What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***** Official KTCK/1310 AM "The Ticket" Thread ***** (1 Viewer)

texasyankee said:
culdeus said:
texasyankee said:
Anyone think today's big announcement will have anything to do with greggo?
what?
There is a big announcement @ 5:50 today, I am sure it is white elephant day or something else, just figured I would play dumb ticket guy
what was it? I missed it.
Just an announcement about Ticket Stock. Kareem will be the special guest.

Over the last two months, with my new job, I have had about an hour commute each way. So it was time to give the Ticket some real love again going to and from work.

I punch out more times than not now, going to NPR or Mike and Mike or just a CD. Even Muse In The News doesn't hold my attention any longer. The Musers just sound dated now, and the Hardline is missing something. It might not be Greggo, but it's something. Corby is just flat overexposed at this point. Whole segments about the big dog on his street are just stupid.

Need more BaDD radio.The little bit I get during lunch is not enough.

Over the last two months, with my new job, I have had about an hour commute each way. So it was time to give the Ticket some real love again going to and from work.I punch out more times than not now, going to NPR or Mike and Mike or just a CD. Even Muse In The News doesn't hold my attention any longer. The Musers just sound dated now, and the Hardline is missing something. It might not be Greggo, but it's something. Corby is just flat overexposed at this point. Whole segments about the big dog on his street are just stupid.Need more BaDD radio.The little bit I get during lunch is not enough.
Gordon has struggled since he moved to TV. Definitely in a rut creative wise trying to get his TV show up and running. BAD radio is going along well. Donvan sometimes tries too hard, but they consistently have the best sports segments and their audio segments are also really well produced. Afternoon is a struggle lately. One can only take just so much corby after awhile.

Over the last two months, with my new job, I have had about an hour commute each way. So it was time to give the Ticket some real love again going to and from work.I punch out more times than not now, going to NPR or Mike and Mike or just a CD. Even Muse In The News doesn't hold my attention any longer. The Musers just sound dated now, and the Hardline is missing something. It might not be Greggo, but it's something. Corby is just flat overexposed at this point. Whole segments about the big dog on his street are just stupid.Need more BaDD radio.The little bit I get during lunch is not enough.
Gordon has struggled since he moved to TV. Definitely in a rut creative wise trying to get his TV show up and running. BAD radio is going along well. Donvan sometimes tries too hard, but they consistently have the best sports segments and their audio segments are also really well produced. Afternoon is a struggle lately. One can only take just so much corby after awhile.
I will say this: Corby/Shaq was GOLD on Friday, as always. If Shaq ever gets a radio gig once he is done with basketball I think Corby has a shot at going with him.

I guess you guys have heard that 105.3 has gone all sports as well. Their signal is so strong they might just get listeners that way. I guess they fired Russ Martin as he was formally indicted on charges stemming from his incident.

It's the entire ticket B team headed over there. Would be stunned if Greggo doesn't make the switch within the year.

Breaking News: 105.3 FM has fired Russ Martin and changed formats to all sports - "The Fan".

Jagger is staying on to do mornings, Kevin Scott and Greg Hill (??) is doing middays, and Ben & Skin doing afternoons. With the stronger single, this could get interesting for The Little Ticket.

EDIT - Screw me, beat to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Breaking News: 105.3 FM has fired Russ Martin and changed formats to all sports - "The Fan".

Jagger is staying on to do mornings, Kevin Scott and Greg Hill (??) is doing middays, and Ben & Skin doing afternoons. With the stronger single, this could get interesting for The Little Ticket.

EDIT - Screw me, beat to it.
:goodposting:

On a side note what's up with the Ticket's weak signal? As the biggest sports player in town can't they afford new AAA batteries for their tower or are they forced to cut power certain times of the day?

You're having I'm Arby's.

Speculation is that Jones is behind this and the Cowboys will move there for next year. He has not been happy with the value he's gotten out of the ticket.

On a side note what's up with the Ticket's weak signal? As the biggest sports player in town can't they afford new AAA batteries for their tower or are they forced to cut power certain times of the day?You're having I'm Arby's.
They mentioned it a few weeks ago, and I got the important text message that said it was fixed. I still get nothing indoors and the second I drive west of I-35W or south of I-30 I lose the station.Have a Hot Carl.

Oddly I got no signal from 103.3 this morning during my drive in (6:00 AM). I usually drop in on M&M when the Musers are on break.

Did this happen to anyone else?

Oddly I got no signal from 103.3 this morning during my drive in (6:00 AM). I usually drop in on M&M when the Musers are on break.Did this happen to anyone else?
Yeah, it was dead as a doornail from 640 to 720 on my commute. But that was an improvement over Greenberg.

Is 105.3 even on air right now? I can't get their online stream to work.

I will give them a shot. Wouldn't be surprised to see Cooperstein or Galloway end up there.

I hope and pray Emmitt gets his shot at radio.

White Elephant on today. Corby was a bit funny on the tickers. Norm with Sean Bass and Tom Gribble is horrrrrrriiiiiblllleeeee...

105.3 is honoring the rest of Russ Martin's contract until April 2011. Not bad getting a check every 2 weeks for sitting on your ### for the next 2+ years.

And I had forgot, BDH is going syndicated next week thanks to Rick Dees. Will be interesting where he gets picked up here.

White Elephant on today. Corby was a bit funny on the tickers. Norm with Sean Bass and Tom Gribble is horrrrrrriiiiiblllleeeee...
I actually think you gave them more credit than they deserve. I'm not tuning back in until noon, the opening of Donovan's slot was as devoid as it was brutal.As for Jerry wanting to jump ship from the Ticket I can fully believe that. There is no way he can hear the fake Jerry and fake Wade and want to have anything to do with the station. He sucked it up and rolled with it when they were the only way to get maximum exposure in town, but now that there is another option who will lick his boots he'll drop the Ticket in a heartbeat.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually think you gave them more credit than they deserve. I'm not tuning back in until noon, the opening of Donovan's slot was as devoid as it was brutal.

As for Jerry wanting to jump ship from the Ticket I can fully believe that. There is no way he can hear the fake Jerry and fake Wade and want to have anything to do with the station. He sucked it up and rolled with it when they were the only way to get maximum exposure in town, but now that there is another option who will lick his boots he'll drop the Ticket in a heartbeat.
Oh come on. He loves that stuff. It keeps the focus on him where he wants it. Whether Wade likes it is up for debate. If he leaves it's because he realizes the signal penetration doesn't even get the two main counties in the area on the flagship. Even 93.3 is spotty inside the loops in spots. And it's getting worse at least for me on my commute and at the house after dark. Forget it.

So 105.3 is in a 30-day talks with the Dallas Cowboys to try and take them away from The Ticket. I think this could be the best thing for The Ticket. I think they are finding sharing a bed with a major sports franchise not everything it is cracked up to be.

True, they still do Fake Jerry, Wade and Romo but something still seems off. I think a circling of the wagons and a look back to how they use to do things are in order.

I am interested in the book, but not enough to get over to HoB. I will just wait until June.

The little Ticket now the flagship station for the Dallas Stars. 5 year deal. The 3 dozen people that listen to hockey on the radio should be excited to fight through the static to listen to games now.

Does this mean they could be losing the Cowboys?

So 105.3 is in a 30-day talks with the Dallas Cowboys to try and take them away from The Ticket. I think this could be the best thing for The Ticket. I think they are finding sharing a bed with a major sports franchise not everything it is cracked up to be.True, they still do Fake Jerry, Wade and Romo but something still seems off. I think a circling of the wagons and a look back to how they use to do things are in order.I am interested in the book, but not enough to get over to HoB. I will just wait until June.
I was here only a couple of years pre-Cowboys, but I have not noticed a difference. The Cowboys have always been overdone imo. I mean Jerry has been on a couple times a week and the Ranch Report have been on the station forever if I am not mistaken and dunham has been the PA guy at the stadium quite awhile. Didn't remember the need to make sure they got every Cowboys' press conference before the arrangement. I do know that a heard a few callers seemingly wait for the first time (insert a host) did not make the criticism that the caller wanted that host to make, to go to the" soft on the Cowboys, now that they are on the Ticket card" Long term, I would be more concerned about them being now a part of the mega radio corporation than carry the Stars or Cowboys.

Friedo leaving Norm and The Ticket to be the ADP for 103.3 ESPN and the producer for The Mike Irvin Show.

Wow. I'm surprised to see him leave Norm. Could Norm be next?? This is not your usual situation. Mark was a hardcore Ticket employee.

First Freido, not the Cowboys

Cowboys and The Ticket Part Ways

Code:
Jeff Catlin just sent Unfair Park a press release proving Richie was right when he predicted the Dallas Cowboys and KTCK-AM (1310, The Ticket) would be parting ways sooner than later. Officially, the deal was up and into its option phase, and Catlin says the Ticket actually opted out of the deal, not the Cowboys. The station, which just announced a five-year deal to broadcast the Dallas Stars, was three years into its contact with Jerry Jones's team.Catlin won't be specific and says the release speaks for itself, but sources have indicated that the situation wasn't one Cumulus management considered economically favorable. More to come, soon as we get hold of Fake Jerry. Till then, I've got a call into Cowboys spokesman Brett Daniels.SPORTSRADIO 1310 THE TICKET AND DALLAS COWBOYS END MEDIA PARTNERSHIPDallas - Sportsradio 1310 The Ticket-KTCK/93.3 The Bone-KDBN and the Dallas Cowboys announced today that they have ended their three-year partnership to carry the team's play by play broadcasts.The agreement began in 2006 and has been a success for both parties. Sportsradio 1310 The Ticket will continue their award winning coverage of the Cowboys on and off the field."This was a successful partnership for Cumulus over the past three seasons, and we look forward to continuing to work with the Cowboys in the future outside of their play by play broadcasts." said The Ticket Vice President and Market Manager Dan Bennett.On January 16th, 2009 The Ticket and The Dallas Stars announced a new 5 year broadcast right agreement that begins with the 2009/2010 season.Sportsradio 1310 the Ticket, a live and local sports-talk station located in Dallas, Texas, guarantees big name guests and breaking sports news first. The Ticket can be found on the dial at 1310am and 104.1fm (as well as 1700 AM and 99.5-2 HD). 93.3 The Bone has been on the air since January of 2002 and in addition to providing the metroplex with great rock we are also committed to community involvement that is entertaining and informative.
I like the move as maybe it will shake some of the rust off the station.

They've been wanting to ditch the Ticket from the second they got on there. The signal is atrocious.
I seldom listen to the Ticket anymore. They talk more non-sports related crap than sports news. I don't give a crap about the Golden Globe Awards or Why today doesn't suck. I'll listen to Norm and that's about it. The Hardline just sucks. Corby is one cocky dude that has no reason to be.

They've been wanting to ditch the Ticket from the second they got on there. The signal is atrocious.
I seldom listen to the Ticket anymore. They talk more non-sports related crap than sports news. I don't give a crap about the Golden Globe Awards or Why today doesn't suck. I'll listen to Norm and that's about it. The Hardline just sucks. Corby is one cocky dude that has no reason to be.
noted

I haven't lived in the Dallas area in quite a few years, but I'm pretty sure that it's always been that way.

Users who are viewing this thread