What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (4 Viewers)

This is such a stupid post.

You do realize you can move to a house ON the lake at many, many locations throughout Michigan including the Great Lakes.
I know you know that. So who cares if you can be to the ocean in 90 minutes. Your logic is so flawed it's ridiculous.
Its like you forgot winter is a thing.
Some people enjoy skiing, snowmobiling, etc.

My wife, I do love her, but lately she has become the toothpaste Nazi. I squeeze from the bottom (I am not some kind of caveman) and when you get to the end of the tube and you have to either a) apply pressure and hope for something or b) start rolling the tube up with the same expected outcome, I throw it away and get a new one. I mean, we have a Sam's and a Costco membership so we always have six tubes waiting in the wings, but no, my wife will lecture me on the fact there is still plenty left.She thinks she is being sneaky, but I can tell when she has gone in the bathroom with the expressed plan to "show me" and push that last day of toothpaste up to the top. I don't get it. I mean, I want my morning ritual to be smooth and effortless. This is not one of those tasks I even want to spend time with.

The weird thing is this is a new behavior. I have been with this woman for 35 years and it has never been an issue until now. :shrug:
My son and I consider it a challenge to see who finally breaks and gets a new tube out. He gave up last time after I cut the bottom of the tube off and rolled it the other way.
My recently-turned-13-year-old daughter has brought it upon herself to "graduate" from the "kids toothpaste" (which my 11-year-old son still uses, of course) to the toothpaste I use. I bought a new tube at Target the other day because I noticed the tube we're sharing is down to the last 4-5 uses. She breaks out the new tube and starts using it. WTH?

I’ll put up our pizza, coney dogs, pasties, fudge and apple cider (to name but a few) against Texas any day.
I love Michigan but this is the saddest brag I have seen in some time.

Wait a minute. I thought this was sarcasm. Was Kee seriously trying to argue that Michigan “cuisine” beats the food in Texas??? You can slam Texas for all sorts of things. But food is not one of them when the slam is coming from a Michigander!
No, it was comparison. He compared Michigan BBQ to Texas' (obviously a troll), so I put up our Pizza and other Michigan centric foods against Texas'.

Also... kudos for knowing to call me a Michigander!

Have relatives there and spent time visiting Grand Rapids growing up. I do like the place (but never spent a winter there).

As for pizza, it's famous because it's square, right? And as the birthplace of Little Caesars and Domino's?
And Detroit Pizza by others. (LC does offer a cheap version of it, but not their specialty)

I am going to have to give this place a try: Gold Tooth Tony’s
This place is near us. Buffalo style pizza. Alas, it's a ways from you.

Driving back from ABQ, I figured the last 6 hours would be a breeze. Straight shot up 5 to the Bay Area, I figured. Only 3 hours of darkness. 2 lane highway. No biggie.

I’d forgotten what complete a-holes people were on 5.

The right lane is basically all semis. The left is mostly cars, except when a semi passes another semi.

So explain why I was cut off about 60 times by idiots jumping from behind me into the right lane, then zooming up to the tailgate of a semi at 90, only to run out of room and have to jam in ahead of me, so they were going…exactly the same speed as me, again.

Or idiots flashing their high beams at me, as though I’m the only vehicle that’s holding them back from a free and clear roadway ahead (reality: I’m ~2 car-lengths behind the vehicle in front of me) or swerving left & right so their headlights are in my side-views.

What secret 3rd lane do these people believe somehow exists? How am I the lone person preventing their success in life?

It’s preposterous.

Also, not for nuthin, Tesla drivers are the new Prius drivers. If you drive a Tesla, everyone assumes you’re a douche. Sorry to break it to you. You might be a great person, but blame 98% of other Tesla drivers. I’m just sayin.
:rant:
Super irritating when you try to maintain a semblance of a space cushion, only to have some a-hole tail or leapfrog you, oblivious to the big picture.

Also agree about Tesla drivers, but I’d compare them to people driving BMWs or Mercedes, rather than Prius. Never had a problem with the latter.

Last edited:
Driving back from ABQ, I figured the last 6 hours would be a breeze. Straight shot up 5 to the Bay Area, I figured. Only 3 hours of darkness. 2 lane highway. No biggie.

The right lane is basically all semis. The left is mostly cars, except when a semi passes another semi.

So explain why I was cut off about 60 times by idiots jumping from behind me into the right lane, then zooming up to the tailgate of a semi at 90, only to run out of room and have to jam in ahead of me, so they were going…exactly the same speed as me, again.

Or idiots flashing their high beams at me, as though I’m the only vehicle that’s holding them back from a free and clear roadway ahead (reality: I’m ~2 car-lengths behind the vehicle in front of me) or swerving left & right so their headlights are in my side-views.

What secret 3rd lane do these people believe somehow exists? How am I the lone person preventing their success in life?

It’s preposterous.

Also, not for nuthin, Tesla drivers are the new Prius drivers. If you drive a Tesla, everyone assumes you’re a douche. Sorry to break it to you. You might be a great person, but blame 98% of other Tesla drivers. I’m just sayin.
Super irritating when you try to maintain a semblance of a space cushion, only to have some a-hole tail or leapfrog you, oblivious to the big picture.

Also agree about Tesla drivers, but I’d compare them to people driving BMWs or Mercedes, rather than Prius. Never had a problem with the latter.

Like the joke about the most useless job in the world being the dude who installs the turn signals on BMWs.

bmw driver= i fully admit that i will occasionally lane change on the highway/freeway intentionally without using my blinker due to cars changing their pace when they see the signal.

on city streets and lights/stop signs= always signal.

It’s preposterous.

Like the joke about the most useless job in the world being the dude who installs the turn signals on BMWs.

bmw driver= i fully admit that i will occasionally lane change on the highway/freeway intentionally without using my blinker due to cars changing their pace when they see the signal.

Sounding a little defensive there, buddy.
:lol:

It’s preposterous.

Sounding a little defensive there, buddy.
:lol:
you're not wrong.

I consider myself a very conscientious driver, so i can get impatient when i experience those who are not. I like to give people an opportunity to do the right thing. I also believe in flow. Many US drivers are oblivious/selfish vs European.

I’ll put up our pizza, coney dogs, pasties, fudge and apple cider (to name but a few) against Texas any day.
I love Michigan but this is the saddest brag I have seen in some time.

Wait a minute. I thought this was sarcasm. Was Kee seriously trying to argue that Michigan “cuisine” beats the food in Texas??? You can slam Texas for all sorts of things. But food is not one of them when the slam is coming from a Michigander!
No, it was comparison. He compared Michigan BBQ to Texas' (obviously a troll), so I put up our Pizza and other Michigan centric foods against Texas'.

Also... kudos for knowing to call me a Michigander!

Have relatives there and spent time visiting Grand Rapids growing up. I do like the place (but never spent a winter there).

As for pizza, it's famous because it's square, right? And as the birthplace of Little Caesars and Domino's?

And Hungry Howies

Idiots who don't lnow how a four-way stop works.
Worse: I have railroad tracks near my house, so we get 6-way stops.

They’re not harder than 4-way stops, but you’d think they were rocket science.

Same rules apply - yield to the person to the right. 2 cars facing each other, one turning left, the person going straight has ROW.

But let’s say I’m facing someone & signaling/turning left - so many times the person behind the person going straight will run the stop sign to essentially cut me off.

Like no dude, you’re still required to stop at the F’n stop sign. I’m allowed to turn left here. WTF

I play with a mixed group of guys on Sundays. Lots of father/sons/friends so half the group Is early 70s now. They are a bunch of chatty Kathy's and the worst part is the yell at clouds.

We are doing a st Patrick's day tournament, emails went out who wants to play etc etc. Well the course wants everyone to sign up on line. We already have accounts to book tee times. Although I think I'm the only one that uses it lol ..... The amount of complaining they can't call and sign up is hysterical. Some guys said they aren't going to play because they have to sign up online :lmao:

So yelling at clouds 😂

I play with a mixed group of guys on Sundays. Lots of father/sons/friends so half the group Is early 70s now. They are a bunch of chatty Kathy's and the worst part is the yell at clouds.

We are doing a st Patrick's day tournament, emails went out who wants to play etc etc. Well the course wants everyone to sign up on line. We already have accounts to book tee times. Although I think I'm the only one that uses it lol ..... The amount of complaining they can't call and sign up is hysterical. Some guys said they aren't going to play because they have to sign up online :lmao:

So yelling at clouds 😂
These are the guys writing checks at the supermarket, aren't they?

Having a garage sale today.

Pet Peeve: going to a garage sale with a $20 bill or no cash.

Bring ones, fives, tens. Don't ask if we take Venmo. Jesus people, it's a garage sale. Everything costs like .50 or 1.00
Big fan of the bartering down .25......not

Having a garage sale today.

Pet Peeve: going to a garage sale with a $20 bill or no cash.

Bring ones, fives, tens. Don't ask if we take Venmo. Jesus people, it's a garage sale. Everything costs like .50 or 1.00
I mean sometimes you just pass by a garage sale and decide to stop in. And I would gladly take venmo, just tell them they gotta spend 10 bucks minimum

Idiots who don't lnow how a four-way stop works.
My favorite is people who clearly beat me to the stop sign, then try to wave me through ahead of themselves. No, you moron!!! It's your turn! Go! I will get out of my car and come open your door before I go out of turn because you're waving me through for some inexplicable reason.
This x10. Even better at a four way when there are lines on all sides ffs.

No, let me be clear, there are millions of people who enjoy the snow and it's corresponding activities.
I get it, you want to hype up the ocean. Cool. Enjoy it. But not everyone is you.
I understand that people like doing winter things, but a frozen lake isnt even remotely comparable to the ocean off the coast of Oregon.

Let me summarize...

gm: i live near the ocean
you: you bring up the ocean and forget we have lakes.
me: lakes that freeze
you: people like doing winter activities like skiing so stop hyping the ocean!
everybody that doesnt live in michigan: Michigan sucks

album suggestions:

Something/Anything - Todd Rundgren (double album!!!)

Anthology - The Steve Miller Band (the ONLY "best of" album I think I would recommend)

Here Come The Warm Jets - Brian Eno (NOT an instrumental, his first solo effort0

The Captain & Me - The Doobie Brothers

Every Picture Tells A Story - Rod Stewart

Genesis - Trick of the Tail

Yessongs - Yes (live double album that still sounds as good as the studio)

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - Elton John (and another smash double album0

Users who are viewing this thread