What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pot smokers (2 Viewers)

I am in the middle of brainstorming on names/branding ideas, and was back in MA grabbing some carts.

I happen to think the 'play on words' thing is lame, and I offer as evidence:

Neighborgoods

The word just looks stupid, first of all. And it is not even an original dumb name!! If you google, you get links to other people who already had this cringe idea.

I have some gummies in a completely unopened bag that they came in, which are going on 3 years old. Think they'll still be effective after all this time? I've heard they definitely lose effectiveness over time, but I'm wondering if that's if the bag they came in has been opened thus being exposed to air and what-not. Been sealed up the whole time. Should I just toss 'em?

They should be fine. They may have lost some potency but that's about it.

Recently decided to try one of THESE since they're on sale, I've had it about a week now and I LOVE it. It's about the size of a Bic lighter, so discreet, rechargeable and disposable. $65 for 2 grams is too good to pass up.

I officially made the leap to a dry herb vaporizer. Holy crap, is this a game changer. THIS is what I landed on after reading reviews and I love it so far. I didn't want to break the bank with one of those $300+ gizmos right from jump and this one kept popping up a lot reading articles and reviews. It has an "on-demand" mode that makes it so you don't have to do the whole bowl at once. Not sure how common it was, but along with the wide range of temps, it has a lot of flexibility. Hardly any smell and very little cloud, which was the harder thing to adjust to honestly.

Slick device, now time to read up and learn more about strains and terpenes. :lol:

I officially made the leap to a dry herb vaporizer. Holy crap, is this a game changer. THIS is what I landed on after reading reviews and I love it so far. I didn't want to break the bank with one of those $300+ gizmos right from jump and this one kept popping up a lot reading articles and reviews. It has an "on-demand" mode that makes it so you don't have to do the whole bowl at once. Not sure how common it was, but along with the wide range of temps, it has a lot of flexibility. Hardly any smell and very little cloud, which was the harder thing to adjust to honestly.

Slick device, now time to read up and learn more about strains and terpenes. :lol:
Dry herb vaporizer are game changers - simple, quick, good buzz and much cleaner on the lungs. I know they are pricey but have the Mighty and its worth every penny. If you can afford to splurge its worth it.

Dry herb vaporizer are game changers - simple, quick, good buzz and much cleaner on the lungs. I know they are pricey but have the Mighty and its worth every penny. If you can afford to splurge its worth it.
I will keep some of the higher priced models in mind for when I need to upgrade. It's just me, and I'm not social so I don't need much else right now. ;)

The battery for carts I was using was $60, I think so it wasn't that much more for this, and the flower is cheaper than carts so it offsets the cost. I was more worried about the stench, but I got a couple container for the grind and the vape is honestly probably less pungent than some of the carts I was using. So far the only downside is the slightly bulkier equipment.

53 years old and still haven't had a toke. Or any other drugs. Quit drinking a few years ago too. Don't have a problem with anyone doing it since I'm mostly a libertarian. I just don't see the point in it. At least for me, life has been plenty fun without it.

53 years old and still haven't had a toke. Or any other drugs. Quit drinking a few years ago too. Don't have a problem with anyone doing it since I'm mostly a libertarian. I just don't see the point in it. At least for me, life has been plenty fun without it.
You don't know unless you try it!!

Reactions: jwb

You do you of course. I've been smoking for 40 years and I gotta say, weed is pretty nice and has made my life better. Is my life good and fun without it? Of course it is. But weed adds a little extra. Sometimes a little extra introspection, sometimes a little extra relaxation. I'm not a huge smoker these days but 2-3x a week / put on some music or play a videogame is excellent.

Weed is pretty harmless too - it's definitely not a "drug" in the classic, scary sense, despite what many of us were told growing up. You pick it and smoke it - no processing necessary. It's definitely milder and less harmful than booze.

Honestly, I would encourage anyone who's never tried it to give it a shot (assuming they live in a legal state). You might be surprised.

I have no problem with this at all. Again, anything "mind altering" has its pluses and minuses. I barely touched weed until it became legal (and a home poker game I was in would light up when we played) but now its a nice "mellower" for me at home and if I time it right makes me a bit less acerbic in my wit when I'm around people. I don't "need" it anymore than I "Need" a drink or coffee etc. but again whatever floats your boat.

I just can't get into edibles. I've tried them several times with different doses, but I can't seem to get them dialed in to the point where I know how much to take for the desired effect. It seems like I eat some and then an hour later I'm hitting my vape to get where I want to be.

It sucks cuz edibles are so cheap, but they just don't do it for me.

I'm not a huge smoker these days but 2-3x a week / put on some music or play a videogame is excellent.
This is the way.

Smoking less and enjoying it more. My partners have a much higher tolerance, and tease me about it, but it's much much better having a low tolerance. When I smoke a small amount, I really like the way my brain functions. I am much more likely to be creative a little stoned, than completely baked.

One thing about legal weed is, like legal booze or sugar or whatever, people can overdo it. The technology moves at a blinding speed. So stuff is getting stronger, more convenient, easier, everything.

The bolded is why. ;)

Seriously though, we all have our things and you sound like you do none of it which is also a fine choice. People who do none of it I get. People who drink like fish and look down on pot smokers is where I have the main issues. As @jwb said above, in my experience booze is an inhibitor and can bring the worst out in people. I am sure we all know those people that can't have hard liquor or they will fight anything that moves and be a richard, for example. Worst thing I've encountered with pot heads is they tend to listen to reggae too much. ;) Like jwb also said, I generally feel more creative while high.

I just can't get into edibles. I've tried them several times with different doses, but I can't seem to get them dialed in to the point where I know how much to take for the desired effect. It seems like I eat some and then an hour later I'm hitting my vape to get where I want to be.

should try the sublingual stuff. Probably much easier to calibrate to personal tastes.

I usually carry some CBD edibles when I travel. Normally I buy a 20:1 gummy which usually just makes me feel relaxed with only 1 gram of THC. I bought a new brand which was labeled as a 3:1 and took it with me to Cincinnati for a trade show a few weeks ago. The second day my feet and back were hurting in the morning so I decided to pop one of the new ones. I hadn't take any for over a month so I assumed this tolerance break might give me just a little buzz. Well about an hour after I took it, I could tell I was getting high. I started to feel giggly and light headed. Luckily I was working the booth with a good friend that I'd been working with for more than 15 years together. I looked at him and started laughing and he could tell my eyes were red and bloodshot. LOL

I had to slam a bunch of water and take some walks for it to finally mellow out. I got back to the hotel and looked at the package and the dose had only 3.5 mg of THC. It's crazy that my tolerance is so low for edibles. I love taking them during day drinking or other fun stuff or maybe while also smoking. But taking just straight edibles doesn't work for me.

So my 13 yo son found the my pen on the couch this morning. Total slip up on my part. He was playing with it and asked whats this steam coming from this?

I'm fairly certain he doesn't know what it was, but we just took it and didn't really explain anything.

Anyone been thru this? I'm thinking we just tell him its CBD and its no big deal. Helps us sleep and relieves anxiety. Which is mostly true. I just hate lying to them, but its mostly true right?

Advice is welcome.

So my 13 yo son found the my pen on the couch this morning. Total slip up on my part. He was playing with it and asked whats this steam coming from this?

I'm fairly certain he doesn't know what it was, but we just took it and didn't really explain anything.

Anyone been thru this? I'm thinking we just tell him its CBD and its no big deal. Helps us sleep and relieves anxiety. Which is mostly true. I just hate lying to them, but its mostly true right?

Advice is welcome.
Complete and total honesty. Maybe break down CBD vs THC, and have a word about moderation.

Not impossible that your 13 year old knew exactly what it was, and is testing you.

Advice is welcome.
Complete and total honesty. Maybe break down CBD vs THC, and have a word about moderation.

Not impossible that your 13 year old knew exactly what it was, and is testing you.
I agree. My sample size here is extremely limited (n = 2), but according to both of my kids, weed is pretty well ubiquitous among young people. Any lessons you want to impart about drug use really need to be passed along by the time they hit middle school. I would give that same advice even if your kid hadn't found your pen and even if you were a drug warrior. The message is up to you, but they will have experimented and/or made up their own minds by high school if you choose to put it off.

Advice is welcome.

This.

Advice is welcome.

I agree. My sample size here is extremely limited (n = 2), but according to both of my kids, weed is pretty well ubiquitous among young people. Any lessons you want to impart about drug use really need to be passed along by the time they hit middle school. I would give that same advice even if your kid hadn't found your pen and even if you were a drug warrior. The message is up to you, but they will have experimented and/or made up their own minds by high school if you choose to put it off.
I'm a son of a hippie. He knew and has known. I agree honesty is the best policy.

Advice is welcome.

I'm a son of a hippie. He knew and has known. I agree honesty is the best policy.

Yea, they know.

No kids here, but a decade-plus ago, my neighbor's kid asked (he was 13) "do you smoke pot?" Ummm... I don't know what I'm supposed to say there, so i pretended I didn't hear him and all of a sudden had something important to do and excused myself (which prettymuch gave him his answer I'm sure)

Then 2 years ago my nephew (18) asked me the same question (is it that obvious?) I was a little more honest this time... "well, yea I do. What do you want to know?"

Thanks for the input fellows. Haven't had the chat with him yet. Wanted the waters to calm a bit. Nothing ever happened and I'm still convinced he had no idea what it was.

We ended up having a fun weekend though. Low key family night on Friday, went to the MSU - Bama drubbing Saturday, then played a round of golf yesterday.

We have a quick beach vacation this week we'll probably have the chat at. Who knows...timing seems like a big deal.

updating this - loved my Mighty vape but had some baseball league winnings to spend so I splurged on the new Storz & Bikel vape - the Venty

definitely pricey and certainly not the most aesthetically pleasing vape and while technically portable its clunky - but man is it efficient. Take less than 30 seconds to heat up and air flow dial gives best hits Ive had ever. Anyone looking to treat themselves give it a look!

Advice is welcome.
3 kids - all kind of knew I smoked - back in the day I would hide it and only do when they were asleep or walking the door. I was called out on it and didnt deny it as I didnt want to lie but as it was technically illegal at the time I had to explain things like you did as it helped with sleep/anxiety....now that they are older and its legal I dont hide it - though I dont do it in front of them - I tell them to equate it to mom drinking her 2 glasses of wine a night lol.

Has anyone seen any hash lately? A friend had some a while back and it was pretty nice, although completely tanked an entire day for me. I've never seen any in any of the dispensaries and wonder why not if anyone knows.

What are the next steps for a state like Ohio in regards to the legalization? I know the law comes into effect in roughly 30 days, but I guess from there the state has to setup who gets to sell, etc? Basically what I am wondering is from the law being passed, how soon can someone purchase? What are some experiences from other states timelines of legalization?

What are the next steps for a state like Ohio in regards to the legalization? I know the law comes into effect in roughly 30 days, but I guess from there the state has to setup who gets to sell, etc? Basically what I am wondering is from the law being passed, how soon can someone purchase? What are some experiences from other states timelines of legalization?
If you had medical already probably a couple months. If starting from ground zero I'd say closer to a year

Ohio legalizes. Light 'em up!
Figure 4-5 years for the first shop to open.
We already have medical dispensaries here now. I think it will pop up much faster.
While you will be allowed to grow plants on December 7th, the remainder remains to be seen. The legislature still has to approve this and they are already talking about changes. It will be interesting to see how the politicians respond since the voters showed how they feel. Ohio is only Republican because of all the gerrymandering. The Supreme Court has already ruled the maps are illegal, they just can't agree on how to redraw them.

Users who are viewing this thread