What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (2 Viewers)

Here is how my drive thru order at Burger King went today.
Them: Go ahead with your order
Me: I'll have a whopper combo, no cheese, medium with an unsweet iced tea please.
Them: Ok you said whopper combo with a sweet tea?
Me: Unsweet tea please
Them: Unsweet tea ok. Did you want cheese?"
Me: No cheese
Them: What size did you want?
Me: medium.

That would be interesting if it didn't happen ALL THE TIME
got me a plain chicken sandwich combo today. this is my order 95% of the time. i dress it at home myself.

half the time the sandwich comes out with tomato, lettuce, or tomato & lettuce. sometimes it also has pickles. sometimes not.

fries they normally get right. drink is always a crapshoot. i get lemonade or water. anybody's guess what they deliver.

place does delivery to your car. so you order, pull up and wait. my wait is typically very long for reasons i haven't figured out yet. cars ahead and behind me are pulling away.. and there i sit, waiting, watching the workers wander around the parking lot like zombies looking for numbers. periodically one of them walks up to my car, looks at the number tab stuck to my mirror and then asks me "are you (whatever number)?" and i point to the tag :ptts: and say "no, i'm (a different number)".

eventually they hand me a bag and i just drive away. if it's wrong i'll be there another 30 minutes.

thankfully this is like once every 2 weeks and, no, there are no other options nearby.

got me a plain chicken sandwich combo today. this is my order 95% of the time. i dress it at home myself.
Eat the sandwich in your car like a real American furley
that would mean bringing my own condiments. still waiting to have the mini-fridge installed before i can do that.
They dont have condiments at this place you go to?
Fancy boy furley has to have his fast food chicken sandwich condimented just right

If Windows is going to automatically reboot my computer down for updates, why can't it save the Word and Excel documents I have open before doing it? It puts it in document recovery which is annoying to dig through. Windows should be able to reopen everything I had open and make something like this seamless.

that would mean bringing my own condiments. still waiting to have the mini-fridge installed before i can do that.
defeating the purpose of the drive-thru here

If Windows is going to automatically reboot my computer down for updates, why can't it save the Word and Excel documents I have open before doing it? It puts it in document recovery which is annoying to dig through. Windows should be able to reopen everything I had open and make something like this seamless.

AutoSave is a big game changer imho.
Sometimes I dont want my docs to autosave though. I'm thinking more like if it's going to reboot, temp save everything and reopen it all when the computer reboots.

defeating the purpose of the drive-thru here
You lost me

Hacks and trick plays in really young kids sports. My daughters coach has them hand the ball off 90% of the time. Even one play where they basically pro formation snap.

They are first graders. Not great at passing and catching. He has them do this to limit turnovers.

Which it does. But it doesnt teach them.

My biggest pet peeve that irritates me quickly is dirty people that don't pick up after themselves. When I sit down at a table or an area the person or persons before me should have picked up after themselves. In break rooms at work when u leave an area you should pick up your trash. It's yours. I could never imagine watching my children leave an area and not pick up the mess they created. It would create a quick parenting moment.

My biggest pet peeve that irritates me quickly is dirty people that don't pick up after themselves. When I sit down at a table or an area the person or persons before me should have picked up after themselves. In break rooms at work when u leave an area you should pick up your trash. It's yours. I could never imagine watching my children leave an area and not pick up the mess they created. It would create a quick parenting moment.
Preach my brother.

A few weeks ago I cleaned up the entire home stands at our hockey rink because these slob parents left all their trash. It’s a disgrace.

How are you supposed to know that they made a mess when your face is buried in your phone?

Preach my brother.

A few weeks ago I cleaned up the entire home stands at our hockey rink because these slob parents left all their trash. It’s a disgrace.
My granddaughter's room (we raised her badly obviously). Thankfully she is on her own now. But for how long? A ticking time bomb as far as independence goes.

Marijuana. Yeah, i am over that crap. Jesus. Vegas just reeks now. Same with several other cities. Thought we were past smokers messing with everybody else. Nope,lets just go right down that road again.
I could be wrong of course, but I feel like you have more peeves than most :lol:
Everyone just needs to smoke a doob and chill.

Marijuana. Yeah, i am over that crap. Jesus. Vegas just reeks now. Same with several other cities. Thought we were past smokers messing with everybody else. Nope,lets just go right down that road again.
It's weird how, over the past couple decades, my political tolerance for marijuana, in terms of legalization, etc. has gone up as my personal tolerance for being around it has gone down.

Or maybe it's not weird at all. After all, my personal tolerance of weed has tracked pretty closely with my personal tolerance of cigarettes

I know, from books like "Mindless Eating" (great read, BTW), that adjectives in menus have a significant effect on how we perceive food ("Grandma's homemade meatloaf", "fire-roasted tomatoes", "artisanal bread", etc.)

So which marketing genius came up with the idea of "hand-dipped" milkshakes? Because unlike all those other adjectives, that phrase doesn't whet my appetite. What it does do is force me to picture the minimum-wage teenager behind the counter sticking their hand into my milkshake immediately before serving it to me

I know, from books like "Mindless Eating" (great read, BTW), that adjectives in menus have a significant effect on how we perceive food ("Grandma's homemade meatloaf", "fire-roasted tomatoes", "artisanal bread", etc.)

So which marketing genius came up with the idea of "hand-dipped" milkshakes? Because unlike all those other adjectives, that phrase doesn't whet my appetite. What it does do is force me to picture the minimum-wage teenager behind the counter sticking their hand into my milkshake immediately before serving it to me
it's not marketing, its the type of milkshake they serve. Handdipped is the definition of the ice cream used for the milkshake vs a soft serve

it's not marketing, its the type of milkshake they serve. Handdipped is the definition of the ice cream used for the milkshake vs a soft serve
Just let him be. He's not hurting anyone.

The ****?

Just let him be. He's not hurting anyone.

The ****?
Yea I never heard of that term, but apparently it's a thing

The ****?
is this schtcik?

hand dipped ice cream is the ice cream that they scoop out of the flavored bucket for you vs a soft serve/ milkshake machine :shrug:

The ****?
is this schtcik?

hand dipped ice cream is the ice cream that they scoop out of the flavored bucket for you vs a soft serve/ milkshake machine :shrug:
I have eaten lots of ice cream in my life.

There are two kinds

Ice Cream

and

Soft Serve Ice Cream

The ****?
is this schtcik?

Soft serve is soft serve... I still have no idea what that has to do with a milkshake... Which is a milkshake. Are you saying these milkshakes also come out of a soft serve machine instead of being blended? I've never seen this, and tbh want no part of it.

The ****?
is this schtcik?

Soft serve is soft serve... I still have no idea what that has to do with a milkshake... Which is a milkshake. Are you saying these milkshakes also come out of a soft serve machine instead of being blended? I've never seen this, and tbh want no part of it.
No I'm saying. They put the soft serve in a cup with milk and "blend" into a milk shake OR

They take scoops of ice cream, milk and "blend it".... what they use to blend is different. The soft-serve usually blend right in the cup. The Handdipped are usually blended in those cooler metal cups

There is a different taste and texture between the 2 imo

I stand corrected that “hand-dipped” refers to the ice cream rather than the milkshake. But I stand by my positions that a) it’s marketing, and b) it’s an off-putting term because I don’t want to think of other people’s appendages when I’m eating

I stand corrected that “hand-dipped” refers to the ice cream rather than the milkshake. But I stand by my positions that a) it’s marketing, and b) it’s an off-putting term because I don’t want to think of other people’s appendages when I’m eating
Every time you guys say hand-dipped ice cream I think of Cousin Eddie's daughter stirring the kool-aid with her hand.

What if it is hand dipped and hand spun?

This always makes me think of my neighbor who was a career Army/National Guard officer. He said he cringes when he sees "Military-grade" as an adjective on a product, because the implication is that this is tough/durable/strength tested/whatever (if it can hold up to military use then it must be quality). But he says all he can think of when he hears military grade is "lowest cost junk item that should but probably won't get the job done".

The ****?
is this schtcik?

There are two kinds

Ice Cream

and

Soft Serve Ice Cream

But soft serve is a subset of ice cream. So if you just say "ice cream", it could be either. Noting that it's hand-dipped indicates to the potential consumer that it is not soft serve.

This always makes me think of my neighbor who was a career Army/National Guard officer. He said he cringes when he sees "Military-grade" as an adjective on a product, because the implication is that this is tough/durable/strength tested/whatever (if it can hold up to military use then it must be quality). But he says all he can think of when he hears military grade is "lowest cost junk item that should but probably won't get the job done".

Kind of like using the term "space age technology". Oh, you mean technology from the 1950's?

The ****?
is this schtcik?

There are two kinds

Ice Cream

and

Soft Serve Ice Cream

But soft serve is a subset of ice cream. So if you just say "ice cream", it could be either. Noting that it's hand-dipped indicates to the potential consumer that it is not soft serve.
Nope.
Reminds of the John Stewart deep dish pizza bit.
There is deep dish pizza, or Chicago style pizza, or whatever - then there is pizza
Same thing here. There is soft serve ice cream, then there is ice cream

It's weird how, over the past couple decades, my political tolerance for marijuana, in terms of legalization, etc. has gone up as my personal tolerance for being around it has gone down.

Or maybe it's not weird at all. After all, my personal tolerance of weed has tracked pretty closely with my personal tolerance of cigarettes
For me, cigarettes are WAAAAAAAY worse. I don’t mind the smell of weed. And the smoke doesn’t bother/affect my ability to breath.

Soft serve is definitely a subset of ice cream and if you get served soft serve when ordering ice cream, you should do a little dance because it is superior to regular ice cream in every way.

Every time you guys say hand-dipped ice cream I think of Cousin Eddie's daughter stirring the kool-aid with her hand.
YES! This is exactly the image it conjures up for me

Users who are viewing this thread