn't use the player for a single snap and never had any intention of doing so? I would understand it being abuse of the system if they said nothing of it, and then made him inavtive at the last second, thus freeing up an active roster spot for someone else to play instead. Or vice versa, saying "oh this guy doesn't look good, he's doubtful to play", fully intending to start him and give him 38 touches.

But, if you guve no designation, and then actually use your active roster spot on the guy, is that considered any kind of offense or abuse? (Sure it's offensive to people who started him, but that's irrelevant.)

My bet is on really bad hangover.

If he had a really bad hangover, wouldn't he just do a shot and a couple lines and get on with it?

I honestly can't tell if you guys are being serious, or trying to be funny, or other?

You say he was drunk, another troller in here thinks it's a diabolical cover up... silliness.

Dude was ill. It happens. People get sick. Some can deal, some can't. Everyone's situation is different.

If he had a really bad hangover, wouldn't he just do a shot and a couple lines and get on with it?

I honestly can't tell if you guys are being serious, or trying to be funny, or other?

You say he was drunk, another troller in here thinks it's a diabolical cover up... silliness.

Dude was ill. It happens. People get sick. Some can deal, some can't. Everyone's situation is different.
Bro, you can pack up your reasonability and get moving on! Not welcome in the Doomsday Echo Chamber.

Bro, you can pack up your reasonability and get moving on! Not welcome in the Doomsday Echo Chamber.

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking. :laugh:

Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking. :laugh:
seriously - who does that? Take it to Reddit, pal.

If I could get a decent offer for Pitts in dynasty I'd sell him today just to be rid of all Falcons fantasy-wise. I want off the Arthur Smith rollercoaster completely.
I have Pitts + Bijan on one dynasty team and i'm a firm hold. Their youth & talent should easily outlast Smith's coaching tenure.
Same exact boat. Trying not to make an emotional decision (i.e. trading them just to get rid of them and banning any and all Arthur Smith coached players from my roster). Really hoping Smith doesn’t have Marvin Lewis/Jeff Fisher-like staying power in Atlanta. Unfortunately their division is terrible and a losing record might still be good enough to take it.

I have Pitts + Bijan on one dynasty team and i'm a firm hold. Their youth & talent should easily outlast Smith's coaching tenure.
Same exact boat. Trying not to make an emotional decision (i.e. trading them just to get rid of them and banning any and all Arthur Smith coached players from my roster). Really hoping Smith doesn’t have Marvin Lewis/Jeff Fisher-like staying power in Atlanta. Unfortunately their division is terrible and a losing record might still be good enough to take it.
Read an interesting trade speculation involving falcons & Justin Fields.

In which case I’d have 3 key parts of the ATL offense.

And IMO it would be glorious.

Last edited:

In which case I’d have 3 keg parts of the ATL offense.

If they got Fields I would go ahead and get rid of Pitts and Bijan because the Falcons would be continuing their commitment to poor QB play.

My guess is he was hungover.

I seriously doubt this. People have been playing through these for thousands of years.

That's actually why I think it was a hangover. Guys play through stomach bugs all the time. Not feeling well because of being hungover seems like the perfect combo of not being 100% and being punished that would lead to essentially riding the pine.
Right, this is what i meant

Players get tagged with "illness" as their injury designation all the time. Falcons should be fined for not giving him a designation. It wouldn't have stopped any of us from starting him in fantasy, but we wouldn't collectively be wondering what the heck is going on if it had happened.

If Smith had disclosed pregame that Bijan was dealing with this issue, it might have stopped me in at least one of the two leagues I have Bijan, especially if it was appropriately indicated that this issue might put a cap on Bijan's usage. I'm sure I'm not alone in having the luxury of quality alternatives to Bijan on my bench. Not to mention all the DFS players and sports bettors who would have wagered differently. Lots of people lost money because of Smith's failure to disclose the true availability of his player.

That what Atlanta did was against the rules is not questionable to me. The confusing part to me is why did they do it. I can't see any competitive value in withholding this information from Tampa for an hour. What advantage could the Falcons have possibly gained from this failure to disclose?

He may have COVID.

I’ve had plenty of headaches, and am well aware of the potential causes. I once had a headache on an airplane that was excruciating, not sure if that qualifies as a migraine.

Of course headaches happen. They happen all the time. People take aspirin and they usually go away relatively quickly, certainly by the following morning. If I “felt weird” and had a severe headache that couldn’t be alleviated by medicine, and lasted through the night through the following afternoon I would seek medical attention as that could be a sign of a serious condition. For example if my airplane headache lasted overnight into the following afternoon I would’ve gone to the hospital.

If you buy the headache thing, great. I don’t.
A migraine is unlike a normal headache. Migraines are not "take an aspirin and it goes away" type of headaches. It usually takes time and laying down in a dark room for it to go away.

That is why I have a tough time buying the headache thing from the Falcons, because if he truly had a migraine, he wouldn't have been standing there on the sideline; he would have off somewhere in a dark room praying for the ache to stop.

If Smith had disclosed pregame that Bijan was dealing with this issue, it might have stopped me in at least one of the two leagues I have Bijan, especially if it was appropriately indicated that this issue might put a cap on Bijan's usage. I'm sure I'm not alone in having the luxury of quality alternatives to Bijan on my bench. Not to mention all the DFS players and sports bettors who would have wagered differently. Lots of people lost money because of Smith's failure to disclose the true availability of his player.

That what Atlanta did was against the rules is not questionable to me. The confusing part to me is why did they do it. I can't see any competitive value in withholding this information from Tampa for an hour. What advantage could the Falcons have possibly gained from this failure to disclose?
I think it's silly how many people think coaches owe it to fantasy owners or sports bettors to be transparent about injuries. Whatever rules are in place about disclosing information should pertain to the opposing team only.

Migraines are not "take an aspirin and it goes away" type of headaches. It usually takes time and laying down in a dark room for it to go away.
Very true. I have only had two or three I think, but when it happens, I feel like puking, and as soon as I get home it's straight to bed even if I'm not tired whatsoever.

I would say, though. If I'm a (super-?)star NFL player, those 3 hours a week, 17-21 times a year, are so extremely important to me, I might try to fight through just about anything to be there and do my best to make an impact.

Still doesn't answer why 1 carry.

I think it's silly how many people think coaches owe it to fantasy owners or sports bettors to be transparent about injuries. Whatever rules are in place about disclosing information should pertain to the opposing team only.
You're welcome to your opinion on what the rules should be, but the rules that currently exist demand full disclosure of information related to player availability including limited availability. Atlanta broke the rules and warrant discipline for it.

I think it's silly to choose not to have NFL teams be transparent about injuries for the sake of wagering markets. First because why not? What does it cost the NFL to provide this transparency and why should the public not want it? If we're going to allow wagering markets to exist, why would we not want as much transparency as practical? Second because not providing this transparency promotes corruption. This would be bad enough if the NFL and wagering companies were totally independent but they're directly partnered now.

Coaches don't necessarily owe it to fantasy owners, but the NFL owes it's fans and sponsors a certain level of transparency. NFL gambling is part of the modern NFL and although some may disagree, fantasy football is part of that modern NFL. It's entertainment. Entertainment that generates billions of dollars. You can't sell tickets to a Broadway show starring Tom Cruise then not tell anyone when it's Tom Green. Imo

Last edited:
Besides Robinson being so obviously talented, how many people overrated him for fantasy this year precisely because he got drafted 8th overall and there's no way a team drafts a RB that high and doesn't use him a lot? I sure did. I fully expected him to outperform his ADP because of it. Same with Gibbs.

Robinson now has 2 more touches than Allgeier for the season, despite yrds/touch of 5.5 vs 3.7.

Like I mentioned a few weeks ago, reminds me a lot of Adrian Peterson's rookie year alongside Chester Taylor.

In which case I’d have 3 keg parts of the ATL offense.

If they got Fields I would go ahead and get rid of Pitts and Bijan because the Falcons would be continuing their commitment to poor QB play.
Fields biggest issue is the OL.

ATL would be a significant upgrade.

So damn happy I don't have one single ATL player on rosters.

A. Smith is a fantasy nightmare.

The only player that could be immune is Koo.
Wait until Smith starts going for it on 4th down like he thinks he's Sirianni or Campbell. Or sending out the punter just to prove "it's the team" or something. And it'll be a fake to KhaDarel Hodge for the touchdown. That way nobody gets the fantasy points, not even the people crazy enough to start Ridder!

You're welcome to your opinion on what the rules should be, but the rules that currently exist demand full disclosure of information related to player availability including limited availability. Atlanta broke the rules and warrant discipline for it.

I think it's silly to choose not to have NFL teams be transparent about injuries for the sake of wagering markets. First because why not? What does it cost the NFL to provide this transparency and why should the public not want it? If we're going to allow wagering markets to exist, why would we not want as much transparency as practical? Second because not providing this transparency promotes corruption. This would be bad enough if the NFL and wagering companies were totally independent but they're directly partnered now.
If I were a coach and I wanted to be deceptive toward my opponent, but were disallowed by a rule for the purpose of transparency to the other team, so be it. But if I were disallowed by a rule just for transparency to some tangential meta-football concept, which as a side effect forced transparency to the opposing team, that would be really annoying. Granted, it would be the same result, but if NFL strategy had to yield to magic football players' or magic money football players' needs, it would just seem really backwards.

Coaches don't necessarily owe it to fantasy owners, but the NFL owes it's fans and sponsors a certain level of transparency. NFL gambling is part of the modern NFL and although some may disagree, fantasy football is part of that modern NFL. It's entertainment. Entertainment that generates billions of dollars. You can't sell tickets to a Broadway show starring Tom Cruise then not tell anyone when it's Tom Green. Imo
Fair points. There's a difference between "how I think it should be" and "how it is".

If I were a coach and I wanted to be deceptive toward my opponent, but were disallowed by a rule for the purpose of transparency to the other team, so be it. But if I were disallowed by a rule just for transparency to some tangential meta-football concept, which as a side effect forced transparency to the opposing team, that would be really annoying. Granted, it would be the same result, but if NFL strategy had to yield to magic football players' or magic money football players' needs, it would just seem really backwards.
I could see how a coach might be annoyed by transparency rules that exist for the sake of 3rd parties but I think such a coach should be reminded that his team and its league are parts of a larger wagering market through which gigantic sums of money are being moved each season, particularly since the extent to which this market draws viewers is part of the reason why said coach makes the ridiculously large salary he does.

Because a coach finds it annoying isn't a good reason IMO to not want this process to be transparent. It really does cost nothing and does what it can to protect the integrity of wagering markets. I hate corrupt business practices and don't understand the mindset of the several people I've encountered online today who either flat out condone Atlanta's conduct or seem to want to find some legalistic interpretation of the disclosure rules to excuse them.

Falcons sure seem quick to say he will be fine for Week 8 when he has such a mysterious illness (i.e., what is causing the headaches and will they return or even a symptom of a larger problem?).

Wonder if we have a "squeaky wheel" type game incoming where he dominates the touches if he is truly okay.

I'm more concerned about the return of Cordarrelle Patterson than about his mystery "illness".
Which should be absurd considering Bijan’s projected usage in the NFL. Yet, it’s a legit concern because Arthur Smith believes elite talent should be drafted as such but used sparingly.

Excerpt from Bijan Robinson’s scouting report:

Sources Tell Us

“He has to eat. The more carries he gets, the more damage he does. I know it’s not popular, but I would draft him in the first round and just get him the rock as much as I possibly could. He’s a much tougher runner than Saquon (Barkley) was coming out.” -- Personnel executive for NFC team

The NFL makes billions off fantasy football, DFS and sports betting. Teams have to be transparent to the people spending money on this, which leads to the NFL getting money. The more the NFL pisses off the people spending money, the less money the NFL gets. It's quite simple. And being completely transparent to the people spending money is obviously the correct thing to do.

So what do we do with this guy this week?
I have good options.
I've been starting Bijan every week, along with Kenneth Walker and Etienne.
So for my RB3 I have a tough decision between
- Bijan @ Tennessee
- D Foreman @ Los Angeles Chargers
- D Swift @ Washington
- D Montgomery vs Las Vegas (if he plays, Monday night game; I'll watch the practice reports later this week).

So what do we do with this guy this week?
I have good options.
I've been starting Bijan every week, along with Kenneth Walker and Etienne.
So for my RB3 I have a tough decision between
- Bijan @ Tennessee
- D Foreman @ Los Angeles Chargers
- D Swift @ Washington
- D Montgomery vs Las Vegas (if he plays, Monday night game; I'll watch the practice reports later this week).
Monty is likely OUT, he was set to miss a few weeks from when he was rules OUT
Foreman looks great but the other 2 RBs should be back in the mix soon there in Chicago
Swift is a good option
Bijan is going to be hard to trust for a little while IMHO

Users who are viewing this thread