What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Philadelphia Eagles - 30 years ago, from the makers of V.I. Warshawski (9 Viewers)

So I come in here looking for recent Eagles news and all I see is Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce conversation. Kind of ironic since she used to be an Eagles fan.
She still is very much an Eagles fan. She grew up near Philly, and grew up a huge Eagles fan.
She was cheering for KC in the Philly KC Superbowl. Not much of a true fan imo.
She’s dating a chiefs player. Chris Theriens daughter is daughter a Colts player cheered for them against the eagles I guess she isn’t a fan either. People need to get over themselves on who’s a fan and who’s not. So sick of this gate keeping

For our Sixers fans in here, how crazy is it to see Josh Harris spend a thousand billion dollars for the Commanders but not want to overpay for a coach? Lol
He only cares about making money off the team. If 76ers fans continue to flock the arena that’s all he cares about. Does the same with crystal palace in soccer

You know what annoys me and we need less of? Dude’s continuing posting about Taylor Swift in the Eagles thread, even when there’s a dedicated Kelce/Swift thread linked in thread.
It's been around for less than 1 day and is 8 pages already. I ain't reading that. :laugh:

Smart move. It started off ok but predictably turned into the political forum for NFL with people being uncool to each other. Oh well.
Hate to say it @Joe Bryant amd not trying to get political either but I’ve seen a lot of people with swift conspiracies from a certain group on social media and news. It was bound to happen. Unfortunately these folks turn anything into a conspiracy or politucap. Not sure how they live their day to day lives and they call others being triggered? A lot of hypocrisy out there in this world unfortunately

Figured for sport, I'd try to gauge what the team does with the roster and the existing players for this offseason. Broken down into 3 categories:

Lock to be back
Lock to be Gone
% chance of being back on the roster

So here goes, by positions

QB:
Hurts: Lock to be back
Mariota: Lock to be gone
Tanner McKee: 75% he is back on the PS

Thoughts: Hurts locked in, need a good/decent backup QB on the roster

RB:
Swift: 50%
Gainwell: 75% back
Scott: 50%
Penny: Lock to be gone

Thoughts: The Team doesn't value the position, but I think getting Swift back would be huge

WR:
AJ Brown: 85% chance he will be back, leaving the door open just in case something insane happens
Devonta: lock to be back, probably under a new contract
Quez: LOL, gone
Julio: Gone
Covey: Lock to be back
Zaccheus: 65% to be back

Thoughts: Need a good slot WR and a decent developmental WR for depth

TE:
Goedert: lock to be back
Stoll: Lock to be back
Calcaterra: 75% to be back

Thoughts: Goedert was drafted when Ertz was the age Goedert is now. Would die and come back to life if we get Bowers somehow

OL:
Mailata: Lock to be back
Fred Johnson: 75% back as a Stoutland project
Dickerson: Back with a new contract
Opeta: 65% back, but he kinda sucks
Kelce: 25% to be back
Jurgens: Lock to be back
Lane: Lock to be back
Steen: lock to be back
Dricoll: 60% chance to be back, they like his versatility but hes JAGish

Thoughts: Really think Jason Hangs em up. TIme for us to move on from the old guys and reinvest the money into a youth movement. Will draft another OL in the top 4 rounds, just please don't be round 1

DL:
BG: 70% chance to be back
Reddick: lock to be back, should have a new contract too
Sweat: Lock to be back
Fletch: 35% chance back. Thinking he retires
Davis: Lock to be back
Carter: ditto
Tuipulotu: 75% to be back
Milton Williams: Lock to be back, crossing fingers for a new extension
Ojomo: Lock to be back. They like him and he is decent depth
Nolan Smith: lock to be back, interested to see what Fangio does w him

Thoughts: Cox is probably gone, need a Reddick extension. Very curious to see what Vic Fangio does w these guys. No chance we don't add more depth at edge/DT via the draft/FA

LBs: - gonna be a huge makeover IMO
Morrow: 75% gone
Van Sumeran: 100% back
Patrick Johnson: 65% back
Shaq Leonard: so gone
Cunningham: 40% back

CBs:

Slay: 75% back
Bradberry: 100% gone, will be a June 1 cut
Ricks: 100% back
Jobe: 100% back
Maddox: 80% gone
Ringo: 100% back

Thoughts: No Chance Bradberry and Slay are back. Bradberry has to be gone. No chance the Eagles don't add a big time/name CB via Trade, free agency and/or draft. Jaylon Johnson would be so huge.

S:

Reed; 100% back
Brown: 100% back
Byard: No chance in hell he is back

Thoughts: Same goes for CB. I don't see a way we don't add depth/a star player here. Antoine Winfield JR please?

Overall I think its time to move on from the old, inject the youth and re tool the roster to a degree.

Figured for sport, I'd try to gauge what the team does with the roster and the existing players for this offseason. Broken down into 3 categories:

Lock to be back
Lock to be Gone

QB:

RB:

Thoughts: The Team doesn't value the position, but I think getting Swift back would be huge

WR:
AJ Brown: 85% chance he will be back, leaving the door open just in case something insane happens

TE:

Thoughts: Goedert was drafted when Ertz was the age Goedert is now. Would die and come back to life if we get Bowers somehow

OL:

Thoughts: Really think Jason Hangs em up. TIme for us to move on from the old guys and reinvest the money into a youth movement. Will draft another OL in the top 4 rounds, just please don't be round 1

DL:

Thoughts: Cox is probably gone, need a Reddick extension. Very curious to see what Vic Fangio does w these guys. No chance we don't add more depth at edge/DT via the draft/FA

CBs:

Thoughts: No Chance Bradberry and Slay are back. Bradberry has to be gone. No chance the Eagles don't add a big time/name CB via Trade, free agency and/or draft. Jaylon Johnson would be so huge.

S:

Reed; 100% back

Thoughts: Same goes for CB. I don't see a way we don't add depth/a star player here. Antoine Winfield JR please?

Overall I think its time to move on from the old, inject the youth and re tool the roster to a degree.

i think top 5 needs in no particular order
CB
S
WR
pass rusher
LB

CB and safety should be higher priority but who knows. hopefully they sign a couple of these in FA so they arent so much of a gamble in the draft

also wouldnt be shocked if they draft a qb earlier than most would think. its just what they do

What more does Andy Reid have to accomplish before he's regarded as the Greatest Head Coach of all Time (GOAT)?

Winning SB LVIII would definitely help.

Lock to be back
Lock to be Gone

QB:

RB:

WR:

TE:

OL:

DL:

CBs:

S:

Reed; 100% back

CB
S
WR
pass rusher
LB

CB and safety should be higher priority but who knows. hopefully they sign a couple of these in FA so they arent so much of a gamble in the draft

also wouldnt be shocked if they draft a qb earlier than most would think. its just what they do
Kinda the same page. S seems very important in the scheme and lucky for us, the S market is saturated this year with FA's.

Would love to get a Chinn/Duggar guy at S and sign Jaylon Johnson to a 5/6 year deal. That would make the rest of the offseason/draft very much easier lol.

What more does Andy Reid have to accomplish before he's regarded as the Greatest Head Coach of all Time (GOAT)?

They were debating the following question on the radio the other day, "If Andy had stayed, how many Super Bowls would we have won?"

Keep in mind the following. Andy took over as head coach of the Chiefs in 2013. He drafted Travis Kelce in part because he knew him through his brother Jason, who he had coached the years prior.

Andy also recognized Mahomes' greatness. People forget but Mahomes wasn't even the top rated QB in 2017 draft (Mitchell Trubisky was taken 8 spots ahead of him at #2 (Mahomes went at #10) and Desean Watson was taken right after him at 12. There were projections of him going in the first OR second round. With the possibility of him falling, Andy traded up from 27 to 10 with the Bills to take him (he only flipped the 27th and gave the 3rd that season and their first round the following year). The Eagles selected at 14 that year, so assuming Andy was still there they could have easily moved up and probably would have.

Think about that. The Eagles *could* have had Travis Kelce and Patrick Mahomes with Andy Reid as their head coach. If that doesn't make you want to vomit I don't know what does.

Note: This all completely disregards the personal **** that was happening with his sons at the time. Andy needed to go. Obviously. But the thought experiment is interesting. I'd guess we win at least 3 with him here.

Reactions: JAA

They were debating the following question on the radio the other day, "If Andy had stayed, how many Super Bowls would we have won?"

Keep in mind the following. Andy took over as head coach of the Chiefs in 2013. He drafted Travis Kelce in part because he knew him through his brother Jason, who he had coached the years prior.

Andy also recognized Mahomes' greatness. People forget but Mahomes wasn't even the top rated QB in 2017 draft (Mitchell Trubisky was taken 8 spots ahead of him at #2 (Mahomes went at #10) and Desean Watson was taken right after him at 12. There were projections of him going in the first OR second round. With the possibility of him falling, Andy traded up from 27 to 10 with the Bills to take him (he only flipped the 27th and gave the 3rd that season and their first round the following year). The Eagles selected at 14 that year, so assuming Andy was still there they could have easily moved up and probably would have.

Think about that. The Eagles *could* have had Travis Kelce and Patrick Mahomes with Andy Reid as their head coach. If that doesn't make you want to vomit I don't know what does.

Note: This all completely disregards the personal **** that was happening with his sons at the time. Andy needed to go. Obviously. But the thought experiment is interesting. I'd guess we win at least 3 with him here.
Yeah I mean I hear ya and all. But I'm one of those guys that are like "That's probably not exactly how things would have gone b/c had he stayed, X, Y, Z would have happened, which causes A, B, C to then happen, meaning the original thoughts here are probably a moot point"

And yeah, like literally no one in the entire NFL besides us Eagles fans seem to "know" that Reid, after McNabb kinda regressed a little - had 4 winning season of his last 8. Last year he had his OL coach as DC, and yeah, he let his son around the players and that son OD'd on team grounds. The last 3 seasons progressively got worse: 10-6, 8-8, 4-12. The years of "dominance" were long gone and the welcome was worn out.

He had to go.

And also like he didn't become this great great coach until he got this great great great QB as well.

Nothing against him, but its always a bit of revisionist history by outsides, hot takers and radio folks that are still talking about "What if" with Andy Reid.

• Thanks

Lock to be back
Lock to be Gone

QB:

RB:

WR:

TE:

OL:

DL:

CBs:

S:

Reed; 100% back

CB
S
WR
pass rusher
LB

Lane Johnson and Haason Reddick are the only guys over the age of 27 that I want to keep. Everyone else I'd rather replace with a younger guy.

Revisionist history. The had drafted Carson Wentz at #2 the year before so it's very unlikely that they would have drafted Mahomes a year later.

KC with Pederson was looking at Wentz prior to Doug coming here to run Andy’s offense and from reading and talking to people they loved him. When Doug came to Philly 100% focus switched to Wentz to run the show. I don’t think there’s a gaurantee we have Mahomes if Andy stayed. Only reason KC was in position for Mahomes and not Wentz was Wentz shot up draft boards weeks after the season ended. People sold low on Mahomes the following year. KC by the time the draft came were in no position to take Wentz.

They also forgot the athletic article that pointed this out on Pederson knowing Wentz already from KC scouting department and Andy. So Andy most likely would’ve had Wentz by the next year Mahomes was available

Revisionist history. The had drafted Carson Wentz at #2 the year before so it's very unlikely that they would have drafted Mahomes a year later.
Bingo they forgot that KC before Pederson got here was heavily looking into Wentz and when Doug got here and knew they had a chance had the Eagles go Wentz. Maybe Wentz is still here if Andy stays no one knows.

It’s fun revisionist history but they forgot the most important part of this equation in Carson Wentz

You know what annoys me and we need less of? Dude’s continuing posting about Taylor Swift in the Eagles thread, even when there’s a dedicated Kelce/Swift thread linked in thread.
It's been around for less than 1 day and is 8 pages already. I ain't reading that. :laugh:

Smart move. It started off ok but predictably turned into the political forum for NFL with people being uncool to each other. Oh well.
I'm so confused as to how/why Kelce/Swift became anything REMOTELY political

I'm so confused as to how/why Kelce/Swift became anything REMOTELY political
It has to do with the reaction to this article.

Thoughts: No Chance Bradberry and Slay are back. Bradberry has to be gone.
The biggest disappointment of the year was the un-creativeness of Brian Johnson's offense. The second biggest disappointment may have been Bradberry turning into a clone of Izell "Toast" Jenkins.

• Thanks

I'm leaning more and more towards his name in the conversation. The Old Guard (Walsh,Brown, etc. etc.) have more hardware and more prestige.....but they also coached in an era of almost unfettered salary cap and limited free agency; and the only other guy in the same era of Reid (Belichik) cheated.

Gotta feel pretty good about the coaching merry go round in the NFC East.

Washington gets Dan Quinn - not the best HC and a Defensive HC with a new rookie QB always works well
Dallas loses Quinn, and In my opinion, they will downgrade from him to hopefully/possibly Ron Rivera - who just might decide "Ya know, Micah Parsons is a good MLB!"
Giants - lost Wink Martindale, still got Daboll who, I dunno, seems overrated. Not sure if they even have a new DC yet
Eagles - we upgraded both spot with super experienced guys that high level positional coaches will want to work for, at least with Fangio it seems

Good stuff!

Washington gets Dan Quinn - not the best HC and a Defensive HC with a new rookie QB always works well
Dallas loses Quinn, and In my opinion, they will downgrade from him to hopefully/possibly Ron Rivera - who just might decide "Ya know, Micah Parsons is a good MLB!"
Giants - lost Wink Martindale, still got Daboll who, I dunno, seems overrated. Not sure if they even have a new DC yet
Eagles - we upgraded both spot with super experienced guys that high level positional coaches will want to work for, at least with Fangio it seems

Good stuff!

Kellen Moore was voted one of the top 5 OC in an NFLPA poll. Interesting that a few posters think he's not that good.

Good stuff!

Kellen Moore was voted one of the top 5 OC in an NFLPA poll. Interesting that a few posters think he's not that good.
I think its recency bias more than anything. Dak had his 2 best years (prior to this year) in 4 years under Kellen Moore. Those 2 years were the 2 years where he had full healthy seasons.

Dallas fans are like "Dak got better under MM" which, I guess is technically true.

Counter point from me is Dallas went from the 9th best rushing offense to 14th this year. And that is with them having THREE All Pro offensive lineman. Pollard YPC down a full 1+ yard.

And going into this season all we heard was "MM wants to run the ball more, not light the scoreboard up" Yet Dak was bombing against Washington up 21 points with like 6 minutes left in the 4th Q when they played each other on Thanksgiving.

I don't think Dallas missed Moore really and that is fine. I'm happy to have him as our OC, 100%

Good stuff!
Fangio hire is a big deal.

Good stuff!

I think its recency bias more than anything. Dak had his 2 best years (prior to this year) in 4 years under Kellen Moore. Those 2 years were the 2 years where he had full healthy seasons.

Dallas fans are like "Dak got better under MM" which, I guess is technically true.

Counter point from me is Dallas went from the 9th best rushing offense to 14th this year. And that is with them having THREE All Pro offensive lineman. Pollard YPC down a full 1+ yard.

And going into this season all we heard was "MM wants to run the ball more, not light the scoreboard up" Yet Dak was bombing against Washington up 21 points with like 6 minutes left in the 4th Q when they played each other on Thanksgiving.

I don't think Dallas missed Moore really and that is fine. I'm happy to have him as our OC, 100%
There’s more to being an NFL OC than player statistics and points scored. Dallas fans and staff were unhappy with Moores situational play calling. It’s out there and on this board if you want to see it

I know he was another hot topic last year but there looks like some red flags with Dennard Wilson. Very odd for him to part ways with 2 teams in like 12 months.

Eagles are hiring former Seattle DC Clint Hurtt as their DL coach. Also hiring Karl Scott as the DB's coach.

More solid moves hiring experienced coaches.
Karl Scott is now not coming over from SEA. They bumped him up to Sr. Defensive Assistant to retain him.
It’s ok Clint Hurtt looks like an absolute unit though. JFC he looks ready to play. We hired hulk to coach…

Tomorrow on WIP:

"Jalen Hurts failed to win the QB Challenge... should the Eagles trade him?"
Already talking about how many picks we'd get for Embiid so why not Jalen too.
To be fair they should be thinking of trading Embiid. Always hurt, comes up short in post season. Better to trade him early then late like they did with Ben
Ben can't play. Embiid is a Hall of Famer. You'd never get value for him. It's like when the magic traded Shaq. They were nothing after that.

Eagles are hiring former Seattle DC Clint Hurtt as their DL coach. Also hiring Karl Scott as the DB's coach.

More solid moves hiring experienced coaches.
Karl Scott is now not coming over from SEA. They bumped him up to Sr. Defensive Assistant to retain him.
May be worth mentioning that Kellen Moore as OC has yet to be announced by the team. It was reported about a week ago.

Fangio was reported and then announced within a day or so.

Hopefully just ironing out contract details.

Users who are viewing this thread