What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Did the Packers Make the Right Decision for Their Ball Club (1 Viewer)

vote here

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Undecided - Need to see what draft pick(s) they receive

• Total voters
Right or wrong, you gotta think that if Rodgers struggles early, a lot of the team will get pissed at Thompson and McCarthy quickly, knowing that with Favre they could have been doing much better. Rodgers has to do well, and do well quickly.

And for the record, I had the Jets rated higher this year than most. Favre gives them better than a 50/50 shot at the playoffs this year.
No way better than 50/50. You have the Pats, Colts, Chargers and Browns winning their divisions. That leaves a very strong Jax team, the Steelers, Texans, Titans, Jets and Broncos and 2 of them making it.I'll bet you 50 bucks (I don't need the odds even though you think it's better than a 50/50 shot) the Jets don't make the playoffs this year.

I started off thinking it was "New Coke" bad.Someone else suggested MS Vista bad. That's probably better. New Coke is pretty harsh...J
I was thinking more along the lines of Dodds telling you that he was retiring in late winter. You cancel other projects and focus on rebuilding the organization. Maybe go as far as to promote Chase and Aaron into full time positions and they quit other interests because of the promotion. Then in late July Dodds tells you that he's coming back for one more season and that you need to reshuffle your organizational plan to accomodate him.
That's a great example. I do a back flip and welcome David the second I think I could get him back. Actually, I do more than that. I do everything I can in the relationship to never let him get to the point of quitting.And I love Chase and Aaron. And I think they love me. But they both will tell you in a second that David and I have a different relationship.J
This whole line of reasoning is flawed (not just the Dodds example, but I will use it). Dodds does not have a contract that says if he ever wants to work in this field again (unretire) you can only do that with us (FBG) since we have a contract controlling your services for 2-3 more years. This is one of the reasons I have ended up siding with the waffling Favre in this as time has gone bye. He wants to continue to play, but GB controls his ability to unretire and play. That is the big difference between this situation in the NFL and real life. If you are at the top of your profession and decide to retire, you can unretire and work again in the same field w/o your previous employer saying whether you can and/or where you can work again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Green Bay did the right thing. Favre has been threatening to retire since 2005.Favre has faded during the second half of the season in two of the past three years.Favre threw a combined six interceptions in playoff games that terminated the Packers season in 2004 and 2007.Favre will be 39 years old in October.Great career, slam dunk first ballot Hall of Famer, but he pushed all his chips in and the Packers front office called his bluff.
a voice of reason. :popcorn:

Right or wrong, you gotta think that if Rodgers struggles early, a lot of the team will get pissed at Thompson and McCarthy quickly, knowing that with Favre they could have been doing much better. Rodgers has to do well, and do well quickly.
:popcorn:It seems as if the Packers brass didn't really think this one through.

I think Green Bay did the right thing. Favre has been threatening to retire since 2005.Favre has faded during the second half of the season in two of the past three years.Favre threw a combined six interceptions in playoff games that terminated the Packers season in 2004 and 2007.Favre will be 39 years old in October.Great career, slam dunk first ballot Hall of Famer, but he pushed all his chips in and the Packers front office called his bluff.
The Packer organization owes it to their fans and players on the team to do everything they can to put the best team available on the field. The Packers didn't do that or at least they didn't want to find out for sure.Farve had a great season last year, he didn't fade. They had a huge lead in the division towards the end, he played like a quarter versus the Lions the last game.

The Packer organization owes it to their fans and players on the team to do everything they can to put the best team available on the field. The Packers didn't do that or at least they didn't want to find out for sure.Farve had a great season last year, he didn't fade. They had a huge lead in the division towards the end, he played like a quarter versus the Lions the last game.
That Pats don't put the best players on the field each season on a regular basis, the Skins take the opposite approach (recent history although it seems to be changing).

This is too early to tell at this point. There is no way to know whether Favre is ready to play football. Did he train in the offseason as he usually does?

There is a lot in this story that is unkown. How was the team reacting to Favre returning? Was it becoming a distraction?

Maybe the Packer's brass ego got in the way, and maybe it didn't. Maybe they determined that Brett was not ready to play football and they have evaluated that Rodgers is. I don't know. But the reality is, I don't think anyone knows.

If Rodgers looks bad at first, then some people will question Packer's management. What happens if Favre looks washed up in New York? Then the reverse will be true.

:no:It seems as if the Packers brass didn't really think this one through.
Of course they did. Again, and again, and again, and again. In the end, Favre's grudge against Thompson decided this. The Packers brass has their ### on the line with this decision. Do you honestly think they didn't calculate all of the consequences of each and every decision?

I think they thought it through, they just made a bad decision. Pride played WAY to much of an issue in this outcome. Brett Farve should be a Packer, I'm absolutely shocked at this outcome. I wouldn't have thought in a million years that somehow Brett Farve would be playing for the New York Jets.

Agreed. And even more so if Farve is still playing at the level he played last year but even if he is not, it is easy to make excuses for him and picture more success with the Packers... not knowing the system, new team, new place, yadda yadda...

Of course they did. Again, and again, and again, and again. In the end, Favre's grudge against Thompson decided this. The Packers brass has their ### on the line with this decision. Do you honestly think they didn't calculate all of the consequences of each and every decision?
Do you honestly think the executives at Coke didn't calculate all of the consequences of releasing new coke? The only difference here is that if the Packers are wrong, they can't go back the old formula (Favre is gone).

I started off thinking it was "New Coke" bad.Someone else suggested MS Vista bad. That's probably better. New Coke is pretty harsh...J
I was thinking more along the lines of Dodds telling you that he was retiring in late winter. You cancel other projects and focus on rebuilding the organization. Maybe go as far as to promote Chase and Aaron into full time positions and they quit other interests because of the promotion. Then in late July Dodds tells you that he's coming back for one more season and that you need to reshuffle your organizational plan to accomodate him.
That's a great example. I do a back flip and welcome David the second I think I could get him back. Actually, I do more than that. I do everything I can in the relationship to never let him get to the point of quitting.And I love Chase and Aaron. And I think they love me. But they both will tell you in a second that David and I have a different relationship.J
With all due respects, this is a bad example. For the most part, the people at FBG work fairly independent of each other. I can see in this example that welcoming Dodds back would not be a big deal. But in a game like football, everyone is working at the same place at the same time. Emotions run high. Lockerooms can fracture.

This is too early to tell at this point. There is no way to know whether Favre is ready to play football. Did he train in the offseason as he usually does?There is a lot in this story that is unkown. How was the team reacting to Favre returning? Was it becoming a distraction? Maybe the Packer's brass ego got in the way, and maybe it didn't. Maybe they determined that Brett was not ready to play football and they have evaluated that Rodgers is. I don't know. But the reality is, I don't think anyone knows.If Rodgers looks bad at first, then some people will question Packer's management. What happens if Favre looks washed up in New York? Then the reverse will be true.
He's not completely ready, not game ready but he will be. Of course it was a distraction.There's been some things over the year's I'm guessing that didn't go smoothly between Farve and Thompson. I know he tried to get Moss on the team and they didn't go for that obviously and he was upset about it. He's waffled a couple times on retiring and now this year, it just all came to a head.Farve isn't going to look washed up. You saw him 7 months ago play, he had a great year. He'll make some mistakes but he'll make some big plays like he always does.Aaron Rodgers, we'll have to see.

In SF, the whole "Joe vs. Steve" thing got way out of hand. It's a very different thing in GB, but it became a "Favre vs. The Management" thing, which to me is worse. It isn't a "Favre vs. Rodgers" thing at all. You can't have one guy trying to divide the locker room, and wanting guys to pick sides. It's totally detrimental, and if Favre stayed and played bad or got hurt, it would have all blown up in GB.

With all due respects, this is a bad example. For the most part, the people at FBG work fairly independent of each other. I can see in this example that welcoming Dodds back would not be a big deal. But in a game like football, everyone is working at the same place at the same time. Emotions run high. Lockerooms can fracture.
You're talking about Brett Farve. The lockeroom's going to fracture if you bring back Farve into Green Bay? If anything, it'll fracture more with him playing for another team.

I actually said he faded in two of the past three years. During the final eight games in 2005 and 2006, Favre threw 12 touchdowns against 26 inteceptions, which equated to a 63.1 QB Rating. And how did he play in the 2007 NFC Conference championship game against New York? He completed 54.3 percent of his passes with two touchdowns and two inteceptions for a QB rating of 70.7. He looked old and cold (at home) in that game vs. the Giants. :no:

Voted yes.

As hard as it is to see Favre gone, I do believe the team will be better for longer because of it. They still have a solid young defense that continues to improve. They have a great group of young receivers who can exploit weaknesses in defenses with their YAC abilities. The Oline and running game are shaping up nicely. And Green Bay has plenty of cap room to keep their young stars while also being able to grab free agents to fill holes. For all the hate Thompson is getting, 2007 would have never been a magical year without what Thompson built. The window to get Favre another Super Bowl in Green Bay may have closed, but the larger window is still opening.

I'm also of the opinion that Green Bay overachieved a little last year in what ended up being a 3-team conference. Repeating a 13-3 season and making the NFCC game was never going to be an easy task even if Favre had said he was returning back in March.

I wish Favre well and will continue to cheer for him as he'll always be a Packer legend. In the end, it was an extremely hard spot for fans, but I'm going to support the team's decision and Rodgers. Regardless of how other fans feel, I don't see any reason to pile on Rodgers until he proves otherwise. Packer fans claim to be some of the most loyal fans in the NFL, so hopefully that holds true.

:shrug:It seems as if the Packers brass didn't really think this one through.
I think they thought it through
If they thought it through and came to this decision, they are morons. This is almost as puzzling to me as the Titans drafting Chris Henry in the 2nd round.How do these guys get jobs??

I actually said he faded in two of the past three years. During the final eight games in 2005 and 2006, Favre threw 12 touchdowns against 26 inteceptions, which equated to a 63.1 QB Rating. And how did he play in the NFC Conference championship game against New York? At home he completed 54.3 percent of his passes, two touchdowns, two inteceptions for a QB rating of 70.7. He looked old and cold (at home) in that game vs. the Giants. :shrug:
How did he play in the divisional round game against Seattle in the snow?

I actually said he faded in two of the past three years. During the final eight games in 2005 and 2006, Favre threw 12 touchdowns against 26 inteceptions, which equated to a 63.1 QB Rating. And how did he play in the NFC Conference championship game against New York? At home he completed 54.3 percent of his passes, two touchdowns, two inteceptions for a QB rating of 70.7. He looked old and cold (at home) in that game vs. the Giants. :shrug:
In the grand scheme of things, which one was the BIGGER game?

It is not that simple. If Favre doesn't play great against Seattle, they do not overcome Grant's two early fumbles and win in a rout. And as a result, they never would have touched the field in the NFC title game. But feel free to keep forgetting that. Also, the Super Bowl is the biggest game of all, and Tom Brady didn't play well in it. He also looked mediocre in the AFC title game, too. I guess he is someone who fades now, too, right?

It is not that simple. If Favre doesn't play great against Seattle, they do not overcome Grant's two early fumbles and win in a rout. And as a result, they never would have touched the field in the NFC title game. But feel free to keep forgetting that. Also, the Super Bowl is the biggest game of all, and Tom Brady didn't play well in it. He also looked mediocre in the AFC title game, too. I guess he is someone who fades now, too, right?
Brady isn't a couple of months away from being 39 years old.

Also, the Super Bowl is the biggest game of all, and Tom Brady didn't play well in it. He also looked mediocre in the AFC title game, too. I guess he is someone who fades now, too, right?
I can't let this slide without pointing out how absolutely pathetic this statement is..

I actually said he faded in two of the past three years. During the final eight games in 2005 and 2006, Favre threw 12 touchdowns against 26 inteceptions, which equated to a 63.1 QB Rating. And how did he play in the NFC Conference championship game against New York? At home he completed 54.3 percent of his passes, two touchdowns, two inteceptions for a QB rating of 70.7. He looked old and cold (at home) in that game vs. the Giants. :lmao:
Nice deflection! :shrug: :unsure:
Also, the Super Bowl is the biggest game of all, and Tom Brady didn't play well in it. He also looked mediocre in the AFC title game, too. I guess he is someone who fades now, too, right?
I can't let this slide without pointing out how absolutely pathetic this statement is.
You not good at detecting sarcasm, or what?

I actually said he faded in two of the past three years. During the final eight games in 2005 and 2006, Favre threw 12 touchdowns against 26 inteceptions, which equated to a 63.1 QB Rating. And how did he play in the NFC Conference championship game against New York? At home he completed 54.3 percent of his passes, two touchdowns, two inteceptions for a QB rating of 70.7. He looked old and cold (at home) in that game vs. the Giants. :lmao:
Nice deflection! :shrug: :unsure:
I can't let this slide without pointing out how absolutely pathetic this statement is.
You not good at detecting sarcasm, or what?
I guess I missed the :lmao: sign.

There is no way to know whether Favre is ready to play football. Did he train in the offseason as he usually does?...What happens if Favre looks washed up in New York? Then the reverse will be true.
I really don't think Favre's readiness to play is going to be an issue. He didn't handle this situation well, but I have a hard time believing he'd go through all this negative publicity and go so far as accept a trade to a new team without feeling confident that he will be fine when he steps on the field. I'm not saying he'll be an All Pro, but I doubt he'll struggle.Consider that Vinny Testaverde got off his couch in the middle of October last season and started and won the next game for the Panthers, going 20/33 for 206/1/0 after no preseason/training camp and only 4 practices... on a team he never played for before... at age 44. And he was never as good as Favre to begin with. And the season before, he had 3 total pass attempts for the Pats. There is a lot to be said for experience, and no QB has more of it than Favre.

There is no way to know whether Favre is ready to play football. Did he train in the offseason as he usually does?...What happens if Favre looks washed up in New York? Then the reverse will be true.
I really don't think Favre's readiness to play is going to be an issue. He didn't handle this situation well, but I have a hard time believing he'd go through all this negative publicity and go so far as accept a trade to a new team without feeling confident that he will be fine when he steps on the field. I'm not saying he'll be an All Pro, but I doubt he'll struggle.Consider that Vinny Testaverde got off his couch in the middle of October last season and started and won the next game for the Panthers, going 20/33 for 206/1/0 after no preseason/training camp and only 4 practices... on a team he never played for before... at age 44. And he was never as good as Favre to begin with. And the season before, he had 3 total pass attempts for the Pats. There is a lot to be said for experience, and no QB has more of it than Favre.
Good points, JWB. :shrug:

I really don't think Favre's readiness to play is going to be an issue.
It's a new system for Brett so there will almost DEFINITELY be a transition period...how long is anyone's guess...he's never been much of a system guy.

Yes they do. Maybe not by 22, but they still win by double digits. Grant put up 201 yards and 3 TDs, plus the defense held Seattle to 3 points in each the 2nd and 3rd quarter, and scoreless in the 4thGreen Bay's running game and defense dominated the game more and more as it went on.

I think the Packers did the right thing too. I am a Bears fan and I am sick of watching Farve carve up the Bears. I'm thrilled that the Packers have decided to go with the guy who has never started an NFL game, brilliant. Packer fans, welcome to the world of mediocre QB play. We are glad you could join us. That whooshing sound? Oh, that was the sound of your chances of a Super Bowl berth going right out the window.

I think the Packers did the right thing too. I am a Bears fan and I am sick of watching Farve carve up the Bears. I'm thrilled that the Packers have decided to go with the guy who has never started an NFL game, brilliant. Packer fans, welcome to the world of mediocre QB play. We are glad you could join us. That whooshing sound? Oh, that was the sound of your chances of a Super Bowl berth going right out the window.
A voice of reason! :lol:

I voted NO. I'll admit that at this point it is based purely on emotion since there is no way to know if AR will be successful and no way to know who the draft pick will be. I have been a die hard Packer fan all my life(well before Favre) and for the first time in my life I am really hating them. Regardless of the outcome, the way the Packers handled this situation is DISGUSTING. I don't know how people can say that Favre obviously didn't want to be in GB. If GB didn't make it completely obvious that they were done with him during the last month, they certainly made it clear when Favre arrived in GB. The NFL network reported that Favre was hiding out in his box at the scrimmage so he could see his guys play. When the scrimmage was over, Favre wanted to go talk to the guys in the locker room, the security guard that was assigned to Favre told him that he was instructed to not allow Favre in the locker room. That makes it pretty clear how the FO feels, how would you respond if you were Favre?

I also don't think you can compare Favre/Rodgers with Montana/Young. First of all, Montana was injured and only played one game in his last two years in SF...Favre played every game in GB. That alone makes him stand alone. Young, unlike Rodgers had proven himself.

Last night I found myself wishing that Favre could get over the way that GB had treated him...then I realized that I can't even get over it, how could Favre after all he's given that team. I'm sick about this. :lol:

Voted yes.As hard as it is to see Favre gone, I do believe the team will be better for longer because of it. They still have a solid young defense that continues to improve. They have a great group of young receivers who can exploit weaknesses in defenses with their YAC abilities. The Oline and running game are shaping up nicely. And Green Bay has plenty of cap room to keep their young stars while also being able to grab free agents to fill holes. For all the hate Thompson is getting, 2007 would have never been a magical year without what Thompson built. The window to get Favre another Super Bowl in Green Bay may have closed, but the larger window is still opening.I'm also of the opinion that Green Bay overachieved a little last year in what ended up being a 3-team conference. Repeating a 13-3 season and making the NFCC game was never going to be an easy task even if Favre had said he was returning back in March. I wish Favre well and will continue to cheer for him as he'll always be a Packer legend. In the end, it was an extremely hard spot for fans, but I'm going to support the team's decision and Rodgers. Regardless of how other fans feel, I don't see any reason to pile on Rodgers until he proves otherwise. Packer fans claim to be some of the most loyal fans in the NFL, so hopefully that holds true.
:lol:

I actually said he faded in two of the past three years. During the final eight games in 2005 and 2006, Favre threw 12 touchdowns against 26 inteceptions, which equated to a 63.1 QB Rating. And how did he play in the NFC Conference championship game against New York? At home he completed 54.3 percent of his passes, two touchdowns, two inteceptions for a QB rating of 70.7. He looked old and cold (at home) in that game vs. the Giants. :lol:
Yes they do. Maybe not by 22, but they still win by double digits. Grant put up 201 yards and 3 TDs, plus the defense held Seattle to 3 points in each the 2nd and 3rd quarter, and scoreless in the 4thGreen Bay's running game and defense dominated the game more and more as it went on.
I love my Seahawks. That was painful to watch, but there's no need to get into revisionist history. The Green Bay offensive line and running game dominated that game, not Favre.

I think it's an assanine move.
proof that it was a good move right here folks...BTW I think it was a great move for the Packers Franchise on the whole.This year? It might hurt them... But on the whole, it was the best thing for the franchise...

Even the great ones don't know when to hang it up. Brett Favre was no different and the Packers did well to just get off the #4 seesaw.

One point people keep forgetting...even in retirement Brett Favre's shadow would have hung over the Packers 2008 season and the pressure would have been great to win without him.

Packer fans claim to be some of the most loyal fans in the NFL, so hopefully that holds true.
I remember when Packer fans wanted Favre benched for Ty Detmer. I can only imagine the things we'll hear when Rodgers struggles. I'm hoping for the best for Rodgers but it's going to be real ugly in Green Bay this year if he struggles. And he will struggle. All first-time starting QBs struggle. The difference here is Thompson and McCarthy have basically set Rodgers up to fail. There will be no escape for him if he struggles - the criticism will be immense because the Packers had what virtually everyone agrees is a superior option available. What's interesting about all of this is I wouldn't be surprised if in two years time Rodgers is gone too. How many QBs who replaced Hall of Famers in recent NFL history stayed with their original team? That's the potentially sad irony of all this. The Packers kicked Favre to the curb and backed a guy who recent NFL history strongly suggests won't be with the team for the long term.

i view it just like the manny ramirez trade.

it was a bad move because the packers are worse off than they were before trading favre.

it was a good move if the packers really couldn't get the issues reconciled. i don't think we really know exactly what was going on, but at the very least, it's obvious that the packers didn't see it working with favre. if that's true, anything they could get and getting anything done is good.

publically naming your starter in april and not being prepared at all for favre to change his mind in june was the bad move (was this completely unforseeable?). they boxed themselves in with no way of doing the right thing if favre wanted to come out of retirement.

that was the bad decision. the trade was just the consequences of that.

i view it just like the manny ramirez trade. it was a bad move because the packers are worse off than they were before trading favre.it was a good move if the packers really couldn't get the issues reconciled. i don't think we really know exactly what was going on, but at the very least, it's obvious that the packers didn't see it working with favre. if that's true, anything they could get and getting anything done is good.publically naming your starter in april and not being prepared at all for favre to change his mind in june was the bad move (was this completely unforseeable?). they boxed themselves in with no way of doing the right thing if favre wanted to come out of retirement.that was the bad decision. the trade was just the consequences of that.
they were prepared for him to come back and start... They offered him that at least once (I believe they did it twice)...and both times Favre decided he didn't want to actually un-retire at the last second...Everything that has happened in the last 8 months, outside of the last few days, was a ploy to try and go to Minnesota...

They just barely lost the NFC title game and the right to go to the Superbowl. They bring back Favre and maybe they get back to the same spot. One less mistake, and maybe they go farther. I don't think Rodgers is on Favre's level. I don't think this team goes as far this year. Even if they're good in the regular season, Favre would be the difference in getting to the playoffs, and winning in the playoffs--regardless of his recent playoff record.

They should have just said "Ok, Brett, You're the starting Quarterback."

I vote no. Absolutely not.

Absolutely right decision by Green Bay. If they bring Favre back again this year after another offseason of his waffling about whether to play or not play then Rodgers is done in GB period. Then Favre quits again next year and GB is stuck with Brohm and Flynn as the QB.

Besides, Favre does have that locker room like he once did. I'm sure the vets like Driver, Woodson, and Harris respect him and what not but GB is a young team and those guys probably have no respect for the way Favre has treated that organization.

Favre needs to wake up and realize he isn't "the show" and he isn't bigger than the organization.

GB fans need to wake up and end any Rodgers to Favre comparisons now. The media will do enough of that for them and there is no need for them to eat one of their own (Rodgers) when he had nothing to do with the Favre circus in the first place.

Long term for the organization, Ted Thompson absolutely made the right decision.

They just barely lost the NFC title game and the right to go to the Superbowl. They bring back Favre and maybe they get back to the same spot. One less mistake, and maybe they go farther. I don't think Rodgers is on Favre's level. I don't think this team goes as far this year. Even if they're good in the regular season, Favre would be the difference in getting to the playoffs, and winning in the playoffs--regardless of his recent playoff record. They should have just said "Ok, Brett, You're the starting Quarterback."I vote no. Absolutely not.
They tried to say that, Favre just re-retired...

It was all ego on the Packers side, and people's obsession with "value".He retired. They went out and got 2 new shiny toys. brohm and a 7th round QB. They were quite pleased. Then Favre wants back. What cut one of the newly draft QBs? What a waste! We burned a 2nd on a backup QB, now he's 3rd string?! We look like idiots. Packers couldn't swallow their pride, and do what was best for the team.Lets re-check things. Currently, NONE of the Packer QBs have EVER started a game in the NFL. And this is a team that is poised to make a SB run. Are you kidding me? ZERO starts. You just let go an elite QB who had an amazing year last year. He basically was a lock to get you to the playoffs. Now what? GM who let his own ego get in the way.Sorry, this isn't FF. You take Favre back, cut the 7th round QB, and deal w/ brohm as the 3rd string. As it stands now, you better hope AR doesn't get hurt. Because you can kiss the playoffs goodbye. You better hope AR is actually good. If this guy is Joey Harrington (Joey was a better college QB and a better prospect, would have gone well before where AR was drafted regardless if the Lions took him) then TT just blew it huge. Packers might find themselves dealing with endless QBs for the next 10 years, and to think they had a solid, reliable QB ready to play for them. Favre changing his mind was a BLESSING. Two months before they were begging for him back. But because they drafted two QBs, they’re going to cut off their nose to spite their face? It’s like Barry Sanders retiring, so the Lions draft two RBs. At training camp, Barry says he wants to play. Lions tell him to go pound sand, they have his replacement? *LOL* Are you kidding? AR isn’t a replacement for anything. He’s never started in the NFL. Bears did the same thing with Benson. We drafted him, we want to play him. Regardless of whom we have to trade to do it. Ignore the warning signs. We want to see our new toy play. Favre didn't want to go back, because they didn't want him. If TT said after the first text message, hell yes Favre come back now, he would have. HC talking about his mindset. It's laughable. AR is a joke, will follow in the long line of soft Jeff Tedford QBs, and the Packers will rue this day for a long time.
:goodposting: What he said!
:lmao: :goodposting: We have witnessed the worst decision by a front office in the history of professional sport.

They just barely lost the NFC title game and the right to go to the Superbowl. They bring back Favre and maybe they get back to the same spot. One less mistake, and maybe they go farther. I don't think Rodgers is on Favre's level. I don't think this team goes as far this year. Even if they're good in the regular season, Favre would be the difference in getting to the playoffs, and winning in the playoffs--regardless of his recent playoff record.

WRONGFavre lost NFC title game with another "moronic" INT

as always........

WRONGFavre lost NFC title game with another "moronic" INT

as always........
If that's how you see it, fine. But, if Favre doesn't make that same mistake this year, they could easily be a superbowl team. But, then again, I'm not a believer that interception was the difference. I'm not sold Rodgers performs as good as Favre did, so Rodgers wouldn't be in a position to lose a game with a moronic INT.But, that's just my take, I realize yours is different.

Have you guys considered that there may not have been a "right" decision? It is absolutely possible that this is simply a matter of this being one of those "damned if you do and damned if you don't" situations. It's possible that getting rid of Favre is bad for the Packers and it's possible that keeping Favre would have been bad for the Packers as well. It may be that no matter what decision they made, the Packers were going to get hurt by this and/or look bad. It may also be that, as a team, they may do just fine either with Brett or without. Of course we will never know the answer as we'll only get to witness one side of this (GB without Favre), but why does everything always have to be so black and white around here? Come on over and visit the gray side of life occasionally.

Users who are viewing this thread