What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread W11 - Dallas V Washington (1 Viewer)

I cant remember that last time if ever I have seen more weak-### excuses for attempts at tackling. whats up with just bumping into a guy like a girl scout? Why afraid to drive into a guy and are their arms broken such that they can't wrap them up?? Honest, I've seen better in pop warner leagues.

What the hell? That wasn't a touchback at all.
The ball was dead but Cartwright had to be a hero. Idiot.
What are you talking about? the ball was dead when Cartwright touched it.
Not if the ball moves backwards behind the line of where it was originally touched by the kicking team. It's a pretty simple rule and was called correctly.
Cartwright had possession and was down. He then let go of the ball as he rolled into the endzone. It didnt magically become live at that point. He had alrady downed it.

I cant remember that last time if ever I have seen more weak-### excuses for attempts at tackling. whats up with just bumping into a guy like a girl scout? Why afraid to drive into a guy and are their arms broken such that they can't wrap them up?? Honest, I've seen better in pop warner leagues.
You don't watch this Dallas D often do you?

:lmao: At least they're not actively running away from tackles so far tonight.

When is the ball down? Is it not down when a defensive player touches it? IF not, can the defense kick the ball back to the goal line and then down it? If the D can't push the ball back to down it, why could they kick it back until it hit the guy on the goal line?
No one knows this exactly?

:lmao: At least they're not actively running away from tackles so far tonight.
LOL that game made my football season. Watching Michael Jenkins watch Derrick Ward run right by him as he shifted out of the way. Classic.

If Al's right, that's one of the crazier rules in the NFL.

Nice bull#### coverage by Dallas. I'm sure Wade's decision to hire a big bag of nothing like Bruce Read had no effect on that play.

What the hell? That wasn't a touchback at all.
The ball was dead but Cartwright had to be a hero. Idiot.
What are you talking about? the ball was dead when Cartwright touched it.
Not if the ball moves backwards behind the line of where it was originally touched by the kicking team. It's a pretty simple rule and was called correctly.
Cartwright had possession and was down. He then let go of the ball as he rolled into the endzone. It didnt magically become live at that point. He had alrady downed it.
this reminds me of all the rants I used to hear when the NFL made it a rule you had to maintain possession on a catch even after you hit the ground and people would argue about whether or not he got his feet in even though the ball popped out when he hit the ground. That rule took even announcers like 4 years to understand.

Interesting. The Cowboys are playing some very different coverages in the secondary. Primarily with a lot of man coverage and Newman following Moss all over the field. Not their usual approach, but I'm all for it so far.

Turn overs have been the difference so far. Cowboys have played decent and should be winning 13-10 at the worst. instead they trail 10-7.

Washington looked better in the first quarter, Dallas in the second. Dallas running wide seems to be working. Chris Horton is all over the place. Washington with poor clock management in the last minute of the first half but still squeezed a FG our of it. Very close game so far, either team could win.

Turn overs have been the difference so far. Cowboys have played decent and should be winning 13-10 at the worst. instead they trail 10-7.
Oh, this is far from over my friend. This second half will be very telling as to what Dallas really has to offer. Either they have it or they don't.This next 30 minutes will tell the story. Our season rides on it.ETA: It all comes down to "heart" and "will" now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Washington needs a good drive coming up in the second half. Protecting Campbell would be helpful as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread