What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL Amazing Race 36 Thread - Mostly South America Edition *** (2 Viewers)

Was this one going to be a Mexico/Latin and South America season? The travel part is usually part of the fun.
This was filmed when CBS still had pretty strict COVID protocols in place and everyone traveled together on the TAR plane instead of booking their own flights. So it bears more resemblance to TAR 34 and the post-restart portion of TAR 33 than it does to TAR 35, which was filmed later.
Ah, wasn’t aware this was filmed before 35. They must have been worried that back to back minimal travel would tank the ratings. We still have what feels like the most really bad teams in one show, but the travel together part makes sense even if it feels more boring. I’m betting most people watching didn’t know this was filmed before the last season.

Was this one going to be a Mexico/Latin and South America season? The travel part is usually part of the fun.
This was filmed when CBS still had pretty strict COVID protocols in place and everyone traveled together on the TAR plane instead of booking their own flights. So it bears more resemblance to TAR 34 and the post-restart portion of TAR 33 than it does to TAR 35, which was filmed later.
Ah, wasn’t aware this was filmed before 35. They must have been worried that back to back minimal travel would tank the ratings. We still have what feels like the most really bad teams in one show, but the travel together part makes sense even if it feels more boring. I’m betting most people watching didn’t know this was filmed before the last season.
Actually, it aired out of order because 35 was shot for 90 minute episodes and 36 wasn't. They knew CBS was giving them 90 minutes in the fall so they chose to air the show that was shot for 90 minutes then, and waited to see if they would return to 60 minutes in the spring.

For shows that have been on this long, the viewers will watch regardless. It's comfort food for their brain. "Back to back minimal travel" isn't going to kill the show at this point. The Survivor superfans are always complaining online about the "new era" of that show, but they still watch it.

Again, not much movement. Looks like Sunny & Bizzy are next. Then Yvonne & Melissa. The alliance is keeping all those teams in the game. It will be interesting to see when it falls apart, like the mine five.

Mom and son look like they want to dissolve the alliance next episode which would be a mistake. Need to ride that for another two eliminations. The top two teams are so strong that an alliance gives them a chance.

Bummed the ex-cops are out but they weren't going to last long. Why change challenges when you still had 2 throws left to try and lasso the fake bull? so dumb.
His form was so bad though. Pretty much everyone else would finish their throw with their arm out in front, aiming towards the bull. He would finish his throw still above his head.

Mom and son look like they want to dissolve the alliance next episode which would be a mistake. Need to ride that for another two eliminations. The top two teams are so strong that an alliance gives them a chance.
It's tricky. The mom and son would have been at that race challenge for a while without the help on the puzzle. BUT, both the other teams are much worse at navigating and who knows where they would be without the son leading. They really do need each other.

But it was smart to have the mom knock out a couple challenges while they had this alliance. Might set it up for later for the son to do a bunch.

The blonde practically doing the puzzle for the other two teams doesn’t feel right to me. I’d be ok with a couple tips to help them, but telling them where each piece goes is a bit much.

The blonde practically doing the puzzle for the other two teams doesn’t feel right to me. I’d be ok with a couple tips to help them, but telling them where each piece goes is a bit much.
She was emotionally invested in Mom and son moving on. The alliance is committed to one another.
I thought that the football player Rod and wife were smart to join the alliance as they are benefiting from the son’s navigation skills. But will be able to outrun the other teams when it’s time to get to the pit stop.

It pains me to watch this season of TAR. The inability from nearly everyone to navigate a paper map or tell North from South from East to West is mind boggling.

Where did they find these people??
They’re so bad, they would lose track of where they parked their car 🚗!…..oh wait, that happened in the latest episode 😜

And they usually have a large body of water nearby to use as a reference, but nearly everyone seems totally lost.

I love TAR, but I said to Mrs Nemesis a couple of episodes ago that I even wished for a Double or Triple elimination.

And then add in the fact, that a lot of the racers can’t drive stick….lets just face it, this is unfortunately just a bad season.

I totally agree. Not the best season. Actually, these three seasons during Covid, when they all fly on the same plane and limit the race to a single geographic area, have been the worst seasons, except for season eight (family race season). Probably all of these teams would have been eliminated early in a regular season. And yet, one of them will still be declared a winner, just like the undeserving winners of season 33. Fortunately, things should be back to normal with future races.

And then add in the fact, that a lot of the racers can’t drive stick….lets just face it, this is unfortunately just a bad season.
The mom really contributed in this area. She took a refresher so she'd be good to drive.

Not knowing what a plaza is made me laugh. WTF?

I'd be shocked if the teams that finished in the top 5 this week aren't the top 5 of the season. They are legions better than the other teams and the season probably won't be very eventful until we get to the final 5.
And yep, the top 5 are still in the top 5. Tonight should be an obvious girlfriends elimination, and then maybe the season will get good.

I'd be shocked if the teams that finished in the top 5 this week aren't the top 5 of the season. They are legions better than the other teams and the season probably won't be very eventful until we get to the final 5.
And yep, the top 5 are still in the top 5. Tonight should be an obvious girlfriends elimination, and then maybe the season will get good.
Surprise.

And who the heck doesn't know how a box works? This seems like the remedial edition.

5/1 episode thoughts:
Rod —> SUPER athletic​
Rod’s wife —> one of the most un-athletic contestants ever​
So…who do they choose to perform the Street Tennis roadblock?? Her. 🤷‍♂️
The last Detour on the beach should have asked: Do you want to do Arts & Crafts (FISH POT) ??​
OR​
Simply pick up some dried Seaweed on the beach for a couple of minutes??​
I couldn’t believe that all of the 1st Five groups chose the Fish Pot.​
The Pilots were smart to choose the Seaweed……but PULLing a Wheelbarrow down a wet beach would have been even easier (than pushing it),​

Yes, that was a surprise elimination but this just goes to show how one little mistake can doom you. I was also surprised that no one else chose the physical task, especially Rod. The pilots really kicked a$$ with that decision, going from last to second in a flash. It will be interesting to see how the boyfriends do on the final leg (assuming they get there) when they don't have the language advantage and have to start at the same time as everyone else.

It’s :bs: that Danny and Angie got eliminated because their crew got lost for over an hour.
Yeah how did that crew get so lost? Wouldn’t they have gps to get them where they’re ultimately supposed to be? And why did the walkie talkie all of the sudden just not work?

Yes, that was a surprise elimination but this just goes to show how one little mistake can doom you. I was also surprised that no one else chose the physical task, especially Rod. The pilots really kicked a$$ with that decision, going from last to second in a flash. It will be interesting to see how the boyfriends do on the final leg (assuming they get there) when they don't have the language advantage and have to start at the same time as everyone else.
I couldn’t believe Rod didn’t do the wheelbarrows either. He would’ve finished that by himself in no time.

It’s :bs: that Danny and Angie got eliminated because their crew got lost for over an hour.
Barbados drives on the left side of the road & I read somewhere that Angie went the wrong way on the roundabout & then that’s when everything went sideways. The other cars were honking at her & it was very chaotic. They went around the roundabout 3 times while Danny was trying to figure out which way to go. I’m guessing the film crew probably went around the roundabout the correct way so that would explain how they easily got separated.

But nobody can explain why they were separated for over an hour

Last edited:
I couldn’t believe Rod didn’t do the wheelbarrows either. He would’ve finished that by himself in no time.
It seems to be a common occurrence when both tasks occur in the same area. A new team shows up and decides to do the same task the other teams are doing. It's like they decide the other task must be very difficult because another team hasn't chosen it.

The teams watched the pilots going by and realized they made the wrong choice, but were too time invested in the fish pots to switch now.

5/1 episode thoughts:
Rod —> SUPER athletic​
I did notice that when she was playing, all the guys on the corner were watching in her direction, not the other "courts".

The crew losing them is one thing, but it never should have set them that far back.
Of course, them showing Danny concentrating on making the clippings look good was silly. I hope he didn't actually waste time doing that.

5/1 episode thoughts:
Rod —> SUPER athletic​
I did notice that when she was playing, all the guys on the corner were watching in her direction, not the other "courts".

The crew losing them is one thing, but it never should have set them that far back.
Of course, them showing Danny concentrating on making the clippings look good was silly. I hope he didn't actually waste time doing that.
Phil was like a minute away from the fishing pot place. Rod got lost and stuck and unstuck and it still wasn’t close. I’d bet there was some creative editing to make it seem close, so at that point they probably knew it was over so he wanted to finish it nicely.

Heck, they may have included that as well to take away from the crew getting lost.

I think Danny made one crucial mistake. He told his mom to keep going. They should have stopped and told the crew they’d wait off their exit of the circle. It still boggles my mind that it took an hour. The entire island is 8 miles by 21 miles and I can’t imagine the traffic circle was that far from the detour and that the crew didn’t know exactly where the detour was.

5/1 episode thoughts:
Rod —> SUPER athletic​

I think Danny made one crucial mistake. He told his mom to keep going. They should have stopped and told the crew they’d wait off their exit of the circle. It still boggles my mind that it took an hour. The entire island is 8 miles by 21 miles and I can’t imagine the traffic circle was that far from the detour and that the crew didn’t know exactly where the detour was.
True. Since the car had cameras and mics, the crew should have just gone to the next spot and waited on them. Boggles the mind. I liked their team, someone that has directional sense and can read a map, has an advantage.

It still boggles my mind that it took an hour. The entire island is 8 miles by 21 miles and I can’t imagine the traffic circle was that far from the detour and that the crew didn’t know exactly where the detour was.
Or with such a crucial rule to not have some sort of tracking device on each contestant's vehicles. I still haven't gotten an answer as to why the walkie talkie just didn't work anymore...were they that far apart?

It still boggles my mind that it took an hour. The entire island is 8 miles by 21 miles and I can’t imagine the traffic circle was that far from the detour and that the crew didn’t know exactly where the detour was.
Or with such a crucial rule to not have some sort of tracking device on each contestant's vehicles. I still haven't gotten an answer as to why the walkie talkie just didn't work anymore...were they that far apart?
I just assumed they were out of range.

I just assumed they were out of range.
They were using the Fischer Price walkie talkie sets I had as a kid.

Users who are viewing this thread