What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Philadelphia Eagles - Is Josh Sweat switching to Linebacker? (14 Viewers)

I'm annoyed that I have to root for the Chiefs
I usually would for Reid but I just can’t take anymore Kelce/Swift. I can’t.
What is it exactly about them you dislike so much?
The corporate manufacturing of the "Power Couple". It's obviously a boon for ratings bringing in millions of non NFL fans and it's a great pop culture distraction from all the ridiculousness happening in our country and the world.
Yep, on top of his already annoying personality. Can they break up already so she can use it to sell her next album and we can hear less of him. Go niners.
Meh, there's no negatives for it, and she has been very generous, gracious, and modest through the whole thing. Maybe it'll get your wife/gf/daughter/etc into football and that's never a bad thing.

Either way, she won't be at the Super Bowl as she will be overseas, so you don't have to worry about her getting tons of camera time during the SB. Go Chiefs.
Oh she’ll be there, and we will have to hear all about her travel to get there.
Maybe she'll find a way to get there but would be tough. I really don't understand this hate for such a philanthropic person haha
I don’t think it’s hate as much as seeing through the publicity stunt that it is. Also don’t worry, ESPN social media has already outlined the timeline on how she can get there the night before. 🙄

How do you know it's a "publicity stunt"? Two famous people can't date?

The corporate manufacturing of the "Power Couple". It's obviously a boon for ratings bringing in millions of non NFL fans and it's a great pop culture distraction from all the ridiculousness happening in our country and the world.
Yep, on top of his already annoying personality. Can they break up already so she can use it to sell her next album and we can hear less of him. Go niners.
Meh, there's no negatives for it, and she has been very generous, gracious, and modest through the whole thing. Maybe it'll get your wife/gf/daughter/etc into football and that's never a bad thing.

Either way, she won't be at the Super Bowl as she will be overseas, so you don't have to worry about her getting tons of camera time during the SB. Go Chiefs.
Maybe she'll find a way to get there but would be tough. I really don't understand this hate for such a philanthropic person haha
I don’t think it’s hate as much as seeing through the publicity stunt that it is. Also don’t worry, ESPN social media has already outlined the timeline on how she can get there the night before. 🙄

They certainly can but there's nothing organic about any of this.

So I come in here looking for recent Eagles news and all I see is Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce conversation. Kind of ironic since she used to be an Eagles fan.

Sorry to derail, but the dislike for this is super interesting. How do you and @GoBirds know for sure it's not organic? How do you think celebrities start dating?

Sorry to derail, but the dislike for this is super interesting. How do you and @GoBirds know for sure it's not organic? How do you think celebrities start dating?
I think them meeting and wanting to date is fine and probably happened normal. The pushing of them in the spotlight and showing her at games, the hundreds of stories about their daily lives, that's the same old gossip column cycle just repositioned to sports. It's newer phenomenon because while athletes have dated celebrities before, we've never had one of the most popular NFL stars date the most popular singer in the world before. The media desperate for any ratings they can get have gobbles that up and pushed it as hard as they can.

I think them meeting and wanting to date is fine and probably happened normal. The pushing of them in the spotlight and showing her at games, the hundreds of stories about their daily lives, that's the same old gossip column cycle just repositioned to sports. It's newer phenomenon because while athletes have dated celebrities before, we've never had one of the most popular NFL stars date the most popular singer in the world before. The media desperate for any ratings they can get have gobbles that up and pushed it as hard as they can.

A 3 hour broadcast has how much Swift-Kelce content? 60 seconds maybe?

How many "news" stories, media segments, talk show hours, etc have been dedicated to this?

The Whole NFL is a publicity stunt lol. Fighter jets at kickoffs of games lol. Hello?

How many "news" stories, media segments, talk show hours, etc have been dedicated to this?
People care way too much about this. How many hours of GD prescription ads do we sit thru. I'd take a shot of Taylor Swift happy at a football game a millions times over the other garbage we see on tv all the time.

People care way too much about this. How many hours of GD prescription ads do we sit thru. I'd take a shot of Taylor Swift happy at a football game a millions times over the other garbage we see on tv all the time.
That's why it's done. I'm not saying it's necessarily bad but it's done to distract from the norm. Pharma, beer and car ads are so saturated we hardly even notice them anymore. Our brain tunes them out as background noise.

I don’t have a strong opinion either way about Swift and Kelce. They don’t bother me at all and at the same time I don’t think many would be shocked if they found out this was a fake relationship.

- Chiefs game was the most watch AFCCG ever

- Taylor Swift has generated $331.5 million for the #Chiefs and the #NFL since showing up to her first game in September.

- American Airlines created a flight right after the #Chiefs win from Kansas City to Las Vegas.

Flight number 1989 - one of Taylor Swift’s albums.

Return flight from Vegas to Kansas City is flight number 87 - Travis Kelce’s number.

Anyway, back to the Eagles. On a scale of 1-10 so far, I give them a 8 or 9 regarding the process they are undertaking, the coaching hires specifically. I said upthread, but having a bunch of experienced coaches and the real thing in Fangio compared to a bunch of guys with collectively almost zero experience is gonna be great for the team. And also, the fact that the NFC East and/or the Eagles will assuredly once again have one of the easiest schedules in the league, I see a nice bounce back season. Getting to 11 wins or more should not be too difficult next year. Coaches will be better, we should progress from the mean of the sheer volume of injuries as well as the flukey turnovers we incurred over the year. And back to the schedule, doesn't look very very tough, but not objectively easy with the non division opponents below:

Home:

Falcons
Panthers
Browns
Steelers
Packers
Jaguars

Away:

Saints
Bucs
Ravens
Rams
Bengals

- American Airlines created a flight right after the #Chiefs win from Kansas City to Las Vegas.

Return flight from Vegas to Kansas City is flight number 87 - Travis Kelce’s number.
Meh, they did the same for SF fans with flight numbers 85 (Kittles number), 262 (Purdy pick #), 1995 (last SF SB win), and 1849 (SF Gold rush)

I don't really understand your stance. Are they really personally doing anything to 'push this' like they would be if it was a publicity stunt? Yes, the media has ran with it and pushed it, but they're all about ratings/clicks so can you really blame them?

So I come in here looking for recent Eagles news and all I see is Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce conversation. Kind of ironic since she used to be an Eagles fan.
She still is very much an Eagles fan. She grew up near Philly, and grew up a huge Eagles fan.

No doubt it was ultimately on Dak, who we have seen make questionable throws. But Kellen was doing him no favors with predictable calls that other teams DB’s were even saying they knew what was coming. Once Moore was happily shipped out of here, it’s no secret what Dak was saying- without actually saying it- when he said “the interceptions problem will stop this year”. And it basically did (until the playoffs 🤦🏻‍♂️as is the norm in Dallas). Dak was an MVP nominee this year and I don’t believe it was that he suddenly “learned how to play better” as much as it was a much better game plan and calls from a coach that was respected by the team a lot more. Laugh at MM all you want about his playoff losses, but he 100% improved the offenses play this year across the board.
Correct. Those issues are ultimately on the player.

As far as the predictability, it happens both ways right? Offenses know what the defense is running as well, right? Defenses are bound to know what calls are coming from time to time. Using things like these as a “gotcha” moment by the media has become laughable at times.

So Moore was QB coach in 2018. OC from 2019-2022. During that time Dak has his highest yardage and TD totals as well and it’s McCarthy who were crediting with Dak’s success? The same issues that have plagued the player in the past showed themself in the playoff loss, who’s that on Moore or McCarthy? It’s the player 🤷‍♂️

Really don’t see where his track record matches the rush to sign him as if he was the hot candidate

The track record is clearly there. This is a 35 year old who’s been calling plays for 5 years and seems to be well respected around the league.

The Chargers up until a couple days ago have blocked him from interviewing as well and he just recently became available.
I’ll leave it at this:
Go read the threads when he was an OC in Dallas. Cowboy fans were cussing him and wanting him gone. Eagles fans were hoping he would stay. Dallas fans celebrated when he was sent packing, Eagles were wishing he had stayed.
He goes to the Chargers and the offense was ranked 18th and Herbert, who was thought a consensus top 4-6 QB, wasn’t so good anymore. Chargers now let him go explore other opportunities and Eagles hire him and now love him. Fan glasses are an amazing thing, I get it.
If you don’t agree with all those things, then I can shake hands and move on. 🤝
1. Coaches change. I think he has gotten more experience, and again, considering the options, this is great.
2. Chargers did not "let him go explore other opportunities". They blocked him from interviewing for any other OC positions this offseason. Harbaugh was hired and wants his own guys, so he was gone.
3. If you think Eagles fans (especially in here) are too HIGH on our own players/team, then I don't know what you're reading. Not sure of any fan base that's as HARD on our own players/coaches as we are.
4. It's absolutely wild how Cowboys fans like to gatekeep Eagles fandom and tell them how/when they should/shouldn't cheer or boo.
5. If you knew our weaknesses last year, this is as good of a hire as it gets. Sure he could suck, but it's promising that we actually went out and got a guy whose strengths are the exact things we need to fix.
No one is asking Moore to be a HOF OC. Im bear-ish on the hire, but its def a 1000x upgrade from where we were this year. Im fine with giving Moore 2 years to see what he can do with Hurts.

She was cheering for KC in the Philly KC Superbowl. Not much of a true fan imo.
She was? Where did you see this?

She hadn't even met Travis yet and was cheering for the Eagles.

Well she is definitely a KC fan now, my point still stands. Maybe she should have copied her future mother in law and done a half and half jersey.

What? lol. What in that article mentions anything about her cheering for KC in the Philly/KC superbowl?

You've lost me here, maybe you posted the wrong link?

Im way IN on Kellen Moore. People look at the decisions as if they are in a vacuum too much.

I even have family member Cowboys fans telling me "Good luck, this guy won't run the ball if that's what you are looking for"

And I easily look up statistics to counter these soft attempts at some sort of trolling or "Well you hated him then but love him now" kinda takes.

Moore is a young, good, sought after OC. If anyway is saying something "Well if he is so great why didn't Harbaugh want him" must have just started watching football this year, as if a new HC coming in and establishing his systems, with his guys never happen. The Chargers, the organization, the guys who actually pay Harbaugh blocked Moore from interviewing. Should tell you all you need to know about how the NFL feels about him, regardless if "Harbaugh think's he sucks/is great"

He's young, has new/creative ideas - ideas that are what our own offense was lacking - answers for the blitz, motion, crossing routes, has a track record of successful offenses and calling plays.

Other than the various trolling attempts, which I do understand, I can't take any logicical/on its face takes like "This isn't gonna work/this is bad" at full value.

Going from Desai and Briand Johnson who combined for.....1 season of coordinator experience to Fangio and Moore, who combine for....lets just say "a lot more" is a coup for the Eagles.

This team was 10-1, we all saw the flaws in the team, it eventually collapsed on itself.

Now we get to go into 2024, knowing the talent on the roster, with the confidence that this team will be in a position to be better from a scheme perspective next year.

I’m not trolling. I genuinely believe KM is so over-rated. Had to deal with him and his terrible calls, very predictable and easy to defend. He gets cute in the wrong times.

I just want to go on record and invite a re-review late in the year next year. Fair?
Oh certainly possible. But after what we endured this year, whether it was Sirianni or Johnson's fault - we just need someone with some experience. I'd be hopeful Moore would have learned from his travels as well.

Well she is definitely a KC fan now, my point still stands. Maybe she should have copied her future mother in law and done a half and half jersey.
She was cheering hard for Philly during that SB. She mentions the Eagles in one of her songs, rocks Eagles gear often, etc. No need to gatekeep her Eagles fandom just because her boyfriend plays on another team.

If you grew up a huge LA Sparks fan and your wife or daughter played for the Phoenix Mercury, would you not go to her games wearing a her Phoenix jersey to support her???

She was cheering hard for Philly during that SB. She mentions the Eagles in one of her songs, rocks Eagles gear often, etc. No need to gatekeep her Eagles fandom just because her boyfriend plays on another team.

If you grew up a huge LA Sparks fan and your wife or daughter played for the Phoenix Mercury, would you not go to her games wearing a her Phoenix jersey to support her???
People are ....weirdos

"I don't know how large the debate was, but I did see the debate. I have a lyric that says, ‘With my Eagles t-shirt hanging from the door'. I saw some people wondering if it was the band the Eagles or the team the Eagles, and I love the band the Eagles, but guys, come on. I'm from Philly. Of course it's the team."

She grew up in West Reading, Pennsylvania, claiming Philadelphia as her home city.

She performed the "Star-Spangled Banner" at a 76ers game at age 11 and did the same at a 2008 World Series game for the Phillies.

She also made
this custom jersey that she played in, BEFORE we signed Swift lol

- Chiefs game was the most watch AFCCG ever

- Taylor Swift has generated $331.5 million for the #Chiefs and the #NFL since showing up to her first game in September.

Exactly. I'm not saying it's not making money. I'm saying its designed to make money

You know what annoys me and we need less of? Dude’s continuing posting about Taylor Swift in the Eagles thread, even when there’s a dedicated Kelce/Swift thread linked in thread.
Oh it ain’t gonna die, it’s got legs up in here. 🤦🏻‍♂️ CD release party is next.😂
I want her on the next Christmas album with Kelce, Lane and Mailata.

I'm quite aware of her past history as a Philly fan. That was the entire reason of my post, lol.

I honestly had now idea but I’m loving the Taylor Swift facts. It’s a good break from the usual lol

You know what annoys me and we need less of? Dude’s continuing posting about Taylor Swift in the Eagles thread, even when there’s a dedicated Kelce/Swift thread linked in thread.
Oh it ain’t gonna die, it’s got legs up in here. 🤦🏻‍♂️ CD release party is next.😂
I want her on the next Christmas album with Kelce, Lane and Mailata.

Imagine the sales and how conflicted some Philly fans would be

For the record, I’d buy it lol

For our Sixers fans in here, how crazy is it to see Josh Harris spend a thousand billion dollars for the Commanders but not want to overpay for a coach? Lol

Ways the #Eagles can create cap space:

1.) Give Reddick an extension: Saves $11.8 M

2.) Give Mailata an extension: Saves $2.7M

3.) Give Sweat an extension: Saves $2.5M

4.) Cut Maddox post June 1st: Saves $7.1M

5.) Cut Byard: Saves $14M

Saw this in X but don’t know how accurate it is.

I see no way 4 and 5 do not happen. There are other guys to give extensions too as well. Devonta Smith and Landon Dickerson will probably be a wash as far as 2024 cap space goes though.

Rumors of sweat getting traded. Don't know why

The last time there was a sports/entertainment couple of this wattage was Joe DiMaggio/Marilyn Monroe.

The last time there was a sports/entertainment couple of this wattage was Joe DiMaggio/Marilyn Monroe.

Not even close. Just more crazy media now. Which is so much worse. Ugh

It's been around for less than 1 day and is 8 pages already. I ain't reading that. :laugh:

Smart move. It started off ok but predictably turned into the political forum for NFL with people being uncool to each other. Oh well.

It's been around for less than 1 day and is 8 pages already. I ain't reading that. :laugh:

Smart move. It started off ok but predictably turned into the political forum for NFL with people being uncool to each other. Oh well.
It appears to be one of those topics that brings out the worst in people. Hopefully the uncool people have been dealt with appropriately.

Bring it back!

Users who are viewing this thread